|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Elen's brothers to conquer the city?
(a) A week
(b) A month
(c) Three days
(d) Three years
2. How does Llwyd transform his wife back into human form?
(a) He sings a song of power
(b) He taps her with a magic wand
(c) He claps his hands three times
(d) He writes a sigil in the air
3. What animal leads Math and Gwydion to Lleu Llaw Gyffes?
(a) An eagle
(b) A shewolf
(c) A sow
(d) A stag
4. When were the tales written down?
(a) 1200 to 1500
(b) 1300 to 1450
(c) 1400 to 1450
(d) 1300 to 1400
5. What color were the strange hounds seen by Pwyll?
(a) White with red ears
(b) White with black ears
(c) Red with white ears
(d) Red, black and white
6. What equipment do the brothers use to breach the city walls and enter the city?
(c) Battering rams
7. Which tale is the earliest contained in THE MABINOGION?
(a) Gereint Son of Erbin
(b) Branwen Daughter of Llyr
(c) Math Son of Mathonwy
(d) Culhwch and Olwen
8. What is the name of Rhiannon's father?
(a) Hefeydd the Old
(b) Gwawl son of Clud
(c) Hereward the Wake
(d) Arawn King of Arawn
9. Who opens the door that faces Cornwall?
(a) Gruddieu son of Muriel
(b) Heilyn son of Gwn
(c) Manawydan son of Llyr
(d) Glifieu son of Taran
10. What do Gwydion and his men disguise themselves at to visit the court of Pryderi?
11. Who decides on Blodeuedd's punishment?
(b) Lleu Llaw Gyffes
12. What is the bridge onto the ship in Macsen's dream made out of?
(a) Polished oakwood
(b) Walrus ivory
(c) Purest gold
(d) Crystal-clear glass
13. Why was Manawydan able to catch Llwyd's wife in mouse form?
(a) She was overweight
(b) She was carrying too much grain
(c) She was pregnant
(d) She was lame
14. Which of the following did Efnisien not to do the horses?
(a) Cut off their ears
(b) Cut off their tails
(c) Cut off their manes
(d) Cut off their lips
15. How many original manuscripts did the original tales come from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the warriors brought back to life by the Cauldron of Rebirth?
2. What color hair does the maiden have when Macsen sees her in the dream?
3. Which of the following is not one of the sons of Llyr?
4. Which of the following places do the survivors not spend time?
5. What is the meaning given for the place-name Llydaw and explained by the onomastic tale?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)