|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Arthur not mention as one of the things that he cannot grant as a boon to Culhwch?
(a) His horse
(b) His wife
(c) His spear
(d) His sword
2. Where does Owein end up living with his wife?
(a) Arthur's court
(b) The city by the fountain
(c) The shining castle
(d) The castle of the Black Oppressor
3. Where does Llefelys go to get a wife?
4. What does Culhwch's father see that lets him know it is time to take a second wife?
(a) Six white deer in the forest
(b) Seven swans flying in formation over his hall
(c) A double-headed briar growing on his wife's grave
(d) A beautiful maiden in his court
5. What relation is the Lame King to Peredur?
(a) His cousin
(b) His grandfather
(c) His uncle
(d) His father
6. Which of the following countries does not have a representative at the council where a truce is asked for?
7. Which of the following is not one of the plagues?
(a) Fire-breathing dragons carrying off maidens
(b) The invasion of the Coranieid folk
(c) The food in the king's court vanishing
(d) A terrible scream every May Eve
8. What is on the helmet of the messenger who tells Arthur that Owein's ravens have killed the young men?
(a) An eagle
(b) A dragon
(c) A bull
(d) A lion
9. Who of the following is not one of the knights first met by Peredur?
10. Which of the following is not given as a name for London?
(a) Caer Ludd
(c) Caer Lundein
(d) Caer Lloegyr
11. What does Gereint do to challenge the knight in the mist to fight?
(a) He draws his sword
(b) He blows the hunting horn
(c) He sits in the knight's chair
(d) He kisses the maiden
12. Who takes the comb from between the ears of Twrch Trwyth?
(b) Osla Big-knife
(c) We are not told
13. Who takes the ring from Owein?
(a) The Lady of the Fountain
(b) An unnamed maiden
14. How many maidens does Cynon see in the castle?
15. Which bird of the following is not involved in creating the image that holds Peredur spellbound, thinking of his lady-love?
(a) A raven
(b) A swan
(c) A duck
(d) A hawk
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the knight seen by Gwenhwyfar and Gereint?
2. What is the name of Arthur's bishop?
3. Why can't the Coranieid be destroyed?
4. What prevents Llud and Llefelys talking to each other?
5. Where does Owein wound the black knight?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)