|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is one of Cei's supernatural abilities?
(a) The ability of understanding the speech of birds and animals
(b) The ability to see in total darkness when even a cat cannot see
(c) The ability to grow as tall as a tree at will
(d) The ability to make himself invisible
2. Where does Owein wound the black knight?
(a) In the thigh
(b) In the head
(c) In the chest
(d) In the stomach
3. What color is the hair of the Ragged Maiden who offers herself as Peredur's paramour?
(a) We are not told
(b) Red or auburn
4. How long does Rhonabwy dream for?
(a) Three days and three nights
(b) One whole night
(c) One whole week
(d) A night and a day
5. Where do the pure black troop come from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following tasks does Enid not perform when Gereint spends the night in her father's house?
2. Who is the rightful king of Powys?
3. Which of the following animals does Cynon not mention when he describes the Hideous Herdsman?
4. Who takes the comb from between the ears of Twrch Trwyth?
5. How many times has the knight Gereint followed won the sparrowhawk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the three plagues that strike Llud's kingdom?
2. Why does Peredur's mother raise him in seclusion?
3. Why does the author of "The Dream of Rhonabwy" say that nobody can remember the tale without a book?
4. Where do Owein and Arthur play their games of gwyddbwyll?
5. How does Enid travel to Arthur's court?
6. Where does Culhwch first see Olwen?
7. Why does Gereint decide to follow the knight and the dwarf?
8. What does the empress give to Peredur that helps him kill the Addanc?
9. How does Llud deal with the plague of the scream?
10. How is Owein healed after his madness?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)