|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what does Dennis seem unnaturally interested?
(a) A young lady in the coffee shop.
(b) Aimée's sister.
(d) The details of Aimée's work.
2. What does Mr. Joyboy say about his mother's state of health when Aimée asks?
(a) She is sad that Sambo has died.
(b) She is in robust health.
(c) She is failing fast.
(d) She has meet a nice gentleman.
3. What specific details does Mr. Joyboy offer Dennis?
(a) Aimée left behind a note blaming Dennis.
(c) Aimée injected herself with cyanide.
(d) He is suing Dennis for plagerization.
4. What does Mr. Joyboy ask Aimée?
(a) If her fiancee works at the studio.
(b) If her fiancee is an Englishman.
(c) If her fiancee is a professor.
(d) If her fiancee has a sister with red hair.
5. What does Aimée write a note to Mr. Joyboy on one day?
(a) A piece of paper towel.
(b) A poem Dennis sends her.
(c) A make-up rag.
(d) A travel brochure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dennis realize about Mr. Joyboy's ramblings?
2. What of Aimée's is/are more lofty than her brain or body?
3. How is Guru Brahmin produced?
4. What does the secretary tell Mr. Slump about Aimée?
5. How long have Aimée and Dennis been engaged?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Joyboy tell Dennis about Aimée?
2. Why is Mr. Joyboy fearful and what does Dennis realize Mr. Joyboy wants?
3. What does the cricket club do in order to induce Dennis to return to England?
4. Why does Aimée believe she will be writing her last letter to Guru Brahmin?
5. How do Dennis' poems help Aimée feel better and what does she do with one of them?
6. What does Aimée say in her most recent letter Guru Brahmin?
7. Why has Aimée written a local newspaper columnist and what does he reply to her?
8. What does Mr. Joyboy say about his mother when Aimée asks about her and how does this conversation lead to another discovery about Dennis?
9. What does Mr. Slump not know at the moment and how does he react to another letter from Aimée?
10. What does the narrator explain about Aimée and where she was raised at the opening of this chapter?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)