|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trophy is in the room where Dennis is escorted?
(a) Cricket Club's trophy.
(c) The Yacht cup of 1938.
(d) The Soccer Club Finals of 1942.
2. What does Mr. Joyboy say puts a smile on his face?
(a) Perfecting his colors on a corpse.
(b) Making a homely person look beautiful.
(c) Knowing a corpse is going to Aimée.
(d) Seeing Aimée apply make-up so artistically.
3. What church does the recording that Dennis plays discuss?
(a) St. Paul's.
(b) Church of the Saved.
(c) St. Henry's.
(d) St. Peter-without-the-walls.
4. How high are the letters carved into the marble slab at the funeral home?
(a) 3 inches.
(b) 3 feet.
(c) 6 inches.
(d) 1 foot.
5. What does Dennis send to Sir Ambrose?
(a) A picture of Sir Francis being knighted.
(b) A book written by Sir Francis and another man.
(c) The article Dennis finds in the sock drawer.
(d) A picture of Sir Francis with his illegitimate child.
6. What does Aimée think when Dennis gasps?
(a) He thinks Sir Francis looks ridiculous.
(b) It is admiration of her work.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He is overcome with emotion at Sir Francis' death.
7. Why does Aimée need to get photographs quickly of Sir Francis?
(a) His body is stiffening.
(b) His employer wants to post an announcement.
(c) Dennis is waiting.
(d) The newspaper is waiting.
8. Who is Ambrose Abercrombie?
(a) A magician.
(b) The proprietor of the pub where the Englishmen are sitting.
(c) The bartender at the pub where the Englishmen are sitting.
(d) Someone who will be arriving soon.
9. Where is Sir Francis' body?
(a) At the police headquarters for a final disposition.
(b) In the Iris room.
(c) In the slumber room.
(d) Already at the church.
10. What is Sir Ambrose's profession?
11. How is Mr. Joyboy's work as an embalmer considered?
12. Who is Juanita del Pablo?
(a) A Mexican opera singer.
(b) An actress.
(c) A novelist.
(d) A waitress.
13. At one time, what was Sir Francis the only one of in Hollywood?
(a) Knighted personage.
(b) An Englishman with the Queen's ear.
(c) A very wealthy and handsome English bachelor.
(d) An expert on tax laws for British nationals in the United States.
14. What does Sir Ambrose ask of Dennis?
(a) To find something that Sir Francis wrote to read at the funeral.
(b) To give Sir Ambrose a particular pen that belonged to Sir Francis.
(c) To notify Sir Francis' two children.
(d) To keep it out of the papers that Sir Francis kills himself.
15. What does Dennis decide to do for the funeral?
(a) Get his hair cut.
(b) Rent a suit.
(c) Write something to be read.
(d) Wear one of Sir Francis' suits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poet does Dennis quote?
2. What is Dennis Barlow taking care of according to the Englishmen talking?
3. Why is the person not pleased about Dennis' responsibilities?
4. What does Barlow go to pick up while he is at work?
5. Who is Aimée Thanatogenos?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)