|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Elen's brothers to conquer the city?
(a) Three years
(b) Three days
(c) A month
(d) A week
2. What is the name of the river in Ireland that Bendigeidfran helps his troops to cross?
3. What animal does Pwyll say that he has trapped in the bag?
(a) A snake
(b) A badger
(c) A fox
(d) A weasel
4. Which of the following phenomena did not signal the disappearance of the people and domestic animals of Dyfed?
5. Who accuses Rhiannon of the murder?
(a) Her waiting-women
(b) Pwyll's councillors
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following people does not come to ask Manawydan to release the mouse?
2. What bird is Blodeuedd transformed into?
3. How many messengers set out on the journey indicated by Macsen's dream?
4. How long was Llasar Llaes Gyfnewid's wife pregnant for?
5. How long does Macsen Wledig spend in Britain with Elen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Elen command the roads to be built throughout Britain?
2. How were these tales originally presented to an audience?
3. Where did the Three Romances originate from before being written for the Mabinogion?
4. What does Elen insist on after the messengers salute her as Empress of Rome?
5. Why do the serving women decide to accuse Rhiannon of murdering her son?
6. What are onomastic tales?
7. Why does Efnisien mutilate the Irish horses?
8. How does Math react to the news that Goewin has been raped?
9. What action of Pwyll's during his year in the Otherworld impresses Arawn as an example of virtue?
10. What happens when the door facing Cornwall is opened?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)