|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings Lindsey to the hospital to see Jack?
(b) Mr. Harvey.
2. What does Mr. Harvey do to keep himself from killing children?
(a) Tries to get himself committed to jail.
(b) Gets psychological help.
(c) Kills animals.
(d) Tries to get himself committed to a hospital.
3. Who is Ruana?
(a) Susie's aunt.
(b) The preacher's wife.
(c) Susie's teacher.
(d) Ray's mother.
4. When Buckley asks Nate if he sees his dead sister, what does Nate say?
(b) Only at his own house.
(c) Only at night.
5. Which piece had Susie always used in the board game the family plays at Christmas?
(a) She never really had a preference.
(b) The hat.
(c) The shoe.
(d) The red pieces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Det. Fenerman believe Mr. Harvey's late wife was called?
2. Who observes Jack's surgery as he is sewn back together after being attacked in the cornfield?
3. Who is the narrator of The Lovely Bones?
4. Which two characters kiss each other while visiting Jack in the hospital?
5. Which character tries to get Lindsey to talk about her emotions right after Susie dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Grandma Lynn at first avoid Lindsey's questions about who her father suspects was involved in Susie's murder?
2. How does Mr. Harvey dispose of Susie's body?
3. How does Mr. Harvey ultimately kill Susie?
4. When was the last time Mr. Harvey saw his mother?
5. How does Ruth Connors begin expressing herself after she sees Susie's ghost?
6. What does Susie's heaven have?
7. What first makes Susie start to think that there might be other heavens other than just her own?
8. What evidence does Jack give Detective Fenerman when he first calls to report Mr. Harvey as a suspect?
9. When Samuel Heckler first meets the Salmon family, what does the reader learn about him?
10. How does Susie describe heaven?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)