|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not pleased about Dennis' responsibilities concerning Sir Francis?
(a) Sir Ambrose.
(b) Mr. Schultz.
(c) Miss Rozwell.
(d) Sir Francis' ex-wife.
2. How long does it take Aimée to paint a body?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) About an hour.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) Several hours.
3. When is the first time Dennis Barlow sees a human corpse?
(a) When he is in the war in Italy.
(b) When he is 12.
(c) When he is 28.
(d) When he is 15 and his grandfather drowns.
4. What does Mr. Joyboy say puts a smile on his face?
(a) Perfecting his colors on a corpse.
(b) Knowing a corpse is going to Aimée.
(c) Seeing Aimée apply make-up so artistically.
(d) Making a homely person look beautiful.
5. What does Dennis learn about Sir Francis when trying to comply with Sir Ambrose's request?
(a) That the pen is inscribed with a woman's name.
(b) That Sir Francis has a third child who is illegitimate.
(c) That Sir Francis wrote a couple small books.
(d) That Sir Francis' father also committed suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the various zones on the grounds in the funeral home represent?
2. What is being piped through the speakers in the funeral home?
3. How does Dennis handle finding Sir Francis?
4. When will the most important studio figures visit Sir Francis?
5. What does Dennis decide to do for the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the men discuss about Juanita del Pablo?
2. What are the English expatriates talking about at the cricket club?
3. What does Dennis accomplish during his time in Italy?
4. How does Barlow compare the facades of Hollywood sets to the front of Whispering Glades?
5. What does Sir Francis Hinsley say about Americans?
6. What does the opening to Chapter 1 describe?
7. What does Dennis find when he enters the Slumber Room?
8. What does Sir Francis learn when he next arrives at the studio?
9. What does Mr. Joyboy say about working on infants?
10. What does Sir Ambrose ask of Dennis and what does Dennis find out about Sir Francis as a writer?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)