Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that happens when someone pours water on the marble slab?
2. What colour is Gereint's hair?
3. Which of the following is not used to make the goblets given to the Empress in the pavilion?
4. What did Cynon see the two blond curly-haired youths doing in the castle?
5. Which of the following does Arthur not mention as one of the things that he cannot grant as a boon to Culhwch?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the stories that follow the folk-tale motif of the Ill-treated Wife. For each, explain why the woman in question receives ill treatment, what she does about the treatment and how her story is resolved. Your answer should deal with the stories of the following women:
(a) Branwen (Branwen daughter of Llyr)
(b) Rhiannon (Pwyll Prince of Dyfed)
(c) Enid (Gereint son of Erbin)
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the character of King Arthur changes over time. Your answer should describe how he is portrayed in:
(a) "Culhwch and Olwen"
(b) the three romances ("The Lady of the Fountain", "Peredur son of Efrawg" and "Gereint son of Erbin")
(c) "The Dream of Rhonabwy".
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the relationship between Gereint and Enid changes over time. What conflicts do they have and how are these conflicts resolved?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)