1. In the beginning of the story, the narrator appears old and "ravaged." During what age period is it noted that her most rapid aging took place?
(a) 18 to 25.
(b) 30 to 40.
(c) 15 to 19.
(d) 25 to 30.
2. While living in the French colony of Chochinchina, in what city is the narrator's school located?
(b) Can Tho.
(c) Bien Hoa.
3. The major events recalled in the novel about the time the family lived in Chochinchina happen when the narrator is _________ years old.
(a) Eighteen and one half.
(b) Seventeen and one half.
(c) Sixteen and one half.
(d) Fifteen and one half.
4. Who in the novel is both physically and mentally abusive?
(a) The yonger brother.
(b) The narrator.
(c) The older brother.
(d) The mother.
5. The narrator has ____ older sibling(s).
6. The family in the story consists of white citizens residing in the colony of Chochinchina. Where is the family originally from?
This section contains 4,463 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)