|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Efnisien grow angry during the feast?
(a) Because Branwen had been so badly mistreated
(b) Because Gwern would not show him affection
(c) Because the Irish warriors were hidden in the flourbags
(d) Because Matholwch insulted him
2. What bird is Blodeuedd transformed into?
(a) A wren
(b) An owl
(c) A swan
(d) An eagle
3. Which of the following cantrefs does Pryderi not rule over?
4. Which of the following was not originally a medieval courtly romance?
(a) Branwen Daughter of Llyr
(b) The Lady of the Fountain
(c) Peredur son of Efrawg
(d) Gereint Son of Erbin
5. Which town in Lloegyr do Cigfa and Manawydan live in when Manawydan becomes a shoemaker for the second time?
(a) We are not told
6. When does Teyrnon's mare give birth to a foal?
(c) May Day
(d) May Eve
7. Which of the following flowers is not used to create Blodeuedd?
8. What title do the messengers greet the maiden with?
(a) Queen of Rome
(b) Empress of Rome
(c) Empress of Britain
(d) Queen of Britain
9. How many years did the four spend living in the wilds before moving to Lloegyr?
(a) Two years
(b) One year
(c) The story does not say
(d) Three years
10. Which of the following places are not seen by Macsen's messengers in the Island of Britain?
(b) Aber Seint
11. How much does the priest offer for the release of the mouse?
(a) Thirty pounds
(b) Five pounds
(c) One pound
(d) Three pounds
12. Which of the brothers settles permanently in Llydaw?
(a) Neither of them
(c) Both of them
13. What is the name of the king that Pwyll must face in single combat in the Otherworld?
14. What animal is killed in order to frame Rhiannon for the murder of her son?
(a) A stag
(b) A badger
(c) A dog
(d) A horse
15. Which of the following is not one of the survivors?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Manawydan go to offer homage to Caswallawn?
2. Which of the following is not part of the situation where Lleu Llaw Gyffes can be killed?
3. What crop does Manawydan plant?
4. What is the bridge onto the ship in Macsen's dream made out of?
5. Which of the following is not a sibling to the others this list?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)