|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many tales appear in THE MABINOGION?
2. Who translated THE MABINOGION?
(a) Gwyn and Thomas Jones
(b) Chretién de Troyes
(c) We do not know
(d) Lady Charlotte Guest
3. Which of the following animals are Gilfaethwy and Gwydion not transformed into?
4. Which of the following does Gwydion not use at some stage during the tale to create his illusions?
5. Which of the following places is not mentioned in the tale?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the tales should correctly be called "The Mabinogion"?
2. Who is the first person to try to rescue Pryderi from the caer?
3. Who opens the door that faces Cornwall?
4. How does Llwyd transform his wife back into human form?
5. What is the name of Rhiannon's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conditions does Manawydan demand in exchange for the freedom of the mouse?
2. Why does Aranrhod treat Lleu Llaw Gyffes so spitefully?
3. Which manuscript used to compile The Mabinogion is the earliest?
4. Where does Macsen Wledig fall asleep?
5. Was the name "The Mabinogion" originally given to this collection of tales?
6. How were these tales originally presented to an audience?
7. Where did the Three Romances originate from before being written for the Mabinogion?
8. How does Math react to the news that Goewin has been raped?
9. Why do the four have to leave the towns in Lloegyr they try to settle in?
10. Why does Pryderi arrange for his widowed mother to marry Manawydan?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)