|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dream of Macsen Wledig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the priest offer for the release of the mouse?
(a) One pound
(b) Thirty pounds
(c) Five pounds
(d) Three pounds
2. What was the name of the French troubador who originally wrote the earliest version of three of these tales?
(a) Chretién de Troyes
(b) Marie de France
(d) Lady Charlotte Guest
3. Where did Bendigeifran tell the survivors to bury his head?
4. Which of the tales should correctly be called "The Mabinogion"?
(a) Only "The Dream of Rhonabwy"
(b) The first four
(c) All of them
(d) The last three
5. How old was Gwri when he learned to walk?
(a) Three years old
(b) Less than three months old
(c) One year old
(d) Less than one year old
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invented the word "Mabinogion"?
2. Which well-known legendary hero appears in several tales within The Mabinogion?
3. Why was Manawydan able to catch Llwyd's wife in mouse form?
4. Who translated THE MABINOGION?
5. What is the name of the river in Ireland that Bendigeidfran helps his troops to cross?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)