Short Answer Key
1. Which country do these tales originate in?
2. Who translated THE MABINOGION?
Gwyn and Thomas Jones
3. Which tale is the earliest contained in THE MABINOGION?
Culhwch and Olwen
4. What is the technical term used for stories told to explain a place name?
5. What is the most likely meaning of "Mabinogion"?
Tales of a Youth
6. Which of the following was not originally a medieval courtly romance?
Branwen Daughter of Llyr
7. When were the tales written down?
1300 to 1450
8. Which of the tales should correctly be called "The Mabinogion"?
The first four
9. How many tales appear in THE MABINOGION?
10. How many tales are versions of French romances?
11. What was the original name for this collection of tales?
There was none
12. What was the name of the French troubador who originally wrote the earliest...
This section contains 2,469 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)