|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the banner topping the white pavilion that the first messenger to Arthur and Owein?
(a) A gold dragon breathing black fire
(b) A red horse with a yellow mane
(c) A black snake with red eyes
(d) A black raven with golden claws
2. Which of the following is one of Cei's supernatural abilities?
(a) The ability to grow as tall as a tree at will
(b) The ability to see in total darkness when even a cat cannot see
(c) The ability to make himself invisible
(d) The ability of understanding the speech of birds and animals
3. Which of the following tasks does Enid not perform when Gereint spends the night in her father's house?
(a) Helping Gereint take his boots off
(b) Stabling Gereint's horse
(c) Cooking the meal
(d) Shopping for food and drink
4. What is the first thing that happens when someone pours water on the marble slab?
(a) A storm of hail
(b) Many birds singing
(c) A peal of thunder
(d) An earthquake
5. How do the Countess's chamberlains plan to execute Luned?
6. What colour is Gereint's hair?
(a) We are not told
7. Where do Llud and Llefelys meet to discuss the plagues?
(a) On top of a mountain
(b) In a hall made of bronze
(c) In the middle of the circle of Stonehenge
(d) On board a ship
8. Which of the following animals does Cynon not mention when he describes the Hideous Herdsman?
9. Who killed the white stag?
10. What does Gereint do to challenge the knight in the mist to fight?
(a) He sits in the knight's chair
(b) He draws his sword
(c) He blows the hunting horn
(d) He kisses the maiden
11. What is the ultimate fate of the Black Oppressor?
(a) He becomes one of Arthur's knights.
(b) Owein kills him.
(c) He becomes the next defender of the fountain.
(d) He turns his house into a hospice.
12. Which of the following does Gereint not find in the orchards in the mists?
(a) A pavilion of brocaded silk
(b) A hunting horn hanging on an apple tree
(c) A fountain
(d) A woman sitting on a golden chair
13. Who hits Ysbaddaden in the knee with one of the giant's poisoned spears?
14. What is the name of the woman who Culhwch was destined to take as wife?
15. What did Cynon see the two blond curly-haired youths doing in the castle?
(a) Practicing archery
(b) Practicing sword fighting
(c) Making arrows
(d) Playing gwyddbwyll
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times is Peredur able to mend the sword after cutting through the column?
2. Who is the first person of Arthur's court to find Gereint wounded under a tree?
3. What is on the helmet of the messenger who tells Arthur that Owein's ravens have killed the young men?
4. Where does Llud bury the captured pigs?
5. What guards the path to the houses in the wild craggy valley visited by Peredur after his pledge to Angharad Golden-Hand?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)