|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darrow say he did not care about for a long time?
(a) The Vietnamese.
(b) The country of his birth.
(c) His work.
(d) His life.
2. What does Robert say concerns him about Darrow?
(a) Darrow is too involved with the country.
(b) Darrow is destructive to his friends.
(c) Darrow takes unnecessary risks.
(d) Darrow is shut down emotionally.
3. What does Darrow say he will do with Helen?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Leave Vietnam.
(c) Create a photo history of the war.
(d) Go north towards Hanoi.
4. To what do Helen's thoughts eventually return?
(a) Her father's final words as she was leaving the States.
(b) Leaving Vietnam.
(c) Her brother.
(d) What has happened to some of the soldiers she met in the field.
5. What does Helen learn about concerning Linh?
(a) That he still has one child alive somewhere.
(b) The tragedy concerning his family.
(c) That he is a deserter.
(d) His connections with the Viet Cong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Helen see in Darrow?
2. What does Linh realize about Helen?
3. What does one of the USAID men offer Helen?
4. What does Helen notice about Gary when they return to Saigon?
5. Where is Robert sent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Thao and what does she feel towards Linh and Helen?
2. What happens between Darrow and Tanner at the party and what does Darrow tell Helen about Tanner?
3. What does Darrow's wife win the right to do?
4. What trip does Linh talk Helen into taking with him?
5. What did Linh do while away from Helen and Darrow?
6. What does Robert ask Helen and what is her response?
7. Where do Linh and Helen go and what is happening with Darrow?
8. What happens with Robert?
9. What does Darrow tell Helen he has in Saigon and what does he say about his life?
10. What does Linh wish things were like and why aren't they?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)