|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Harvey dispose of Susie's charm bracelet?
(a) Nowhere: he keeps it as a token.
(b) In the sinkhole.
(c) In his garbage can.
(d) In a construction site.
2. Which family member comes to live with the Salmons after Susie's death?
(a) Grandma Lynn.
(b) Uncle Frank.
(c) Aunt Lynn.
(d) Aunt Gertrude.
3. What is the usual final project for the symposium students?
(a) How to plan a perfect murder.
(b) How to build a better egg crate.
(c) How to build a bridge out of toothpicks.
(d) How to build a better mousetrap.
4. How does Susie respond, in heaven, to Jack's suspicions about Mr. Harvey at first?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is filled with a desire for revenge.
(c) She never finds out about his suspicions.
(d) She is worried about her father's mental health.
5. Who is Lindsey?
(a) Mr. Harvey's wife.
(b) Mr. Harvey's daughter.
(c) Susie Salmon's sister.
(d) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of stories does Susie's father like to tell about his children?
2. When Susie was still alive, why is Ruth Connors reprimanded for her drawings in art class?
3. Who is Ruth Connors?
4. What happens to Clarissa after Jack is attacked?
5. How old is Susie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jack become suspicious of Mr. Harvey's involvement in Susie's death?
2. Why do Ray and Ruth decide Susie must be happier after her murder?
3. When Samuel Heckler first meets the Salmon family, what does the reader learn about him?
4. How does Mr. Harvey react when Jack accuses him of being involved in his daughter's death?
5. What does Jack's breaking of the ships in the bottle symbolize?
6. When Buckley keeps asking where his sister is immediately after her murder, why do his parents suggest going to the zoo?
7. What does the reader learn about Susie from how easily she goes into Mr. Harvey's secret room?
8. How does Susie respond to Buckley's claim that he can see her ghost?
9. After Susie's murder, Lindsey has a rough time at school. What is it about school that makes her so angry?
10. Why does Nate have such a hard time believing Buckley when he says he sees his sister's ghost?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)