|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At one time, what was Sir Francis the only one of in Hollywood?
(a) An Englishman with the Queen's ear.
(b) A very wealthy and handsome English bachelor.
(c) Knighted personage.
(d) An expert on tax laws for British nationals in the United States.
2. What does Dennis learn about Sir Francis when trying to comply with Sir Ambrose's request?
(a) That Sir Francis' father also committed suicide.
(b) That Sir Francis wrote a couple small books.
(c) That Sir Francis has a third child who is illegitimate.
(d) That the pen is inscribed with a woman's name.
3. Who is Wilbur Kenworthy?
(a) An embalmer at the Eternal Rest home.
(b) A homeless man whose corpse is being prepared at the funeral home.
(c) A famous poet.
(d) A man who dreams of happiness.
4. What does Barlow go to pick up while he is at work?
(a) A dead man.
(b) A dead dog.
(c) A dead parrot.
(d) A dead cat.
5. Why is Dennis happy at his job?
(a) There are wonderful people working with him.
(b) It involves variety.
(c) The hours are great.
(d) It pays very well.
6. What is one thing said to be on the building of the funeral home?
(b) Bird droppings.
(d) Weather vanes.
7. When will the most important studio figures visit Sir Francis?
(a) They've been coming through all day.
(c) The day of the service.
(d) In the evening after work.
8. How long does it take Aimée to paint a body?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) Several hours.
(c) About an hour.
(d) 30 minutes.
9. How does Dennis handle finding Sir Francis?
(a) He is not greatly disturbed.
(b) He throws up.
(c) He laughs because Sir Francis has a tux on.
(d) He runs out of the house yelling.
10. What is the base like upon which Sir Francis' coffin is resting?
(b) Polished marble.
(c) Polished maple.
(d) Covered in flowers.
11. What trophy is in the room where Dennis is escorted?
(a) The Yacht cup of 1938.
(c) The Soccer Club Finals of 1942.
(d) Cricket Club's trophy.
12. What does Dennis place on the benches in the church?
(c) Printed name cards.
13. What is Mr. Joyboy's most outstanding feature?
(a) A booming, grating voice.
(b) A lovely voice.
(c) A pronounced limp.
(d) A prominent nose.
14. What church does the recording that Dennis plays discuss?
(a) Church of the Saved.
(b) St. Paul's.
(c) St. Henry's.
(d) St. Peter-without-the-walls.
15. What did Sir Francis once work as?
(a) A diplomat.
(b) The chief scriptwriter for a studio.
(c) A cartoonist.
(d) An accountant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aimée think of Mr. Joyboy's work on Sir Francis?
2. Who is delivering Sir Francis' corpse to the cosmetician?
3. What are the Englishmen drinking?
4. What does a porter announce?
5. What do the various zones on the grounds in the funeral home represent?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)