|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cynon see the two blond curly-haired youths doing in the castle?
(a) Practicing sword fighting
(b) Making arrows
(c) Practicing archery
(d) Playing gwyddbwyll
2. What is unusual about the dwarfs who speak the praise of Peredur (apart from their lack of height)?
(a) They are both blind.
(b) They both have one brown eye and one blue eye.
(c) They have been unable to speak until that point.
(d) They are identical twins.
3. Which of the following countries does not have a representative at the council where a truce is asked for?
4. What relation is Culhwch to Arthur?
(a) His first cousin
(b) His great-nephew
(c) His second cousin
(d) His nephew
5. Which of the following well-known Arthurian characters is not invoked by Culhwch when he asks his boon from Arthur?
(a) Myrddin (Merlin)
(b) Drwst (Tristram)
(c) Gwenhwyfar (Guinevere)
(d) Cei (Kay)
6. What is the most common response of both Owein and Arthur when the messengers bring them news about the battle between the men and the ravens?
(a) Play the game
(b) Keep playing
(c) Play thy game
(d) Play on
7. Who is the rightful king of Powys?
8. Which of the following is not one of the results of the terrible scream?
(a) Animals and trees become barren
(b) Women have miscarriages
(c) Young men and women faint
(d) Snow falls in the middle of summer
9. What time of year is it when Enid laments that her husband is falling into a decline?
10. How long does Rhonabwy dream for?
(a) One whole week
(b) One whole night
(c) Three days and three nights
(d) A night and a day
11. Which of the following does not take part in the storytelling in Arthur's court?
(c) Glewlwyd Mighty-Grasp
12. Which of the following animals is not consulted by Cei and Bedwyr?
(a) A salmon
(b) A badger
(c) A stag
(d) An eagle
13. How many times has the knight Gereint followed won the sparrowhawk?
(a) Three times
(c) Seven times
14. What day of the week is it when the messenger brings news of the white stag?
15. Where does Owein end up living with his wife?
(a) Arthur's court
(b) The shining castle
(c) The castle of the Black Oppressor
(d) The city by the fountain
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not promised to Culhwch by the porter if he stays in the guest house?
2. What did Llud use to destroy the Coranieid?
3. Where do the pure black troop come from?
4. Why can't the Coranieid be destroyed?
5. Why does Enid scream?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)