|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sir Francis Hinsley?
(a) A person about whom the two Englishmen are making disparaging remarks.
(b) The director of a play in which the two Englishmen are acting.
(c) The elder of the two Englishmen.
(d) The younger of the two Englishmen.
2. What do some English expatriates talk about in the last scene?
(a) A new woman on the set.
(b) Their cricket club.
(c) A shake up in the studio.
(d) Their soccer club.
3. What does Sir Ambrose ask of Dennis?
(a) To find something that Sir Francis wrote to read at the funeral.
(b) To notify Sir Francis' two children.
(c) To give Sir Ambrose a particular pen that belonged to Sir Francis.
(d) To keep it out of the papers that Sir Francis kills himself.
4. Whose nationality is changed from Spanish to Celtic?
(b) Miss Poski.
(c) Juanita del Pablo.
(d) Sir Francis.
5. What does Dennis hear in the room where he is led?
(a) Someone sobbing.
(b) A recorded nightingale song.
(c) Someone laughing hysterically.
(d) An eerie scratching noise.
6. For how long does Dennis get a leave of absence?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 1 week.
(d) He is not given any time off.
7. How long does it take Aimée to paint a body?
(a) Several hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) About an hour.
(d) 30 minutes.
8. Through what does Dennis have to pass in order to reach the reception area in the mortuary?
(a) Several florist rooms.
(b) Several rooms full of grieving persons.
(c) Nothing; the reception area is right when he walks inside the building.
(d) Several rooms of caskets.
9. Where is Sir Francis' body?
(a) In the slumber room.
(b) At the police headquarters for a final disposition.
(c) Already at the church.
(d) In the Iris room.
10. What church does the recording that Dennis plays discuss?
(a) St. Peter-without-the-walls.
(b) Church of the Saved.
(c) St. Henry's.
(d) St. Paul's.
11. Besides cats, dogs and birds, what is one other animal Dennis has seen come through?
12. Who does Dennis tell that he is writing a poem?
(a) Sir Ambrose.
(c) Mr. Schultz.
(d) Mr. Joyboy.
13. Of what are the side aisles made in the church where Dennis visits?
(c) Balsa wood.
(d) Steel and glass.
14. Where does Dennis see a marble Mickey Mouse?
(a) In a picture hanging on a stone outside the front door.
(b) In a picture hanging in the vestry.
(c) In one of the side aisles of the church.
(d) In the graveyard.
15. What trophy is in the room where Dennis is escorted?
(a) Cricket Club's trophy.
(b) The Yacht cup of 1938.
(c) The Soccer Club Finals of 1942.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Ambrose admonish Sir Francis?
2. How is Mr. Joyboy's work as an embalmer considered?
3. Why is the person not pleased about Dennis' responsibilities?
4. At one time, what was Sir Francis the only one of in Hollywood?
5. What is one word that one of the Englishmen might use to describe Americans?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)