|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Segments 10, 11, 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator feel about her situation as a "kept woman"?
(a) She feels ashamed.
(b) She finds it strange.
(c) She wants to tell her mother.
(d) She finds it comforting.
2. Where had the father been appointed to a new job before his death?
(a) Phnom Penh.
3. After the father's death, what happens to the family property the mother invests in ?
(a) It is sold to a nearby village who builds a school on it.
(b) The lands thrive and the family makes money off of it.
(c) Villagers set fire to it, and it becomes a wasteland.
(d) It isn't taken care of properly and falls into decay.
4. Who decided that the narrator's family should move to France?
(a) The lover's father.
(b) The mother.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The older brother.
5. What type of courses does is the younger brother enrolled in?
(a) Real Estate courses.
(b) Math courses.
(c) Bookkeeping courses.
(d) Science courses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator wear dresses?
2. Between which years do most of the action referred to in the novel take place?
3. Who does the narrator believe never knew the pleasure of sex?
4. How does the younger brother die?
5. What subject is the narrator less successful in?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)