|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not given as a name for London?
(a) Caer Lloegyr
(b) Caer Lundein
(d) Caer Ludd
2. How long does Rhonabwy dream for?
(a) One whole week
(b) One whole night
(c) Three days and three nights
(d) A night and a day
3. What colors are worn by the horse and rider who first meets Rhonabwy?
(a) Yellow and red
(b) Yellow and blue
(c) Yellow and green
(d) Yellow and black
4. Who takes the comb from between the ears of Twrch Trwyth?
(b) Osla Big-knife
(c) We are not told
5. Where do Llud and Llefelys meet to discuss the plagues?
(a) In the middle of the circle of Stonehenge
(b) On top of a mountain
(c) On board a ship
(d) In a hall made of bronze
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of year is it when Enid laments that her husband is falling into a decline?
2. Which bird of the following is not involved in creating the image that holds Peredur spellbound, thinking of his lady-love?
3. What is on the helmet of the messenger who tells Arthur that Owein's ravens have killed the young men?
4. What is unusual about the knight seen by Gwenhwyfar and Gereint?
5. Where does Llud bury the captured pigs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Arthur's men stop him from attacking the Black Witch?
2. Why and how does Luned rescue Owein?
3. Why does Cynon first approach the Hideous Herdsman?
4. How do Cei and Gwrhyr find Mabon Son of Modron?
5. Why does the lion choose to follow Owein?
6. What convinces Gereint that Enid is loyal to him?
7. How do Llud and Llefelys prevent the Coranieid overhearing the plans to destroy them?
8. Where does Culhwch first see Olwen?
9. Why does Peredur's mother raise him in seclusion?
10. Why does the author of "The Dream of Rhonabwy" say that nobody can remember the tale without a book?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)