|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elen arrange to be brought to Britain so Macsen can feel more at home?
(b) His ageing mother
(c) His hunting hounds
(d) Soil from his native land
2. Where does Manawydan keep the mouse he catches?
(a) In his pocket
(b) In his shoe
(c) In his glove
(d) In his hat
3. What is the technical term used for stories told to explain a place name?
4. How many children does Aranrhod give birth to?
5. Who decides on Blodeuedd's punishment?
(d) Lleu Llaw Gyffes
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the mice come to steal Manawydan's grain?
2. What is unusual about the boar pursued by Pryderi's hunting hounds?
3. What is the bridge onto the ship in Macsen's dream made out of?
4. Which of the following cantrefs does Pryderi not rule over?
5. Which of the following people does not come to ask Manawydan to release the mouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Macsen see in his dream beside the river?
2. How does Enid travel to Arthur's court?
3. Why does Gwydion suggest obtaining pigs from Pryderi?
4. What do the Irish hide within the hall built for Bendigeidfran and why?
5. What are onomastic tales?
6. Where does Culhwch first see Olwen?
7. What convinces Gereint that Enid is loyal to him?
8. Why do the four have to leave the towns in Lloegyr they try to settle in?
9. Why does Gereint decide to marry Enid?
10. What three tokens of manhood does Aranrhod refuse to give Lleu Llaw Gyffes?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)