|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of tree does Lleu Llaw Gyffes perch in when in his eagle form?
(a) An ash
(b) A beech
(c) An oak
(d) A birch
2. What is the name of the man (other than Pwyll) who claims Rhiannon as his bride?
3. How long does it take Elen's brothers to conquer the city?
(a) Three years
(b) A week
(c) A month
(d) Three days
4. How long does Rhiannon have to serve her penance?
(a) The rest of her life
(b) Seven years
(c) Nine years
(d) Until the true murderer is found
5. What relation is Gwydion to Lleu Llaw Gyffes?
(a) His uncle
(b) His brother
(c) His father
(d) His cousin
6. What is the most likely meaning of "Mabinogion"?
(a) Tales of a Knight
(b) Tales of Battle
(c) Tales of a Youth
(d) Heroic Tales
7. Who opens the door that faces Cornwall?
(a) Gruddieu son of Muriel
(b) Heilyn son of Gwn
(c) Manawydan son of Llyr
(d) Glifieu son of Taran
8. What color were the strange hounds seen by Pwyll?
(a) Red with white ears
(b) Red, black and white
(c) White with black ears
(d) White with red ears
9. Which tale is the earliest contained in THE MABINOGION?
(a) Branwen Daughter of Llyr
(b) Culhwch and Olwen
(c) Math Son of Mathonwy
(d) Gereint Son of Erbin
10. What was the name of the French troubador who originally wrote the earliest version of three of these tales?
(a) Marie de France
(b) Chretién de Troyes
(c) Lady Charlotte Guest
11. How many original manuscripts did the original tales come from?
12. Which of the following places are not seen by Macsen's messengers in the Island of Britain?
(a) Aber Seint
13. What crop does Manawydan plant?
14. How many riders approach Pwyll after he had driven the strange pack from the dead stag?
15. What equipment do the brothers use to breach the city walls and enter the city?
(c) Battering rams
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Llasar Llaes Gyfnewid's wife pregnant for?
2. How long was Branwen treated as a queen should be?
3. How many Welsh people survive the battle?
4. Who decides on Blodeuedd's punishment?
5. What do Gwydion and his men disguise themselves at to visit the court of Pryderi?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)