|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Joyboy say about his mother's state of health when Aimée asks?
(a) She is sad that Sambo has died.
(b) She is failing fast.
(c) She has meet a nice gentleman.
(d) She is in robust health.
2. What does Aimée ask a columnist?
(a) If she might be in love with Dennis.
(b) If her horoscope means she will die young.
(c) If she might be in love with Mr. Joyboy.
(d) If her horoscope means she will never marry.
3. What does Mr. Slump reply to his secretary's information about Aimée?
(a) Tell her not to write anymore.
(b) To tell her to dump the young man and be happy she learned before she marries him.
(c) To tell her that she will find true love eventually.
(d) To tell her to marry the other guy.
4. What does Dennis realize about Mr. Joyboy's ramblings?
(a) Mr. Joyboy is not totally sane.
(b) Mr. Joyboy wants aid in disposing of Aimée's body.
(c) Mr. Joyboy probably killed Aimée in a fit of rage.
(d) Mr. Joyboy intends to tell the police Dennis killed Aimée.
5. Why does Dennis recite a poem?
(a) To make Mr. Joyboy feel better.
(b) To commemorate Aimée's cremation.
(c) To show Aimée's spirit that he can write his own poetry.
(d) He does not recite a poem.
6. What is Mr. Slump's mental state?
(a) Scarcely sober.
(c) Mildly amused.
7. In what does Dennis seem unnaturally interested?
(a) Aimée's sister.
(b) The details of Aimée's work.
(c) A young lady in the coffee shop.
8. To whom does Mr. Joyboy want to introduce Aimée?
(a) His board of trustees.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) No one.
9. What is Mr. Joyboy's mother like?
(b) Crabby and demanding.
10. What does Aimée tell Mr. Joyboy when he wants to celebrate with her?
(a) She has a date.
(b) Her mother is ill.
(c) She is engaged.
(d) She is ill.
11. What is something that bothers Aimée about Dennis?
(a) He has bad breath.
(b) He is too tall.
(c) He has a bad temper.
(d) He can be unethical.
12. What does Dennis do as he is waiting for the fire to finish its work?
(a) Plays gin with Mr. Joyboy.
(b) Picks up a novel and starts reading.
(c) Plays poker with Mr. Joyboy.
13. What does Mr. Joyboy ask Aimée?
(a) If her fiancee is a professor.
(b) If her fiancee works at the studio.
(c) If her fiancee has a sister with red hair.
(d) If her fiancee is an Englishman.
14. What does the secretary tell Mr. Slump about Aimée?
(a) Aimée is moving back home.
(b) She has been duped by her finacee.
(c) Aimée has asked for a job.
(d) Aimée has invited them to her wedding.
15. How is Mr. Slump's appearance?
(a) A black eye.
(b) Ill shaven.
(c) Bruised about the face.
(d) Badly shaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dennis plagiarize?
2. What does Aimée tell Dennis that does not bother him?
3. What does Mr. Joyboy say Dennis must do?
4. Of what is Mr. Slump tired?
5. What does Dennis give to Aimée that strikes her as familiar?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)