|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Linh do while separated from Darrow and Helen?
(a) Takes up painting.
(b) Visits his young son.
(c) Shoots some film himself.
(d) Visits his family village and visits Mr. Bao.
2. What does Linh realize about Helen?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) She will never love him.
(c) She is a fairy.
(d) She is not altogether present mentally.
3. What does Thao wear to the dinner she prepares for Linh?
(a) An American-style outfit.
(b) A new outfit.
(c) Her village clothing.
(d) One of Helen's dresses.
4. What does Tanner want to photograph along a road?
(a) An emaciated young man pulling a cart.
(b) A decapitated elderly man.
(c) A naked elderly woman.
(d) A dead baby along the road.
5. What does Linh tell Helen he cannot do?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Linh berate himself?
2. What gesture does Helen make as they are confronted?
3. What does Darrow say he did not care about for a long time?
4. What does Darrow say is the first thing to go when Helen talks to him?
5. What can Helen see in Darrow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the morning after summer festivities and how does Helen feel about it?
2. What does Darrow's wife win the right to do?
3. What does Robert ask Helen and what is her response?
4. What do Annick and Helen discuss when she has dinner with Annick?
5. What does Helen resent about Darrow?
6. Where do Linh and Helen go and what is happening with Darrow?
7. What do Helen and Darrow discuss concerning Linh and his helping Helen?
8. What happens when Helen calls Tom?
9. What do Helen and Robert discuss concerning Vietnam?
10. What happens with Robert?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)