|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Branwen treated as a queen should be?
(a) Three years
(b) Two years
(c) Not at all
(d) One year
2. How many tales appear in THE MABINOGION?
3. Which of the following is not one of the survivors?
4. Which of the following places do the survivors not spend time?
5. Who decides on Blodeuedd's punishment?
(c) Lleu Llaw Gyffes
6. How much does the priest offer for the release of the mouse?
(a) Thirty pounds
(b) Five pounds
(c) Three pounds
(d) One pound
7. What is the name of the river in Ireland that Bendigeidfran helps his troops to cross?
8. Why does Efnisien grow angry during the feast?
(a) Because Branwen had been so badly mistreated
(b) Because Matholwch insulted him
(c) Because Gwern would not show him affection
(d) Because the Irish warriors were hidden in the flourbags
9. Where is the dream-castle located?
(a) On a rolling grassland
(b) By a river mouth
(c) On top of a mountain
(d) In a green valley
10. Who is the first person to try to rescue Pryderi from the caer?
11. Which of the following is not a sibling to the others this list?
12. Which of the following does Pryderi not find inside the caer?
(a) A marble slab
(b) A silver cauldron
(c) A golden bowl
(d) A fountain
13. Which of the brothers settles permanently in Llydaw?
(a) Both of them
(c) Neither of them
14. What town was Pwyll and Rhiannon's son born in?
(a) Caer Llion
(b) Caer Aranrhod
15. How many kings are with Macsen Wledig when he has his dream?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bendigeifran wounded?
2. Which of the following does Gwydion not use at some stage during the tale to create his illusions?
3. What equipment do the brothers use to breach the city walls and enter the city?
4. Which of the following is not part of the situation where Lleu Llaw Gyffes can be killed?
5. Which of the tales should correctly be called "The Mabinogion"?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)