|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Branwen treated as a queen should be?
(a) Three years
(b) Not at all
(c) One year
(d) Two years
2. Which of the following is not one of the sons of Llyr?
3. What title do the messengers greet the maiden with?
(a) Empress of Britain
(b) Queen of Rome
(c) Queen of Britain
(d) Empress of Rome
4. Which of the brothers settles permanently in Llydaw?
(c) Neither of them
(d) Both of them
5. How many children does Aranrhod give birth to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times in total does Pwyll see Rhiannon riding past the mound?
2. Where is Macsen when he receives the message that inspires him to return to Rome?
3. How many kings are with Macsen Wledig when he has his dream?
4. What animal is killed in order to frame Rhiannon for the murder of her son?
5. In total, how many years do the survivors spend in feasting before they bury the head?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were these tales originally presented to an audience?
2. Why does Efnisien mutilate the Irish horses?
3. Exactly what disappears during the thunder and mist, and what does not?
4. Where does Macsen Wledig fall asleep?
5. Why does Teyrnon decide to take Gwri to the court of Pwyll?
6. What does Elen insist on after the messengers salute her as Empress of Rome?
7. Why do the serving women decide to accuse Rhiannon of murdering her son?
8. How does Math react to the news that Goewin has been raped?
9. Why, according to the tale, do the warriors of Cynan decide to cut out the tongues of the women?
10. Why does Elen command the roads to be built throughout Britain?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)