|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following parts of shoemaking do Manawydan and Pryderi not do for themselves?
(a) Cutting out the leather
(b) Stitching the shoes together
(c) Skinning beasts to get the hides
(d) Dressing and tanning the leather
2. Why was Manawydan able to catch Llwyd's wife in mouse form?
(a) She was pregnant
(b) She was carrying too much grain
(c) She was lame
(d) She was overweight
3. How much does the priest offer for the release of the mouse?
(a) One pound
(b) Thirty pounds
(c) Three pounds
(d) Five pounds
4. How long was Branwen treated as a queen should be?
(a) Not at all
(b) Two years
(c) Three years
(d) One year
5. What is the name of the man (other than Pwyll) who claims Rhiannon as his bride?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning given for the place-name Llydaw and explained by the onomastic tale?
2. What is the name of the cantref ruled over by Lleu Llaw Gyffes before his betrayal by Blodeuedd and Gronwr?
3. Which of the following is not part of the situation where Lleu Llaw Gyffes can be killed?
4. How fast is Rhiannon's horse travelling when the messengers pursue her?
5. How many kings are with Macsen Wledig when he has his dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pwyll do that insults or offends Arawn?
2. Why does Llwyd use his magic to bring harm to Pryderi and his family?
3. What conditions does Manawydan demand in exchange for the freedom of the mouse?
4. What action of Pwyll's during his year in the Otherworld impresses Arawn as an example of virtue?
5. Why do the serving women decide to accuse Rhiannon of murdering her son?
6. What happens to Branwen after the battle?
7. Why does Teyrnon decide to take Gwri to the court of Pwyll?
8. How do Math and Gwydion find Lleu Llaw Gyffes after Gronwr shoots him?
9. Why does Gwydion suggest obtaining pigs from Pryderi?
10. What happens when the door facing Cornwall is opened?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)