|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not given as a name for London?
(a) Caer Lundein
(b) Caer Ludd
(d) Caer Lloegyr
2. What is the name of the woman who Culhwch was destined to take as wife?
3. What is unusual about the dwarfs who speak the praise of Peredur (apart from their lack of height)?
(a) They both have one brown eye and one blue eye.
(b) They have been unable to speak until that point.
(c) They are identical twins.
(d) They are both blind.
4. Which of the following does Gereint not find in the orchards in the mists?
(a) A hunting horn hanging on an apple tree
(b) A pavilion of brocaded silk
(c) A woman sitting on a golden chair
(d) A fountain
5. How many knights in total does Gereint defeat before coming to the Dun Earl's dominions?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the banner topping the white pavilion that the first messenger to Arthur and Owein?
2. How long does Rhonabwy dream for?
3. What prevents Llud and Llefelys talking to each other?
4. Which of the following is not used to make the goblets given to the Empress in the pavilion?
5. Which of the following does Arthur not mention as one of the things that he cannot grant as a boon to Culhwch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cynon first approach the Hideous Herdsman?
2. What are the three plagues that strike Llud's kingdom?
3. How is Owein healed after his madness?
4. How do Cei and Gwrhyr find Mabon Son of Modron?
5. Why does Peredur's mother raise him in seclusion?
6. Why and how does Luned rescue Owein?
7. Why is Cei angry at the two dwarfs?
8. Why does Gereint decide to follow the knight and the dwarf?
9. Why does the lion choose to follow Owein?
10. How does Llud deal with the plague of the scream?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)