1. How were these tales originally presented to an audience?
They were oral tales, told to an audience who listened.
2. What are onomastic tales?
Onomastic tales are stories invented to explain how a place got its name.
3. Where did the Three Romances originate from before being written for the Mabinogion?
They came from France.
4. Which manuscript used to compile The Mabinogion is the earliest?
The White Book of Rhydderch.
5. Was the name "The Mabinogion" originally given to this collection of tales?
No. "The Mabinogion" was a term invented by a collector of tales much later.
6. What period in history were the later tales in "The Mabinogion" written down in?
During the Medieval period (the Middle Ages).
7. What does Pwyll do that insults or offends Arawn?
He drives Arawn's hounds off the dead stag and allows his own dogs to eat from it.
This section contains 2,501 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)