|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Joyboy say Dennis must do?
(a) Pray to God for forgiveness.
(b) Take the job in the other city.
(c) Give Mr. Joyboy Dennis' word that he will leave Aimée alone.
(d) Help Mr. Joyboy figure out what to do.
2. What poem is used at the Heart of the Bruce?
(a) One written by Robert Burns.
(b) One written by Wordsworth.
(c) One written by Browning.
(d) One written by Frost.
3. Who is in a foul mood?
(b) Mr. Slump.
(c) Mr. Joyboy.
4. Who is Guru Brahmin?
(a) The man who will officiate at the service for Sir Francis.
(b) A Buddhist monk.
(c) A columnist.
(d) A clown who works at the pet cemetery.
5. What of Aimée's is/are more lofty than her brain or body?
(a) Her hopes.
(b) Her beliefs.
(c) Her spirit.
(d) Her outlook.
6. What does Mr. Joyboy fear?
(a) Aimée will run off with Dennis.
(b) His career will be ruined in the scandal.
(c) Mr. Joyboy will be arrested for murder.
(d) Dennis will convince Aimée that Mr. Joyboy is no good for her.
7. Why is Mr. Slump disgusted?
(a) His secretary has fallen in love with the other Guru Brahmin.
(b) A young woman writes that she loves a man who is thirty years older than she.
(c) A young man writes that he loves another young man.
(d) There is another letter from Aimée.
8. What does Dennis realize about Mr. Joyboy's ramblings?
(a) Mr. Joyboy wants aid in disposing of Aimée's body.
(b) Mr. Joyboy probably killed Aimée in a fit of rage.
(c) Mr. Joyboy intends to tell the police Dennis killed Aimée.
(d) Mr. Joyboy is not totally sane.
9. What gets a big notice in the mortician's trade journals?
(a) A new cosmetic technique Aimée develops.
(b) The engagement of Mr. Joyboy and Aimée.
(c) A new embalming technique Mr. Joyboy develops.
(d) The takeover of Whispering Glades by a large conglomerate.
10. What does Dennis ask concerning Non-sectarian ministers and embalmers?
(a) If they both pay well.
(b) If they both must believe in God.
(c) If they are both worthwhile occupations.
(d) If they are social equals.
11. What does Dennis continue to send Aimée?
(a) Information about England.
12. Why does Dennis say he should be offended by Aimée?
(a) She did not recognize some of the best-known poetry in the English language.
(b) She has embarrassed him in front of his friends.
(c) She dumps him for a mortician.
(d) She is avoiding him.
13. How long have Aimée and Dennis been engaged?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 weeks.
14. What makes Aimée cry?
(a) A picture she sees in the newspaper.
(b) A story in a magazine about a dog.
(c) The latest poem from Dennis.
(d) A story in a magazine about a cat.
15. What does Mr. Joyboy begin to do?
(a) Plead with Aimée not to listen to Dennis.
(b) Shake Dennis awake.
(c) Hit Dennis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the secretary say about Aimée's decision?
2. What is Mr. Schultz's response to Dennis' request?
3. What funeral does Aimée agree to go to on Wednesday?
4. Of what does Dennis remind Aimée?
5. What does Dennis say is the drawback in Sir Ambrose's advice?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)