|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the helmet of the messenger who tells Arthur that Owein's ravens have killed the young men?
(a) A dragon
(b) A bull
(c) A lion
(d) An eagle
2. Which of the following animals is not consulted by Cei and Bedwyr?
(a) A stag
(b) An eagle
(c) A badger
(d) A salmon
3. Which of the following pieces of advice does Peredur's mother not give him?
(a) If nobody gives you food when you need it, you can help yourself.
(b) If you see a church, go inside and pray.
(c) If you stay overnight at a castle, you may stay three nights and no more.
(d) If you hear a woman scream, go and help.
4. How many bards sing the praises of Arthur?
(a) We are not told
(b) One hundred
5. Who killed the white stag?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the original writer not give as one of the things that makes this tale nearly impossible to learn by heart?
2. Where does Owein wound the black knight?
3. Which of the following well-known Arthurian characters is not invoked by Culhwch when he asks his boon from Arthur?
4. What colour is Gereint's hair?
5. Where does Llefelys go to get a wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peredur's mother raise him in seclusion?
2. What does the empress give to Peredur that helps him kill the Addanc?
3. Who teaches Peredur in the ways of knighthood?
4. How does Llud deal with the plague of the scream?
5. How does Enid travel to Arthur's court?
6. How do Llud and Llefelys prevent the Coranieid overhearing the plans to destroy them?
7. Why is Cei angry at the two dwarfs?
8. Why does Glewlwyd Mighty-Grasp recommend that Culhwch should be admitted to Arthur's court?
9. Where do Owein and Arthur play their games of gwyddbwyll?
10. Why do Arthur's men stop him from attacking the Black Witch?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)