|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following cantrefs does Pryderi not rule over?
2. What is the mystery child left in the stable wearing?
(a) Brocaded silk
(b) Red and white silk
(d) Swaddling clothes
3. When do the mice come to steal Manawydan's grain?
4. How long was Llasar Llaes Gyfnewid's wife pregnant for?
(a) Six weeks
(b) Six months
(c) A month
(d) A fortnight
5. Which of the following does Pryderi not find inside the caer?
(a) A fountain
(b) A silver cauldron
(c) A marble slab
(d) A golden bowl
6. Which town in Lloegyr do Cigfa and Manawydan live in when Manawydan becomes a shoemaker for the second time?
(b) We are not told
7. What do Gwydion and his men disguise themselves at to visit the court of Pryderi?
8. What is the name of Pryderi's wife?
9. What was the name of the French troubador who originally wrote the earliest version of three of these tales?
(a) Marie de France
(c) Lady Charlotte Guest
(d) Chretién de Troyes
10. What is the meaning given for the place-name Llydaw and explained by the onomastic tale?
(a) Half breeds
(b) Half wits
(c) Half silent
(d) Half Welsh
11. Which country do these tales originate in?
12. Why does Efnisien grow angry during the feast?
(a) Because the Irish warriors were hidden in the flourbags
(b) Because Gwern would not show him affection
(c) Because Branwen had been so badly mistreated
(d) Because Matholwch insulted him
13. Which of the following flowers is not used to create Blodeuedd?
14. What is the name of the king that Pwyll must face in single combat in the Otherworld?
15. Who decides on Blodeuedd's punishment?
(d) Lleu Llaw Gyffes
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the priest offer for the release of the mouse?
2. Where does Manawydan keep the mouse he catches?
3. Where is the dream-castle located?
4. How many tales are versions of French romances?
5. Which of the following did Efnisien not to do the horses?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)