|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides on Blodeuedd's punishment?
(b) Lleu Llaw Gyffes
2. Which of the following was not originally a medieval courtly romance?
(a) Peredur son of Efrawg
(b) Branwen Daughter of Llyr
(c) The Lady of the Fountain
(d) Gereint Son of Erbin
3. Which of the following did Efnisien not to do the horses?
(a) Cut off their tails
(b) Cut off their ears
(c) Cut off their lips
(d) Cut off their manes
4. How many warriors were hidden in great house built for Bendigeidfran?
(a) One thousand
(b) One hundred
(d) Three hundred
5. How many children does Aranrhod give birth to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which tale is the earliest contained in THE MABINOGION?
2. Who is the first person to try to rescue Pryderi from the caer?
3. How many tales appear in THE MABINOGION?
4. What is the bridge onto the ship in Macsen's dream made out of?
5. Who accuses Rhiannon of the murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were these tales originally presented to an audience?
2. What happens when the door facing Cornwall is opened?
3. Where did the Three Romances originate from before being written for the Mabinogion?
4. Why does Efnisien mutilate the Irish horses?
5. How does Lleu Llaw Gyffes get his name?
6. Why does Llwyd use his magic to bring harm to Pryderi and his family?
7. What does Macsen see in his dream beside the river?
8. Why does Aranrhod treat Lleu Llaw Gyffes so spitefully?
9. Which manuscript used to compile The Mabinogion is the earliest?
10. What do the Irish hide within the hall built for Bendigeidfran and why?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)