|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many riders approach Pwyll after he had driven the strange pack from the dead stag?
2. How many people does Macsen Wledig see in his dream?
3. What equipment do the brothers use to breach the city walls and enter the city?
(a) Battering rams
4. Which of the following places do the survivors not spend time?
5. How long was Llasar Llaes Gyfnewid's wife pregnant for?
(a) Six weeks
(b) Six months
(c) A fortnight
(d) A month
6. Where is the dream-castle located?
(a) On top of a mountain
(b) On a rolling grassland
(c) In a green valley
(d) By a river mouth
7. What do Gwydion and his men disguise themselves at to visit the court of Pryderi?
8. How long does Rhiannon have to serve her penance?
(a) Nine years
(b) Until the true murderer is found
(c) The rest of her life
(d) Seven years
9. What is the name of the man (other than Pwyll) who claims Rhiannon as his bride?
10. How many messengers set out on the journey indicated by Macsen's dream?
11. Who tells Math that Goewin is no longer a virgin?
(b) One of the serving women
12. What do the Irish swineherds mistake Bendigeidfran for as he crosses the ocean?
(a) A whale
(b) A ridge
(c) A forest
(d) A mountain
13. How many children does Aranrhod give birth to?
14. Who accuses Rhiannon of the murder?
(c) Her waiting-women
(d) Pwyll's councillors
15. Who had Bendigeifran left as his regent while he was in Ireland?
(b) Pendaran Dyfed
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Macsen Wledig spend in Britain with Elen?
2. Which of the following animals are Gilfaethwy and Gwydion not transformed into?
3. What is unusual about the boar pursued by Pryderi's hunting hounds?
4. Who invented the word "Mabinogion"?
5. Which of the following is not one of the sons of Llyr?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)