|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darrow say about himself?
(a) He hates the United States for starting this war.
(b) He is not married.
(c) He does not have a death wish.
(d) He is ill.
2. What happens to Samuels?
(a) He is wounded.
(b) He is shot and killed.
(c) He is sent home to the States.
(d) He is reassigned to Laos.
3. How does Linh decide he can pay tribute to Darrow?
(a) By going to the States and talking to Darrow's wife in person.
(b) By marrying Helen.
(c) By taking over Darrow's work.
(d) By sending Helen home.
4. What does Helen ask Robert?
(a) How he can leave Vietnam.
(b) If he is divorcing his wife.
(c) If he is taking the whole bureau with him.
(d) If he is serious about the Swiss nurse.
5. What does Helen say she needs of Linh?
(c) A lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Helen become involved while she is staying with Darrow?
2. When does Linh say he will return?
3. Who confronts Helen and Linh as they are traveling?
4. What does Darrow say he did not care about for a long time?
5. What does Thao wear to the dinner she prepares for Linh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with Robert?
2. What happens when Helen calls Tom?
3. What does Helen resent about Darrow?
4. Where do Linh and Helen go and what is happening with Darrow?
5. Where do Helen and Darrow stay? Who offers better quarters and what does Darrow say?
6. Describe the dinner Thao has for Linh.
7. What happens to Darrow and Anderson?
8. What happens to Helen that has Darrow telling her she is better off without belief?
9. What did Linh do while away from Helen and Darrow?
10. What does Darrow's wife win the right to do?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)