|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gereint do to challenge the knight in the mist to fight?
(a) He blows the hunting horn
(b) He draws his sword
(c) He kisses the maiden
(d) He sits in the knight's chair
2. Where does Llud bury the captured pigs?
(b) Dinas Emreis
(c) Caer Llion
(d) The White Mount in London
3. How many times has the knight Gereint followed won the sparrowhawk?
(a) Three times
(d) Seven times
4. What is the first strange thing that Peredur sees in the forest?
(b) A white stag
(c) Goats without horns
(d) Knights on horseback
5. Which of the following does Arthur not mention as one of the things that he cannot grant as a boon to Culhwch?
(a) His wife
(b) His sword
(c) His spear
(d) His horse
6. What relation is Culhwch to Arthur?
(a) His great-nephew
(b) His nephew
(c) His second cousin
(d) His first cousin
7. How many knights in total does Gereint defeat before coming to the Dun Earl's dominions?
8. Why can't the Coranieid be destroyed?
(a) Iron weapons have no effect on them
(b) If one is killed, it comes back to life
(c) They are invisible
(d) They can overhear every plan to destroy them
9. Where do Llud and Llefelys meet to discuss the plagues?
(a) In the middle of the circle of Stonehenge
(b) On top of a mountain
(c) On board a ship
(d) In a hall made of bronze
10. What is the ultimate fate of the Black Oppressor?
(a) Owein kills him.
(b) He turns his house into a hospice.
(c) He becomes one of Arthur's knights.
(d) He becomes the next defender of the fountain.
11. How many maidens does Cynon see in the castle?
12. Which of the following animals does Cynon not mention when he describes the Hideous Herdsman?
13. What is the most common response of both Owein and Arthur when the messengers bring them news about the battle between the men and the ravens?
(a) Keep playing
(b) Play on
(c) Play the game
(d) Play thy game
14. Which of the following is not one of the results of the terrible scream?
(a) Women have miscarriages
(b) Snow falls in the middle of summer
(c) Young men and women faint
(d) Animals and trees become barren
15. What causes the scream?
(a) Two dragons
(b) A huge female dragon
(c) A demon
(d) Two gigantic pigs
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors are worn by the horse and rider who first meets Rhonabwy?
2. What is unusual about the knight seen by Gwenhwyfar and Gereint?
3. Where does Owein wound the black knight?
4. What color is the hair of the Ragged Maiden who offers herself as Peredur's paramour?
5. Who hits Ysbaddaden in the knee with one of the giant's poisoned spears?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)