|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Ruth and Ray become a couple again, what is the status of Ruana's relationship with Ray's father?
(a) She is more in love with him than ever.
(b) She is contemplating getting a divorce.
(c) He has died.
(d) She is having an affair with Federman.
2. During the one-year memorial, what are the neighbors doing to honor Susie?
(a) Looking for her body.
(b) Letting hundreds of balloons go.
(c) Singing songs and holding candles.
(d) Signing a card for the Salmon family.
3. Where does Ruth go to make a life as an artist?
(a) New York City.
4. Where does Mr. Harvey often hang out when he leaves his house?
(a) Public places.
(b) Places where children hang out.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
5. What item of Susie's does Fenerman finally get many years after her murder?
(a) Her charm bracelet.
(b) Her diary.
(c) Her school picture.
(d) Her backpack.
6. What memento does Fenerman give Abigail and Jack in the hospital?
(a) A picture of their family from a long time ago.
(b) Susie's secret diary.
(c) Mr. Harvey's sketch of the cornfield.
(d) Susie's charm bracelet.
7. How does the Salmon family react to Samuel and Lindsey's engagement?
(a) They are happy for them.
(b) They are very angry.
(c) They think they are too young.
(d) Some are happy, some are sad.
8. What does Susie want Lindsey to find in Mr. Harvey's house?
(a) The knife that was used to kill her.
(b) A sketch of the cornfield where she was murdered.
(c) Her charm bracelet.
(d) Her school picture.
9. What eventually drives Mr. Harvey out of hiding in Chapter 20?
(a) He has killed another kid and needs to leave.
(b) He is tired of being on the run.
(c) He wants to confess to his sins.
(d) His haunting dreams.
10. What does Ruth wear as an art student?
(a) Funky, bright clothes.
(b) Lots of jeans and t-shirts.
(c) All black.
(d) Dresses only.
11. In California, how many children would Abigail say she has?
(a) She always avoided the question.
12. Who officially tells Abigail that Jack is doing very badly after his confrontation with Buckley?
(b) Mr. Harvey.
13. What date marks the anniversary of Susie's murder?
(a) December 25.
(b) December 2.
(c) December 12.
(d) December 5.
14. Who does Abigail believe is the only person keeping Jack alive by Chapter 16?
15. What does Susie, while in Ruth's body, tell Ray to read?
(a) Ruth's journals.
(b) The bible.
(c) The newspaper the next day.
(d) Her journals from when she was still alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hal give Buckley for his 13th birthday?
2. In Chapter 21, why does Abigail ask Fenerman to leave the hospital during his visit to see Jack?
3. Where do Susie (in Ruth's body) and Ray end up making love?
4. Who does Ruth go to Susie's one-year memorial with?
5. What happens to Jack in Chapter 18, after Buckley confronts him about how he has dealt with Susie's death?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)