|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Joyboy's most outstanding feature?
(a) A pronounced limp.
(b) A booming, grating voice.
(c) A prominent nose.
(d) A lovely voice.
2. What did Dennis do in World War II?
(a) He was a bomber pilot.
(b) He was not qualified to be in the military.
(c) He was in the Transport Command in Italy.
(d) He was an ambulance driver in England.
3. What does a porter announce?
(a) That Sir Francis turns out to be indigent.
(b) That the bodies of a woman and child have arrived.
(c) That the body of another Britishman has arrived.
(d) That the bodies of twins have arrived.
4. How was his book received?
(a) It won literary prizes.
(b) It received very poor reviews.
(c) It was virtually ignored.
(d) He never published a book.
5. What does Mr. Joyboy say puts a smile on his face?
(a) Making a homely person look beautiful.
(b) Perfecting his colors on a corpse.
(c) Seeing Aimée apply make-up so artistically.
(d) Knowing a corpse is going to Aimée.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Dennis get a leave of absence?
2. How is Mr. Joyboy's work as an embalmer considered?
3. Why is Dennis happy at his job?
4. Who is Dennis' boss?
5. What does the receptionist ask Dennis that makes him visualize Sir Francis when Dennis finds him?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)