|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bards sing the praises of Arthur?
(a) We are not told
(d) One hundred
2. What prevents Llud and Llefelys talking to each other?
(a) A demon
(b) A storm
(c) They were drunk
(d) The Coranieid
3. What did Cynon see the two blond curly-haired youths doing in the castle?
(a) Making arrows
(b) Practicing archery
(c) Practicing sword fighting
(d) Playing gwyddbwyll
4. What colors are worn by the horse and rider who first meets Rhonabwy?
(a) Yellow and black
(b) Yellow and blue
(c) Yellow and green
(d) Yellow and red
5. Which of the following is one of Cei's supernatural abilities?
(a) The ability to see in total darkness when even a cat cannot see
(b) The ability to make himself invisible
(c) The ability to grow as tall as a tree at will
(d) The ability of understanding the speech of birds and animals
6. Which of the following does not take part in the storytelling in Arthur's court?
(a) Glewlwyd Mighty-Grasp
7. Who helps Peredur take the dead knight's armour off?
8. What day of the week is it when the messenger brings news of the white stag?
9. What is on the banner topping the white pavilion that the first messenger to Arthur and Owein?
(a) A black snake with red eyes
(b) A gold dragon breathing black fire
(c) A red horse with a yellow mane
(d) A black raven with golden claws
10. Why does Enid scream?
(a) The earl spills wine over her skirt.
(b) The earl tries to kill Gereint.
(c) The earl tries to rape her.
(d) The earl boxes her ears.
11. Who hits Ysbaddaden in the knee with one of the giant's poisoned spears?
12. Where do the pure black troop come from?
13. What time of year is it when Enid laments that her husband is falling into a decline?
14. Why can't the Coranieid be destroyed?
(a) They are invisible
(b) Iron weapons have no effect on them
(c) If one is killed, it comes back to life
(d) They can overhear every plan to destroy them
15. What happens to the man who was stealing the food from the king's court?
(a) Llud imprisons him.
(b) He escapes, never to be seen again.
(c) Llud kills him..
(d) He becomes one of Llud's vassals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not used to make the goblets given to the Empress in the pavilion?
2. Where does Llefelys go to get a wife?
3. How long does Rhonabwy dream for?
4. What is unusual about the dwarfs who speak the praise of Peredur (apart from their lack of height)?
5. Where does Owein end up living with his wife?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)