|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following pieces of advice does Peredur's mother not give him?
(a) If you see a church, go inside and pray.
(b) If nobody gives you food when you need it, you can help yourself.
(c) If you hear a woman scream, go and help.
(d) If you stay overnight at a castle, you may stay three nights and no more.
2. Which of the following does the original writer not give as one of the things that makes this tale nearly impossible to learn by heart?
(a) The colors on the mantles
(b) The banners on the pavillions
(c) The colors on the horses
(d) The magic stones
3. Which of the following well-known Arthurian characters is not invoked by Culhwch when he asks his boon from Arthur?
(a) Drwst (Tristram)
(b) Cei (Kay)
(c) Myrddin (Merlin)
(d) Gwenhwyfar (Guinevere)
4. What does Gereint do to challenge the knight in the mist to fight?
(a) He blows the hunting horn
(b) He kisses the maiden
(c) He sits in the knight's chair
(d) He draws his sword
5. Why can't the Coranieid be destroyed?
(a) They can overhear every plan to destroy them
(b) They are invisible
(c) If one is killed, it comes back to life
(d) Iron weapons have no effect on them
6. Where do Llud and Llefelys meet to discuss the plagues?
(a) On board a ship
(b) In a hall made of bronze
(c) On top of a mountain
(d) In the middle of the circle of Stonehenge
7. What is the name of Arthur's bishop?
8. Where do the pure black troop come from?
9. What is unusual about the dwarfs who speak the praise of Peredur (apart from their lack of height)?
(a) They have been unable to speak until that point.
(b) They are both blind.
(c) They are identical twins.
(d) They both have one brown eye and one blue eye.
10. How many times has the knight Gereint followed won the sparrowhawk?
(b) Three times
(c) Seven times
11. How does Lludd keep himself awake while he keeps watch over the hall at night?
(a) He recited poetry
(b) He drinks stimulating drinks
(c) He slaps himself on the face
(d) He dips himself in cold water
12. How does Cynon return back to Arthur's court after the black knight takes his horse?
(a) He is given a new horse at the shining castle.
(b) He steals a horse from a farm.
(c) The Hideous Herdsman gives him a stag to ride.
(d) He walks home.
13. Which of the following is not promised to Culhwch by the porter if he stays in the guest house?
(a) Food for his dogs and horse
(c) A hot bath
(d) Hot peppered chops
14. How many maidens does Cynon see in the castle?
15. What is the ultimate fate of the Black Oppressor?
(a) He becomes one of Arthur's knights.
(b) He becomes the next defender of the fountain.
(c) He turns his house into a hospice.
(d) Owein kills him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Llud and Llefelys talking to each other?
2. Where do Arthur's warband first find Twrch Trwyth?
3. How many times is Peredur able to mend the sword after cutting through the column?
4. Which of the following do the party of soldiers not see on the floor of the old hall?
5. Which bird of the following is not involved in creating the image that holds Peredur spellbound, thinking of his lady-love?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)