|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dream of Macsen Wledig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the technical term used for stories told to explain a place name?
2. What crop does Manawydan plant?
3. What sort of tree does Lleu Llaw Gyffes perch in when in his eagle form?
(a) An oak
(b) A birch
(c) An ash
(d) A beech
4. Which well-known legendary hero appears in several tales within The Mabinogion?
(a) Alexander the Great
(b) Robin Hood
(c) Julius Caesar
(d) King Arthur
5. Which of the following people does not come to ask Manawydan to release the mouse?
(a) A priest
(b) A monk
(c) A clerk
(d) A bishop
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the tales should correctly be called "The Mabinogion"?
2. Which of the following does not come on Manawydan and Pryderi in revenge for what was done to Gwawl?
3. Which of the following flowers is not used to create Blodeuedd?
4. Which of the brothers settles permanently in Llydaw?
5. How many original manuscripts did the original tales come from?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)