|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Slump say about what women cannot seem to do?
(a) Stand up for herself.
(b) Pick the right man.
(c) Let a man go.
(d) Concede defeat to another woman.
2. What has Dennis done for Aimée?
(a) Taken her to the movies a number of times.
(b) Send her clients.
(c) Written her wonderful poems.
(d) Helped paint her living room.
3. What is Jungle Venom?
(a) Perfume Aimée uses on her dinner date with Mr. Joyboy.
(b) The name of the poem Dennis writes for Aimée.
(c) The name of the poem Dennis writes for Sir Francis' children.
(d) The name of one of the books Mr. Francis wrote.
4. Of what does Dennis remind Aimée?
(b) That she is an honorable woman.
(c) That she once loved him.
(d) That she promised to marry him.
5. What has Aimée decided to do?
(a) Join a convent.
(b) Marry Dennis anyway.
(c) Look for someone besides her present two suitors.
(d) Marry Mr. Joyboy.
6. What does Dennis do when Mr. Joyboy arrives?
(a) Tries to hide.
(b) Sends the trainee out of the room.
(c) Offers him a seat and some coffee.
(d) Tells Aimée he'll be back.
7. Why are the other cosmeticians jealous of Aimée?
(a) Mr. Joyboy has promoted her.
(b) Dennis has been paying a lot of attention to her.
(c) Mr. Kenworthy has promoted her.
(d) Her bodies have better smiles than theirs.
8. Who do two gloomy men represent?
(a) No one.
(b) Sir Francis' children.
(c) Sir Ambrose.
(d) Guru Brahmin.
9. Of what is Mr. Slump tired?
(a) Writing a column.
(b) Getting letters from Aimée.
(c) His elderly father.
(d) His elderly mother.
10. What does Sir Ambrose say will damage the credibility of Englishmen in Hollywood?
(a) For Dennis to marry a mortician.
(b) For Dennis to become a non-sectarian minister.
(c) For Dennis to go into acting.
(d) For Dennis not to head the cricket team.
11. What does Mr. Joyboy say might help Dennis?
(a) A respectable job.
(b) A literary agent.
(c) Some prison time.
(d) A police man.
12. What does Mr. Joyboy ask Aimée?
(a) If her fiancee is an Englishman.
(b) If her fiancee is a professor.
(c) If her fiancee has a sister with red hair.
(d) If her fiancee works at the studio.
13. Where is Dennis at the opening of Chapter 10?
(a) The human mortuary.
(b) A cafe.
(c) Aimée's apartment.
(d) The Happier Hunting Groun.
14. Who does Mr. Slump say was being honorable?
(a) Mr. Joyboy.
(c) Mr. Kenworthy.
(d) Sir Ambrose.
15. To where does Dennis follow Aimée?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) The mortuary.
(c) Her mother's home.
(d) A Nutburger Cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Aimée and Dennis been engaged?
2. What does Aimée not realize about the poems Dennis gives her?
3. What does Mr. Slump do incessantly?
4. Where is Mr. Slump when Aimée talks to him on the phone?
5. What does Dennis realize about Mr. Joyboy's ramblings?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)