|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pwyll, Prince of Dyfed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Rhiannon have to serve her penance?
(a) Seven years
(b) The rest of her life
(c) Until the true murderer is found
(d) Nine years
2. What is the name of Pryderi's wife?
3. What was the name of the French troubador who originally wrote the earliest version of three of these tales?
(a) Lady Charlotte Guest
(c) Chretién de Troyes
(d) Marie de France
4. What color were the strange hounds seen by Pwyll?
(a) Red, black and white
(b) White with red ears
(c) White with black ears
(d) Red with white ears
5. Which of the following was not originally a medieval courtly romance?
(a) Branwen Daughter of Llyr
(b) Gereint Son of Erbin
(c) Peredur son of Efrawg
(d) The Lady of the Fountain
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most likely meaning of "Mabinogion"?
2. Who translated THE MABINOGION?
3. What was the original name for this collection of tales?
4. When were the tales written down?
5. How many tales appear in THE MABINOGION?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)