|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Segments 15, 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mother equate the narrator's awakening sexuality with?
(a) Being a teenager.
(b) Bad influences.
2. While living in the French colony of Chochinchina, in what city is the narrator's school located?
(a) Can Tho.
(d) Bien Hoa.
3. What is the relationship between the younger brother and the narrator after high school?
(a) They move to France to live together.
(b) They live far apart but visit often.
(c) They are separated for the rest of their lives.
(d) They become neighbors in Saigon.
4. Later in her life, whose photograph does the narrator see that reminds her of herself as the young woman on the ferry?
(a) Her twenty-year-old son.
(b) A friend from her childhood.
(c) A movie star of the day.
(d) Her mother as a young woman.
5. What contributed to the narrator's ravaged face?
(a) Smoking heavily.
(b) Drinking heavily.
(c) A fight with the older brother.
(d) An car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the younger brother die?
2. What does Hélène Lagonelle talk often of during her conversations with the narrator?
3. In segment 16, what does the narrator compare her life to?
4. What river does the ferry travel across that takes the narrator from her home to her school?
5. Who decided that the narrator's family should move to France?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)