|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the various zones on the grounds in the funeral home represent?
(a) Where famous versus unknown people are buried.
(b) The separation of race and nationality.
(c) The varying costs of burial.
(d) The cremated versus those whose bodies are buried.
2. Where does Dennis go from the church?
(b) Lake Island.
(d) The studio.
3. Why is the person not pleased about Dennis' responsibilities?
(a) He thinks an older man should be responsible.
(b) She wanted to spit on her deceased ex-husband.
(c) The Happier Hunting Ground is very busy.
(d) She wanted to pick out Sir Francis' coffin.
4. Who is Ambrose Abercrombie?
(a) Someone who will be arriving soon.
(b) The bartender at the pub where the Englishmen are sitting.
(c) The proprietor of the pub where the Englishmen are sitting.
(d) A magician.
5. What does Dennis feel about Sir Francis' corpse?
(a) It is horrific and inhuman.
(b) He looks unhappy.
(c) It is a parody of Hollywood.
(d) It is serene looking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Juanita del Pablo?
2. How does Sir Francis have to get to work?
3. What is one word that one of the Englishmen might use to describe Americans?
4. Where is Dennis escorted when he calls on the funeral home the day before the service of Sir Francis?
5. Why does one man say Sir Francis is fired?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Orchid Room when Dennis visits Whispering Glades the day before Sir Francis' funeral.
2. Why is Mr. Schultz displeased with Dennis and how does Dennis try to convince Mr. Schultz to feel otherwise?
3. Who arrives and what does he say to Sir Francis?
4. How does Dennis respond to finding a dead Sir Francis?
5. What does Aimée think of Mr. Joyboy's work?
6. How does Barlow compare the facades of Hollywood sets to the front of Whispering Glades?
7. What racist question does the secretary ask Dennis and how does he respond?
8. What does Sir Francis learn when he next arrives at the studio?
9. What does Aimée do to Sir Francis?
10. Who is the cosmetician and what does she tell Dennis?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)