|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the lover pass on to the narrator on their last sexual encounter?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) A disease.
(c) His wisdom.
(d) His new address.
2. What two new characters do we meet in segment 14?
(a) Harriet Lagonelle and Marie-Claude Carpenter.
(b) Betty Carpenter and Marie-Claude Fernandez.
(c) Betty Fernandez and Hélène Lagonelle.
(d) Marie-Claude Carpenter and Betty Fernandez.
3. According to the narrator, what showed things as they really were?
(a) Photos taken in professional sessions.
(b) Her own memories.
(c) Portraits drawn by a professional artist.
(d) Photos taken by visitors or strangers.
4. Who actively supports the older brother's behavior?
(a) The lover.
(b) The narrator.
(c) The younger brother.
(d) The mother.
5. What subject was NOT discussed in the houses where the narrator took her meals and spent much time?
(d) The arts.
Short Answer Questions
1. The lover fears that the narrator only wants his _______.
2. In segment 13, who learns of the relationship and begins to attack it?
3. According to the mother, what has the daughter done to her own life?
4. How does the narrator describe the body of the lover?
5. What group did the narrator join after the war?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)