|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cynon see the two blond curly-haired youths doing in the castle?
(a) Practicing archery
(b) Playing gwyddbwyll
(c) Practicing sword fighting
(d) Making arrows
2. Which of the following does not take part in the storytelling in Arthur's court?
(a) Glewlwyd Mighty-Grasp
3. Who killed the white stag?
4. Why can't the Coranieid be destroyed?
(a) If one is killed, it comes back to life
(b) They can overhear every plan to destroy them
(c) Iron weapons have no effect on them
(d) They are invisible
5. Which bird of the following is not involved in creating the image that holds Peredur spellbound, thinking of his lady-love?
(a) A swan
(b) A duck
(c) A hawk
(d) A raven
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of year is it when Enid laments that her husband is falling into a decline?
2. What guards the path to the houses in the wild craggy valley visited by Peredur after his pledge to Angharad Golden-Hand?
3. Which of the following does Arthur not mention as one of the things that he cannot grant as a boon to Culhwch?
4. What prevents Llud and Llefelys talking to each other?
5. What does Culhwch's father see that lets him know it is time to take a second wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What convinces Gereint that Enid is loyal to him?
2. Why does Cynon first approach the Hideous Herdsman?
3. How does Enid travel to Arthur's court?
4. Why is Cei angry at the two dwarfs?
5. How do Llud and Llefelys prevent the Coranieid overhearing the plans to destroy them?
6. Where does Culhwch first see Olwen?
7. How do Cei and Gwrhyr find Mabon Son of Modron?
8. Why does Glewlwyd Mighty-Grasp recommend that Culhwch should be admitted to Arthur's court?
9. Why does Gereint decide to follow the knight and the dwarf?
10. How does Llud deal with the plague of the scream?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)