|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week is it when the messenger brings news of the white stag?
2. What does the lion bring to Owein to prove its loyalty to him?
(a) A horse and armour
(b) A precious stone
(c) A roebuck and firewood
(d) A new sword
3. How does Cynon return back to Arthur's court after the black knight takes his horse?
(a) The Hideous Herdsman gives him a stag to ride.
(b) He walks home.
(c) He steals a horse from a farm.
(d) He is given a new horse at the shining castle.
4. Who is the first person of Arthur's court to find Gereint wounded under a tree?
(c) The steward's servant
5. What is the first strange thing that Peredur sees in the forest?
(a) Knights on horseback
(c) Goats without horns
(d) A white stag
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Arthur's bishop?
2. Which of the following is not used to make the goblets given to the Empress in the pavilion?
3. Which of the following tasks does Enid not perform when Gereint spends the night in her father's house?
4. What relation is Culhwch to Arthur?
5. What did Cynon see the two blond curly-haired youths doing in the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peredur's mother raise him in seclusion?
2. What do the Arthurian figures Rhonabwy meets in his dream say about Rhonabwy's looks?
3. Why does the author of "The Dream of Rhonabwy" say that nobody can remember the tale without a book?
4. How does Enid travel to Arthur's court?
5. Why does Gereint decide to marry Enid?
6. How do Llud and Llefelys prevent the Coranieid overhearing the plans to destroy them?
7. Why is Cei angry at the two dwarfs?
8. Why and how does Luned rescue Owein?
9. Why does Gereint decide to follow the knight and the dwarf?
10. Where do Owein and Arthur play their games of gwyddbwyll?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)