|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Robert sent?
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
2. What does Helen learn about concerning Linh?
(a) His connections with the Viet Cong.
(b) That he is a deserter.
(c) The tragedy concerning his family.
(d) That he still has one child alive somewhere.
3. Where do Helen and Darrow stay?
(a) In an old mess tent.
(b) In an abandoned hotel.
(c) In the mayor's abandoned home.
(d) In a shack.
4. What does Helen tell Darrow?
(a) She can't do this life anymore.
(b) She is leaving him for Robert.
(c) She is accompanying the regiment that is moving north.
(d) She is pregnant.
5. How does Darrow say Helen should view Linh?
(a) As the enemy.
(b) As a spy.
(c) As her guardian angel.
(d) As a man from a very patriarchal culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen resent?
2. Who has Robert been dating?
3. Who has agreed to take care of Darrow while he heals?
4. What does Darrow tell Helen he hates about himself?
5. What is in Xa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Darrow and Tanner at the party and what does Darrow tell Helen about Tanner?
2. What trip does Linh talk Helen into taking with him?
3. Describe Helen and Darrow's visit to a Red Cross camp.
4. What happens when Helen calls Tom?
5. How does Helen's teaching Linh to swim change something for Linh?
6. What does Darrow tell Helen he has in Saigon and what does he say about his life?
7. What do Helen and Robert discuss concerning Vietnam?
8. Where do Linh and Helen go and what is happening with Darrow?
9. What does Linh wish things were like and why aren't they?
10. What do Helen and Darrow discuss concerning Linh and his helping Helen?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)