|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Countess's chamberlains plan to execute Luned?
2. How does Cynon return back to Arthur's court after the black knight takes his horse?
(a) He walks home.
(b) The Hideous Herdsman gives him a stag to ride.
(c) He is given a new horse at the shining castle.
(d) He steals a horse from a farm.
3. What does Gereint do to challenge the knight in the mist to fight?
(a) He draws his sword
(b) He blows the hunting horn
(c) He sits in the knight's chair
(d) He kisses the maiden
4. Which of the following does Peredur not encounter in the quest of the Black Worm of the Barrow?
(a) The Lady of the Feasts
(b) The Sons of the Kings of Suffering
(c) The Lord of the Hunt
(d) Edlym Red-sword
5. Where do Arthur's warband first find Twrch Trwyth?
6. Where do the pure black troop come from?
7. How does Lludd keep himself awake while he keeps watch over the hall at night?
(a) He slaps himself on the face
(b) He dips himself in cold water
(c) He drinks stimulating drinks
(d) He recited poetry
8. What did Cynon see the two blond curly-haired youths doing in the castle?
(a) Practicing archery
(b) Making arrows
(c) Practicing sword fighting
(d) Playing gwyddbwyll
9. Where do Llud and Llefelys meet to discuss the plagues?
(a) In the middle of the circle of Stonehenge
(b) On top of a mountain
(c) On board a ship
(d) In a hall made of bronze
10. Who is the rightful king of Powys?
11. Which of the following does Arthur not mention as one of the things that he cannot grant as a boon to Culhwch?
(a) His horse
(b) His spear
(c) His sword
(d) His wife
12. What guards the path to the houses in the wild craggy valley visited by Peredur after his pledge to Angharad Golden-Hand?
(a) An armed knight
(b) A lion
(c) A serpent
13. What does Culhwch's father see that lets him know it is time to take a second wife?
(a) A beautiful maiden in his court
(b) Six white deer in the forest
(c) A double-headed briar growing on his wife's grave
(d) Seven swans flying in formation over his hall
14. What is the name of the woman who Culhwch was destined to take as wife?
15. Which of the following is not used to make the goblets given to the Empress in the pavilion?
(a) A beast's claw
(c) A crystal stone
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following countries does not have a representative at the council where a truce is asked for?
2. What is on the helmet of the messenger who tells Arthur that Owein's ravens have killed the young men?
3. Which of the following does Gereint not find in the orchards in the mists?
4. Who helps Peredur take the dead knight's armour off?
5. What colour is Gereint's hair?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)