|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pwyll, Prince of Dyfed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Pwyll say that he has trapped in the bag?
(a) A badger
(b) A fox
(c) A weasel
(d) A snake
2. What is the technical term used for stories told to explain a place name?
3. Who accuses Rhiannon of the murder?
(c) Her waiting-women
(d) Pwyll's councillors
4. What language was The Mabinogion originally written in?
5. How many tales are versions of French romances?
(a) All of them
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Rhiannon have to serve her penance?
2. How many original manuscripts did the original tales come from?
3. What is the most likely meaning of "Mabinogion"?
4. What was the name of the French troubador who originally wrote the earliest version of three of these tales?
5. How many times in total does Pwyll see Rhiannon riding past the mound?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)