|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linh say Darrow must be getting?
(a) Too meticulous.
2. Why was Darrow angry with Tanner?
(a) Darrow believes Tanner is accepting bribes from the Viet Cong.
(b) Darrow believes Tanner exploited the Vietnamese.
(c) Darrow believes Tanner is rude to Helen.
(d) Darrow believes Tanner is rude to Linh.
3. Who confronts Helen and Linh as they are traveling?
(a) A squad of Viet Cong hit men.
(b) A group of American deserters.
(c) A boy soldier.
(d) A young woman with a baby.
4. What does Helen say Robert would do if she agreed to his request?
(a) Be tired of her within a week.
(b) Drop dead.
(c) Be sorry.
(d) Be happy for a day only.
5. What happens to Samuels?
(a) He is reassigned to Laos.
(b) He is sent home to the States.
(c) He is wounded.
(d) He is shot and killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linh talk Helen into doing?
2. What can Helen see in Darrow?
3. What does Helen ask Robert?
4. What does Helen say she might have to make an excuse to do?
5. What does Linh realize about Helen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Helen and Darrow discuss concerning Linh and his helping Helen?
2. What happens between Darrow and Tanner at the party and what does Darrow tell Helen about Tanner?
3. What does Linh wish things were like and why aren't they?
4. What happens to Helen that has Darrow telling her she is better off without belief?
5. What happens to Darrow and Anderson?
6. What trip does Linh talk Helen into taking with him?
7. Where do Helen and Darrow stay? Who offers better quarters and what does Darrow say?
8. What do Helen and Robert discuss concerning Vietnam?
9. What do Annick and Helen discuss when she has dinner with Annick?
10. What happens when Helen goes out on assignment with Captain Olsen?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)