|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Aranrhod give birth to?
2. Which of the following is not part of the situation where Lleu Llaw Gyffes can be killed?
(a) Having one foot on a goat and one foot on the rim of a bath
(b) Being dressed only in a net
(c) A spear made while folk are at Mass on Sundays
(d) A hut on a riverbank
3. What is the meaning given for the place-name Llydaw and explained by the onomastic tale?
(a) Half wits
(b) Half Welsh
(c) Half breeds
(d) Half silent
4. How much does the priest offer for the release of the mouse?
(a) Five pounds
(b) Thirty pounds
(c) Three pounds
(d) One pound
5. Which of the following is not one of the survivors?
6. What is the bridge onto the ship in Macsen's dream made out of?
(a) Purest gold
(b) Crystal-clear glass
(c) Polished oakwood
(d) Walrus ivory
7. Who had Bendigeifran left as his regent while he was in Ireland?
(b) Pendaran Dyfed
8. What is the mystery child left in the stable wearing?
(b) Brocaded silk
(c) Red and white silk
(d) Swaddling clothes
9. How fast is Rhiannon's horse travelling when the messengers pursue her?
(a) Faster than lightning
(b) A slow, even pace
(c) A brisk canter
(d) A full gallop
10. What color were the strange hounds seen by Pwyll?
(a) Red, black and white
(b) White with black ears
(c) Red with white ears
(d) White with red ears
11. Who accuses Rhiannon of the murder?
(a) Pwyll's councillors
(b) Her waiting-women
12. Which tale is the earliest contained in THE MABINOGION?
(a) Culhwch and Olwen
(b) Math Son of Mathonwy
(c) Gereint Son of Erbin
(d) Branwen Daughter of Llyr
13. Who invented the word "Mabinogion"?
(a) Chretién de Troyes
(b) Nobody - it is part of the Welsh language
(c) King Arthur
(d) Lady Charlotte Guest
14. Where is Bendigeifran wounded?
(a) In the foot
(b) In the thigh
(c) In the heart
(d) In the head
15. When does Teyrnon's mare give birth to a foal?
(a) May Eve
(c) May Day
Short Answer Questions
1. How many warriors were hidden in great house built for Bendigeidfran?
2. How long was Llasar Llaes Gyfnewid's wife pregnant for?
3. How many tales appear in THE MABINOGION?
4. What language was The Mabinogion originally written in?
5. When do the mice come to steal Manawydan's grain?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)