|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relation is Culhwch to Arthur?
(a) His great-nephew
(b) His first cousin
(c) His nephew
(d) His second cousin
2. How do the Countess's chamberlains plan to execute Luned?
3. Where does Llud bury the captured pigs?
(a) The White Mount in London
(b) Caer Llion
(c) Dinas Emreis
4. Why can't the Coranieid be destroyed?
(a) They are invisible
(b) If one is killed, it comes back to life
(c) They can overhear every plan to destroy them
(d) Iron weapons have no effect on them
5. What is unusual about the knight seen by Gwenhwyfar and Gereint?
(a) He is a dwarf.
(b) He is very large.
(c) He is covered in mud and blood.
(d) He is green all over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relation is the Lame King to Peredur?
2. Who helps Peredur take the dead knight's armour off?
3. Which of the following does the original writer not give as one of the things that makes this tale nearly impossible to learn by heart?
4. How many times is Peredur able to mend the sword after cutting through the column?
5. What does the lion bring to Owein to prove its loyalty to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the three plagues that strike Llud's kingdom?
2. Why does Peredur's mother raise him in seclusion?
3. How does Llud deal with the plague of the scream?
4. Why and how does Luned rescue Owein?
5. Why does Gereint decide to marry Enid?
6. How does Enid travel to Arthur's court?
7. Why do Arthur's men stop him from attacking the Black Witch?
8. Why does Glewlwyd Mighty-Grasp recommend that Culhwch should be admitted to Arthur's court?
9. What do the Arthurian figures Rhonabwy meets in his dream say about Rhonabwy's looks?
10. How do Llud and Llefelys prevent the Coranieid overhearing the plans to destroy them?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)