|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't the Coranieid be destroyed?
(a) They are invisible
(b) If one is killed, it comes back to life
(c) They can overhear every plan to destroy them
(d) Iron weapons have no effect on them
2. Which of the following animals is not consulted by Cei and Bedwyr?
(a) A salmon
(b) A badger
(c) An eagle
(d) A stag
3. What colors are worn by the horse and rider who first meets Rhonabwy?
(a) Yellow and blue
(b) Yellow and green
(c) Yellow and red
(d) Yellow and black
4. Who is the first person of Arthur's court to find Gereint wounded under a tree?
(a) The steward's servant
5. What color is the hair of the Ragged Maiden who offers herself as Peredur's paramour?
(a) Red or auburn
(b) We are not told
6. What is the name of Arthur's bishop?
7. What is the first strange thing that Peredur sees in the forest?
(a) Knights on horseback
(b) A white stag
(c) Goats without horns
8. What is the name of the woman who Culhwch was destined to take as wife?
9. What is the first thing that happens when someone pours water on the marble slab?
(a) A peal of thunder
(b) Many birds singing
(c) A storm of hail
(d) An earthquake
10. Who takes the razor from between the ears of Twrch Trwyth?
11. What did Cynon see the two blond curly-haired youths doing in the castle?
(a) Practicing archery
(b) Practicing sword fighting
(c) Playing gwyddbwyll
(d) Making arrows
12. How many knights in total does Gereint defeat before coming to the Dun Earl's dominions?
13. How many times has the knight Gereint followed won the sparrowhawk?
(a) Three times
(b) Seven times
14. What did Llud use to destroy the Coranieid?
(b) Cold iron ground to powder
(c) Holy water brought from Rome
(d) Crushed insects and water
15. Where does Owein wound the black knight?
(a) In the stomach
(b) In the chest
(c) In the thigh
(d) In the head
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week is it when the messenger brings news of the white stag?
2. What is unusual about the knight seen by Gwenhwyfar and Gereint?
3. How many times is Peredur able to mend the sword after cutting through the column?
4. How many maidens does Cynon see in the castle?
5. Who helps Peredur take the dead knight's armour off?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)