|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susie do when she sees her father break down in her room for the first time since her death?
(a) She goes and cries to Franny.
(b) Nothing; she can only watch from heaven.
(c) She talks to him.
(d) She appears as a ghost to comfort him.
2. What is Mr. Harvey's favorite dream to have?
(a) The one about the Church of Transfiguration.
(b) The one about seeing his father for the last time.
(c) The one about seeing his mother for the last time.
(d) The one about Susie dying.
3. What book do the police find in the field where Susie was killed?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) A coloring book.
(c) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(d) A spelling book.
4. Which piece had Susie always used in the board game the family plays at Christmas?
(a) The shoe.
(b) The red pieces.
(c) The hat.
(d) She never really had a preference.
5. Who is Grandma Lynn?
(a) A nosy neighbor.
(b) Susie's grandmother.
(c) Mr. Harvey's grandmother.
(d) Susie's teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lindsey react to hearing that part of her sister's body has been found?
2. What happens to Clarissa after Jack is attacked?
3. How do the neighbors feel about Mr. Harvey?
4. Who does Ruth arrive at Susie's memorial with?
5. Who is Holly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jack become suspicious of Mr. Harvey's involvement in Susie's death?
2. When Lindsey and Ruth are up late talking about Susie at the symposium, what does Lindsey say her bad dreams are about?
3. What treats do Susie and Holly find in their heavens?
4. What does Susie's heaven have?
5. What advice did Mr. Harvey's father give to him about how to construct buildings?
6. Why is the first picture Susie takes of her mother so memorable to Susie?
7. While visiting Jack in the hospital, what does Lindsey try to do to comfort him?
8. How does Mr. Harvey ultimately kill Susie?
9. What does Jack's breaking of the ships in the bottle symbolize?
10. What tone does the first conversations between Susie and Franny have?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)