|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cynon see the two blond curly-haired youths doing in the castle?
(a) Practicing archery
(b) Playing gwyddbwyll
(c) Making arrows
(d) Practicing sword fighting
2. Who helps Peredur take the dead knight's armour off?
3. How does Lludd keep himself awake while he keeps watch over the hall at night?
(a) He dips himself in cold water
(b) He slaps himself on the face
(c) He recited poetry
(d) He drinks stimulating drinks
4. Where do Llud and Llefelys meet to discuss the plagues?
(a) On top of a mountain
(b) On board a ship
(c) In a hall made of bronze
(d) In the middle of the circle of Stonehenge
5. Which of the following does the original writer not give as one of the things that makes this tale nearly impossible to learn by heart?
(a) The colors on the mantles
(b) The colors on the horses
(c) The banners on the pavillions
(d) The magic stones
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Enid scream?
2. Which of the following animals is not consulted by Cei and Bedwyr?
3. What colors are worn by the horse and rider who first meets Rhonabwy?
4. How many times has the knight Gereint followed won the sparrowhawk?
5. What is the first thing that happens when someone pours water on the marble slab?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Glewlwyd Mighty-Grasp recommend that Culhwch should be admitted to Arthur's court?
2. How does Llud deal with the plague of the scream?
3. How do Llud and Llefelys prevent the Coranieid overhearing the plans to destroy them?
4. What does the empress give to Peredur that helps him kill the Addanc?
5. What are the three plagues that strike Llud's kingdom?
6. Why do Arthur's men stop him from attacking the Black Witch?
7. Why does the lion choose to follow Owein?
8. Why does Cynon first approach the Hideous Herdsman?
9. How is Owein healed after his madness?
10. Why is Cei angry at the two dwarfs?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)