|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the technical term used for stories told to explain a place name?
2. What does Elen arrange to be brought to Britain so Macsen can feel more at home?
(a) His hunting hounds
(b) Soil from his native land
(d) His ageing mother
3. Who opens the door that faces Cornwall?
(a) Gruddieu son of Muriel
(b) Glifieu son of Taran
(c) Manawydan son of Llyr
(d) Heilyn son of Gwn
4. How many children does Aranrhod give birth to?
5. How old was Gwri when he learned to walk?
(a) Less than three months old
(b) Three years old
(c) Less than one year old
(d) One year old
6. What is unusual about the boar pursued by Pryderi's hunting hounds?
(a) It drips flame from its muzzle
(b) It is white
(c) It can run faster than the fastest horse
(d) It can make itself invisible
7. Which of the following crafts do Manawydan and Pryderi not earn a living at?
(a) Shield makers
(b) Saddle makers
(d) Sword makers
8. Which of the following is not one of the survivors?
9. What was the name of the French troubador who originally wrote the earliest version of three of these tales?
(a) Marie de France
(b) Lady Charlotte Guest
(d) Chretién de Troyes
10. How many messengers set out on the journey indicated by Macsen's dream?
11. How long was Llasar Llaes Gyfnewid's wife pregnant for?
(a) A month
(b) A fortnight
(c) Six weeks
(d) Six months
12. Which of the following people does not come to ask Manawydan to release the mouse?
(a) A bishop
(b) A monk
(c) A clerk
(d) A priest
13. What bird is Blodeuedd transformed into?
(a) An eagle
(b) A wren
(c) An owl
(d) A swan
14. Which of the following does Pryderi not find inside the caer?
(a) A fountain
(b) A golden bowl
(c) A silver cauldron
(d) A marble slab
15. What is the name of the man (other than Pwyll) who claims Rhiannon as his bride?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the brothers settles permanently in Llydaw?
2. How many people does Macsen Wledig see in his dream?
3. How many riders approach Pwyll after he had driven the strange pack from the dead stag?
4. Who translated THE MABINOGION?
5. What weapon does Lleu Llaw Gyffes use to kill Gronwr?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)