|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator describe sex as being related to?
2. What group did the narrator join after the war?
(a) The Young Politicians.
(b) The Literary Guild.
(c) The French Socialist Party.
(d) The French Communist Party.
3. Why can't the narrator turn to her family for support in her isolation?
(a) They want to be friends with the lover.
(b) They are not aware of the relationship.
(c) They have kicked her out of the house.
(d) They are unsympathetic.
4. What would the mother do after she emerged from a depressive episode?
(a) Order a general house cleaning.
(b) Order more dresses for herself.
(c) Entertain friends in her home.
(d) Take the family to restaurants and nightclubs.
5. At the end of their relationship, what is true about the lover?
(a) His money has run out.
(b) His desire for the narrator is non-existent.
(c) He regrets the entire relationship.
(d) His desire for the narrator has not faded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the narrator and the lover first engage in sexual intercourse?
2. In segment 14, who is an American woman from Boston that runs a house in Paris?
3. According to the mother, what has the daughter done to her own life?
4. Who often weeps?
5. In segment 14, what does the narrator begin to flaunt while she is still in school?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)