|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nate respond to Buckley's comments about seeing his sister's ghost?
2. What does Ruth Connors steal out of Clarissa's locker?
3. What body part of Susie does a dog find?
4. What backyard project does Jack help Mr. Harvey with after Mr. Harvey has disposed of Susie's body?
5. Who is Lindsey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Ray and Ruth decide Susie must be happier after her murder?
2. What advice did Mr. Harvey's father give to him about how to construct buildings?
3. What does the reader learn about Susie from how easily she goes into Mr. Harvey's secret room?
4. What first makes Susie start to think that there might be other heavens other than just her own?
5. Who is Claire?
6. How does Ruth Connors begin expressing herself after she sees Susie's ghost?
7. After Susie's murder, Lindsey has a rough time at school. What is it about school that makes her so angry?
8. When was the last time Mr. Harvey saw his mother?
9. Why does Jack become suspicious of Mr. Harvey's involvement in Susie's death?
10. When Lindsey and Ruth are up late talking about Susie at the symposium, what does Lindsey say her bad dreams are about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As The Lovely Bones progresses, the Salmon family continues to unravel. Discuss the main reason why the family unravels, what exact moment the unraveling begins, and when the unraveling is completed. Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
There are many characters that appear throughout The Lovely Bones. Discuss the pros and cons of having so many characters in a text.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Susie remain in her heaven for so long? Make sure to discuss at least three reasons why, as well as what was eventually needed for her to leave. Use specific examples from the text.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)