|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is described as having "a long, hooked nose that had been broken several times"?
2. Which of the following characters is NOT handcuffed by the SWAT team and forced into the backseat of a car?
3. What is the name of Joseph Leander's girlfriend?
4. Which of the following characters proves to be the fall-man, leading Steve back to the water?
5. Where do Theo and Val finally locate Catfish?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Molly once had a successful career as a high-profile actress. What type of actress was Molly? What was Molly's most famous role? How does Molly cling to her famous role, and how has this role affected her psychology? Finally, explain why Molly's acting career ended, and how she reacted to her change in career.
Essay Topic 2
At the opening of the novel, Val, the town psychiatrist, makes a tough moral decision in regards to her patients. What tough decision does Val make? What events prompted this moral decision? In the end, was the moral decision she made about her patients a good one? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Many characters in the novel have struggled with substance abuse problems. Choose one character and explain their path from addiction to recovery. What were the positives about their battle with addiction? What were the negatives? In the end, was this character's path toward sobriety a successful one? Why or why not?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)