|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title do the messengers greet the maiden with?
(a) Queen of Britain
(b) Empress of Britain
(c) Empress of Rome
(d) Queen of Rome
2. What is the name of the cantref ruled over by Lleu Llaw Gyffes before his betrayal by Blodeuedd and Gronwr?
(b) Caer Aranrhod
(d) Caer Dathyl
3. What breed of bird did Branwen train to carry a message?
(a) A sparrow
(b) A raven
(c) A skylark
(d) A starling
4. Which of the following cantrefs does Pryderi not rule over?
5. When do the mice come to steal Manawydan's grain?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country do these tales originate in?
2. How many times in total does Pwyll see Rhiannon riding past the mound?
3. What is the bridge onto the ship in Macsen's dream made out of?
4. Which of the following phenomena did not signal the disappearance of the people and domestic animals of Dyfed?
5. What bird is Blodeuedd transformed into?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why, according to the tale, do the warriors of Cynan decide to cut out the tongues of the women?
2. Why does Gwydion suggest obtaining pigs from Pryderi?
3. What conditions does Manawydan demand in exchange for the freedom of the mouse?
4. What does Pwyll do that insults or offends Arawn?
5. Why does Efnisien mutilate the Irish horses?
6. What action of Pwyll's during his year in the Otherworld impresses Arawn as an example of virtue?
7. Where did the Three Romances originate from before being written for the Mabinogion?
8. What three tokens of manhood does Aranrhod refuse to give Lleu Llaw Gyffes?
9. How do Math and Gwydion find Lleu Llaw Gyffes after Gronwr shoots him?
10. What do the Irish hide within the hall built for Bendigeidfran and why?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)