|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did the four spend living in the wilds before moving to Lloegyr?
(a) One year
(b) Three years
(c) Two years
(d) The story does not say
2. What is the name of the cantref ruled over by Lleu Llaw Gyffes before his betrayal by Blodeuedd and Gronwr?
(a) Caer Aranrhod
(c) Caer Dathyl
3. When do the mice come to steal Manawydan's grain?
4. How many warriors were hidden in great house built for Bendigeidfran?
(a) Three hundred
(c) One hundred
(d) One thousand
5. How long does Macsen Wledig spend in Britain with Elen?
(a) Ten years
(b) Seven years
(c) A year and a day
(d) One year
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the French troubador who originally wrote the earliest version of three of these tales?
2. What is the bridge onto the ship in Macsen's dream made out of?
3. Which of the following flowers is not used to create Blodeuedd?
4. Which of the following phenomena did not signal the disappearance of the people and domestic animals of Dyfed?
5. How many children does Aranrhod give birth to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What period in history were the later tales in "The Mabinogion" written down in?
2. What happens when the door facing Cornwall is opened?
3. Why do the four have to leave the towns in Lloegyr they try to settle in?
4. Where did the Three Romances originate from before being written for the Mabinogion?
5. What does Elen insist on after the messengers salute her as Empress of Rome?
6. Which manuscript used to compile The Mabinogion is the earliest?
7. What is given to Matholwch and the other Irishmen in compensation for the mutilated horses?
8. Why does Teyrnon decide to take Gwri to the court of Pwyll?
9. What happens to Branwen after the battle?
10. How do Math and Gwydion find Lleu Llaw Gyffes after Gronwr shoots him?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)