|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Lady of the Fountain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Macsen when he receives the message that inspires him to return to Rome?
(a) Caer Fyrddin
(b) Caer Llion
(d) Caer Aranrhod
2. What is the most common response of both Owein and Arthur when the messengers bring them news about the battle between the men and the ravens?
(a) Keep playing
(b) Play the game
(c) Play thy game
(d) Play on
3. What relation is Gwydion to Lleu Llaw Gyffes?
(a) His father
(b) His cousin
(c) His uncle
(d) His brother
4. Which well-known legendary hero appears in several tales within The Mabinogion?
(a) Robin Hood
(b) King Arthur
(c) Alexander the Great
(d) Julius Caesar
5. What is the name of the woman who Culhwch was destined to take as wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does not take part in the storytelling in Arthur's court?
2. Which of the following is not one of the survivors?
3. In total, how many years do the survivors spend in feasting before they bury the head?
4. Which of the following well-known Arthurian characters is not invoked by Culhwch when he asks his boon from Arthur?
5. What animal is killed in order to frame Rhiannon for the murder of her son?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)