|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stories does Linh tell children while he was away?
(a) About the mystery of life.
(b) About peace.
(c) About fairies.
(d) About Americans.
2. What does Helen tell Darrow?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is leaving him for Robert.
(c) She can't do this life anymore.
(d) She is accompanying the regiment that is moving north.
3. Where do Helen and Darrow stay?
(a) In the mayor's abandoned home.
(b) In a shack.
(c) In an abandoned hotel.
(d) In an old mess tent.
4. Who has Robert been dating?
(a) No one.
(b) A Swiss nurse.
(c) A Vietnamese woman.
5. What did Linh do while separated from Darrow and Helen?
(a) Visits his young son.
(b) Visits his family village and visits Mr. Bao.
(c) Takes up painting.
(d) Shoots some film himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darrow say about Helen to the USAID man?
2. What does Linh feel for the first time since Mai's death?
3. To what do Helen's thoughts eventually return?
4. What does Darrow want to do on the visit?
5. What does Linh say Darrow must be getting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Linh and Helen go and what is happening with Darrow?
2. Who is Thao and what does she feel towards Linh and Helen?
3. What does Robert ask Helen and what is her response?
4. What did Linh do while away from Helen and Darrow?
5. What happens to Darrow and Anderson?
6. What does Darrow tell Helen he has in Saigon and what does he say about his life?
7. Where do Helen and Darrow stay? Who offers better quarters and what does Darrow say?
8. Describe the dinner Thao has for Linh.
9. What do Helen and Darrow discuss concerning Linh and his helping Helen?
10. What does Linh wish things were like and why aren't they?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)