|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about the boar pursued by Pryderi's hunting hounds?
(a) It is white
(b) It can run faster than the fastest horse
(c) It drips flame from its muzzle
(d) It can make itself invisible
2. How long was Llasar Llaes Gyfnewid's wife pregnant for?
(a) Six months
(b) A month
(c) Six weeks
(d) A fortnight
3. How much does the priest offer for the release of the mouse?
(a) One pound
(b) Thirty pounds
(c) Three pounds
(d) Five pounds
4. How many kings are with Macsen Wledig when he has his dream?
5. In total, how many years do the survivors spend in feasting before they bury the head?
Short Answer Questions
1. How fast is Rhiannon's horse travelling when the messengers pursue her?
2. Which tale is the earliest contained in THE MABINOGION?
3. What town was Pwyll and Rhiannon's son born in?
4. Who accuses Rhiannon of the murder?
5. What do the Irish swineherds mistake Bendigeidfran for as he crosses the ocean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why, according to the tale, do the warriors of Cynan decide to cut out the tongues of the women?
2. How does Lleu Llaw Gyffes get his name?
3. How do Bendigeidfran and his brothers know that the Irish ships are coming in peace?
4. How were these tales originally presented to an audience?
5. What happens when the door facing Cornwall is opened?
6. Why does Gwydion suggest obtaining pigs from Pryderi?
7. What happens to Branwen after the battle?
8. How do Math and Gwydion find Lleu Llaw Gyffes after Gronwr shoots him?
9. What role does Macsen Wledig play in the reconquest of Rome?
10. Which manuscript used to compile The Mabinogion is the earliest?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)