|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a sibling to the others this list?
2. What is the name of Rhiannon's father?
(a) Arawn King of Arawn
(b) Gwawl son of Clud
(c) Hefeydd the Old
(d) Hereward the Wake
3. What crop does Manawydan plant?
4. How many Welsh people survive the battle?
5. Which of the following cantrefs does Pryderi not rule over?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not part of the situation where Lleu Llaw Gyffes can be killed?
2. Which of the following does Pryderi not find inside the caer?
3. Why was Manawydan able to catch Llwyd's wife in mouse form?
4. How long was Branwen treated as a queen should be?
5. What sort of tree does Lleu Llaw Gyffes perch in when in his eagle form?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why, according to the tale, do the warriors of Cynan decide to cut out the tongues of the women?
2. Which manuscript used to compile The Mabinogion is the earliest?
3. What action of Pwyll's during his year in the Otherworld impresses Arawn as an example of virtue?
4. Why does Efnisien mutilate the Irish horses?
5. How does Lleu Llaw Gyffes get his name?
6. Exactly what disappears during the thunder and mist, and what does not?
7. How does Math react to the news that Goewin has been raped?
8. What does Elen insist on after the messengers salute her as Empress of Rome?
9. What happens to Branwen after the battle?
10. What are onomastic tales?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)