|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Clarissa after Jack is attacked?
2. Who is Ruth Connors?
3. What are Susie's parents doing as Mr. Harvey is disposing of Susie's body?
4. What type of narration does The Lovely Bones display?
5. Who informs Susie's family that part of her body has been found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice did Mr. Harvey's father give to him about how to construct buildings?
2. How does Mr. Harvey react when Jack accuses him of being involved in his daughter's death?
3. Why does Jack become suspicious of Mr. Harvey's involvement in Susie's death?
4. What surprising advice does Ruana give Jack about what to do about his suspicions of Mr. Harvey?
5. Who is Claire?
6. When Lindsey and Ruth are up late talking about Susie at the symposium, what does Ruth say her bad dreams are about?
7. How does Susie respond to Buckley's claim that he can see her ghost?
8. What first makes Susie start to think that there might be other heavens other than just her own?
9. How do Buckley's family members respond when he mentions that he sees Susie all the time after her death?
10. How does Susie describe heaven?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Susie end up getting justice for her death? Explain why or why not, making sure to use evidence from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 12, Franny reminds Susie that her family can only move on when Susie lets them go. Discuss when exactly, if at all, this happens in The Lovely Bones, making sure to use specific examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Ruana's introduction into the text is quite complicated; she is simultaneously beautiful while suggesting hideous things. Present an argument, using at least three examples from the text, that Ruana is either a good OR a bad character. Make sure to support your position with quotes.
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)