|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stories does Linh tell children while he was away?
(a) About Americans.
(b) About fairies.
(c) About the mystery of life.
(d) About peace.
2. What does Linh say Darrow must be getting?
(b) Too meticulous.
3. Who is Thao?
(a) Darrow's contact with the Viet Cong.
(b) Linh's sister.
(c) Helen's housekeeper.
(d) Linh's sister-in-law.
4. What does Robert say concerns him about Darrow?
(a) Darrow is shut down emotionally.
(b) Darrow is too involved with the country.
(c) Darrow takes unnecessary risks.
(d) Darrow is destructive to his friends.
5. What gesture does Helen make as they are confronted?
(a) The Viet Cong gesture of defiance.
(b) The international peace sign.
(c) A swipe across her neck.
(d) One of covering her eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert ask Helen?
2. What does Helen notice about Gary when they return to Saigon?
3. Where do Helen and Darrow visit?
4. What does Linh tell Helen he cannot do?
5. What does Linh believe giving in to Thao's seduction will be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Helen calls Tom?
2. How does Helen's teaching Linh to swim change something for Linh?
3. What happens when Helen goes out on assignment with Captain Olsen?
4. What trip does Linh talk Helen into taking with him?
5. Where do Helen and Darrow stay? Who offers better quarters and what does Darrow say?
6. What does Helen resent about Darrow?
7. What does Darrow's wife win the right to do?
8. What do Helen and Darrow discuss concerning Linh and his helping Helen?
9. What does Linh wish things were like and why aren't they?
10. What happens to Helen that has Darrow telling her she is better off without belief?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)