|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like when Mr. Harvey and Jack work on Mr. Harvey's backyard project in Chapter 4?
2. What is Mr. Harvey's favorite dream to have?
3. What kinds of stories does Susie's father like to tell about his children?
4. What piece of Susie's clothing is also found by police?
5. How does Lindsey react to hearing that part of her sister's body has been found?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Harvey dispose of Susie's body?
2. What surprising advice does Ruana give Jack about what to do about his suspicions of Mr. Harvey?
3. What evidence does Jack give Detective Fenerman when he first calls to report Mr. Harvey as a suspect?
4. What does Susie's heaven have?
5. How do Buckley's family members respond when he mentions that he sees Susie all the time after her death?
6. What first makes Susie start to think that there might be other heavens other than just her own?
7. How do the police respond to Jack's constant phone calls about Mr. Harvey?
8. How is the reader supposed to interpret Lindsey's reaction to seeing Mr. Harvey at Susie's memorial?
9. Why does Grandma Lynn at first avoid Lindsey's questions about who her father suspects was involved in Susie's murder?
10. What treats do Susie and Holly find in their heavens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As The Lovely Bones progresses, the Salmon family continues to unravel. Discuss the main reason why the family unravels, what exact moment the unraveling begins, and when the unraveling is completed. Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout The Lovely Bones, there are many ghosts that come and go throughout the text. is the reader supposed to assume that they are real, or are they being used purely as a literary device? Use evidence from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
There are many characters that appear throughout The Lovely Bones. Discuss the pros and cons of having so many characters in a text.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)