|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Sutton been doing behind a rock?
(a) Changing into a swim suit.
(c) Smoking a joint.
(d) Making out with her boyfriend.
2. Why has Laurel been angry with Sutton?
(a) Sutton owes her money.
(b) Sutton ruined Laurel's favorite blouse.
(c) Sutton seduced Garrett, whom Laurel liked.
(d) She promised Laurel a ride to Nisha's party but left without her.
3. What does Travis say about Emma?
(a) He had seen her in Clarice's room earlier in the day.
(b) He saw Emma put the checkbook in her purse.
(c) He saw the photo in Emma's room.
4. What does Emma observe near Nisha's locker the next morning?
(a) A rotten vulture carcass.
(b) A dead dog.
(c) A sign.
(d) A crime scene with a great deal of blood.
5. What does Emma feel in her back as she is waiting for Sutton?
(a) A sharp point like a knife.
(b) A horsefly.
(c) The barrel of a gun.
(d) A sting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emma get to Sabino Canyon?
2. Who is Mr. Chamberlain?
3. What does Sutton realize about herself?
4. Where has Emma left most of her belongings?
5. What does Emma deny to Clarice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emma hope about Sutton as Emma is being dragged to the party and how does Emma try to contact Sutton?
2. What is Emma's current foster situation like?
3. What happened to Sutton over the summer?
4. Who does Emma meet outside and what does Sutton vaguely recall about the young man?
5. Where do Sutton's friends drag Emma?
6. What does the note say that was left on the windshield of Sutton's car?
7. What does Emma realize when she is in Sutton's room and why does she feel guilty?
8. What happens at Sabino Canyon?
9. What does Emma do at the police station?
10. What does Clarice accuse someone of and who gets blamed?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)