|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Lady of the Fountain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ultimate fate of the Black Oppressor?
(a) Owein kills him.
(b) He becomes the next defender of the fountain.
(c) He turns his house into a hospice.
(d) He becomes one of Arthur's knights.
2. Who invented the word "Mabinogion"?
(a) Nobody - it is part of the Welsh language
(b) Lady Charlotte Guest
(c) King Arthur
(d) Chretién de Troyes
3. What color is the horse ridden by Rhiannon when she first appears to Pwyll?
4. Which of the following was not originally a medieval courtly romance?
(a) Gereint Son of Erbin
(b) Branwen Daughter of Llyr
(c) The Lady of the Fountain
(d) Peredur son of Efrawg
5. How old was Gwri when he learned to walk?
(a) Less than one year old
(b) Three years old
(c) Less than three months old
(d) One year old
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the boar pursued by Pryderi's hunting hounds?
2. Where did Manawydan go to offer homage to Caswallawn?
3. Who tells Math that Goewin is no longer a virgin?
4. Which of the following flowers is not used to create Blodeuedd?
5. What do the Irish swineherds mistake Bendigeidfran for as he crosses the ocean?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)