|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the biggest influence on the why the relationship between the narrator and the lover is ending?
2. What did the mother always take with her on her trips to France?
3. The mother took seasonal trips to France. Why wasn't the narrator invited?
4. What is the momentous turning point in the life of the narrator?
5. Who does the narrator mainly dance with at the nightclubs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The narrator gives us a detailed account of her relationship with the lover. It is in fact, as she describes, the turning point in her life. Discuss the impact of the relationship on the life of the narrator. Include aspects of her early, middle and later life. How might the narrator's life have been different had she never met the lover?
Essay Topic 2
Child prostitution is an undertone throughout the novel. Explain what exchanges are being made and why the relationship would be considered child prostitution. Who benefits from this situation? Who loses?
Essay Topic 3
Come up with a list of at least 5 literary devices that are used in the novel. For each one, define the literary device, identify its use in the novel, give a few examples of its use and explain the author's reason for using it.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)