|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Joyboy say about his mother's state of health when Aimée asks?
(a) She has meet a nice gentleman.
(b) She is in robust health.
(c) She is failing fast.
(d) She is sad that Sambo has died.
2. Who is Mr. Joyboy?
(a) A young man who comes in to buy a casket for his wife and child.
(b) An elderly man who comes in to buy a casket for his wife.
(c) The man who will make Sir Francis look wonderful.
(d) The janitor at the funeral home.
3. How long have Aimée and Dennis been engaged?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 6 months.
4. What does Dennis hear in the room where he is led?
(a) Someone laughing hysterically.
(b) Someone sobbing.
(c) A recorded nightingale song.
(d) An eerie scratching noise.
5. Where is Dennis escorted when he calls on the funeral home the day before the service of Sir Francis?
(a) Orchid Room.
(b) The financial office.
(c) Iris Room.
(d) The embalming room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dennis feel about Sir Francis' corpse?
2. What funeral does Aimée agree to go to on Wednesday?
3. Where does Mr. Joyboy arrange for Sambo's disposal?
4. What church does the recording that Dennis plays discuss?
5. What does Aimée write a note to Mr. Joyboy on one day?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)