|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Arthur not mention as one of the things that he cannot grant as a boon to Culhwch?
(a) His spear
(b) His horse
(c) His sword
(d) His wife
2. What colour is Gereint's hair?
(b) We are not told
3. Which of the following does the original writer not give as one of the things that makes this tale nearly impossible to learn by heart?
(a) The banners on the pavillions
(b) The colors on the mantles
(c) The magic stones
(d) The colors on the horses
4. What does Gereint do to challenge the knight in the mist to fight?
(a) He blows the hunting horn
(b) He sits in the knight's chair
(c) He kisses the maiden
(d) He draws his sword
5. What did Llud use to destroy the Coranieid?
(a) Holy water brought from Rome
(b) Crushed insects and water
(c) Cold iron ground to powder
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Llud and Llefelys meet to discuss the plagues?
2. What is the first thing that happens when someone pours water on the marble slab?
3. How many times has the knight Gereint followed won the sparrowhawk?
4. How do the Countess's chamberlains plan to execute Luned?
5. Which of the following is not one of the results of the terrible scream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rhonabwy set out on a journey?
2. Why does the lion choose to follow Owein?
3. Where does Culhwch first see Olwen?
4. How does Enid travel to Arthur's court?
5. Why do Arthur's men stop him from attacking the Black Witch?
6. Why and how does Luned rescue Owein?
7. How do Llud and Llefelys prevent the Coranieid overhearing the plans to destroy them?
8. Why does Peredur's mother raise him in seclusion?
9. Why does the author of "The Dream of Rhonabwy" say that nobody can remember the tale without a book?
10. What are the three plagues that strike Llud's kingdom?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)