|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Helen and Darrow stay?
(a) In a shack.
(b) In an old mess tent.
(c) In an abandoned hotel.
(d) In the mayor's abandoned home.
2. What does Helen ask Robert?
(a) If he is divorcing his wife.
(b) If he is serious about the Swiss nurse.
(c) If he is taking the whole bureau with him.
(d) How he can leave Vietnam.
3. What offer does Linh refuse from Robert?
(a) A job and American citizenship.
(b) To fly to the States for Darrow's funeral.
(c) To be a correspondent in Thailand.
(d) To be a correspondent in Burma.
4. What did Linh do while separated from Darrow and Helen?
(a) Visits his family village and visits Mr. Bao.
(b) Takes up painting.
(c) Shoots some film himself.
(d) Visits his young son.
5. What does Linh believe giving in to Thao's seduction will be?
(a) A betrayal of his brother's memory.
(b) A betrayal of his feelings for Helen.
(c) A desecrettion of Mai's memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what do Helen's thoughts eventually return?
2. What does Linh say Darrow must be getting?
3. How many times has Darrow's helicopter gone down?
4. What happens the morning after the summer festivities end?
5. What does Helen say Robert would do if she agreed to his request?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Darrow and Anderson?
2. Describe the dinner Thao has for Linh.
3. What do Helen and Darrow discuss concerning Linh and his helping Helen?
4. What happens when Helen calls Tom?
5. What does Darrow's wife win the right to do?
6. Where do Linh and Helen go and what is happening with Darrow?
7. Describe Helen and Darrow's visit to a Red Cross camp.
8. What happens with Robert?
9. What does Darrow tell Helen he has in Saigon and what does he say about his life?
10. What does Linh wish things were like and why aren't they?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)