|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has the knight Gereint followed won the sparrowhawk?
(a) Seven times
(d) Three times
2. What does Gereint do to challenge the knight in the mist to fight?
(a) He sits in the knight's chair
(b) He blows the hunting horn
(c) He draws his sword
(d) He kisses the maiden
3. Which of the following pieces of advice does Peredur's mother not give him?
(a) If nobody gives you food when you need it, you can help yourself.
(b) If you hear a woman scream, go and help.
(c) If you see a church, go inside and pray.
(d) If you stay overnight at a castle, you may stay three nights and no more.
4. What day of the week is it when the messenger brings news of the white stag?
5. How many maidens does Cynon see in the castle?
6. What is the first thing that happens when someone pours water on the marble slab?
(a) An earthquake
(b) A peal of thunder
(c) A storm of hail
(d) Many birds singing
7. What guards the path to the houses in the wild craggy valley visited by Peredur after his pledge to Angharad Golden-Hand?
(a) An armed knight
(b) A lion
(c) A serpent
8. What is the ultimate fate of the Black Oppressor?
(a) Owein kills him.
(b) He becomes the next defender of the fountain.
(c) He turns his house into a hospice.
(d) He becomes one of Arthur's knights.
9. How do the Countess's chamberlains plan to execute Luned?
10. What causes the scream?
(a) Two dragons
(b) A demon
(c) Two gigantic pigs
(d) A huge female dragon
11. What color is the hair of the Ragged Maiden who offers herself as Peredur's paramour?
(b) Red or auburn
(d) We are not told
12. What did Cynon see the two blond curly-haired youths doing in the castle?
(a) Practicing sword fighting
(b) Playing gwyddbwyll
(c) Practicing archery
(d) Making arrows
13. Which of the following countries does not have a representative at the council where a truce is asked for?
14. Where does Llud bury the captured pigs?
(a) Dinas Emreis
(b) The White Mount in London
(d) Caer Llion
15. Who killed the white stag?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the helmet of the messenger who tells Arthur that Owein's ravens have killed the young men?
2. Which of the following animals is not consulted by Cei and Bedwyr?
3. What time of year is it when Enid laments that her husband is falling into a decline?
4. Who of the following is not one of the knights first met by Peredur?
5. Which of the following animals does Cynon not mention when he describes the Hideous Herdsman?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)