|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Thao blame Helen?
(a) That Linh is gone for long stretches of time.
(b) The children in the camp not getting enough money.
(c) Linh's being lost to Thao.
(d) The men not paying attention to the Vietnamese women who are widows.
2. What seems to be receding to Helen?
(a) Her memories of her father's shame of her.
(b) The plan to return to the U. S.
(c) Her plan to stay emotionally aloof from the country.
(d) Her plan to win a Pulitzer.
3. What do some people wonder about Darrow?
(a) If his luck is going to run out.
(b) If he is deliberately cruel.
(c) If he will ever leave Vietnam.
(d) If he deliberately puts himself in danger.
4. What picture does Linh stare at while he is dreaming?
(a) One of Helen.
(b) One of his still-living child.
(c) One of his dead wife.
(d) One of his village in the early dawn before the war begins.
5. What does Helen say Linh had done?
(a) Contacted an officer of the Viet Cong.
(b) Stopped her from going on the convoy that was destroyed.
(c) Exposed some of her film intentionally.
(d) Let information leak to the North Vietnamese press.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linh talk Helen into doing?
2. What does Linh say Darrow must be getting?
3. With whom does Helen dance at Robert's going away party?
4. What does Darrow say he did not care about for a long time?
5. What does Darrow say he will do with Helen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Tanner and Darrow get into a fight?
2. What happens when Helen goes out on assignment with Captain Olsen?
3. What does Linh wish things were like and why aren't they?
4. What happens to Helen that has Darrow telling her she is better off without belief?
5. How does Helen's teaching Linh to swim change something for Linh?
6. What happens to Darrow and Anderson?
7. What happens with Robert?
8. What does Robert ask Helen and what is her response?
9. What do Annick and Helen discuss when she has dinner with Annick?
10. Who is Thao and what does she feel towards Linh and Helen?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)