|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person to try to rescue Pryderi from the caer?
2. Which of the following was not originally a medieval courtly romance?
(a) Peredur son of Efrawg
(b) Branwen Daughter of Llyr
(c) The Lady of the Fountain
(d) Gereint Son of Erbin
3. Which of the following is not one of the survivors?
4. Which well-known legendary hero appears in several tales within The Mabinogion?
(a) Julius Caesar
(b) Robin Hood
(c) King Arthur
(d) Alexander the Great
5. Where did Manawydan go to offer homage to Caswallawn?
(a) The White Mount in London
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times in total does Pwyll see Rhiannon riding past the mound?
2. What is unusual about the warriors brought back to life by the Cauldron of Rebirth?
3. What is Macsen Wledig doing when he falls asleep and has his dream?
4. Which sub-division of the tales are considered to be the most recently written?
5. Which tale is the earliest contained in THE MABINOGION?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Math react to the news that Goewin has been raped?
2. How does Pwyll win Rhiannon back from Gwawl?
3. Where does Macsen Wledig fall asleep?
4. Why does Pryderi arrange for his widowed mother to marry Manawydan?
5. How does Lleu Llaw Gyffes get his name?
6. What does Pwyll do that insults or offends Arawn?
7. Why does Llwyd use his magic to bring harm to Pryderi and his family?
8. What period in history were the later tales in "The Mabinogion" written down in?
9. Why does Efnisien mutilate the Irish horses?
10. Which manuscript used to compile The Mabinogion is the earliest?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)