|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer does Linh refuse from Robert?
(a) To be a correspondent in Burma.
(b) To fly to the States for Darrow's funeral.
(c) A job and American citizenship.
(d) To be a correspondent in Thailand.
2. What does Darrow say he did not care about for a long time?
(a) The Vietnamese.
(b) His life.
(c) The country of his birth.
(d) His work.
3. What does Thao wear to the dinner she prepares for Linh?
(a) A new outfit.
(b) One of Helen's dresses.
(c) Her village clothing.
(d) An American-style outfit.
4. Where do Helen and Darrow stay?
(a) In an abandoned hotel.
(b) In an old mess tent.
(c) In the mayor's abandoned home.
(d) In a shack.
5. What does Darrow want to encourage Americans to do?
(a) Send money to the Red Cross for the children.
(b) Pressure the government to stop the war.
(c) Send more money to rehabilitate wounded South Vietnamese soldiers.
(d) Refuse to join the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does a soldier say were heroes?
2. What does Linh wish about Darrow?
3. How many times has Darrow's helicopter gone down?
4. What did Linh do while separated from Darrow and Helen?
5. What picture does Linh stare at while he is dreaming?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)