|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the man who was stealing the food from the king's court?
(a) Llud kills him..
(b) Llud imprisons him.
(c) He becomes one of Llud's vassals.
(d) He escapes, never to be seen again.
2. Which of the following do the party of soldiers not see on the floor of the old hall?
(a) Broken pots
(d) Cow dung
3. Which of the following is not one of the results of the terrible scream?
(a) Young men and women faint
(b) Women have miscarriages
(c) Animals and trees become barren
(d) Snow falls in the middle of summer
4. What is the first strange thing that Peredur sees in the forest?
(a) Knights on horseback
(c) A white stag
(d) Goats without horns
5. Which of the following is not used to make the goblets given to the Empress in the pavilion?
(a) A beast's claw
(b) A crystal stone
6. What is unusual about the knight seen by Gwenhwyfar and Gereint?
(a) He is green all over.
(b) He is very large.
(c) He is a dwarf.
(d) He is covered in mud and blood.
7. What does Culhwch's father see that lets him know it is time to take a second wife?
(a) Seven swans flying in formation over his hall
(b) Six white deer in the forest
(c) A beautiful maiden in his court
(d) A double-headed briar growing on his wife's grave
8. Who killed the white stag?
9. How many knights in total does Gereint defeat before coming to the Dun Earl's dominions?
10. What colour is Gereint's hair?
(d) We are not told
11. Which of the following does the original writer not give as one of the things that makes this tale nearly impossible to learn by heart?
(a) The colors on the mantles
(b) The colors on the horses
(c) The magic stones
(d) The banners on the pavillions
12. What is the name of Arthur's bishop?
13. How do the Countess's chamberlains plan to execute Luned?
14. How many maidens does Cynon see in the castle?
15. Which of the following does Peredur not encounter in the quest of the Black Worm of the Barrow?
(a) The Lord of the Hunt
(b) The Lady of the Feasts
(c) The Sons of the Kings of Suffering
(d) Edlym Red-sword
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lludd keep himself awake while he keeps watch over the hall at night?
2. What is unusual about the dwarfs who speak the praise of Peredur (apart from their lack of height)?
3. Which of the following does not take part in the storytelling in Arthur's court?
4. Which of the following tasks does Enid not perform when Gereint spends the night in her father's house?
5. Which of the following animals does Cynon not mention when he describes the Hideous Herdsman?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)