|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Darrow and Anderson get on a flight together?
(b) It goes down.
(c) They have a fight.
(d) They are kidnapped.
2. What does Linh say having Helen around has done?
(a) Changed everything.
(b) Made life more interesting.
(c) Made it more difficult to be a good journalist.
(d) Given him a new perspective.
3. How long will it take Darrow's arm to heal?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
4. What seems to be receding to Helen?
(a) Her plan to stay emotionally aloof from the country.
(b) Her memories of her father's shame of her.
(c) The plan to return to the U. S.
(d) Her plan to win a Pulitzer.
5. Who does a soldier say were heroes?
(a) No one.
(b) Darrow and Linh.
(c) Darrow and Anderson.
(d) Anderson and the pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen resent?
2. Who gets into a fight at Robert's party?
3. What happens the morning after the summer festivities end?
4. What does Helen say she might have to make an excuse to do?
5. What does Linh say Darrow must be getting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Helen calls Tom?
2. What trip does Linh talk Helen into taking with him?
3. What happens when Helen goes out on assignment with Captain Olsen?
4. What do Annick and Helen discuss when she has dinner with Annick?
5. What do Helen and Darrow discuss concerning Linh and his helping Helen?
6. Describe the dinner Thao has for Linh.
7. What does Darrow tell Helen he has in Saigon and what does he say about his life?
8. What happens with Robert?
9. Describe Helen and Darrow's visit to a Red Cross camp.
10. What happens to Helen that has Darrow telling her she is better off without belief?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)