|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the neighbors feel about Mr. Harvey?
(a) That he is a bit strange and suspicious.
(b) That he is shy but really very nice.
(c) That he is fun to have at parties.
(d) That he is a fantastic handyman.
2. Which piece had Susie always used in the board game the family plays at Christmas?
(a) The hat.
(b) She never really had a preference.
(c) The shoe.
(d) The red pieces.
3. Who is Grandma Lynn?
(a) Susie's grandmother.
(b) Mr. Harvey's grandmother.
(c) Susie's teacher.
(d) A nosy neighbor.
4. Where does The Lovely Bones take place?
(a) It is never clear.
(b) A suburban area.
(c) A major urban area.
(d) On a ship.
5. Who documents Lindsey and Samuel's budding relationship in a diary?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Susie respond, in heaven, to Jack's suspicions about Mr. Harvey at first?
2. What is Mr. Harvey's favorite dream to have?
3. What board game do the Salmon family play on the first Christmas after Susie died?
4. What body part of Susie does a dog find?
5. What backyard project does Jack help Mr. Harvey with after Mr. Harvey has disposed of Susie's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. After she tells of her own murder, what embarrassing story about Lindsey does Susie recall?
2. After Susie is murdered, what does Jack want desperately from his dead daughter?
3. How does Ruth Connors begin expressing herself after she sees Susie's ghost?
4. Why does Grandma Lynn at first avoid Lindsey's questions about who her father suspects was involved in Susie's murder?
5. When Lindsey and Ruth are up late talking about Susie at the symposium, what does Ruth say her bad dreams are about?
6. Why do Ray and Ruth decide Susie must be happier after her murder?
7. What treats do Susie and Holly find in their heavens?
8. How does Susie describe heaven?
9. When Buckley keeps asking where his sister is immediately after her murder, why do his parents suggest going to the zoo?
10. How does Susie respond to Buckley's claim that he can see her ghost?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)