|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Branwen Daughter of Llyr.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which tale is the earliest contained in THE MABINOGION?
(a) Math Son of Mathonwy
(b) Branwen Daughter of Llyr
(c) Gereint Son of Erbin
(d) Culhwch and Olwen
2. How old was Gwri when he learned to walk?
(a) Less than one year old
(b) Three years old
(c) One year old
(d) Less than three months old
3. What was the name of the French troubador who originally wrote the earliest version of three of these tales?
(a) Chretién de Troyes
(b) Marie de France
(d) Lady Charlotte Guest
4. What animal is killed in order to frame Rhiannon for the murder of her son?
(a) A dog
(b) A horse
(c) A stag
(d) A badger
5. Where is Bendigeifran wounded?
(a) In the heart
(b) In the foot
(c) In the head
(d) In the thigh
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Irish swineherds mistake Bendigeidfran for as he crosses the ocean?
2. Which country do these tales originate in?
3. How long was Branwen treated as a queen should be?
4. Which sub-division of the tales are considered to be the most recently written?
5. Which of the following is not one of the survivors?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)