|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about the boar pursued by Pryderi's hunting hounds?
(a) It is white
(b) It can run faster than the fastest horse
(c) It can make itself invisible
(d) It drips flame from its muzzle
2. Who is the first person to try to rescue Pryderi from the caer?
3. Which of the following places are not seen by Macsen's messengers in the Island of Britain?
(b) Aber Seint
4. How many tales are versions of French romances?
(a) All of them
5. What animal is killed in order to frame Rhiannon for the murder of her son?
(a) A stag
(b) A horse
(c) A dog
(d) A badger
6. Which of the following flowers is not used to create Blodeuedd?
7. Which of the brothers settles permanently in Llydaw?
(a) Both of them
(d) Neither of them
8. Which of the following parts of shoemaking do Manawydan and Pryderi not do for themselves?
(a) Skinning beasts to get the hides
(b) Stitching the shoes together
(c) Dressing and tanning the leather
(d) Cutting out the leather
9. What crop does Manawydan plant?
10. Who tells Math that Goewin is no longer a virgin?
(c) One of the serving women
11. How many pigs does Gwydion get in exchange from Pryderi for the magical horses and greyhounds
(c) We are not told
12. How fast is Rhiannon's horse travelling when the messengers pursue her?
(a) A full gallop
(b) A slow, even pace
(c) A brisk canter
(d) Faster than lightning
13. What is the meaning given for the place-name Llydaw and explained by the onomastic tale?
(a) Half wits
(b) Half breeds
(c) Half Welsh
(d) Half silent
14. Which of the following cantrefs does Pryderi not rule over?
15. Where is Bendigeifran wounded?
(a) In the heart
(b) In the foot
(c) In the head
(d) In the thigh
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did the four spend living in the wilds before moving to Lloegyr?
2. How long was Llasar Llaes Gyfnewid's wife pregnant for?
3. How long does Rhiannon have to serve her penance?
4. What language was The Mabinogion originally written in?
5. What do the Irish swineherds mistake Bendigeidfran for as he crosses the ocean?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)