|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Pryderi's wife?
2. When do the mice come to steal Manawydan's grain?
3. Which of the following does not come on Manawydan and Pryderi in revenge for what was done to Gwawl?
(a) The raids on Manawydan's crops
(b) The captivity of Pryderi and Rhiannon
(c) The disappearance of the people and domestic animals of Dyfed
(d) The persecution of Manawydan by the shoemakers
4. How old was Gwri when he learned to walk?
(a) Less than one year old
(b) One year old
(c) Less than three months old
(d) Three years old
5. What language was The Mabinogion originally written in?
6. What equipment do the brothers use to breach the city walls and enter the city?
(b) Battering rams
7. What weapon does Lleu Llaw Gyffes use to kill Gronwr?
(a) A spear
(b) An arrow
(c) A sword
(d) A stone
8. How many original manuscripts did the original tales come from?
9. Which of the brothers settles permanently in Llydaw?
(c) Both of them
(d) Neither of them
10. When does Teyrnon's mare give birth to a foal?
(a) May Day
(d) May Eve
11. What type of bird does Lleu Llaw Gyffes kill in order to get his name?
(a) A starling
(b) A wren
(c) An eagle
(d) A raven
12. Which of the following flowers is not used to create Blodeuedd?
13. What bird is Blodeuedd transformed into?
(a) A swan
(b) A wren
(c) An owl
(d) An eagle
14. What relation is Gwydion to Lleu Llaw Gyffes?
(a) His father
(b) His brother
(c) His uncle
(d) His cousin
15. Which of the following is not one of the survivors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elen arrange to be brought to Britain so Macsen can feel more at home?
2. Who translated THE MABINOGION?
3. How does Llwyd transform his wife back into human form?
4. Which of the following places is not mentioned in the tale?
5. What was the original name for this collection of tales?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)