|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the tales should correctly be called "The Mabinogion"?
(a) The first four
(b) Only "The Dream of Rhonabwy"
(c) All of them
(d) The last three
2. How many Welsh people survive the battle?
3. What color is the horse ridden by Rhiannon when she first appears to Pwyll?
4. Where is the dream-castle located?
(a) By a river mouth
(b) On top of a mountain
(c) On a rolling grassland
(d) In a green valley
5. How long was Llasar Llaes Gyfnewid's wife pregnant for?
(a) Six months
(b) A month
(c) Six weeks
(d) A fortnight
6. How long does Rhiannon have to serve her penance?
(a) Seven years
(b) Until the true murderer is found
(c) Nine years
(d) The rest of her life
7. Who opens the door that faces Cornwall?
(a) Heilyn son of Gwn
(b) Glifieu son of Taran
(c) Manawydan son of Llyr
(d) Gruddieu son of Muriel
8. How many tales appear in THE MABINOGION?
9. Which tale is the earliest contained in THE MABINOGION?
(a) Math Son of Mathonwy
(b) Culhwch and Olwen
(c) Branwen Daughter of Llyr
(d) Gereint Son of Erbin
10. Who translated THE MABINOGION?
(a) Chretién de Troyes
(b) Lady Charlotte Guest
(c) We do not know
(d) Gwyn and Thomas Jones
11. Which of the following is not part of the situation where Lleu Llaw Gyffes can be killed?
(a) A spear made while folk are at Mass on Sundays
(b) Having one foot on a goat and one foot on the rim of a bath
(c) A hut on a riverbank
(d) Being dressed only in a net
12. What do Gwydion and his men disguise themselves at to visit the court of Pryderi?
13. Which of the following does Pryderi not find inside the caer?
(a) A fountain
(b) A marble slab
(c) A golden bowl
(d) A silver cauldron
14. In total, how many years do the survivors spend in feasting before they bury the head?
15. Which of the following is not one of the sons of Llyr?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird does Lleu Llaw Gyffes kill in order to get his name?
2. Which town in Lloegyr do Cigfa and Manawydan live in when Manawydan becomes a shoemaker for the second time?
3. What language was The Mabinogion originally written in?
4. Which of the following is not one of the survivors?
5. Who accuses Rhiannon of the murder?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)