|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relation is the Lame King to Peredur?
(a) His father
(b) His grandfather
(c) His cousin
(d) His uncle
2. Where do the pure black troop come from?
3. Who is the first person of Arthur's court to find Gereint wounded under a tree?
(d) The steward's servant
4. Which of the following is not given as a name for London?
(a) Caer Lundein
(b) Caer Ludd
(c) Caer Lloegyr
5. What is on the banner topping the white pavilion that the first messenger to Arthur and Owein?
(a) A red horse with a yellow mane
(b) A black snake with red eyes
(c) A gold dragon breathing black fire
(d) A black raven with golden claws
6. Where do Arthur's warband first find Twrch Trwyth?
7. Which of the following does Peredur not encounter in the quest of the Black Worm of the Barrow?
(a) Edlym Red-sword
(b) The Lord of the Hunt
(c) The Sons of the Kings of Suffering
(d) The Lady of the Feasts
8. What colors are worn by the horse and rider who first meets Rhonabwy?
(a) Yellow and red
(b) Yellow and black
(c) Yellow and blue
(d) Yellow and green
9. What did Llud use to destroy the Coranieid?
(b) Crushed insects and water
(c) Holy water brought from Rome
(d) Cold iron ground to powder
10. How many times is Peredur able to mend the sword after cutting through the column?
(b) Ten times
(c) Three times
11. What prevents Llud and Llefelys talking to each other?
(a) A storm
(b) They were drunk
(c) The Coranieid
(d) A demon
12. How many times has the knight Gereint followed won the sparrowhawk?
(a) Three times
(d) Seven times
13. What is unusual about the knight seen by Gwenhwyfar and Gereint?
(a) He is a dwarf.
(b) He is very large.
(c) He is green all over.
(d) He is covered in mud and blood.
14. Who hits Ysbaddaden in the knee with one of the giant's poisoned spears?
15. What is the first thing that happens when someone pours water on the marble slab?
(a) An earthquake
(b) A storm of hail
(c) Many birds singing
(d) A peal of thunder
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the man who was stealing the food from the king's court?
2. What is the name of the woman who Culhwch was destined to take as wife?
3. Where does Llefelys go to get a wife?
4. Who takes the razor from between the ears of Twrch Trwyth?
5. Which of the following animals does Cynon not mention when he describes the Hideous Herdsman?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)