|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Culhwch and Olwen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not originally a medieval courtly romance?
(a) Gereint Son of Erbin
(b) Branwen Daughter of Llyr
(c) The Lady of the Fountain
(d) Peredur son of Efrawg
2. Which of the following places are not seen by Macsen's messengers in the Island of Britain?
(d) Aber Seint
3. What animal does Pwyll say that he has trapped in the bag?
(a) A snake
(b) A badger
(c) A weasel
(d) A fox
4. Which of the following is not part of the situation where Lleu Llaw Gyffes can be killed?
(a) Having one foot on a goat and one foot on the rim of a bath
(b) A hut on a riverbank
(c) Being dressed only in a net
(d) A spear made while folk are at Mass on Sundays
5. Which of the following well-known Arthurian characters is not invoked by Culhwch when he asks his boon from Arthur?
(a) Cei (Kay)
(b) Myrddin (Merlin)
(c) Gwenhwyfar (Guinevere)
(d) Drwst (Tristram)
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the cantref ruled over by Lleu Llaw Gyffes before his betrayal by Blodeuedd and Gronwr?
2. Which of the following is not one of the results of the terrible scream?
3. Which of the following does Gwydion not use at some stage during the tale to create his illusions?
4. Where do Arthur's warband first find Twrch Trwyth?
5. Where does Manawydan keep the mouse he catches?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)