|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes Jack aback the first time he sees Ruana?
2. What do the teachers change the final symposium project to the year Lindsey is in attendance?
3. Who is Ruth Connors?
4. Why does Mr. Harvey not want Jack's help with his backyard project?
5. What is Mr. Harvey's demeanor as he cleans himself up after the murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Susie referring to when she speaks of her "Evensong"?
2. After Susie's murder, Lindsey has a rough time at school. What is it about school that makes her so angry?
3. What surprising advice does Ruana give Jack about what to do about his suspicions of Mr. Harvey?
4. While visiting Jack in the hospital, what does Lindsey try to do to comfort him?
5. Why does Jack become suspicious of Mr. Harvey's involvement in Susie's death?
6. Why is the first picture Susie takes of her mother so memorable to Susie?
7. Why do Ray and Ruth decide Susie must be happier after her murder?
8. When Lindsey and Ruth are up late talking about Susie at the symposium, what does Ruth say her bad dreams are about?
9. What does the reader learn about Susie from how easily she goes into Mr. Harvey's secret room?
10. When was the last time Mr. Harvey saw his mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As The Lovely Bones progresses, the Salmon family continues to unravel. Discuss the main reason why the family unravels, what exact moment the unraveling begins, and when the unraveling is completed. Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Does Susie end up getting justice for her death? Explain why or why not, making sure to use evidence from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Susie remain in her heaven for so long? Make sure to discuss at least three reasons why, as well as what was eventually needed for her to leave. Use specific examples from the text.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)