|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is poorly received by the studio heads?
(a) The new anti-communist guidelines.
(b) The biography that Sir Francis writes.
(c) A screen-play about a large woman.
(d) A screen-play about a pet coyote.
2. What did Sir Francis once work as?
(a) A cartoonist.
(b) A diplomat.
(c) The chief scriptwriter for a studio.
(d) An accountant.
3. How was his book received?
(a) It received very poor reviews.
(b) It was virtually ignored.
(c) It won literary prizes.
(d) He never published a book.
4. What does the receptionist ask Dennis that makes him visualize Sir Francis when Dennis finds him?
(a) If Sir Francis has a particular suit in which to be buried.
(b) If Sir Francis is white.
(d) If Sir Francis had any disfigurements Dennis would like hidden.
5. What is being piped through the speakers in the funeral home?
(a) "Hindu Love-song."
(b) "Our Father."
(c) A musical rendition of the 23rd psalm.
(d) "Amazing Grace."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Joyboy say puts a smile on his face?
2. Where is Sir Francis' body?
3. Who is delivering Sir Francis' corpse to the cosmetician?
4. Who is Barlow?
5. What does Dennis send to Sir Ambrose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the men discuss about Juanita del Pablo?
2. What does Sir Ambrose ask of Dennis and what does Dennis find out about Sir Francis as a writer?
3. What does Sir Francis Hinsley say about Americans?
4. What does Mr. Joyboy say about working on infants?
5. With what makeover is Sir Francis having difficulty?
6. What does Aimée think of Mr. Joyboy's work?
7. What does Aimée do to Sir Francis?
8. Why does Sir Ambrose think Sir Francis loses his job?
9. What does Dennis accomplish during his time in Italy?
10. What racist question does the secretary ask Dennis and how does he respond?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)