|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Peredur not encounter in the quest of the Black Worm of the Barrow?
(a) Edlym Red-sword
(b) The Lady of the Feasts
(c) The Lord of the Hunt
(d) The Sons of the Kings of Suffering
2. What is on the banner topping the white pavilion that the first messenger to Arthur and Owein?
(a) A gold dragon breathing black fire
(b) A black raven with golden claws
(c) A red horse with a yellow mane
(d) A black snake with red eyes
3. How does Cynon return back to Arthur's court after the black knight takes his horse?
(a) The Hideous Herdsman gives him a stag to ride.
(b) He steals a horse from a farm.
(c) He walks home.
(d) He is given a new horse at the shining castle.
4. What does Gereint do to challenge the knight in the mist to fight?
(a) He blows the hunting horn
(b) He draws his sword
(c) He sits in the knight's chair
(d) He kisses the maiden
5. Who helps Peredur take the dead knight's armour off?
6. What prevents Llud and Llefelys talking to each other?
(a) A demon
(b) The Coranieid
(c) A storm
(d) They were drunk
7. Which of the following tasks does Enid not perform when Gereint spends the night in her father's house?
(a) Shopping for food and drink
(b) Cooking the meal
(c) Stabling Gereint's horse
(d) Helping Gereint take his boots off
8. What relation is the Lame King to Peredur?
(a) His father
(b) His cousin
(c) His uncle
(d) His grandfather
9. What colors are worn by the horse and rider who first meets Rhonabwy?
(a) Yellow and red
(b) Yellow and black
(c) Yellow and blue
(d) Yellow and green
10. How many bards sing the praises of Arthur?
(a) One hundred
(c) We are not told
11. Which of the following does the original writer not give as one of the things that makes this tale nearly impossible to learn by heart?
(a) The colors on the horses
(b) The banners on the pavillions
(c) The colors on the mantles
(d) The magic stones
12. How long does Rhonabwy dream for?
(a) A night and a day
(b) One whole week
(c) Three days and three nights
(d) One whole night
13. How many maidens does Cynon see in the castle?
14. What is the first thing that happens when someone pours water on the marble slab?
(a) A storm of hail
(b) A peal of thunder
(c) Many birds singing
(d) An earthquake
15. What day of the week is it when the messenger brings news of the white stag?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of year is it when Enid laments that her husband is falling into a decline?
2. What did Cynon see the two blond curly-haired youths doing in the castle?
3. What is unusual about the knight seen by Gwenhwyfar and Gereint?
4. Which of the following countries does not have a representative at the council where a truce is asked for?
5. Which of the following is not given as a name for London?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)