|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most common response of both Owein and Arthur when the messengers bring them news about the battle between the men and the ravens?
(a) Keep playing
(b) Play thy game
(c) Play the game
(d) Play on
2. Who killed the white stag?
3. Which of the following is not promised to Culhwch by the porter if he stays in the guest house?
(b) A hot bath
(c) Hot peppered chops
(d) Food for his dogs and horse
4. How many bards sing the praises of Arthur?
(b) We are not told
(c) One hundred
5. What is on the helmet of the messenger who tells Arthur that Owein's ravens have killed the young men?
(a) An eagle
(b) A bull
(c) A dragon
(d) A lion
6. How many times has the knight Gereint followed won the sparrowhawk?
(a) Seven times
(b) Three times
7. Which bird of the following is not involved in creating the image that holds Peredur spellbound, thinking of his lady-love?
(a) A raven
(b) A swan
(c) A duck
(d) A hawk
8. Which of the following does Gereint not find in the orchards in the mists?
(a) A hunting horn hanging on an apple tree
(b) A pavilion of brocaded silk
(c) A woman sitting on a golden chair
(d) A fountain
9. Which of the following countries does not have a representative at the council where a truce is asked for?
10. What relation is Culhwch to Arthur?
(a) His first cousin
(b) His great-nephew
(c) His second cousin
(d) His nephew
11. What guards the path to the houses in the wild craggy valley visited by Peredur after his pledge to Angharad Golden-Hand?
(b) A lion
(c) An armed knight
(d) A serpent
12. Which of the following tasks does Enid not perform when Gereint spends the night in her father's house?
(a) Cooking the meal
(b) Helping Gereint take his boots off
(c) Shopping for food and drink
(d) Stabling Gereint's horse
13. Who takes the ring from Owein?
(c) An unnamed maiden
(d) The Lady of the Fountain
14. Who takes the comb from between the ears of Twrch Trwyth?
(a) Osla Big-knife
(d) We are not told
15. What is the first thing that happens when someone pours water on the marble slab?
(a) An earthquake
(b) Many birds singing
(c) A storm of hail
(d) A peal of thunder
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Peredur take the dead knight's armour off?
2. Which of the following pieces of advice does Peredur's mother not give him?
3. What is unusual about the dwarfs who speak the praise of Peredur (apart from their lack of height)?
4. Who takes the razor from between the ears of Twrch Trwyth?
5. What did Llud use to destroy the Coranieid?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)