|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pwyll, Prince of Dyfed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not originally a medieval courtly romance?
(a) Branwen Daughter of Llyr
(b) Peredur son of Efrawg
(c) Gereint Son of Erbin
(d) The Lady of the Fountain
2. What was the name of the French troubador who originally wrote the earliest version of three of these tales?
(a) Lady Charlotte Guest
(b) Chretién de Troyes
(c) Marie de France
3. Which well-known legendary hero appears in several tales within The Mabinogion?
(a) Robin Hood
(b) King Arthur
(c) Alexander the Great
(d) Julius Caesar
4. What language was The Mabinogion originally written in?
5. How long does Pwyll spend in the Otherworld?
(a) A week
(b) A season
(c) A year
(d) A month
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the technical term used for stories told to explain a place name?
2. When does Teyrnon's mare give birth to a foal?
3. What is the name of Pryderi's wife?
4. Who accuses Rhiannon of the murder?
5. How many tales are versions of French romances?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)