|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following do the party of soldiers not see on the floor of the old hall?
(b) Broken pots
(c) Cow dung
2. What is on the helmet of the messenger who tells Arthur that Owein's ravens have killed the young men?
(a) A dragon
(b) An eagle
(c) A lion
(d) A bull
3. Who hits Ysbaddaden in the knee with one of the giant's poisoned spears?
4. What does the lion bring to Owein to prove its loyalty to him?
(a) A roebuck and firewood
(b) A new sword
(c) A precious stone
(d) A horse and armour
5. Which of the following is not promised to Culhwch by the porter if he stays in the guest house?
(a) A hot bath
(b) Hot peppered chops
(c) Food for his dogs and horse
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following tasks does Enid not perform when Gereint spends the night in her father's house?
2. What relation is Culhwch to Arthur?
3. What did Cynon see the two blond curly-haired youths doing in the castle?
4. Where does Owein end up living with his wife?
5. What is the first strange thing that Peredur sees in the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Culhwch first see Olwen?
2. Why do Arthur's men stop him from attacking the Black Witch?
3. How does Llud deal with the plague of the scream?
4. Why does Gereint decide to follow the knight and the dwarf?
5. Why does the lion choose to follow Owein?
6. Why does Glewlwyd Mighty-Grasp recommend that Culhwch should be admitted to Arthur's court?
7. Why and how does Luned rescue Owein?
8. How do Llud and Llefelys prevent the Coranieid overhearing the plans to destroy them?
9. Why does the author of "The Dream of Rhonabwy" say that nobody can remember the tale without a book?
10. Who teaches Peredur in the ways of knighthood?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)