|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through what does Dennis have to pass in order to reach the reception area in the mortuary?
(a) Several florist rooms.
(b) Several rooms full of grieving persons.
(c) Nothing; the reception area is right when he walks inside the building.
(d) Several rooms of caskets.
2. What does Barlow find difficult to believe about the funeral home's structure?
(a) That it's three-dimensional.
(b) That it's considered serene.
(c) That it's considered tasteful.
(d) That it's a funeral home.
3. What is one word that one of the Englishmen might use to describe Americans?
4. What is the name of the funeral home where Dennis goes?
(a) Whispering Glades.
(b) Last Rest.
(c) Eternal Rest.
(d) Whispering Hope.
5. What do the various zones on the grounds in the funeral home represent?
(a) The varying costs of burial.
(b) Where famous versus unknown people are buried.
(c) The separation of race and nationality.
(d) The cremated versus those whose bodies are buried.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in Sir Francis' office when he arrives at the studio?
2. Where does Dennis see a marble Mickey Mouse?
3. Who is Aimée Thanatogenos?
4. What is Dennis Barlow taking care of according to the Englishmen talking?
5. Besides cats, dogs and birds, what is one other animal Dennis has seen come through?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Orchid Room when Dennis visits Whispering Glades the day before Sir Francis' funeral.
2. What does Aimée reveal about herself when she encounters Dennis on the island?
3. Why does Sir Ambrose think Sir Francis loses his job?
4. What does the opening to Chapter 1 describe?
5. What does Dennis see as he walks among the graves?
6. Who comes through Whispering Glades to view Sir Francis' and who does not come through and why?
7. How does Barlow compare the facades of Hollywood sets to the front of Whispering Glades?
8. What do the men discuss about Juanita del Pablo?
9. About what does the author warn readers?
10. What does the recording say about the Church of St. Peter-without-the-walls in Oxford?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)