|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the following is not one of the knights first met by Peredur?
2. Which of the following does Peredur not encounter in the quest of the Black Worm of the Barrow?
(a) The Lady of the Feasts
(b) Edlym Red-sword
(c) The Sons of the Kings of Suffering
(d) The Lord of the Hunt
3. How many knights in total does Gereint defeat before coming to the Dun Earl's dominions?
4. Why does Enid scream?
(a) The earl tries to rape her.
(b) The earl boxes her ears.
(c) The earl tries to kill Gereint.
(d) The earl spills wine over her skirt.
5. Which of the following is one of Cei's supernatural abilities?
(a) The ability to grow as tall as a tree at will
(b) The ability of understanding the speech of birds and animals
(c) The ability to make himself invisible
(d) The ability to see in total darkness when even a cat cannot see
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the man who was stealing the food from the king's court?
2. How do the Countess's chamberlains plan to execute Luned?
3. Who killed the white stag?
4. Where do Llud and Llefelys meet to discuss the plagues?
5. Where does Llud bury the captured pigs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Glewlwyd Mighty-Grasp recommend that Culhwch should be admitted to Arthur's court?
2. How is Owein healed after his madness?
3. Why does Gereint decide to marry Enid?
4. How does Llud deal with the plague of the scream?
5. Why does the lion choose to follow Owein?
6. Where does Culhwch first see Olwen?
7. How do Llud and Llefelys prevent the Coranieid overhearing the plans to destroy them?
8. Why does Peredur's mother raise him in seclusion?
9. Why does Cynon first approach the Hideous Herdsman?
10. Why do Arthur's men stop him from attacking the Black Witch?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)