|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following well-known Arthurian characters is not invoked by Culhwch when he asks his boon from Arthur?
(a) Drwst (Tristram)
(b) Gwenhwyfar (Guinevere)
(c) Myrddin (Merlin)
(d) Cei (Kay)
2. Who of the following is not one of the knights first met by Peredur?
3. Which of the following is not one of the results of the terrible scream?
(a) Animals and trees become barren
(b) Snow falls in the middle of summer
(c) Young men and women faint
(d) Women have miscarriages
4. How many knights in total does Gereint defeat before coming to the Dun Earl's dominions?
5. How long does Rhonabwy dream for?
(a) A night and a day
(b) One whole night
(c) Three days and three nights
(d) One whole week
6. Where do the pure black troop come from?
7. What is on the helmet of the messenger who tells Arthur that Owein's ravens have killed the young men?
(a) An eagle
(b) A bull
(c) A dragon
(d) A lion
8. Where does Owein wound the black knight?
(a) In the thigh
(b) In the head
(c) In the chest
(d) In the stomach
9. Where does Owein end up living with his wife?
(a) The shining castle
(b) Arthur's court
(c) The castle of the Black Oppressor
(d) The city by the fountain
10. Which of the following countries does not have a representative at the council where a truce is asked for?
11. How many times is Peredur able to mend the sword after cutting through the column?
(b) Three times
(c) Ten times
12. What happens to the man who was stealing the food from the king's court?
(a) He escapes, never to be seen again.
(b) Llud kills him..
(c) He becomes one of Llud's vassals.
(d) Llud imprisons him.
13. How does Cynon return back to Arthur's court after the black knight takes his horse?
(a) He is given a new horse at the shining castle.
(b) He steals a horse from a farm.
(c) The Hideous Herdsman gives him a stag to ride.
(d) He walks home.
14. What is the most common response of both Owein and Arthur when the messengers bring them news about the battle between the men and the ravens?
(a) Play on
(b) Keep playing
(c) Play the game
(d) Play thy game
15. Which of the following does the original writer not give as one of the things that makes this tale nearly impossible to learn by heart?
(a) The colors on the horses
(b) The colors on the mantles
(c) The banners on the pavillions
(d) The magic stones
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Gereint not find in the orchards in the mists?
2. Which of the following does Arthur not mention as one of the things that he cannot grant as a boon to Culhwch?
3. Which of the following is not one of the plagues?
4. How do the Countess's chamberlains plan to execute Luned?
5. What colour is Gereint's hair?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)