Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not originally a medieval courtly romance?
(a) Branwen Daughter of Llyr
(b) The Lady of the Fountain
(c) Gereint Son of Erbin
(d) Peredur son of Efrawg
2. What is the name of Rhiannon's father?
(a) Hereward the Wake
(b) Hefeydd the Old
(c) Arawn King of Arawn
(d) Gwawl son of Clud
3. Which of the following animals are Gilfaethwy and Gwydion not transformed into?
4. What do Gwydion and his men disguise themselves at to visit the court of Pryderi?
5. How many people does Macsen Wledig see in his dream?
6. How old was Gwri when he learned to walk?
(a) One year old
(b) Less than three months old
(c) Less than one year old
(d) Three years old
7. What sort of tree does Lleu Llaw Gyffes perch in when in his eagle form?
(a) An ash
(b) An oak
(c) A beech
(d) A birch
8. Which town in Lloegyr do Cigfa and Manawydan live in when Manawydan becomes a shoemaker for the second time?
(b) We are not told
9. Which sub-division of the tales are considered to be the most recently written?
(a) The Four Branches of the Mabinogi
(b) The Four Independent Native Tales
(c) The Tales of King Arthur
(d) The Three Romances
10. How long was Llasar Llaes Gyfnewid's wife pregnant for?
(a) Six weeks
(b) A month
(c) A fortnight
(d) Six months
11. Which of the following is not part of the situation where Lleu Llaw Gyffes can be killed?
(a) Having one foot on a goat and one foot on the rim of a bath
(b) Being dressed only in a net
(c) A spear made while folk are at Mass on Sundays
(d) A hut on a riverbank
12. When were the tales written down?
(a) 1300 to 1450
(b) 1300 to 1400
(c) 1400 to 1450
(d) 1200 to 1500
13. Who tells Math that Goewin is no longer a virgin?
(b) One of the serving women
14. Which of the following places is not mentioned in the tale?
15. Which country do these tales originate in?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Elen's brothers to conquer the city?
2. What is unusual about the warriors brought back to life by the Cauldron of Rebirth?
3. What was the name of the French troubador who originally wrote the earliest version of three of these tales?
4. What crop does Manawydan plant?
5. What is the name of Pryderi's wife?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)