|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following crafts do Manawydan and Pryderi not earn a living at?
(b) Shield makers
(c) Sword makers
(d) Saddle makers
2. Where is Bendigeifran wounded?
(a) In the foot
(b) In the heart
(c) In the head
(d) In the thigh
3. What color hair does the maiden have when Macsen sees her in the dream?
(d) We are not told
4. Which of the following places is not mentioned in the tale?
5. What relation is Gwydion to Lleu Llaw Gyffes?
(a) His uncle
(b) His brother
(c) His cousin
(d) His father
6. Where did Manawydan go to offer homage to Caswallawn?
(c) The White Mount in London
7. What language was The Mabinogion originally written in?
8. Which of the following did Efnisien not to do the horses?
(a) Cut off their manes
(b) Cut off their tails
(c) Cut off their lips
(d) Cut off their ears
9. Which of the following places are not seen by Macsen's messengers in the Island of Britain?
(a) Aber Seint
10. What animal is killed in order to frame Rhiannon for the murder of her son?
(a) A badger
(b) A stag
(c) A dog
(d) A horse
11. How long was Llasar Llaes Gyfnewid's wife pregnant for?
(a) A fortnight
(b) Six months
(c) A month
(d) Six weeks
12. Who had Bendigeifran left as his regent while he was in Ireland?
(b) Pendaran Dyfed
13. What is the name of Pryderi's wife?
14. How long does Pwyll spend in the Otherworld?
(a) A season
(b) A year
(c) A month
(d) A week
15. What is Macsen Wledig doing when he falls asleep and has his dream?
(a) He is out hunting.
(b) He is feasting in his hall.
(c) He is on board a ship.
(d) He is holding a court of justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How fast is Rhiannon's horse travelling when the messengers pursue her?
2. What is unusual about the warriors brought back to life by the Cauldron of Rebirth?
3. When were the tales written down?
4. In total, how many years do the survivors spend in feasting before they bury the head?
5. Which of the following parts of shoemaking do Manawydan and Pryderi not do for themselves?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)