|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Thao?
(a) Linh's sister.
(b) Helen's housekeeper.
(c) Darrow's contact with the Viet Cong.
(d) Linh's sister-in-law.
2. Who fights with Tanner about taking the picture?
(b) No one.
3. What gesture does Helen make as they are confronted?
(a) The international peace sign.
(b) One of covering her eyes.
(c) The Viet Cong gesture of defiance.
(d) A swipe across her neck.
4. What does Helen tell Darrow?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She can't do this life anymore.
(c) She is accompanying the regiment that is moving north.
(d) She is leaving him for Robert.
5. What does Tanner want to photograph along a road?
(a) An emaciated young man pulling a cart.
(b) A naked elderly woman.
(c) A dead baby along the road.
(d) A decapitated elderly man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Robert been dating?
2. What does one of the USAID men offer Helen?
3. What does Linh realize about Helen?
4. Where is Robert sent?
5. What does Linh tell Helen he cannot do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Helen and Darrow's visit to a Red Cross camp.
2. What do Helen and Robert discuss concerning Vietnam?
3. What happens the morning after summer festivities and how does Helen feel about it?
4. Why do Tanner and Darrow get into a fight?
5. What do Annick and Helen discuss when she has dinner with Annick?
6. What happens with Robert?
7. What happens to Helen that has Darrow telling her she is better off without belief?
8. Who is Thao and what does she feel towards Linh and Helen?
9. What happens when Helen calls Tom?
10. What trip does Linh talk Helen into taking with him?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)