|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person to try to rescue Pryderi from the caer?
2. Which of the following is not one of the sons of Llyr?
3. When do the mice come to steal Manawydan's grain?
4. How many warriors were hidden in great house built for Bendigeidfran?
(a) One thousand
(b) One hundred
(c) Three hundred
5. How does Llwyd transform his wife back into human form?
(a) He taps her with a magic wand
(b) He sings a song of power
(c) He writes a sigil in the air
(d) He claps his hands three times
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Teyrnon's mare give birth to a foal?
2. Which of the following flowers is not used to create Blodeuedd?
3. Which of the following is not part of the situation where Lleu Llaw Gyffes can be killed?
4. What was the name of the French troubador who originally wrote the earliest version of three of these tales?
5. Who tells Math that Goewin is no longer a virgin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Elen command the roads to be built throughout Britain?
2. How does Lleu Llaw Gyffes get his name?
3. What period in history were the later tales in "The Mabinogion" written down in?
4. Why does Teyrnon decide to take Gwri to the court of Pwyll?
5. Where did the Three Romances originate from before being written for the Mabinogion?
6. What three tokens of manhood does Aranrhod refuse to give Lleu Llaw Gyffes?
7. What is unusual about Rhiannon's horse as the messengers try to catch her?
8. Why does Pryderi arrange for his widowed mother to marry Manawydan?
9. How were these tales originally presented to an audience?
10. Why does Cigfa become so fearful after Rhiannon and Pryderi vanish?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)