|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Segment 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the father's death, what happens to the family property the mother invests in ?
(a) It isn't taken care of properly and falls into decay.
(b) Villagers set fire to it, and it becomes a wasteland.
(c) It is sold to a nearby village who builds a school on it.
(d) The lands thrive and the family makes money off of it.
2. What helps to awaken the narrator's sexuality?
(a) The mother.
(b) A play she sees.
(c) Her schooling.
(d) Her new clothing.
3. When does the narrator see imperfection in the lover?
(a) When he refuses to pay a restaurant bill.
(b) When he turns down the sexual advances of the narrator.
(c) When he becomes acquainted with the family.
(d) When he explains how his father amassed his wealth.
4. How does the mother earn money?
(a) By running French language schools.
(b) Through her property investments.
(c) By teaching French to students from her home.
(d) By selling her valuable possessions.
5. What does the lover have difficulty doing?
(a) Driving a car.
(b) Entertaining the narrator.
(c) Paying attention to the narrator.
(d) Expressing his feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator view Hélène Lagonelle?
2. Who does the narrator feel ruled by?
3. What does the narrator ride on to board the ferry?
4. How does the narrator think the younger brother died?
5. What type of courses does is the younger brother enrolled in?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)