|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Teyrnon's mare give birth to a foal?
(a) May Eve
(d) May Day
2. How long does Rhiannon have to serve her penance?
(a) Until the true murderer is found
(b) The rest of her life
(c) Nine years
(d) Seven years
3. What does Elen arrange to be brought to Britain so Macsen can feel more at home?
(b) His hunting hounds
(c) Soil from his native land
(d) His ageing mother
4. How many tales appear in THE MABINOGION?
5. Which town in Lloegyr do Cigfa and Manawydan live in when Manawydan becomes a shoemaker for the second time?
(d) We are not told
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Efnisien not to do the horses?
2. Which of the following is not part of the situation where Lleu Llaw Gyffes can be killed?
3. What relation is Gwydion to Lleu Llaw Gyffes?
4. What is unusual about the warriors brought back to life by the Cauldron of Rebirth?
5. Where did Manawydan go to offer homage to Caswallawn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Teyrnon decide to take Gwri to the court of Pwyll?
2. Why does Pryderi arrange for his widowed mother to marry Manawydan?
3. Who teaches Peredur in the ways of knighthood?
4. How does Llud deal with the plague of the scream?
5. Where does Culhwch first see Olwen?
6. What do the Arthurian figures Rhonabwy meets in his dream say about Rhonabwy's looks?
7. Why does Efnisien mutilate the Irish horses?
8. Why do Arthur's men stop him from attacking the Black Witch?
9. Why does Rhonabwy set out on a journey?
10. Was the name "<i>The Mabinogion</i>" originally given to this collection of tales?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)