|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the original name for this collection of tales?
(a) The Red Book of Hergest
(b) The White Book of Rhydderch
(c) The Mabinogion
(d) There was none
2. What bird is Blodeuedd transformed into?
(a) A wren
(b) An owl
(c) A swan
(d) An eagle
3. Which of the following crafts do Manawydan and Pryderi not earn a living at?
(a) Sword makers
(c) Saddle makers
(d) Shield makers
4. Who translated THE MABINOGION?
(a) Lady Charlotte Guest
(b) We do not know
(c) Gwyn and Thomas Jones
(d) Chretién de Troyes
5. In total, how many years do the survivors spend in feasting before they bury the head?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mystery child left in the stable wearing?
2. How many Welsh people survive the battle?
3. Which of the following is not part of the situation where Lleu Llaw Gyffes can be killed?
4. Why does Efnisien grow angry during the feast?
5. What animal does Pwyll say that he has trapped in the bag?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pwyll win Rhiannon back from Gwawl?
2. Why does Cigfa become so fearful after Rhiannon and Pryderi vanish?
3. What are onomastic tales?
4. What does Pwyll do that insults or offends Arawn?
5. What is unusual about Rhiannon's horse as the messengers try to catch her?
6. Why does Pryderi arrange for his widowed mother to marry Manawydan?
7. How does Lleu Llaw Gyffes get his name?
8. What does Macsen see in his dream beside the river?
9. Why does Elen command the roads to be built throughout Britain?
10. How do Bendigeidfran and his brothers know that the Irish ships are coming in peace?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)