|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eventually drives Mr. Harvey out of hiding in Chapter 20?
(a) His haunting dreams.
(b) He wants to confess to his sins.
(c) He is tired of being on the run.
(d) He has killed another kid and needs to leave.
2. Who does Abigail believe is the only person keeping Jack alive by Chapter 16?
3. What are Lindsey and Samuel riding in, that ultimately breaks down, when they are driving home after their graduation?
(a) A taxi.
(b) A car.
(c) A bus.
(d) A motorcycle.
4. Where does Mr. Harvey suggest Susie might have been killed when speaking to the police after Lindsey breaks into his house?
(a) In the schoolyard.
(b) In a different county.
(c) In the Salmons' house.
(d) In a secret room beneath the cornfield.
5. How does Buckley's kindergarten teacher treat him?
(a) She just ignores him all the time.
(c) Mean, until she realizes he is Susie's little brother.
6. Who officially tells Abigail that Jack is doing very badly after his confrontation with Buckley?
(a) Mr. Harvey.
7. How does Lynn react to her mother's accusation that she is having an affair?
(a) She breaks down into tears.
(b) She immediately stops speaking to her mother.
(c) She denies it.
(d) She gets furiously angry.
8. How does the Salmon family react to Samuel and Lindsey's engagement?
(a) Some are happy, some are sad.
(b) They are very angry.
(c) They think they are too young.
(d) They are happy for them.
9. Who is Jack asking for in the hospital after his confrontation with Buckley?
(a) Abigail and Susie.
(b) Lindsey and Buckley.
(c) Lindsey and Samuel.
(d) Buckley and Susie.
10. What date marks the anniversary of Susie's murder?
(a) December 12.
(b) December 25.
(c) December 5.
(d) December 2.
11. In California, how many children would Abigail say she has?
(c) She always avoided the question.
12. What gift does Abigail bring from California to her abandoned family?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Oranges from California.
(c) Wine from the winery she works at.
(d) None of these answers are correct.
13. What does Ruth wear as an art student?
(a) Lots of jeans and t-shirts.
(b) Dresses only.
(c) All black.
(d) Funky, bright clothes.
14. What family secret does Grandma Lynn confess to Abigail during their walk after Thanksgiving dinner?
(a) That she gave a child up for adoption.
(b) That her father didn't really die in a car accident.
(c) That Lynn's husband had an affair.
(d) That Abigail is not her biological daughter.
15. While the sinkhole is being filled in, who does Mr. Harvey see in the upstairs window of the Salmon house?
(a) His mother.
(d) All of his victims.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Susie see in her heaven after Buckley confronts Jack in Chapter 18?
2. What number on the back of Lindsey's shirt does Mr. Harvey see as she runs away from his house?
3. How old is Lindsey when she graduates from college?
4. What does Ray end up studying as a career?
5. During the one-year memorial, what are the neighbors doing to honor Susie?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)