|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal leads Math and Gwydion to Lleu Llaw Gyffes?
(a) A shewolf
(b) A stag
(c) A sow
(d) An eagle
2. What was the name of the French troubador who originally wrote the earliest version of three of these tales?
(a) Chretién de Troyes
(b) Marie de France
(d) Lady Charlotte Guest
3. When does Teyrnon's mare give birth to a foal?
(a) May Eve
(b) May Day
4. How many Welsh people survive the battle?
5. Which of the following places is not mentioned in the tale?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Manawydan keep the mouse he catches?
2. What is the most likely meaning of "Mabinogion"?
3. What is the name of the king that Pwyll must face in single combat in the Otherworld?
4. Which of the following is not part of the situation where Lleu Llaw Gyffes can be killed?
5. What is the name of Rhiannon's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Efnisien mutilate the Irish horses?
2. What three tokens of manhood does Aranrhod refuse to give Lleu Llaw Gyffes?
3. What are onomastic tales?
4. How do Math and Gwydion find Lleu Llaw Gyffes after Gronwr shoots him?
5. What is unusual about Rhiannon's horse as the messengers try to catch her?
6. Why does Teyrnon decide to take Gwri to the court of Pwyll?
7. Why does Cigfa become so fearful after Rhiannon and Pryderi vanish?
8. What does Macsen see in his dream beside the river?
9. Why do the four have to leave the towns in Lloegyr they try to settle in?
10. How does Math react to the news that Goewin has been raped?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)