|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the lion bring to Owein to prove its loyalty to him?
(a) A new sword
(b) A horse and armour
(c) A precious stone
(d) A roebuck and firewood
2. Who is the first person of Arthur's court to find Gereint wounded under a tree?
(a) The steward's servant
3. Which of the following well-known Arthurian characters is not invoked by Culhwch when he asks his boon from Arthur?
(a) Drwst (Tristram)
(b) Myrddin (Merlin)
(c) Cei (Kay)
(d) Gwenhwyfar (Guinevere)
4. What time of year is it when Enid laments that her husband is falling into a decline?
5. What is the name of Arthur's bishop?
6. Which of the following does Arthur not mention as one of the things that he cannot grant as a boon to Culhwch?
(a) His spear
(b) His horse
(c) His sword
(d) His wife
7. Which of the following is not one of the results of the terrible scream?
(a) Women have miscarriages
(b) Snow falls in the middle of summer
(c) Animals and trees become barren
(d) Young men and women faint
8. How do the Countess's chamberlains plan to execute Luned?
9. Which of the following does Gereint not find in the orchards in the mists?
(a) A pavilion of brocaded silk
(b) A hunting horn hanging on an apple tree
(c) A woman sitting on a golden chair
(d) A fountain
10. What is the name of the woman who Culhwch was destined to take as wife?
11. Who killed the white stag?
12. Who of the following is not one of the knights first met by Peredur?
13. How many bards sing the praises of Arthur?
(a) One hundred
(d) We are not told
14. Where does Owein end up living with his wife?
(a) Arthur's court
(b) The castle of the Black Oppressor
(c) The city by the fountain
(d) The shining castle
15. Who helps Peredur take the dead knight's armour off?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Llefelys go to get a wife?
2. What does Culhwch's father see that lets him know it is time to take a second wife?
3. Where do Arthur's warband first find Twrch Trwyth?
4. What is on the banner topping the white pavilion that the first messenger to Arthur and Owein?
5. Which of the following is not used to make the goblets given to the Empress in the pavilion?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)