* The Mabinogion is one of the most important collections of Welsh tales, and contains the earliest prose story about King Arthur.
* The Mabinogion was collated by Lady Charlotte Guest and the stories were originally written down in The Red Book of Hergest (written 1375 to 1425AD) and the White Book of Rhydderch (written 1300 to 1325).
* Three of the tales are Welsh versions of Medieval courtly romances originally written by French troubador ChretiÃ©n de Troyes.
Pwyll, Prince of Dyfed
* Pwyll encounters the king of the Underworld and changes place with him for a year
* Pwyll marries Rhiannon, after winning her favour and defeating Gwawl, his rival for her hand in marriage.
* Rhiannon gives birth to a baby boy. He vanishes and she is accused of his murder, and is forced to do penance for her crime.
* The missing baby is found by a horsebreeder, who...
This section contains 1,677 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)