|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the narrator finish high school?
2. Which word best describes the older brother?
3. Why can't the narrator turn to her family for support in her isolation?
(a) They want to be friends with the lover.
(b) They have kicked her out of the house.
(c) They are unsympathetic.
(d) They are not aware of the relationship.
4. What does Hélène Lagonelle talk often of during her conversations with the narrator?
(b) Getting married.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Running away.
5. How does the lover describe his life in Paris, where he was a student?
(a) He lived in idle indulgence.
(b) He worked hard at a job.
(c) He was depressed and withdrawn.
(d) He worked hard in his studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator describe sex as being related to?
2. Who does the narrator feel ruled by?
3. Who decided that the narrator's family should move to France?
4. How does the narrator describe the body of the lover?
5. What has happened to the narrator over the course of the relationship?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)