Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that happens when someone pours water on the marble slab?
2. What colour is Gereint's hair?
3. Which of the following is not used to make the goblets given to the Empress in the pavilion?
4. What did Cynon see the two blond curly-haired youths doing in the castle?
5. Which of the following does Arthur not mention as one of the things that he cannot grant as a boon to Culhwch?
Essay Topic 1
In The Mabinogion, what behavior is considered honourable or dishonourable? Choose two examples of behaviour described as honourable in the text and two examples of dishonourable behaviour. Describe each in detail, and include an explanation of how the honourable or dishonourable action affects the events of the plot.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the character of the magician Gwydion in "Math son of Mathonwy" and describe him in detail. State whether this character is more a negative character or a positive character, or neutral, using quotes from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The motif of the magical food vessel seems to be an important one in Celtic mythology and in The Mabinogion. Choose three examples of these magical food vessels presented in the text and describe each in detail. Along with your description, explain the role that the vessel plays in the plot.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)