|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the neighbors feel about Mr. Harvey?
(a) That he is a fantastic handyman.
(b) That he is a bit strange and suspicious.
(c) That he is fun to have at parties.
(d) That he is shy but really very nice.
2. Which character informs the reader that Susie is not the first girl Mr. Harvey has killed?
(a) Susie herself.
3. What items does Lindsey stroke when she enters Susie's room for the first time after her death?
(a) Her favorite stuffed animal.
(b) Her quilt.
(c) Her clothes.
(d) Her trophies.
4. What animals run freely in Susie's heaven?
5. Who teaches Lindsey to put on make-up?
(a) Grandma Lynn.
(c) Aunt Gertrude.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Mr. Harvey use for the backyard project Jack is helping him with?
2. How does Susie respond, in heaven, to Jack's suspicions about Mr. Harvey at first?
3. What did Mr. Harvey's father do for a living?
4. What backyard project does Jack help Mr. Harvey with after Mr. Harvey has disposed of Susie's body?
5. What is Mr. Harvey's favorite dream to have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Grandma Lynn at first avoid Lindsey's questions about who her father suspects was involved in Susie's murder?
2. Why does Nate have such a hard time believing Buckley when he says he sees his sister's ghost?
3. What does Susie's heaven have?
4. What first makes Susie start to think that there might be other heavens other than just her own?
5. When Lindsey and Ruth are up late talking about Susie at the symposium, what does Lindsey say her bad dreams are about?
6. What surprising advice does Ruana give Jack about what to do about his suspicions of Mr. Harvey?
7. After Susie is murdered, what does Jack want desperately from his dead daughter?
8. How does Susie respond to Buckley's claim that he can see her ghost?
9. What advice did Mr. Harvey's father give to him about how to construct buildings?
10. When Lindsey and Ruth are up late talking about Susie at the symposium, what does Ruth say her bad dreams are about?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)