|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pwyll, Prince of Dyfed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is killed in order to frame Rhiannon for the murder of her son?
(a) A badger
(b) A dog
(c) A stag
(d) A horse
2. When were the tales written down?
(a) 1300 to 1400
(b) 1200 to 1500
(c) 1400 to 1450
(d) 1300 to 1450
3. How fast is Rhiannon's horse travelling when the messengers pursue her?
(a) A slow, even pace
(b) Faster than lightning
(c) A full gallop
(d) A brisk canter
4. Which of the following was not originally a medieval courtly romance?
(a) The Lady of the Fountain
(b) Gereint Son of Erbin
(c) Branwen Daughter of Llyr
(d) Peredur son of Efrawg
5. How many tales are versions of French romances?
(c) All of them
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invented the word "Mabinogion"?
2. What town was Pwyll and Rhiannon's son born in?
3. How long does Rhiannon have to serve her penance?
4. Who translated THE MABINOGION?
5. Which country do these tales originate in?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)