|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Llefelys go to get a wife?
2. What relation is Culhwch to Arthur?
(a) His first cousin
(b) His second cousin
(c) His nephew
(d) His great-nephew
3. Which of the following animals is not consulted by Cei and Bedwyr?
(a) A badger
(b) A stag
(c) A salmon
(d) An eagle
4. What is the first thing that happens when someone pours water on the marble slab?
(a) A storm of hail
(b) An earthquake
(c) A peal of thunder
(d) Many birds singing
5. Which of the following countries does not have a representative at the council where a truce is asked for?
6. What guards the path to the houses in the wild craggy valley visited by Peredur after his pledge to Angharad Golden-Hand?
(b) An armed knight
(c) A lion
(d) A serpent
7. What is the most common response of both Owein and Arthur when the messengers bring them news about the battle between the men and the ravens?
(a) Play thy game
(b) Play on
(c) Keep playing
(d) Play the game
8. What prevents Llud and Llefelys talking to each other?
(a) A demon
(b) The Coranieid
(c) They were drunk
(d) A storm
9. Which of the following does Gereint not find in the orchards in the mists?
(a) A fountain
(b) A pavilion of brocaded silk
(c) A woman sitting on a golden chair
(d) A hunting horn hanging on an apple tree
10. How do the Countess's chamberlains plan to execute Luned?
11. Who hits Ysbaddaden in the knee with one of the giant's poisoned spears?
12. What does the lion bring to Owein to prove its loyalty to him?
(a) A new sword
(b) A roebuck and firewood
(c) A horse and armour
(d) A precious stone
13. Which of the following is one of Cei's supernatural abilities?
(a) The ability of understanding the speech of birds and animals
(b) The ability to grow as tall as a tree at will
(c) The ability to make himself invisible
(d) The ability to see in total darkness when even a cat cannot see
14. What is unusual about the dwarfs who speak the praise of Peredur (apart from their lack of height)?
(a) They are identical twins.
(b) They have been unable to speak until that point.
(c) They are both blind.
(d) They both have one brown eye and one blue eye.
15. Who is the rightful king of Powys?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Peredur take the dead knight's armour off?
2. How long does Rhonabwy dream for?
3. Which of the following is not given as a name for London?
4. Who takes the ring from Owein?
5. What happens to the man who was stealing the food from the king's court?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)