|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darrow say is the first thing to go when Helen talks to him?
2. What does Linh feel for the first time since Mai's death?
(b) The touch and kindness of another.
3. What does Darrow want to do on the visit?
(a) Ask the Viet Cong what they want.
(b) Adopt a child.
(c) Find Linh's brother.
(d) Take pictures of the children.
4. How long will it take Darrow's arm to heal?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
5. Who is Thao?
(a) Linh's sister.
(b) Helen's housekeeper.
(c) Darrow's contact with the Viet Cong.
(d) Linh's sister-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Linh berate himself?
2. Who does a soldier say were heroes?
3. What gesture does Helen make as they are confronted?
4. What does Helen notice about Gary when they return to Saigon?
5. Who has agreed to take care of Darrow while he heals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Helen and Robert discuss concerning Vietnam?
2. Why do Tanner and Darrow get into a fight?
3. What does Darrow's wife win the right to do?
4. Describe Helen and Darrow's visit to a Red Cross camp.
5. Who is Thao and what does she feel towards Linh and Helen?
6. What happens to Darrow and Anderson?
7. Where do Helen and Darrow stay? Who offers better quarters and what does Darrow say?
8. What does Darrow tell Helen he has in Saigon and what does he say about his life?
9. How does Helen's teaching Linh to swim change something for Linh?
10. What happens with Robert?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)