|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Harvey suggest Susie might have been killed when speaking to the police after Lindsey breaks into his house?
(a) In a secret room beneath the cornfield.
(b) In the Salmons' house.
(c) In the schoolyard.
(d) In a different county.
2. How does Buckley's kindergarten teacher treat him?
(a) Mean, until she realizes he is Susie's little brother.
(d) She just ignores him all the time.
3. What team does Lindsey train to join?
(a) The school track team.
(b) The boy's soccer team.
(c) The girl's basketball team.
(d) The girl's soccer team.
4. What does Susie want Lindsey to find in Mr. Harvey's house?
(a) A sketch of the cornfield where she was murdered.
(b) The knife that was used to kill her.
(c) Her charm bracelet.
(d) Her school picture.
5. Who officially tells Abigail that Jack is doing very badly after his confrontation with Buckley?
(a) Mr. Harvey.
6. Who does Ruth go to Susie's one-year memorial with?
(b) Mr. Harvey.
7. Where does Abigail go when she finally leaves her family?
(a) New Hampshire.
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New Mexico.
(d) New York.
8. How does the Salmon family react to Samuel and Lindsey's engagement?
(a) Some are happy, some are sad.
(b) They think they are too young.
(c) They are happy for them.
(d) They are very angry.
9. While at the sinkhole, what happens to Ruth after she asks Susie if she wants anything?
(a) She starts speaking in tongues.
(b) She blacks out.
(c) She dies.
(d) She sees Susie appear before her.
10. How does Abigail's relationship with Lynn change once Jack comes home from the hospital after his confrontation with Buckley?
(a) Grandma Lynn dies before they can make up.
(b) They become closer.
(c) They realize they will never be close.
(d) They have one huge fight and then make up.
11. What does Hal give Buckley for his 13th birthday?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) An encyclopedia set.
(c) A drum set.
(d) A photo album of pictures of Susie.
12. Where does Mr. Harvey often hang out when he leaves his house?
(a) Places where children hang out.
(c) Public places.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
13. Where do Susie (in Ruth's body) and Ray end up making love?
(a) In Hal Heckler's bike shop.
(b) On the edge of the sinkhole.
(c) In the Salmon house.
(d) In the woods.
14. When Susie sees Mr. Harvey's victims visiting him, what are they wearing?
(a) It depends on the person.
(b) Bloodied clothing.
(c) Clothes that Mr. Harvey wore when he was little.
(d) White gowns, like angels.
15. What items does Mr. Harvey remember stealing from memorials and graves with his mother?
(b) Gold teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susie do when she is tired of watching her family?
2. After Lindsey breaks into Mr. Harvey's house and Abigail calls Detective Fenerman, where do Abigail and Fenerman meet?
3. Why is Ruth so fascinated with the sinkhole?
4. Who is Jack asking for in the hospital after his confrontation with Buckley?
5. What eventually drives Mr. Harvey out of hiding in Chapter 20?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)