|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Owein end up living with his wife?
(a) The city by the fountain
(b) The castle of the Black Oppressor
(c) Arthur's court
(d) The shining castle
2. How many bards sing the praises of Arthur?
(a) We are not told
(b) One hundred
3. What does Gereint do to challenge the knight in the mist to fight?
(a) He kisses the maiden
(b) He draws his sword
(c) He sits in the knight's chair
(d) He blows the hunting horn
4. How does Cynon return back to Arthur's court after the black knight takes his horse?
(a) He walks home.
(b) The Hideous Herdsman gives him a stag to ride.
(c) He is given a new horse at the shining castle.
(d) He steals a horse from a farm.
5. Who of the following is not one of the knights first met by Peredur?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Rhonabwy dream for?
2. How many times has the knight Gereint followed won the sparrowhawk?
3. Which of the following does the original writer not give as one of the things that makes this tale nearly impossible to learn by heart?
4. What guards the path to the houses in the wild craggy valley visited by Peredur after his pledge to Angharad Golden-Hand?
5. Where do Llud and Llefelys meet to discuss the plagues?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gereint decide to follow the knight and the dwarf?
2. What do the Arthurian figures Rhonabwy meets in his dream say about Rhonabwy's looks?
3. How is Owein healed after his madness?
4. How do Cei and Gwrhyr find Mabon Son of Modron?
5. How does Llud deal with the plague of the scream?
6. Why and how does Luned rescue Owein?
7. Why does the author of "The Dream of Rhonabwy" say that nobody can remember the tale without a book?
8. Why does Glewlwyd Mighty-Grasp recommend that Culhwch should be admitted to Arthur's court?
9. How do Llud and Llefelys prevent the Coranieid overhearing the plans to destroy them?
10. Why does Llefelys travel to France?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)