|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following animals are Gilfaethwy and Gwydion not transformed into?
2. What color were the strange hounds seen by Pwyll?
(a) Red with white ears
(b) White with red ears
(c) White with black ears
(d) Red, black and white
3. How many children does Aranrhod give birth to?
4. What do the Irish swineherds mistake Bendigeidfran for as he crosses the ocean?
(a) A ridge
(b) A forest
(c) A whale
(d) A mountain
5. When were the tales written down?
(a) 1300 to 1450
(b) 1300 to 1400
(c) 1200 to 1500
(d) 1400 to 1450
6. Which country do these tales originate in?
7. What is the name of Rhiannon's father?
(a) Hereward the Wake
(b) Hefeydd the Old
(c) Gwawl son of Clud
(d) Arawn King of Arawn
8. Which of the following cantrefs does Pryderi not rule over?
9. What is the name of the man (other than Pwyll) who claims Rhiannon as his bride?
10. What color hair does the maiden have when Macsen sees her in the dream?
(d) We are not told
11. Who decides on Blodeuedd's punishment?
(d) Lleu Llaw Gyffes
12. What equipment do the brothers use to breach the city walls and enter the city?
(d) Battering rams
13. Which of the following flowers is not used to create Blodeuedd?
14. Which of the brothers settles permanently in Llydaw?
(a) Both of them
(c) Neither of them
15. What sort of tree does Lleu Llaw Gyffes perch in when in his eagle form?
(a) A birch
(b) An ash
(c) An oak
(d) A beech
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Branwen treated as a queen should be?
2. How does Llwyd transform his wife back into human form?
3. How many tales are versions of French romances?
4. Where did Manawydan go to offer homage to Caswallawn?
5. How long does it take Elen's brothers to conquer the city?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)