|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Darrow and Anderson get on a flight together?
(b) It goes down.
(c) They are kidnapped.
(d) They have a fight.
2. What does Linh say Darrow must be getting?
(a) Too meticulous.
3. What does Thao say the dinner is for that she makes Linh?
(a) No reason.
(b) To show him that his heart is still in Vietnam.
(c) To thank him for his kindness to her.
(d) To ask him an important question.
4. What does Helen learn about the Vietnamese?
(a) They are like Americans in more ways than not.
(b) They must be left to fend for themselves.
(c) They are indomitable.
(d) They are fragile.
5. Where do Helen and Darrow visit?
(a) A Red Cross camp for children.
(b) A Viet Cong strategy meeting.
(c) A Viet Cong training camp.
(d) A French orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Thao?
2. To what do Helen's thoughts eventually return?
3. What do some people wonder about Darrow?
4. Why was Darrow angry with Tanner?
5. Who has Robert been dating?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Tanner and Darrow get into a fight?
2. What happens with Robert?
3. What trip does Linh talk Helen into taking with him?
4. Where do Helen and Darrow stay? Who offers better quarters and what does Darrow say?
5. What happens to Darrow and Anderson?
6. What do Helen and Darrow discuss concerning Linh and his helping Helen?
7. Describe the dinner Thao has for Linh.
8. What happens when Helen goes out on assignment with Captain Olsen?
9. Where do Linh and Helen go and what is happening with Darrow?
10. How does Helen's teaching Linh to swim change something for Linh?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)