|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dream of Rhonabwy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elen arrange to be brought to Britain so Macsen can feel more at home?
(b) Soil from his native land
(c) His hunting hounds
(d) His ageing mother
2. What title do the messengers greet the maiden with?
(a) Empress of Britain
(b) Queen of Britain
(c) Queen of Rome
(d) Empress of Rome
3. Which of the following places are not seen by Macsen's messengers in the Island of Britain?
(c) Aber Seint
4. Where is Macsen when he receives the message that inspires him to return to Rome?
(b) Caer Aranrhod
(c) Caer Llion
(d) Caer Fyrddin
5. What breed of bird did Branwen train to carry a message?
(a) A sparrow
(b) A skylark
(c) A raven
(d) A starling
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the banner topping the white pavilion that the first messenger to Arthur and Owein?
2. Which of the following places is not mentioned in the tale?
3. What is the name of the river in Ireland that Bendigeidfran helps his troops to cross?
4. How long was Branwen treated as a queen should be?
5. Which of the following is not one of the sons of Llyr?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)