|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Helen become involved while she is staying with Darrow?
(a) The school.
(b) One of the USAID men.
(c) A food program for babies.
(d) Village life.
2. What can Helen see in Darrow?
(a) That he is very depressed.
(b) That he is taking chances.
(c) That he does not care for life anymore.
(d) That he values each moment more.
3. What stories does Linh tell children while he was away?
(a) About the mystery of life.
(b) About fairies.
(c) About peace.
(d) About Americans.
4. What does Linh say having Helen around has done?
(a) Changed everything.
(b) Made life more interesting.
(c) Made it more difficult to be a good journalist.
(d) Given him a new perspective.
5. What does Helen tell Darrow?
(a) She is leaving him for Robert.
(b) She is accompanying the regiment that is moving north.
(c) She can't do this life anymore.
(d) She is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Robert sent?
2. What seems to fade into the distance for Helen?
3. For what does Linh berate himself?
4. What does Helen learn about concerning Linh?
5. With whom does Helen dance at Robert's going away party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Linh do while away from Helen and Darrow?
2. What happens the morning after summer festivities and how does Helen feel about it?
3. What does Darrow's wife win the right to do?
4. What does Robert ask Helen and what is her response?
5. What do Helen and Robert discuss concerning Vietnam?
6. What happens to Darrow and Anderson?
7. What happens when Helen goes out on assignment with Captain Olsen?
8. What do Annick and Helen discuss when she has dinner with Annick?
9. Who is Thao and what does she feel towards Linh and Helen?
10. What does Helen resent about Darrow?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)