|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes the ring from Owein?
(a) An unnamed maiden
(c) The Lady of the Fountain
2. Who is the first person of Arthur's court to find Gereint wounded under a tree?
(a) The steward's servant
3. How many bards sing the praises of Arthur?
(b) One hundred
(d) We are not told
4. What relation is the Lame King to Peredur?
(a) His cousin
(b) His grandfather
(c) His father
(d) His uncle
5. How many times has the knight Gereint followed won the sparrowhawk?
(a) Three times
(c) Seven times
6. Which of the following is not given as a name for London?
(b) Caer Lloegyr
(c) Caer Lundein
(d) Caer Ludd
7. What is the ultimate fate of the Black Oppressor?
(a) He turns his house into a hospice.
(b) He becomes the next defender of the fountain.
(c) Owein kills him.
(d) He becomes one of Arthur's knights.
8. Why can't the Coranieid be destroyed?
(a) Iron weapons have no effect on them
(b) If one is killed, it comes back to life
(c) They can overhear every plan to destroy them
(d) They are invisible
9. What happens to the man who was stealing the food from the king's court?
(a) He becomes one of Llud's vassals.
(b) He escapes, never to be seen again.
(c) Llud imprisons him.
(d) Llud kills him..
10. Who takes the razor from between the ears of Twrch Trwyth?
11. What colors are worn by the horse and rider who first meets Rhonabwy?
(a) Yellow and green
(b) Yellow and red
(c) Yellow and blue
(d) Yellow and black
12. Which of the following does the original writer not give as one of the things that makes this tale nearly impossible to learn by heart?
(a) The colors on the horses
(b) The colors on the mantles
(c) The magic stones
(d) The banners on the pavillions
13. What is the name of the woman who Culhwch was destined to take as wife?
14. Which of the following pieces of advice does Peredur's mother not give him?
(a) If nobody gives you food when you need it, you can help yourself.
(b) If you see a church, go inside and pray.
(c) If you hear a woman scream, go and help.
(d) If you stay overnight at a castle, you may stay three nights and no more.
15. What is the first thing that happens when someone pours water on the marble slab?
(a) A peal of thunder
(b) A storm of hail
(c) Many birds singing
(d) An earthquake
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Peredur take the dead knight's armour off?
2. What is on the helmet of the messenger who tells Arthur that Owein's ravens have killed the young men?
3. Which of the following do the party of soldiers not see on the floor of the old hall?
4. Which of the following is not promised to Culhwch by the porter if he stays in the guest house?
5. What is the name of Arthur's bishop?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)