|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following countries does not have a representative at the council where a truce is asked for?
2. Who takes the ring from Owein?
(b) An unnamed maiden
(d) The Lady of the Fountain
3. Which of the following does Arthur not mention as one of the things that he cannot grant as a boon to Culhwch?
(a) His horse
(b) His spear
(c) His wife
(d) His sword
4. What did Llud use to destroy the Coranieid?
(b) Cold iron ground to powder
(c) Holy water brought from Rome
(d) Crushed insects and water
5. What prevents Llud and Llefelys talking to each other?
(a) A storm
(b) The Coranieid
(c) A demon
(d) They were drunk
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the results of the terrible scream?
2. What is the name of the woman who Culhwch was destined to take as wife?
3. How do the Countess's chamberlains plan to execute Luned?
4. What does Culhwch's father see that lets him know it is time to take a second wife?
5. What color is the hair of the Ragged Maiden who offers herself as Peredur's paramour?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Enid travel to Arthur's court?
2. Why does Llefelys travel to France?
3. Why does Glewlwyd Mighty-Grasp recommend that Culhwch should be admitted to Arthur's court?
4. Where does Culhwch first see Olwen?
5. What do the Arthurian figures Rhonabwy meets in his dream say about Rhonabwy's looks?
6. Why is Cei angry at the two dwarfs?
7. Why and how does Luned rescue Owein?
8. Why does Cynon first approach the Hideous Herdsman?
9. Why does Gereint decide to marry Enid?
10. Who teaches Peredur in the ways of knighthood?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)