|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many messengers set out on the journey indicated by Macsen's dream?
2. What relation is Gwydion to Lleu Llaw Gyffes?
(a) His cousin
(b) His brother
(c) His father
(d) His uncle
3. How many pigs does Gwydion get in exchange from Pryderi for the magical horses and greyhounds
(b) We are not told
4. What animal does Pwyll say that he has trapped in the bag?
(a) A fox
(b) A snake
(c) A weasel
(d) A badger
5. What is Macsen Wledig doing when he falls asleep and has his dream?
(a) He is feasting in his hall.
(b) He is holding a court of justice.
(c) He is out hunting.
(d) He is on board a ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following crafts do Manawydan and Pryderi not earn a living at?
2. How many years did the four spend living in the wilds before moving to Lloegyr?
3. Which of the following does Pryderi not find inside the caer?
4. How long does Pwyll spend in the Otherworld?
5. Which of the following places are not seen by Macsen's messengers in the Island of Britain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Macsen Wledig fall asleep?
2. Where did the Three Romances originate from before being written for the Mabinogion?
3. What does Macsen see in his dream beside the river?
4. What does Pwyll do that insults or offends Arawn?
5. Why does Aranrhod treat Lleu Llaw Gyffes so spitefully?
6. What are onomastic tales?
7. Why does Cigfa become so fearful after Rhiannon and Pryderi vanish?
8. Exactly what disappears during the thunder and mist, and what does not?
9. Why do the serving women decide to accuse Rhiannon of murdering her son?
10. What is given to Matholwch and the other Irishmen in compensation for the mutilated horses?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)