|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Owein end up living with his wife?
(a) The castle of the Black Oppressor
(b) The shining castle
(c) The city by the fountain
(d) Arthur's court
2. Which of the following is not promised to Culhwch by the porter if he stays in the guest house?
(a) A hot bath
(b) Food for his dogs and horse
(d) Hot peppered chops
3. What is the most common response of both Owein and Arthur when the messengers bring them news about the battle between the men and the ravens?
(a) Play on
(b) Play the game
(c) Keep playing
(d) Play thy game
4. Who takes the comb from between the ears of Twrch Trwyth?
(b) Osla Big-knife
(d) We are not told
5. Which of the following is not given as a name for London?
(b) Caer Lundein
(c) Caer Ludd
(d) Caer Lloegyr
6. Which of the following does the original writer not give as one of the things that makes this tale nearly impossible to learn by heart?
(a) The banners on the pavillions
(b) The colors on the horses
(c) The magic stones
(d) The colors on the mantles
7. What happens to the man who was stealing the food from the king's court?
(a) Llud kills him..
(b) Llud imprisons him.
(c) He escapes, never to be seen again.
(d) He becomes one of Llud's vassals.
8. Where do Arthur's warband first find Twrch Trwyth?
9. What is the first thing that happens when someone pours water on the marble slab?
(a) Many birds singing
(b) An earthquake
(c) A storm of hail
(d) A peal of thunder
10. What did Cynon see the two blond curly-haired youths doing in the castle?
(a) Practicing sword fighting
(b) Making arrows
(c) Practicing archery
(d) Playing gwyddbwyll
11. Which of the following animals is not consulted by Cei and Bedwyr?
(a) A stag
(b) A salmon
(c) A badger
(d) An eagle
12. What is the ultimate fate of the Black Oppressor?
(a) He turns his house into a hospice.
(b) Owein kills him.
(c) He becomes the next defender of the fountain.
(d) He becomes one of Arthur's knights.
13. What relation is Culhwch to Arthur?
(a) His second cousin
(b) His first cousin
(c) His great-nephew
(d) His nephew
14. What is the first strange thing that Peredur sees in the forest?
(b) A white stag
(c) Knights on horseback
(d) Goats without horns
15. Which of the following animals does Cynon not mention when he describes the Hideous Herdsman?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lludd keep himself awake while he keeps watch over the hall at night?
2. How do the Countess's chamberlains plan to execute Luned?
3. Where does Owein wound the black knight?
4. Who helps Peredur take the dead knight's armour off?
5. What colour is Gereint's hair?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)