|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what are the side aisles made in the church where Dennis visits?
(c) Balsa wood.
(d) Steel and glass.
2. Why does Sir Ambrose drop by?
(a) To make Dennis leave and get some rest.
(b) To talk to the funeral director about money.
(c) To pay his respects for Sir Francis.
(d) To check on seating arrangements for the service.
3. What is one thing said to be on the building of the funeral home?
(b) Bird droppings.
(d) Weather vanes.
4. What does Dennis feel about Sir Francis' corpse?
(a) It is serene looking.
(b) He looks unhappy.
(c) It is a parody of Hollywood.
(d) It is horrific and inhuman.
5. When is the first time Dennis Barlow sees a human corpse?
(a) When he is 28.
(b) When he is in the war in Italy.
(c) When he is 15 and his grandfather drowns.
(d) When he is 12.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Dennis escorted when he calls on the funeral home the day before the service of Sir Francis?
2. What does Mr. Joyboy say might help Dennis?
3. Through what does Dennis have to pass in order to reach the reception area in the mortuary?
4. Where does Dennis go from the church?
5. What does Mr. Slump say about what women cannot seem to do?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)