|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a sibling to the others this list?
2. Which of the following parts of shoemaking do Manawydan and Pryderi not do for themselves?
(a) Skinning beasts to get the hides
(b) Dressing and tanning the leather
(c) Stitching the shoes together
(d) Cutting out the leather
3. How many pigs does Gwydion get in exchange from Pryderi for the magical horses and greyhounds
(b) We are not told
4. Which of the following people does not come to ask Manawydan to release the mouse?
(a) A bishop
(b) A clerk
(c) A priest
(d) A monk
5. When does Teyrnon's mare give birth to a foal?
(b) May Eve
(c) May Day
6. How many warriors were hidden in great house built for Bendigeidfran?
(a) One thousand
(b) Three hundred
(c) One hundred
7. Where is Bendigeifran wounded?
(a) In the head
(b) In the heart
(c) In the foot
(d) In the thigh
8. Who decides on Blodeuedd's punishment?
(a) Lleu Llaw Gyffes
9. How much does the priest offer for the release of the mouse?
(a) One pound
(b) Thirty pounds
(c) Five pounds
(d) Three pounds
10. Where did Bendigeifran tell the survivors to bury his head?
11. What is unusual about the boar pursued by Pryderi's hunting hounds?
(a) It drips flame from its muzzle
(b) It can run faster than the fastest horse
(c) It is white
(d) It can make itself invisible
12. Where did Manawydan go to offer homage to Caswallawn?
(c) The White Mount in London
13. What animal is killed in order to frame Rhiannon for the murder of her son?
(a) A badger
(b) A stag
(c) A horse
(d) A dog
14. Which of the following flowers is not used to create Blodeuedd?
15. What is unusual about the warriors brought back to life by the Cauldron of Rebirth?
(a) Their skins have turned green
(b) They do not bleed when wounded
(c) They cannot speak
(d) They have no eyes
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the horse ridden by Rhiannon when she first appears to Pwyll?
2. In total, how many years do the survivors spend in feasting before they bury the head?
3. Which of the following does Pryderi not find inside the caer?
4. How many original manuscripts did the original tales come from?
5. How many times in total does Pwyll see Rhiannon riding past the mound?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)