|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the plagues?
(a) A terrible scream every May Eve
(b) The invasion of the Coranieid folk
(c) Fire-breathing dragons carrying off maidens
(d) The food in the king's court vanishing
2. What relation is Culhwch to Arthur?
(a) His nephew
(b) His first cousin
(c) His second cousin
(d) His great-nephew
3. What does Gereint do to challenge the knight in the mist to fight?
(a) He kisses the maiden
(b) He sits in the knight's chair
(c) He draws his sword
(d) He blows the hunting horn
4. What is the first strange thing that Peredur sees in the forest?
(a) Knights on horseback
(c) Goats without horns
(d) A white stag
5. Which of the following well-known Arthurian characters is not invoked by Culhwch when he asks his boon from Arthur?
(a) Drwst (Tristram)
(b) Myrddin (Merlin)
(c) Cei (Kay)
(d) Gwenhwyfar (Guinevere)
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the original writer not give as one of the things that makes this tale nearly impossible to learn by heart?
2. How does Cynon return back to Arthur's court after the black knight takes his horse?
3. Where does Owein wound the black knight?
4. Which bird of the following is not involved in creating the image that holds Peredur spellbound, thinking of his lady-love?
5. What is the first thing that happens when someone pours water on the marble slab?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rhonabwy set out on a journey?
2. How is Owein healed after his madness?
3. Why does the lion choose to follow Owein?
4. Why does Peredur's mother raise him in seclusion?
5. How does Enid travel to Arthur's court?
6. How do Cei and Gwrhyr find Mabon Son of Modron?
7. Why does Cynon first approach the Hideous Herdsman?
8. Why is Cei angry at the two dwarfs?
9. Where do Owein and Arthur play their games of gwyddbwyll?
10. What are the three plagues that strike Llud's kingdom?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)