|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What picture does Linh stare at while he is dreaming?
(a) One of his dead wife.
(b) One of Helen.
(c) One of his village in the early dawn before the war begins.
(d) One of his still-living child.
2. What does Darrow tell Helen he hates about himself?
(a) That he does not have the guts to leave Vietnam.
(b) That he has no feelings left.
(c) That he sometimes wants to ask Helen to marry him.
(d) That he sees himself in Tanner.
3. What offer does Linh refuse from Robert?
(a) A job and American citizenship.
(b) To be a correspondent in Burma.
(c) To fly to the States for Darrow's funeral.
(d) To be a correspondent in Thailand.
4. What does Darrow say he did not care about for a long time?
(a) His life.
(b) The country of his birth.
(c) The Vietnamese.
(d) His work.
5. What does Helen tell Darrow?
(a) She is accompanying the regiment that is moving north.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is leaving him for Robert.
(d) She can't do this life anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darrow say about himself?
2. Who has Robert been dating?
3. Who gets into a fight at Robert's party?
4. How long will it take Darrow's arm to heal?
5. Who fights with Tanner about taking the picture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Darrow and Anderson?
2. What do Helen and Robert discuss concerning Vietnam?
3. What happens to Helen that has Darrow telling her she is better off without belief?
4. What happens between Darrow and Tanner at the party and what does Darrow tell Helen about Tanner?
5. Why do Tanner and Darrow get into a fight?
6. What does Linh wish things were like and why aren't they?
7. Where do Helen and Darrow stay? Who offers better quarters and what does Darrow say?
8. What happens when Helen calls Tom?
9. What do Annick and Helen discuss when she has dinner with Annick?
10. What does Darrow's wife win the right to do?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)