|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in Xa?
(a) The base for a new campaign.
(b) Linh's extended family.
(c) Where the journalists go to relax.
(d) Darrow who is recuperating.
2. Where do Helen and Darrow visit?
(a) A Viet Cong strategy meeting.
(b) A French orphanage.
(c) A Red Cross camp for children.
(d) A Viet Cong training camp.
3. What does Darrow say he will do with Helen?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Leave Vietnam.
(c) Go north towards Hanoi.
(d) Create a photo history of the war.
4. What does Helen tell Darrow?
(a) She is accompanying the regiment that is moving north.
(b) She can't do this life anymore.
(c) She is leaving him for Robert.
(d) She is pregnant.
5. Who has Robert been dating?
(a) A Vietnamese woman.
(c) A Swiss nurse.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linh talk Helen into doing?
2. What does Linh say Darrow must be getting?
3. What can Helen see in Darrow?
4. What seems to fade into the distance for Helen?
5. What does Darrow want to do on the visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Linh and Helen go and what is happening with Darrow?
2. What did Linh do while away from Helen and Darrow?
3. What trip does Linh talk Helen into taking with him?
4. Describe the dinner Thao has for Linh.
5. Describe Helen and Darrow's visit to a Red Cross camp.
6. Who is Thao and what does she feel towards Linh and Helen?
7. What do Helen and Darrow discuss concerning Linh and his helping Helen?
8. How does Helen's teaching Linh to swim change something for Linh?
9. What happens when Helen goes out on assignment with Captain Olsen?
10. What does Darrow's wife win the right to do?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)