|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Bess Leander have?
2. Which of the following objects is Estelle most interested in?
3. What is Estelle's last name?
4. How old is Mikey?
5. Which of the following stores does Val most like to shop at?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Sheriff caught, and what is his punishment?
2. Why does Mavis offer to protect Val?
3. How does Molly take advantage of the pilgrims that arrive at her cave?
4. How does Val react after she and Gabe make love for the first time?
5. Why does the Sheriff call Theo continually after the meth lab bust?
6. How is Molly treated when she enters the hardware store to run a few errands?
7. What is the immediate reaction from first responders about Bess Leander's death?
8. How do Catfish and Smiley celebrate their massive catch after fishing?
9. What bribe does the Sheriff give Theo while battling at the cave?
10. What unusual sight does the Sheriff see while he is driving to the HP Cafe in search of Betsy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Steve is a character who undergoes many different transformations, both physical and emotional. First, explain where Steve came from and how he earned his name. Then, explain Steve's physical transformation. How did these transformations occur? How did Steve's physical transformation directly reflect his emotional transformation?
Essay Topic 2
Val and Winston have a very unhealthy, illegal relationship in regards to patients and their prescriptions. First, explain how Val and Winston first came into partnership together. In what ways did Val blackmail Winston to get her way? In what ways did Winston blackmail Val to get his way? In the end, which of these two characters came out on top, benefiting most from this illegal relationship? How can you tell?
Essay Topic 3
Catfish and Estelle were an unlikely romantic couple who became integral to the capture of the sea monster. First, explain how Catfish and Estelle first met, and how their relationship turned from friendship to a romantic connection. Emotionally, what was holding both Catfish and Estelle back from pursuing a romantic relationship? How did each of these characters overcome their emotional hurdles to eventually find love?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)