|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What guards the path to the houses in the wild craggy valley visited by Peredur after his pledge to Angharad Golden-Hand?
(a) A serpent
(b) An armed knight
(d) A lion
2. What does Gereint do to challenge the knight in the mist to fight?
(a) He kisses the maiden
(b) He sits in the knight's chair
(c) He blows the hunting horn
(d) He draws his sword
3. What is the name of Arthur's bishop?
4. What colour is Gereint's hair?
(a) We are not told
5. Where does Llefelys go to get a wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following animals is not consulted by Cei and Bedwyr?
2. What is the ultimate fate of the Black Oppressor?
3. Where does Llud bury the captured pigs?
4. Which of the following countries does not have a representative at the council where a truce is asked for?
5. What is the most common response of both Owein and Arthur when the messengers bring them news about the battle between the men and the ravens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cynon first approach the Hideous Herdsman?
2. How does Enid travel to Arthur's court?
3. Why does Glewlwyd Mighty-Grasp recommend that Culhwch should be admitted to Arthur's court?
4. Why does the author of "The Dream of Rhonabwy" say that nobody can remember the tale without a book?
5. How do Llud and Llefelys prevent the Coranieid overhearing the plans to destroy them?
6. How does Llud deal with the plague of the scream?
7. What convinces Gereint that Enid is loyal to him?
8. Why and how does Luned rescue Owein?
9. What does the empress give to Peredur that helps him kill the Addanc?
10. Why does Rhonabwy set out on a journey?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)