|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Segments 15, 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who often joins the lover and the narrator at expensive restaurants and nightclubs?
(a) The narrator's family.
(b) The lover's father.
(d) Hélène Lagonelle.
2. Who does the narrator believe never knew the pleasure of sex?
(a) The mother.
(b) The father.
(c) The older brother.
3. As a young woman, the narrator was _________.
4. About how many years older than the narrator is the older brother?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 6 years.
5. Which best describes the body of the narrator?
(a) Youthful and thin.
(b) Mature and full.
(d) Short and stalky.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the mother die in the novel?
2. The major events recalled in the novel about the time the family lived in Chochinchina happen when the narrator is _________ years old.
3. According to the narrator, what showed things as they really were?
4. What does the lover fear will happen should the relationship become public?
5. Which word best describes the older brother?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)