|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dennis tell that he is writing a poem?
(b) Sir Ambrose.
(c) Mr. Joyboy.
(d) Mr. Schultz.
2. What church does the recording that Dennis plays discuss?
(a) Church of the Saved.
(b) St. Henry's.
(c) St. Paul's.
(d) St. Peter-without-the-walls.
3. Who is Mr. Joyboy?
(a) An elderly man who comes in to buy a casket for his wife.
(b) The janitor at the funeral home.
(c) A young man who comes in to buy a casket for his wife and child.
(d) The man who will make Sir Francis look wonderful.
4. What does Aimée tell Mr. Joyboy about what she wrote her note on?
(b) Her fiancee wrote the poem.
(c) She thought he'd appreciate the humor of using mortuary paper.
(d) It was all she had in her office.
5. What does Barlow find difficult to believe about the funeral home's structure?
(a) That it's three-dimensional.
(b) That it's considered tasteful.
(c) That it's a funeral home.
(d) That it's considered serene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the base like upon which Sir Francis' coffin is resting?
2. Through what does Dennis have to pass in order to reach the reception area in the mortuary?
3. What did Dennis find difficult to believe when he first worked in Hollywood studios?
4. What does Mr. Joyboy say might help Dennis?
5. What does Aimée think when Dennis gasps?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)