|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Ambrose ask of Dennis?
(a) To keep it out of the papers that Sir Francis kills himself.
(b) To notify Sir Francis' two children.
(c) To find something that Sir Francis wrote to read at the funeral.
(d) To give Sir Ambrose a particular pen that belonged to Sir Francis.
2. What does Dennis hear in the room where he is led?
(a) Someone laughing hysterically.
(b) An eerie scratching noise.
(c) Someone sobbing.
(d) A recorded nightingale song.
3. When is the first time Dennis Barlow sees a human corpse?
(a) When he is in the war in Italy.
(b) When he is 12.
(c) When he is 28.
(d) When he is 15 and his grandfather drowns.
4. What has Barlow done recently?
(a) Quit his job as a screenwriter.
(c) Traveled back to England.
5. How was his book received?
(a) It was virtually ignored.
(b) He never published a book.
(c) It won literary prizes.
(d) It received very poor reviews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the various zones on the grounds in the funeral home represent?
2. What does Sir Francis' immediate supervisor tell him to do?
3. Who is Dennis' boss?
4. What is poorly received by the studio heads?
5. Whose nationality is changed from Spanish to Celtic?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)