|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Abigail bring from California to her abandoned family?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) None of these answers are correct.
(c) Oranges from California.
(d) Wine from the winery she works at.
2. Where does Mr. Harvey suggest Susie might have been killed when speaking to the police after Lindsey breaks into his house?
(a) In a different county.
(b) In a secret room beneath the cornfield.
(c) In the Salmons' house.
(d) In the schoolyard.
3. Who does Susie see in her heaven after Buckley confronts Jack in Chapter 18?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her grandfather.
4. What does Susie, while in Ruth's body, say when Ray first asks who she is?
(a) She admits she is Susie right away.
(b) She says she is both Ruth and Susie at the same time.
(c) She pretends she is still Ruth.
(d) She is evasive.
5. While Ruth and Ray are sleeping after Susie has entered Ruth's body, what does Ruana bake to wake them up?
(a) Banana bread.
(b) Apple pie.
6. After Ruth and Ray become a couple again, what is the status of Ruana's relationship with Ray's father?
(a) She is having an affair with Federman.
(b) He has died.
(c) She is more in love with him than ever.
(d) She is contemplating getting a divorce.
7. At Susie's one-year memorial, who do the neighbors suspect of killing Susie?
(b) Mr. Harvey.
8. What does Abigail do with Buckley during her clandestine meeting with Fenerman after Mr. Harvey's house has been broken into?
(a) Hang out with other cops at the police station.
(b) Chat with a waitress at the diner.
(c) Go to a playground at the mall.
(d) Go to Grandma Lynn's house.
9. What happens to Jack in Chapter 18, after Buckley confronts him about how he has dealt with Susie's death?
(a) He has a heart attack.
(b) He kills himself.
(c) He hits Buckley.
(d) He leaves the family.
10. As Mr. Harvey becomes more and more haunted by his victims, where does he begin seeing them?
(a) Sitting next to him in his truck.
(b) In his house.
(c) In his bed.
(d) In the windows of the houses he drives by at night.
11. How does Abigail's relationship with Lynn change once Jack comes home from the hospital after his confrontation with Buckley?
(a) They become closer.
(b) They have one huge fight and then make up.
(c) They realize they will never be close.
(d) Grandma Lynn dies before they can make up.
12. Who does Jack think visits him in the hospital after his confrontation with Buckley?
(a) His parents.
(b) Mr. Harvey.
13. What character's visit to the Salmon family in the hospital, after Buckley has confronted Jack, makes the entire family tense?
(a) Mr. Harvey.
(b) Grandma Lynn.
14. Where does Abigail go when she finally leaves her family?
(a) New Hampshire.
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New Mexico.
(d) New York.
15. How does Ruana feel about Ray's relationship with Ruth?
(a) She feels good about it.
(b) She has always disliked Ruth and been very vocal about it.
(c) She has always disliked Ruth but never said anything.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the sinkhole is being filled in, who does Mr. Harvey see in the upstairs window of the Salmon house?
2. In Chapter 21, why does Abigail ask Fenerman to leave the hospital during his visit to see Jack?
3. What does Buckley want to use Susie's old shirts for?
4. Where does Samuel ask Lindsey to marry him?
5. What does Jack have surgically replaced after he is attacked in the cornfield?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)