|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing that happens when someone pours water on the marble slab?
(a) An earthquake
(b) Many birds singing
(c) A storm of hail
(d) A peal of thunder
2. What colour is Gereint's hair?
(a) We are not told
3. Which of the following is not used to make the goblets given to the Empress in the pavilion?
(b) A crystal stone
(c) A beast's claw
4. What did Cynon see the two blond curly-haired youths doing in the castle?
(a) Practicing sword fighting
(b) Making arrows
(c) Playing gwyddbwyll
(d) Practicing archery
5. Which of the following does Arthur not mention as one of the things that he cannot grant as a boon to Culhwch?
(a) His horse
(b) His wife
(c) His sword
(d) His spear
6. How many bards sing the praises of Arthur?
(c) We are not told
(d) One hundred
7. Which of the following animals is not consulted by Cei and Bedwyr?
(a) An eagle
(b) A stag
(c) A badger
(d) A salmon
8. Where do Arthur's warband first find Twrch Trwyth?
9. What guards the path to the houses in the wild craggy valley visited by Peredur after his pledge to Angharad Golden-Hand?
(a) A serpent
(c) A lion
(d) An armed knight
10. How many times is Peredur able to mend the sword after cutting through the column?
(a) Three times
(c) Ten times
11. How do the Countess's chamberlains plan to execute Luned?
12. What is on the banner topping the white pavilion that the first messenger to Arthur and Owein?
(a) A black raven with golden claws
(b) A black snake with red eyes
(c) A gold dragon breathing black fire
(d) A red horse with a yellow mane
13. Which of the following do the party of soldiers not see on the floor of the old hall?
(a) Cow dung
(b) Broken pots
14. Which of the following countries does not have a representative at the council where a truce is asked for?
15. What does the lion bring to Owein to prove its loyalty to him?
(a) A roebuck and firewood
(b) A horse and armour
(c) A new sword
(d) A precious stone
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the man who was stealing the food from the king's court?
2. What relation is Culhwch to Arthur?
3. What does Gereint do to challenge the knight in the mist to fight?
4. Which of the following is one of Cei's supernatural abilities?
5. Where does Llefelys go to get a wife?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)