|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relation is the Lame King to Peredur?
(a) His grandfather
(b) His father
(c) His uncle
(d) His cousin
2. How many knights in total does Gereint defeat before coming to the Dun Earl's dominions?
3. Which bird of the following is not involved in creating the image that holds Peredur spellbound, thinking of his lady-love?
(a) A swan
(b) A raven
(c) A duck
(d) A hawk
4. What happens to the man who was stealing the food from the king's court?
(a) He escapes, never to be seen again.
(b) He becomes one of Llud's vassals.
(c) Llud imprisons him.
(d) Llud kills him..
5. What time of year is it when Enid laments that her husband is falling into a decline?
6. Who of the following is not one of the knights first met by Peredur?
7. Which of the following is one of Cei's supernatural abilities?
(a) The ability of understanding the speech of birds and animals
(b) The ability to make himself invisible
(c) The ability to grow as tall as a tree at will
(d) The ability to see in total darkness when even a cat cannot see
8. How do the Countess's chamberlains plan to execute Luned?
9. What is on the helmet of the messenger who tells Arthur that Owein's ravens have killed the young men?
(a) A bull
(b) A dragon
(c) An eagle
(d) A lion
10. Which of the following does not take part in the storytelling in Arthur's court?
(c) Glewlwyd Mighty-Grasp
11. How many maidens does Cynon see in the castle?
12. What color is the hair of the Ragged Maiden who offers herself as Peredur's paramour?
(b) Red or auburn
(c) We are not told
13. Which of the following does the original writer not give as one of the things that makes this tale nearly impossible to learn by heart?
(a) The magic stones
(b) The colors on the horses
(c) The banners on the pavillions
(d) The colors on the mantles
14. What colors are worn by the horse and rider who first meets Rhonabwy?
(a) Yellow and black
(b) Yellow and green
(c) Yellow and red
(d) Yellow and blue
15. Who hits Ysbaddaden in the knee with one of the giant's poisoned spears?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cynon see the two blond curly-haired youths doing in the castle?
2. Who is the first person of Arthur's court to find Gereint wounded under a tree?
3. Where do the pure black troop come from?
4. Who killed the white stag?
5. What is the first thing that happens when someone pours water on the marble slab?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)