|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Welsh people survive the battle?
2. What weapon does Lleu Llaw Gyffes use to kill Gronwr?
(a) A stone
(b) An arrow
(c) A spear
(d) A sword
3. How long was Branwen treated as a queen should be?
(a) Not at all
(b) Three years
(c) Two years
(d) One year
4. How long does Rhiannon have to serve her penance?
(a) Seven years
(b) The rest of her life
(c) Nine years
(d) Until the true murderer is found
5. What do Gwydion and his men disguise themselves at to visit the court of Pryderi?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mystery child left in the stable wearing?
2. Which of the brothers settles permanently in Llydaw?
3. What was the name of the French troubador who originally wrote the earliest version of three of these tales?
4. What is the name of the man (other than Pwyll) who claims Rhiannon as his bride?
5. How many original manuscripts did the original tales come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the door facing Cornwall is opened?
2. Why does Efnisien mutilate the Irish horses?
3. What are onomastic tales?
4. How does Math react to the news that Goewin has been raped?
5. What is unusual about Rhiannon's horse as the messengers try to catch her?
6. Why does Gwydion suggest obtaining pigs from Pryderi?
7. What action of Pwyll's during his year in the Otherworld impresses Arawn as an example of virtue?
8. Why does Cigfa become so fearful after Rhiannon and Pryderi vanish?
9. What period in history were the later tales in "The Mabinogion" written down in?
10. What does Elen insist on after the messengers salute her as Empress of Rome?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)