|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the secretary tell Mr. Slump about Aimée?
(a) She has been duped by her finacee.
(b) Aimée is moving back home.
(c) Aimée has asked for a job.
(d) Aimée has invited them to her wedding.
2. What gets a big notice in the mortician's trade journals?
(a) The engagement of Mr. Joyboy and Aimée.
(b) The takeover of Whispering Glades by a large conglomerate.
(c) A new cosmetic technique Aimée develops.
(d) A new embalming technique Mr. Joyboy develops.
3. Who is Guru Brahmin?
(a) The man who will officiate at the service for Sir Francis.
(b) A clown who works at the pet cemetery.
(c) A Buddhist monk.
(d) A columnist.
4. What does Mr. Joyboy begin to do?
(a) Shake Dennis awake.
(b) Hit Dennis.
(d) Plead with Aimée not to listen to Dennis.
5. Where is Mr. Slump when Aimée talks to him on the phone?
(a) A library.
(b) A bar.
(c) The newspaper office.
(d) His home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Joyboy arrange for Sambo's disposal?
2. What does Dennis continue to send Aimée?
3. What does Aimée recount in a letter?
4. What does Sir Ambrose urge Dennis to do?
5. What does Dennis do when Mr. Joyboy arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mr. Joyboy described as he improves the smile of a corpse?
2. Why is Mr. Joyboy fearful and what does Dennis realize Mr. Joyboy wants?
3. Describe Aimée's date with Mr. Joyboy to meet his mother.
4. How does Aimée react to the latest love poem from Dennis, and what does she not realize about the poem?
5. What does Mr. Slump not know at the moment and how does he react to another letter from Aimée?
6. What does Mr. Joyboy say about his mother when Aimée asks about her and how does this conversation lead to another discovery about Dennis?
7. What does Mr. Joyboy tell Dennis about Aimée?
8. What happens when Aimée calls Mr. Slump at a pub, and what does she do as a result of the conversation?
9. How is Mr. Slump described and what does he write to Aimée after she writes of her thoughts about Dennis?
10. What does Aimée write to the columnist about Dennis?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)