|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week is it when the messenger brings news of the white stag?
2. How many times is Peredur able to mend the sword after cutting through the column?
(c) Ten times
(d) Three times
3. Which of the following tasks does Enid not perform when Gereint spends the night in her father's house?
(a) Stabling Gereint's horse
(b) Shopping for food and drink
(c) Cooking the meal
(d) Helping Gereint take his boots off
4. What is unusual about the dwarfs who speak the praise of Peredur (apart from their lack of height)?
(a) They are identical twins.
(b) They have been unable to speak until that point.
(c) They both have one brown eye and one blue eye.
(d) They are both blind.
5. Which of the following is one of Cei's supernatural abilities?
(a) The ability of understanding the speech of birds and animals
(b) The ability to see in total darkness when even a cat cannot see
(c) The ability to grow as tall as a tree at will
(d) The ability to make himself invisible
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cynon return back to Arthur's court after the black knight takes his horse?
2. How many knights in total does Gereint defeat before coming to the Dun Earl's dominions?
3. Who is the rightful king of Powys?
4. How many times has the knight Gereint followed won the sparrowhawk?
5. What is the first strange thing that Peredur sees in the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the three plagues that strike Llud's kingdom?
2. How do Llud and Llefelys prevent the Coranieid overhearing the plans to destroy them?
3. Why does Gereint decide to marry Enid?
4. How is Owein healed after his madness?
5. Why does Llefelys travel to France?
6. Why is Cei angry at the two dwarfs?
7. Why do Arthur's men stop him from attacking the Black Witch?
8. What do the Arthurian figures Rhonabwy meets in his dream say about Rhonabwy's looks?
9. Why does Rhonabwy set out on a journey?
10. How does Llud deal with the plague of the scream?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)