|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about the boar pursued by Pryderi's hunting hounds?
(a) It is white
(b) It can make itself invisible
(c) It can run faster than the fastest horse
(d) It drips flame from its muzzle
2. What is the bridge onto the ship in Macsen's dream made out of?
(a) Walrus ivory
(b) Purest gold
(c) Polished oakwood
(d) Crystal-clear glass
3. What is the name of the cantref ruled over by Lleu Llaw Gyffes before his betrayal by Blodeuedd and Gronwr?
(b) Caer Dathyl
(d) Caer Aranrhod
4. How many years did the four spend living in the wilds before moving to Lloegyr?
(a) Two years
(b) Three years
(c) One year
(d) The story does not say
5. How fast is Rhiannon's horse travelling when the messengers pursue her?
(a) A full gallop
(b) A brisk canter
(c) A slow, even pace
(d) Faster than lightning
6. Which of the following is not one of the survivors?
7. How long does Rhiannon have to serve her penance?
(a) Until the true murderer is found
(b) Nine years
(c) The rest of her life
(d) Seven years
8. What is the mystery child left in the stable wearing?
(a) Brocaded silk
(b) Red and white silk
(c) Swaddling clothes
9. Which of the brothers settles permanently in Llydaw?
(a) Neither of them
(d) Both of them
10. Which of the following is not part of the situation where Lleu Llaw Gyffes can be killed?
(a) A hut on a riverbank
(b) A spear made while folk are at Mass on Sundays
(c) Being dressed only in a net
(d) Having one foot on a goat and one foot on the rim of a bath
11. How does Llwyd transform his wife back into human form?
(a) He claps his hands three times
(b) He taps her with a magic wand
(c) He writes a sigil in the air
(d) He sings a song of power
12. Where is Bendigeifran wounded?
(a) In the heart
(b) In the head
(c) In the thigh
(d) In the foot
13. What breed of bird did Branwen train to carry a message?
(a) A starling
(b) A raven
(c) A skylark
(d) A sparrow
14. Who had Bendigeifran left as his regent while he was in Ireland?
(d) Pendaran Dyfed
15. Which of the following places are not seen by Macsen's messengers in the Island of Britain?
(c) Aber Seint
Short Answer Questions
1. How many riders approach Pwyll after he had driven the strange pack from the dead stag?
2. What animal does Pwyll say that he has trapped in the bag?
3. Which of the following people does not come to ask Manawydan to release the mouse?
4. Who accuses Rhiannon of the murder?
5. Which tale is the earliest contained in THE MABINOGION?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)