|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following cantrefs does Pryderi not rule over?
2. Which tale is the earliest contained in THE MABINOGION?
(a) Culhwch and Olwen
(b) Branwen Daughter of Llyr
(c) Gereint Son of Erbin
(d) Math Son of Mathonwy
3. How many people does Macsen Wledig see in his dream?
4. Which of the following phenomena did not signal the disappearance of the people and domestic animals of Dyfed?
5. Who decides on Blodeuedd's punishment?
(d) Lleu Llaw Gyffes
Short Answer Questions
1. How many kings are with Macsen Wledig when he has his dream?
2. What weapon does Lleu Llaw Gyffes use to kill Gronwr?
3. Which of the following animals are Gilfaethwy and Gwydion not transformed into?
4. What is the name of the king that Pwyll must face in single combat in the Otherworld?
5. Which of the following does Pryderi not find inside the caer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Math react to the news that Goewin has been raped?
2. What action of Pwyll's during his year in the Otherworld impresses Arawn as an example of virtue?
3. How do Math and Gwydion find Lleu Llaw Gyffes after Gronwr shoots him?
4. What is unusual about Rhiannon's horse as the messengers try to catch her?
5. What conditions does Manawydan demand in exchange for the freedom of the mouse?
6. What three tokens of manhood does Aranrhod refuse to give Lleu Llaw Gyffes?
7. What does Elen insist on after the messengers salute her as Empress of Rome?
8. Why does Pryderi arrange for his widowed mother to marry Manawydan?
9. What happens to Branwen after the battle?
10. What happens when the door facing Cornwall is opened?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)