|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Helen and Darrow visit?
(a) A Viet Cong strategy meeting.
(b) A Red Cross camp for children.
(c) A French orphanage.
(d) A Viet Cong training camp.
2. What do some people wonder about Darrow?
(a) If he is deliberately cruel.
(b) If he deliberately puts himself in danger.
(c) If his luck is going to run out.
(d) If he will ever leave Vietnam.
3. Why is Thao jealous?
(a) She wants to go to the States like Mai Linh.
(b) She cannot get Linh's attention.
(c) She is jealous that Darrow is paying attention to Helen.
(d) She wants to be a photographer like Helen.
4. When does Linh say he will return?
(a) At the end of the month.
(b) In three months.
(c) In six months.
5. What does Darrow want to encourage Americans to do?
(a) Pressure the government to stop the war.
(b) Refuse to join the military.
(c) Send more money to rehabilitate wounded South Vietnamese soldiers.
(d) Send money to the Red Cross for the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Helen become involved while she is staying with Darrow?
2. What does Helen say she might have to make an excuse to do?
3. How many times has Darrow's helicopter gone down?
4. What does Darrow say about Helen to the USAID man?
5. What does Linh say Darrow must be getting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Helen and Darrow discuss concerning Linh and his helping Helen?
2. What happens when Helen calls Tom?
3. How does Helen's teaching Linh to swim change something for Linh?
4. Where do Helen and Darrow stay? Who offers better quarters and what does Darrow say?
5. What does Helen resent about Darrow?
6. Who is Thao and what does she feel towards Linh and Helen?
7. Describe the dinner Thao has for Linh.
8. What happens with Robert?
9. What happens between Darrow and Tanner at the party and what does Darrow tell Helen about Tanner?
10. What happens to Helen that has Darrow telling her she is better off without belief?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)