|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Helen become involved while she is staying with Darrow?
(a) One of the USAID men.
(b) The school.
(c) A food program for babies.
(d) Village life.
2. What happens when Darrow and Anderson get on a flight together?
(b) They have a fight.
(c) It goes down.
(d) They are kidnapped.
3. What does Darrow want to do on the visit?
(a) Adopt a child.
(b) Ask the Viet Cong what they want.
(c) Take pictures of the children.
(d) Find Linh's brother.
4. What does Helen learn about the Vietnamese?
(a) They are like Americans in more ways than not.
(b) They are indomitable.
(c) They are fragile.
(d) They must be left to fend for themselves.
5. What do Darrow and Tanner decide?
(a) To let bygones be bygones.
(b) To go their separate ways once they reach Saigon.
(c) To have a photo shooting contest.
(d) To play a game of chess to settle their argument.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Thao jealous?
2. What does Linh say having Helen around has done?
3. To what do Helen's thoughts eventually return?
4. What did Linh do while separated from Darrow and Helen?
5. What does Helen ask Robert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Helen and Darrow stay? Who offers better quarters and what does Darrow say?
2. What happens to Darrow and Anderson?
3. What do Annick and Helen discuss when she has dinner with Annick?
4. Describe the dinner Thao has for Linh.
5. What does Robert ask Helen and what is her response?
6. What did Linh do while away from Helen and Darrow?
7. What happens between Darrow and Tanner at the party and what does Darrow tell Helen about Tanner?
8. What does Linh wish things were like and why aren't they?
9. Why do Tanner and Darrow get into a fight?
10. What does Darrow's wife win the right to do?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)