|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes the comb from between the ears of Twrch Trwyth?
(a) We are not told
(c) Osla Big-knife
2. What is the ultimate fate of the Black Oppressor?
(a) He becomes the next defender of the fountain.
(b) Owein kills him.
(c) He becomes one of Arthur's knights.
(d) He turns his house into a hospice.
3. Which of the following is one of Cei's supernatural abilities?
(a) The ability to make himself invisible
(b) The ability to see in total darkness when even a cat cannot see
(c) The ability to grow as tall as a tree at will
(d) The ability of understanding the speech of birds and animals
4. What color is the hair of the Ragged Maiden who offers herself as Peredur's paramour?
(a) Red or auburn
(b) We are not told
5. How does Lludd keep himself awake while he keeps watch over the hall at night?
(a) He drinks stimulating drinks
(b) He recited poetry
(c) He slaps himself on the face
(d) He dips himself in cold water
6. Which of the following does Peredur not encounter in the quest of the Black Worm of the Barrow?
(a) The Sons of the Kings of Suffering
(b) The Lord of the Hunt
(c) Edlym Red-sword
(d) The Lady of the Feasts
7. What relation is Culhwch to Arthur?
(a) His great-nephew
(b) His nephew
(c) His second cousin
(d) His first cousin
8. Who of the following is not one of the knights first met by Peredur?
9. What happens to the man who was stealing the food from the king's court?
(a) Llud imprisons him.
(b) He becomes one of Llud's vassals.
(c) Llud kills him..
(d) He escapes, never to be seen again.
10. Which of the following does Arthur not mention as one of the things that he cannot grant as a boon to Culhwch?
(a) His sword
(b) His horse
(c) His wife
(d) His spear
11. What did Llud use to destroy the Coranieid?
(b) Crushed insects and water
(c) Holy water brought from Rome
(d) Cold iron ground to powder
12. Where does Owein end up living with his wife?
(a) The castle of the Black Oppressor
(b) Arthur's court
(c) The shining castle
(d) The city by the fountain
13. Where does Llud bury the captured pigs?
(a) The White Mount in London
(b) Caer Llion
(c) Dinas Emreis
14. Which of the following animals does Cynon not mention when he describes the Hideous Herdsman?
15. How do the Countess's chamberlains plan to execute Luned?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Owein wound the black knight?
2. What is unusual about the dwarfs who speak the praise of Peredur (apart from their lack of height)?
3. How many times is Peredur able to mend the sword after cutting through the column?
4. How long does Rhonabwy dream for?
5. What is the most common response of both Owein and Arthur when the messengers bring them news about the battle between the men and the ravens?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)