|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of year is it when Enid laments that her husband is falling into a decline?
2. What causes the scream?
(a) A demon
(b) Two gigantic pigs
(c) Two dragons
(d) A huge female dragon
3. What does the lion bring to Owein to prove its loyalty to him?
(a) A roebuck and firewood
(b) A new sword
(c) A precious stone
(d) A horse and armour
4. What is unusual about the dwarfs who speak the praise of Peredur (apart from their lack of height)?
(a) They have been unable to speak until that point.
(b) They are identical twins.
(c) They are both blind.
(d) They both have one brown eye and one blue eye.
5. Which bird of the following is not involved in creating the image that holds Peredur spellbound, thinking of his lady-love?
(a) A swan
(b) A hawk
(c) A duck
(d) A raven
6. What is on the banner topping the white pavilion that the first messenger to Arthur and Owein?
(a) A black snake with red eyes
(b) A gold dragon breathing black fire
(c) A black raven with golden claws
(d) A red horse with a yellow mane
7. Where does Llud bury the captured pigs?
(a) Dinas Emreis
(c) The White Mount in London
(d) Caer Llion
8. Which of the following does Gereint not find in the orchards in the mists?
(a) A pavilion of brocaded silk
(b) A fountain
(c) A hunting horn hanging on an apple tree
(d) A woman sitting on a golden chair
9. Which of the following is one of Cei's supernatural abilities?
(a) The ability to grow as tall as a tree at will
(b) The ability of understanding the speech of birds and animals
(c) The ability to see in total darkness when even a cat cannot see
(d) The ability to make himself invisible
10. Where do the pure black troop come from?
11. Who takes the comb from between the ears of Twrch Trwyth?
(a) Osla Big-knife
(d) We are not told
12. Who is the first person of Arthur's court to find Gereint wounded under a tree?
(c) The steward's servant
13. How many bards sing the praises of Arthur?
(a) We are not told
(c) One hundred
14. Who helps Peredur take the dead knight's armour off?
15. What relation is Culhwch to Arthur?
(a) His second cousin
(b) His great-nephew
(c) His nephew
(d) His first cousin
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following do the party of soldiers not see on the floor of the old hall?
2. Which of the following well-known Arthurian characters is not invoked by Culhwch when he asks his boon from Arthur?
3. What does Gereint do to challenge the knight in the mist to fight?
4. What did Llud use to destroy the Coranieid?
5. Who hits Ysbaddaden in the knee with one of the giant's poisoned spears?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)