|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following phenomena did not signal the disappearance of the people and domestic animals of Dyfed?
2. Which country do these tales originate in?
3. How old was Gwri when he learned to walk?
(a) Three years old
(b) Less than three months old
(c) One year old
(d) Less than one year old
4. Which sub-division of the tales are considered to be the most recently written?
(a) The Four Branches of the Mabinogi
(b) The Four Independent Native Tales
(c) The Three Romances
(d) The Tales of King Arthur
5. How many kings are with Macsen Wledig when he has his dream?
6. How fast is Rhiannon's horse travelling when the messengers pursue her?
(a) A slow, even pace
(b) Faster than lightning
(c) A brisk canter
(d) A full gallop
7. Where does Manawydan keep the mouse he catches?
(a) In his shoe
(b) In his glove
(c) In his pocket
(d) In his hat
8. Who accuses Rhiannon of the murder?
(b) Her waiting-women
(c) Pwyll's councillors
9. Which of the following places are not seen by Macsen's messengers in the Island of Britain?
(b) Aber Seint
10. How many years did the four spend living in the wilds before moving to Lloegyr?
(a) Three years
(b) The story does not say
(c) Two years
(d) One year
11. What title do the messengers greet the maiden with?
(a) Queen of Britain
(b) Queen of Rome
(c) Empress of Rome
(d) Empress of Britain
12. What is the name of the king that Pwyll must face in single combat in the Otherworld?
13. Which of the following is not part of the situation where Lleu Llaw Gyffes can be killed?
(a) Having one foot on a goat and one foot on the rim of a bath
(b) A hut on a riverbank
(c) A spear made while folk are at Mass on Sundays
(d) Being dressed only in a net
14. Who tells Math that Goewin is no longer a virgin?
(a) One of the serving women
15. When do the mice come to steal Manawydan's grain?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Efnisien grow angry during the feast?
2. Who decides on Blodeuedd's punishment?
3. What is the name of the cantref ruled over by Lleu Llaw Gyffes before his betrayal by Blodeuedd and Gronwr?
4. Which of the following does not come on Manawydan and Pryderi in revenge for what was done to Gwawl?
5. Which tale is the earliest contained in THE MABINOGION?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)