|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Slump do?
(a) A disc jockey.
(b) Responds to letters from readers.
(c) A newspaper editor.
(d) An attorney.
2. What gives Aimée no doubt of what she will write in her final letter to Guru Brahmin?
(a) Her desire to do the right thing.
(b) Dennis' contrition.
(c) The knowledge of Mr. Joyboy as genuine.
(d) The exposure of Dennis as a fake and liar.
3. What does Sir Ambrose give Dennis before Sir Ambrose leaves?
(a) A train ticket.
(b) A note from the President of the Cricket Club.
(c) A diamond ring to pawn.
(d) A check.
4. What does Aimée suggest Mr. Joyboy do?
(a) Not take a girlfriend home to meet his mother.
(b) Ask out another one of the cosmetologists.
(c) Try to understand her feelings for Dennis.
(d) Learn to walk with better posture.
5. What specific details does Mr. Joyboy offer Dennis?
(a) He is suing Dennis for plagerization.
(b) Aimée left behind a note blaming Dennis.
(c) Aimée injected herself with cyanide.
6. To what does Aimée owe the shaping of her brain and body?
(a) A mishap when she is a toddler.
(b) Being raised in a strict Catholic home.
(c) A mild birth defect.
(d) Being raised in southern California.
7. Where is Mr. Slump when Aimée talks to him on the phone?
(a) A bar.
(b) A library.
(c) The newspaper office.
(d) His home.
8. What does Mr. Joyboy say might help Dennis?
(a) A police man.
(b) Some prison time.
(c) A respectable job.
(d) A literary agent.
9. What does Mr. Slump do incessantly?
(b) Blows his nose.
(d) Sucks on peppermint sticks.
10. What does Dennis continue to send Aimée?
(c) Information about England.
11. Where does Mr. Joyboy arrange for Sambo's disposal?
(a) The vet's office.
(b) Happier Hunting Ground.
(c) He buries the ferret himself.
(d) He buries the cat himself.
12. To whom does Mr. Joyboy want to introduce Aimée?
(a) His board of trustees.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His mother.
(d) No one.
13. What does Mr. Slump ask his secretary to do?
(a) Go purchase more whiskey.
(b) Make his reply to Aimée a little less terse.
(c) Go out with him.
(d) Make a new pot of coffee.
14. What does Mr. Joyboy say about his mother's state of health when Aimée asks?
(a) She is failing fast.
(b) She has meet a nice gentleman.
(c) She is sad that Sambo has died.
(d) She is in robust health.
15. Why does Mr. Slump drink whiskey?
(a) To stop his cough.
(b) To forget his miserable life.
(c) He is unhappy.
(d) He likes the taste.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Dennis remind Aimée?
2. What does Dennis tell Mr. Schultz?
3. What does Mr. Slump say about what women cannot seem to do?
4. Who is in a foul mood?
5. What does Mr. Joyboy begin to do?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)