|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the cosmetician described?
(a) As the consummate blond.
(b) As dark haired, pale, and greenish eyes.
(c) As vampirish.
(d) As gothic.
2. Who does the author suggest return the book unread to where they got it?
(a) Readers who are bigots.
(b) Readers who hate animals.
(c) Readers who are easily upset.
(d) Readers who hate America.
3. What does Mr. Schultz say he needs from Dennis more than good ideas?
(a) Hard work.
(c) A willingness to take a cut in pay.
4. What did Dennis do in World War II?
(a) He was an ambulance driver in England.
(b) He was in the Transport Command in Italy.
(c) He was a bomber pilot.
(d) He was not qualified to be in the military.
5. What do the various zones on the grounds in the funeral home represent?
(a) The varying costs of burial.
(b) The separation of race and nationality.
(c) The cremated versus those whose bodies are buried.
(d) Where famous versus unknown people are buried.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some English expatriates talk about in the last scene?
2. What is one natural scene described in Chapter 1?
3. What are the Englishmen drinking?
4. What did Dennis find difficult to believe when he first worked in Hollywood studios?
5. What is the name of the funeral home where Dennis goes?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)