|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following well-known Arthurian characters is not invoked by Culhwch when he asks his boon from Arthur?
(a) Gwenhwyfar (Guinevere)
(b) Drwst (Tristram)
(c) Cei (Kay)
(d) Myrddin (Merlin)
2. Which bird of the following is not involved in creating the image that holds Peredur spellbound, thinking of his lady-love?
(a) A hawk
(b) A raven
(c) A duck
(d) A swan
3. What relation is the Lame King to Peredur?
(a) His cousin
(b) His uncle
(c) His grandfather
(d) His father
4. What guards the path to the houses in the wild craggy valley visited by Peredur after his pledge to Angharad Golden-Hand?
(a) A lion
(b) An armed knight
(d) A serpent
5. Who hits Ysbaddaden in the knee with one of the giant's poisoned spears?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following animals does Cynon not mention when he describes the Hideous Herdsman?
2. Why can't the Coranieid be destroyed?
3. Where does Llud bury the captured pigs?
4. Who killed the white stag?
5. How many times has the knight Gereint followed won the sparrowhawk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the three plagues that strike Llud's kingdom?
2. Why does Llefelys travel to France?
3. Where do Owein and Arthur play their games of gwyddbwyll?
4. What convinces Gereint that Enid is loyal to him?
5. What does the empress give to Peredur that helps him kill the Addanc?
6. Why does Gereint decide to follow the knight and the dwarf?
7. Why and how does Luned rescue Owein?
8. Why does Peredur's mother raise him in seclusion?
9. How does Enid travel to Arthur's court?
10. Why do Arthur's men stop him from attacking the Black Witch?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)