|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color were the strange hounds seen by Pwyll?
(a) White with red ears
(b) Red, black and white
(c) Red with white ears
(d) White with black ears
2. How old was Gwri when he learned to walk?
(a) One year old
(b) Three years old
(c) Less than three months old
(d) Less than one year old
3. How many original manuscripts did the original tales come from?
4. Which of the following did Efnisien not to do the horses?
(a) Cut off their lips
(b) Cut off their manes
(c) Cut off their ears
(d) Cut off their tails
5. How fast is Rhiannon's horse travelling when the messengers pursue her?
(a) A full gallop
(b) A brisk canter
(c) A slow, even pace
(d) Faster than lightning
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the strongholds built by Elen?
2. Which of the following parts of shoemaking do Manawydan and Pryderi not do for themselves?
3. Who tells Math that Goewin is no longer a virgin?
4. What is the name of Rhiannon's father?
5. What is the name of the cantref ruled over by Lleu Llaw Gyffes before his betrayal by Blodeuedd and Gronwr?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elen insist on after the messengers salute her as Empress of Rome?
2. Why does Teyrnon decide to take Gwri to the court of Pwyll?
3. What three tokens of manhood does Aranrhod refuse to give Lleu Llaw Gyffes?
4. What is unusual about Rhiannon's horse as the messengers try to catch her?
5. What action of Pwyll's during his year in the Otherworld impresses Arawn as an example of virtue?
6. Why, according to the tale, do the warriors of Cynan decide to cut out the tongues of the women?
7. How does Pwyll win Rhiannon back from Gwawl?
8. How does Math react to the news that Goewin has been raped?
9. What conditions does Manawydan demand in exchange for the freedom of the mouse?
10. What are onomastic tales?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)