|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Abigail bring from California to her abandoned family?
(a) None of these answers are correct.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Wine from the winery she works at.
(d) Oranges from California.
2. Who is Jack asking for in the hospital after his confrontation with Buckley?
(a) Abigail and Susie.
(b) Lindsey and Samuel.
(c) Lindsey and Buckley.
(d) Buckley and Susie.
3. What do the Salmons do when Ruana and Ray drop off a homemade treat for the family?
(a) They take the pie without saying anything.
(b) Ruana and Ray are invited in.
(c) The Salmons slam the door in their faces.
(d) The invite them in but then quickly urge them to leave.
4. What does Hal give Buckley for his 13th birthday?
(a) A drum set.
(b) A photo album of pictures of Susie.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) An encyclopedia set.
5. Who is Flora Hernandez?
(a) Mr. Harvey's grown daughter.
(b) Susie's roommate in heaven.
(c) Another girl killed by Mr. Harvey.
(d) Lindsey's new best friend at school.
6. Where does Samuel ask Lindsey to marry him?
(a) In front of her family.
(b) In their dorm room.
(c) In an abandoned house they find.
(d) In the cornfield where Susie died.
7. What does Susie want Lindsey to find in Mr. Harvey's house?
(a) A sketch of the cornfield where she was murdered.
(b) Her charm bracelet.
(c) Her school picture.
(d) The knife that was used to kill her.
8. Where does Mr. Harvey live after he leaves his house?
(a) In a nearby town.
(b) No one knows.
(c) In the wilderness.
(d) With his mother.
9. What does Ray end up studying as a career?
(d) Criminal justice.
10. Who officially tells Abigail that Jack is doing very badly after his confrontation with Buckley?
(d) Mr. Harvey.
11. What does Susie, while in Ruth's body, say when Ray first asks who she is?
(a) She admits she is Susie right away.
(b) She says she is both Ruth and Susie at the same time.
(c) She pretends she is still Ruth.
(d) She is evasive.
12. Why is Ruth so fascinated with the sinkhole?
(a) She doesn't understand how they work.
(b) She is convinced it is connected to Susie somehow.
(c) She studies them in college.
(d) She used to throw her poetry in it.
13. How does Lynn react to her mother's accusation that she is having an affair?
(a) She breaks down into tears.
(b) She gets furiously angry.
(c) She immediately stops speaking to her mother.
(d) She denies it.
14. What does Susie, while in Ruth's body, tell Ray to read?
(a) Her journals from when she was still alive.
(b) The bible.
(c) The newspaper the next day.
(d) Ruth's journals.
15. How old is Lindsey when she graduates from college?
Short Answer Questions
1. What team does Lindsey train to join?
2. While at the sinkhole, what happens to Ruth after she asks Susie if she wants anything?
3. While the sinkhole is being filled in, who does Mr. Harvey see in the upstairs window of the Salmon house?
4. By Chapter 20, as time goes on, what kinds of places does Mr. Harvey like to visit?
5. What illegal activity did a young Mr. Harvey do frequently with his mother?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)