|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes the comb from between the ears of Twrch Trwyth?
(c) Osla Big-knife
(d) We are not told
2. Which of the following is not used to make the goblets given to the Empress in the pavilion?
(a) A beast's claw
(c) A crystal stone
3. Which of the following pieces of advice does Peredur's mother not give him?
(a) If you stay overnight at a castle, you may stay three nights and no more.
(b) If nobody gives you food when you need it, you can help yourself.
(c) If you hear a woman scream, go and help.
(d) If you see a church, go inside and pray.
4. Why can't the Coranieid be destroyed?
(a) If one is killed, it comes back to life
(b) Iron weapons have no effect on them
(c) They are invisible
(d) They can overhear every plan to destroy them
5. What does Culhwch's father see that lets him know it is time to take a second wife?
(a) A double-headed briar growing on his wife's grave
(b) Seven swans flying in formation over his hall
(c) Six white deer in the forest
(d) A beautiful maiden in his court
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that happens when someone pours water on the marble slab?
2. What day of the week is it when the messenger brings news of the white stag?
3. What is unusual about the dwarfs who speak the praise of Peredur (apart from their lack of height)?
4. Which of the following animals does Cynon not mention when he describes the Hideous Herdsman?
5. How many bards sing the praises of Arthur?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Enid travel to Arthur's court?
2. What does the empress give to Peredur that helps him kill the Addanc?
3. How is Owein healed after his madness?
4. Why do Arthur's men stop him from attacking the Black Witch?
5. Why does Rhonabwy set out on a journey?
6. Where do Owein and Arthur play their games of gwyddbwyll?
7. Why does Gereint decide to marry Enid?
8. What are the three plagues that strike Llud's kingdom?
9. Why and how does Luned rescue Owein?
10. Why does Glewlwyd Mighty-Grasp recommend that Culhwch should be admitted to Arthur's court?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)