|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Segment 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decided that the narrator's family should move to France?
(a) The mother.
(b) The narrator.
(c) The older brother.
(d) The lover's father.
2. During their relationship, the couple discusses many subjects. Which of the following subjects do they NOT discuss?
3. What style of man's hat does the narrator wear?
4. What is the mother obsessed with in regards to the narrator?
(a) Having her escape poverty.
(b) Having her marry the lover.
(c) Her being a great writer.
(d) Sending her to France.
5. About how old is the narrator when she last sees the property?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the novel, who does the mother favor?
2. In the novel, the mother is very concerned with the studies of her children and even attempts to plan the narrator's future. What does the mother decide that she wants the narrator to be?
3. What does the mother suffer from throughout the narrator's life?
4. Who does the narrator feel ruled by?
5. In contrast to what the mother plans, what does the narrator want to be?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)