|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the note say that Laurel hands Emma?
(a) That Sutton is dead.
(b) That Clarice called the police and said Emma stole money.
(c) That Emma's mother is in Tucson.
(d) That Sutton is being held captive.
2. What does Emma think about concerning Becky?
(a) Her dislike of cats.
(b) Her ability to solve any math problem.
(c) Her erratic personality.
(d) Her intense fervor over football.
3. What does Emma remember Sutton telling her?
(a) That Sutton would be late arriving at the canyon.
(b) That something bizarre is happening at the canyon.
(c) That Mr. Sutton is a good man.
(d) That revealing her identity might be dangerous.
4. What plans does Madeline reveal concerning Nisha?
(b) A surprise party.
(c) A birthday outing.
5. What does Travis say about Emma?
(a) He had seen her in Clarice's room earlier in the day.
(b) He saw the photo in Emma's room.
(c) He saw Emma put the checkbook in her purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma observe near Nisha's locker the next morning?
2. About what has Emma fantasized during the entire trip to Tucson?
3. How does Emma get to Sabino Canyon?
4. What does Ethan say he dislikes?
5. When is Sutton's birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mrs. Mercer wakes Emma the next morning?
2. Why does Emma doubt Garrett's feelings for Sutton?
3. Where do Sutton's friends drag Emma?
4. What "prank" is played upon Nisha?
5. What happened to Sutton over the summer?
6. How does Emma end up at Sutton's house?
7. What does Emma realize when she is in Sutton's room and why does she feel guilty?
8. What happens at Sabino Canyon?
9. How does Emma end up in foster care?
10. What does Clarice accuse someone of and who gets blamed?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)