|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Gereint not find in the orchards in the mists?
(a) A hunting horn hanging on an apple tree
(b) A fountain
(c) A pavilion of brocaded silk
(d) A woman sitting on a golden chair
2. What is unusual about the knight seen by Gwenhwyfar and Gereint?
(a) He is green all over.
(b) He is a dwarf.
(c) He is very large.
(d) He is covered in mud and blood.
3. Which of the following tasks does Enid not perform when Gereint spends the night in her father's house?
(a) Helping Gereint take his boots off
(b) Shopping for food and drink
(c) Stabling Gereint's horse
(d) Cooking the meal
4. What is the most common response of both Owein and Arthur when the messengers bring them news about the battle between the men and the ravens?
(a) Play thy game
(b) Play the game
(c) Keep playing
(d) Play on
5. Which of the following is not one of the plagues?
(a) A terrible scream every May Eve
(b) The food in the king's court vanishing
(c) Fire-breathing dragons carrying off maidens
(d) The invasion of the Coranieid folk
6. What did Cynon see the two blond curly-haired youths doing in the castle?
(a) Practicing sword fighting
(b) Making arrows
(c) Practicing archery
(d) Playing gwyddbwyll
7. Who of the following is not one of the knights first met by Peredur?
8. How does Cynon return back to Arthur's court after the black knight takes his horse?
(a) He steals a horse from a farm.
(b) He walks home.
(c) He is given a new horse at the shining castle.
(d) The Hideous Herdsman gives him a stag to ride.
9. Which of the following is one of Cei's supernatural abilities?
(a) The ability to see in total darkness when even a cat cannot see
(b) The ability to grow as tall as a tree at will
(c) The ability of understanding the speech of birds and animals
(d) The ability to make himself invisible
10. How many bards sing the praises of Arthur?
(a) One hundred
(b) We are not told
11. Why does Enid scream?
(a) The earl spills wine over her skirt.
(b) The earl tries to rape her.
(c) The earl tries to kill Gereint.
(d) The earl boxes her ears.
12. How many times is Peredur able to mend the sword after cutting through the column?
(a) Three times
(c) Ten times
13. What is on the banner topping the white pavilion that the first messenger to Arthur and Owein?
(a) A black raven with golden claws
(b) A gold dragon breathing black fire
(c) A black snake with red eyes
(d) A red horse with a yellow mane
14. What colors are worn by the horse and rider who first meets Rhonabwy?
(a) Yellow and black
(b) Yellow and blue
(c) Yellow and green
(d) Yellow and red
15. What colour is Gereint's hair?
(d) We are not told
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lludd keep himself awake while he keeps watch over the hall at night?
2. Which of the following animals does Cynon not mention when he describes the Hideous Herdsman?
3. Which of the following do the party of soldiers not see on the floor of the old hall?
4. Which of the following countries does not have a representative at the council where a truce is asked for?
5. What is the ultimate fate of the Black Oppressor?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)