|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Efnisien not to do the horses?
(a) Cut off their tails
(b) Cut off their ears
(c) Cut off their manes
(d) Cut off their lips
2. How fast is Rhiannon's horse travelling when the messengers pursue her?
(a) A brisk canter
(b) A slow, even pace
(c) A full gallop
(d) Faster than lightning
3. What breed of bird did Branwen train to carry a message?
(a) A starling
(b) A sparrow
(c) A skylark
(d) A raven
4. Which of the following places do the survivors not spend time?
5. What is the technical term used for stories told to explain a place name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Llasar Llaes Gyfnewid's wife pregnant for?
2. How does Llwyd transform his wife back into human form?
3. Which of the following does Pryderi not find inside the caer?
4. How much does the priest offer for the release of the mouse?
5. What animal leads Math and Gwydion to Lleu Llaw Gyffes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three tokens of manhood does Aranrhod refuse to give Lleu Llaw Gyffes?
2. How does Pwyll win Rhiannon back from Gwawl?
3. What are onomastic tales?
4. Why do the serving women decide to accuse Rhiannon of murdering her son?
5. How do Math and Gwydion find Lleu Llaw Gyffes after Gronwr shoots him?
6. Where does Macsen Wledig fall asleep?
7. Exactly what disappears during the thunder and mist, and what does not?
8. Which manuscript used to compile The Mabinogion is the earliest?
9. Why does Efnisien mutilate the Irish horses?
10. How do Bendigeidfran and his brothers know that the Irish ships are coming in peace?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)