|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does a soldier say were heroes?
(a) Darrow and Linh.
(b) No one.
(c) Darrow and Anderson.
(d) Anderson and the pilot.
2. For what does Thao blame Helen?
(a) The children in the camp not getting enough money.
(b) Linh's being lost to Thao.
(c) That Linh is gone for long stretches of time.
(d) The men not paying attention to the Vietnamese women who are widows.
3. What does Helen resent?
(a) Darrow wanting her to leave.
(b) Darrow assuming she will stay with him.
(c) The two USAID men's sexism.
(d) Linh's patronizing.
4. For what does Linh berate himself?
(a) For being foolish.
(b) For deserting the military.
(c) For working for Americans.
(d) For leaving his son with his brother's family.
5. What does Helen say Robert would do if she agreed to his request?
(a) Be happy for a day only.
(b) Be tired of her within a week.
(c) Be sorry.
(d) Drop dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to be receding to Helen?
2. What does Linh say having Helen around has done?
3. What happens the morning after the summer festivities end?
4. What does Darrow say about himself?
5. Who is Thao?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert ask Helen and what is her response?
2. What did Linh do while away from Helen and Darrow?
3. What do Helen and Darrow discuss concerning Linh and his helping Helen?
4. What happens with Robert?
5. What do Helen and Robert discuss concerning Vietnam?
6. What trip does Linh talk Helen into taking with him?
7. Describe the dinner Thao has for Linh.
8. How does Helen's teaching Linh to swim change something for Linh?
9. What does Darrow's wife win the right to do?
10. What happens to Darrow and Anderson?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)