|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the mice come to steal Manawydan's grain?
2. How many original manuscripts did the original tales come from?
3. Who had Bendigeifran left as his regent while he was in Ireland?
(a) Pendaran Dyfed
4. What town was Pwyll and Rhiannon's son born in?
(a) Caer Aranrhod
(d) Caer Llion
5. What is the bridge onto the ship in Macsen's dream made out of?
(a) Walrus ivory
(b) Polished oakwood
(c) Crystal-clear glass
(d) Purest gold
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Pryderi not find inside the caer?
2. Who invented the word "Mabinogion"?
3. What is unusual about the warriors brought back to life by the Cauldron of Rebirth?
4. What is the most likely meaning of "Mabinogion"?
5. Where is Macsen when he receives the message that inspires him to return to Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are onomastic tales?
2. Why does Teyrnon decide to take Gwri to the court of Pwyll?
3. What are the three plagues that strike Llud's kingdom?
4. What happens to Branwen after the battle?
5. Where do Owein and Arthur play their games of gwyddbwyll?
6. Where does Macsen Wledig fall asleep?
7. What happens when the door facing Cornwall is opened?
8. What conditions does Manawydan demand in exchange for the freedom of the mouse?
9. What three tokens of manhood does Aranrhod refuse to give Lleu Llaw Gyffes?
10. Exactly what disappears during the thunder and mist, and what does not?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)