|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens the morning after the summer festivities end?
(a) Linh is injured badly.
(b) Darrow is shot by accident.
(c) It is time to go back to Saigon.
(d) Helen learns she is pregnant.
2. What do some people wonder about Darrow?
(a) If his luck is going to run out.
(b) If he is deliberately cruel.
(c) If he deliberately puts himself in danger.
(d) If he will ever leave Vietnam.
3. What does Linh say having Helen around has done?
(a) Changed everything.
(b) Made it more difficult to be a good journalist.
(c) Given him a new perspective.
(d) Made life more interesting.
4. Who fights with Tanner about taking the picture?
(d) No one.
5. What does Darrow say about himself?
(a) He hates the United States for starting this war.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He does not have a death wish.
(d) He is not married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen notice about Gary when they return to Saigon?
2. What does Thao say the dinner is for that she makes Linh?
3. How does Linh decide he can pay tribute to Darrow?
4. What does Linh say Darrow must be getting?
5. Where is Robert sent?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helen's teaching Linh to swim change something for Linh?
2. What happens with Robert?
3. What trip does Linh talk Helen into taking with him?
4. Why do Tanner and Darrow get into a fight?
5. What happens to Darrow and Anderson?
6. What did Linh do while away from Helen and Darrow?
7. What do Helen and Robert discuss concerning Vietnam?
8. What happens when Helen calls Tom?
9. What do Annick and Helen discuss when she has dinner with Annick?
10. What happens between Darrow and Tanner at the party and what does Darrow tell Helen about Tanner?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)