|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Jack walk by Mr. Harvey's house?
(a) Several times a day.
2. Who is Grandma Lynn?
(a) Susie's grandmother.
(b) Susie's teacher.
(c) A nosy neighbor.
(d) Mr. Harvey's grandmother.
3. Where do Ruth and Ray spend a lot of time talking about Susie?
(a) At Ruth's house.
(b) In the cornfields where she was killed.
(c) At Ray's house.
(d) In the auditorium.
4. What does Mr. Harvey do to keep himself from killing children?
(a) Tries to get himself committed to jail.
(b) Kills animals.
(c) Gets psychological help.
(d) Tries to get himself committed to a hospital.
5. How does Nate respond to Buckley's comments about seeing his sister's ghost?
(a) He gets scared.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) He does not believe him.
(d) He asks a lot of questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hobby of Jack's does Susie also take an interest in?
2. How difficult was it for Mr. Harvey to lure Susie to his secret room?
3. Who comforts Jack when he is found sobbing in Susie's room after his emotions bubble to the surface for the first time after Susie's death?
4. When Buckley asks Nate if he sees his dead sister, what does Nate say?
5. How do the neighbors feel about Mr. Harvey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Harvey ultimately kill Susie?
2. How is the reader supposed to interpret Lindsey's reaction to seeing Mr. Harvey at Susie's memorial?
3. When Buckley keeps asking where his sister is immediately after her murder, why do his parents suggest going to the zoo?
4. After Susie is murdered, what does Jack want desperately from his dead daughter?
5. How does Susie respond to Buckley's claim that he can see her ghost?
6. After she tells of her own murder, what embarrassing story about Lindsey does Susie recall?
7. What treats do Susie and Holly find in their heavens?
8. After Susie's murder, Lindsey has a rough time at school. What is it about school that makes her so angry?
9. Why does Nate have such a hard time believing Buckley when he says he sees his sister's ghost?
10. When Samuel Heckler first meets the Salmon family, what does the reader learn about him?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)