|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to fade into the distance for Helen?
(a) Her life with her fiance.
(b) Her life in the United States.
(c) The war.
(d) Her pain at her brother's death.
2. What does Helen say she might have to make an excuse to do?
(a) Go back to the States.
(b) Go back to Saigon.
(c) Hire on with another magazine.
(d) Leave Darrow because she is too emotionally involved.
3. What do some people wonder about Darrow?
(a) If he is deliberately cruel.
(b) If he will ever leave Vietnam.
(c) If his luck is going to run out.
(d) If he deliberately puts himself in danger.
4. What happens when Darrow and Anderson get on a flight together?
(b) It goes down.
(c) They are kidnapped.
(d) They have a fight.
5. For what does Thao blame Helen?
(a) The men not paying attention to the Vietnamese women who are widows.
(b) The children in the camp not getting enough money.
(c) Linh's being lost to Thao.
(d) That Linh is gone for long stretches of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linh realize about Helen?
2. What does Helen say Robert would do if she agreed to his request?
3. What can Helen see in Darrow?
4. What does Linh believe giving in to Thao's seduction will be?
5. What does Darrow tell Helen he hates about himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Helen and Darrow discuss concerning Linh and his helping Helen?
2. What happens to Helen that has Darrow telling her she is better off without belief?
3. What does Robert ask Helen and what is her response?
4. What happens to Darrow and Anderson?
5. What happens when Helen goes out on assignment with Captain Olsen?
6. What happens when Helen calls Tom?
7. How does Helen's teaching Linh to swim change something for Linh?
8. What did Linh do while away from Helen and Darrow?
9. Where do Helen and Darrow stay? Who offers better quarters and what does Darrow say?
10. Where do Linh and Helen go and what is happening with Darrow?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)