|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Welsh people survive the battle?
2. What color is the horse ridden by Rhiannon when she first appears to Pwyll?
3. What is the bridge onto the ship in Macsen's dream made out of?
(a) Polished oakwood
(b) Crystal-clear glass
(c) Walrus ivory
(d) Purest gold
4. What is the mystery child left in the stable wearing?
(a) Brocaded silk
(b) Swaddling clothes
(c) Red and white silk
5. What breed of bird did Branwen train to carry a message?
(a) A skylark
(b) A sparrow
(c) A starling
(d) A raven
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does the maiden have when Macsen sees her in the dream?
2. How many kings are with Macsen Wledig when he has his dream?
3. How long does Pwyll spend in the Otherworld?
4. Which sub-division of the tales are considered to be the most recently written?
5. What type of bird does Lleu Llaw Gyffes kill in order to get his name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conditions does Manawydan demand in exchange for the freedom of the mouse?
2. How does Lleu Llaw Gyffes get his name?
3. Why does Efnisien mutilate the Irish horses?
4. Why does Gwydion suggest obtaining pigs from Pryderi?
5. What happens when the door facing Cornwall is opened?
6. What happens to Branwen after the battle?
7. Where did the Three Romances originate from before being written for the Mabinogion?
8. Why do the serving women decide to accuse Rhiannon of murdering her son?
9. Exactly what disappears during the thunder and mist, and what does not?
10. What is unusual about Rhiannon's horse as the messengers try to catch her?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)