|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Lleu Llaw Gyffes use to kill Gronwr?
(a) A sword
(b) A stone
(c) A spear
(d) An arrow
2. How many people does Macsen Wledig see in his dream?
3. Which of the following parts of shoemaking do Manawydan and Pryderi not do for themselves?
(a) Dressing and tanning the leather
(b) Stitching the shoes together
(c) Skinning beasts to get the hides
(d) Cutting out the leather
4. What animal is killed in order to frame Rhiannon for the murder of her son?
(a) A dog
(b) A badger
(c) A horse
(d) A stag
5. How many tales are versions of French romances?
(d) All of them
6. What color hair does the maiden have when Macsen sees her in the dream?
(c) We are not told
7. How many riders approach Pwyll after he had driven the strange pack from the dead stag?
8. Which of the following crafts do Manawydan and Pryderi not earn a living at?
(b) Saddle makers
(c) Shield makers
(d) Sword makers
9. Who accuses Rhiannon of the murder?
(a) Her waiting-women
(b) Pwyll's councillors
10. Which of the brothers settles permanently in Llydaw?
(c) Neither of them
(d) Both of them
11. What is the name of the river in Ireland that Bendigeidfran helps his troops to cross?
12. Which of the following places are not seen by Macsen's messengers in the Island of Britain?
(b) Aber Seint
13. What animal does Pwyll say that he has trapped in the bag?
(a) A snake
(b) A fox
(c) A badger
(d) A weasel
14. What is the meaning given for the place-name Llydaw and explained by the onomastic tale?
(a) Half silent
(b) Half wits
(c) Half breeds
(d) Half Welsh
15. How long does Pwyll spend in the Otherworld?
(a) A season
(b) A week
(c) A month
(d) A year
Short Answer Questions
1. How many kings are with Macsen Wledig when he has his dream?
2. How long was Branwen treated as a queen should be?
3. Which of the following is not a sibling to the others this list?
4. What is the most likely meaning of "Mabinogion"?
5. What animal leads Math and Gwydion to Lleu Llaw Gyffes?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)