|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following do the party of soldiers not see on the floor of the old hall?
(b) Broken pots
(d) Cow dung
2. Where does Llefelys go to get a wife?
3. How many bards sing the praises of Arthur?
(a) We are not told
(d) One hundred
4. What happens to the man who was stealing the food from the king's court?
(a) Llud imprisons him.
(b) He becomes one of Llud's vassals.
(c) Llud kills him..
(d) He escapes, never to be seen again.
5. What causes the scream?
(a) Two dragons
(b) A demon
(c) A huge female dragon
(d) Two gigantic pigs
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week is it when the messenger brings news of the white stag?
2. Which of the following is not given as a name for London?
3. How does Cynon return back to Arthur's court after the black knight takes his horse?
4. Which bird of the following is not involved in creating the image that holds Peredur spellbound, thinking of his lady-love?
5. What colors are worn by the horse and rider who first meets Rhonabwy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Culhwch first see Olwen?
2. How does Llud deal with the plague of the scream?
3. Why do Arthur's men stop him from attacking the Black Witch?
4. How do Llud and Llefelys prevent the Coranieid overhearing the plans to destroy them?
5. How does Enid travel to Arthur's court?
6. Why and how does Luned rescue Owein?
7. What do the Arthurian figures Rhonabwy meets in his dream say about Rhonabwy's looks?
8. What convinces Gereint that Enid is loyal to him?
9. Who teaches Peredur in the ways of knighthood?
10. Why does Glewlwyd Mighty-Grasp recommend that Culhwch should be admitted to Arthur's court?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)