|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Joyboy arrange for Sambo's disposal?
(a) Happier Hunting Ground.
(b) He buries the cat himself.
(c) The vet's office.
(d) He buries the ferret himself.
2. What makes Aimée cry?
(a) The latest poem from Dennis.
(b) A story in a magazine about a cat.
(c) A story in a magazine about a dog.
(d) A picture she sees in the newspaper.
3. What does Mr. Joyboy say Dennis must do?
(a) Give Mr. Joyboy Dennis' word that he will leave Aimée alone.
(b) Help Mr. Joyboy figure out what to do.
(c) Pray to God for forgiveness.
(d) Take the job in the other city.
4. What does Mr. Slump reply to his secretary's information about Aimée?
(a) To tell her to marry the other guy.
(b) To tell her that she will find true love eventually.
(c) To tell her to dump the young man and be happy she learned before she marries him.
(d) Tell her not to write anymore.
5. What does Mr. Joyboy fear?
(a) His career will be ruined in the scandal.
(b) Mr. Joyboy will be arrested for murder.
(c) Dennis will convince Aimée that Mr. Joyboy is no good for her.
(d) Aimée will run off with Dennis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Slump disgusted?
2. What is Jungle Venom?
3. What advice does Mr. Slump give Aimée?
4. What does Mr. Joyboy begin to do?
5. What does Dennis tell Mr. Schultz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aimée write to the columnist about Dennis?
2. Who arrives when Dennis is training his replacement at Happier Hunting Grounds, and what does Dennis do with his trainee?
3. How is Mr. Slump described and what does he write to Aimée after she writes of her thoughts about Dennis?
4. Why does Aimée believe she will be writing her last letter to Guru Brahmin?
5. How does Aimée react to the latest love poem from Dennis, and what does she not realize about the poem?
6. What happens when Aimée calls Mr. Slump at a pub, and what does she do as a result of the conversation?
7. What do Dennis and Aimée do at Lovers' Nook?
8. Describe the conversation between Mr. Joyboy and Aimée concerning Dennis' poems.
9. Why are the other cosmeticians becoming jealous of Aimée?
10. What does Mr. Slump not know at the moment and how does he react to another letter from Aimée?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)