|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Linh berate himself?
(a) For working for Americans.
(b) For being foolish.
(c) For deserting the military.
(d) For leaving his son with his brother's family.
2. What does Linh say having Helen around has done?
(a) Given him a new perspective.
(b) Changed everything.
(c) Made life more interesting.
(d) Made it more difficult to be a good journalist.
3. What happens when Darrow and Anderson get on a flight together?
(a) They have a fight.
(b) They are kidnapped.
(c) It goes down.
4. What seems to be receding to Helen?
(a) Her plan to stay emotionally aloof from the country.
(b) The plan to return to the U. S.
(c) Her memories of her father's shame of her.
(d) Her plan to win a Pulitzer.
5. What does Helen say she might have to make an excuse to do?
(a) Go back to Saigon.
(b) Hire on with another magazine.
(c) Go back to the States.
(d) Leave Darrow because she is too emotionally involved.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Helen dance at Robert's going away party?
2. What does Linh tell Helen he cannot do?
3. Who fights with Tanner about taking the picture?
4. How long will it take Darrow's arm to heal?
5. What does Robert say concerns him about Darrow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Darrow and Tanner at the party and what does Darrow tell Helen about Tanner?
2. What happens when Helen calls Tom?
3. What do Annick and Helen discuss when she has dinner with Annick?
4. What do Helen and Robert discuss concerning Vietnam?
5. What does Robert ask Helen and what is her response?
6. How does Helen's teaching Linh to swim change something for Linh?
7. Who is Thao and what does she feel towards Linh and Helen?
8. What does Darrow's wife win the right to do?
9. What does Helen resent about Darrow?
10. Why do Tanner and Darrow get into a fight?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)