|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Lleu Llaw Gyffes use to kill Gronwr?
(a) A sword
(b) An arrow
(c) A stone
(d) A spear
2. Who had Bendigeifran left as his regent while he was in Ireland?
(c) Pendaran Dyfed
3. Which of the brothers settles permanently in Llydaw?
(b) Both of them
(c) Neither of them
4. What colour were the saddles made by Manawydan and Pryderi?
(a) Dark blue
(c) Dark red
5. What was the original name for this collection of tales?
(a) The White Book of Rhydderch
(b) There was none
(c) The Mabinogion
(d) The Red Book of Hergest
6. Where is Macsen when he receives the message that inspires him to return to Rome?
(a) Caer Aranrhod
(b) Caer Fyrddin
(d) Caer Llion
7. Which of the following is not one of the sons of Llyr?
8. What sort of tree does Lleu Llaw Gyffes perch in when in his eagle form?
(a) An oak
(b) A birch
(c) A beech
(d) An ash
9. Who accuses Rhiannon of the murder?
(b) Pwyll's councillors
(c) Her waiting-women
10. What is the meaning given for the place-name Llydaw and explained by the onomastic tale?
(a) Half silent
(b) Half wits
(c) Half breeds
(d) Half Welsh
11. What color were the strange hounds seen by Pwyll?
(a) Red, black and white
(b) Red with white ears
(c) White with black ears
(d) White with red ears
12. What color is the horse ridden by Rhiannon when she first appears to Pwyll?
13. What is the technical term used for stories told to explain a place name?
14. How many tales appear in THE MABINOGION?
15. Why was Manawydan able to catch Llwyd's wife in mouse form?
(a) She was overweight
(b) She was lame
(c) She was pregnant
(d) She was carrying too much grain
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following animals are Gilfaethwy and Gwydion not transformed into?
2. Who translated THE MABINOGION?
3. Which well-known legendary hero appears in several tales within The Mabinogion?
4. What animal leads Math and Gwydion to Lleu Llaw Gyffes?
5. Which of the following does Pryderi not find inside the caer?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)