|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darrow call Helen when he meets her?
(a) A child playing with fire.
(b) A scheming female.
(c) A looky-loo.
(d) A great addition.
2. What job does Helen have in Saigon?
(a) She has no job but is married to a Vietnamese.
(c) USO performer.
(d) Civilian secretary for the army.
3. What do the taxis in Saigon look like?
(a) White and red Renaults.
(b) Blue and white Renaults.
(c) Green and black Toyotas.
(d) They vary.
4. What is Helen's first assignment from Gary?
(a) To interview the American Ambassador.
(b) To take pictures of peaceful places in Saigon.
(c) To cover the Buddhist strikes.
(d) To write a report on Vietnamese families and the war.
5. What does a soldier say about the Vietnamese and life?
(a) They believe life is sacred.
(b) They do not value it like Americans.
(c) They have no life with the war in their country.
(d) Nothing is said about the Vietnamese and life.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Linh first spot Helen?
2. What happens to MacCrae a few weeks after Helen meets him?
3. What does Darrow tell Helen during Christmas dinner?
4. What does Linh feel Helen is doing to him?
5. How does Darrow get the Lieutenant to do what Darrow wants?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Linh end up working for the North?
2. Why does Darrow worry about Helen?
3. Why did Helen's brother go to Vietnam?
4. How does Helen finally get to be seen like one of the boys?
5. What was Linh's life like before he was drafted into the army?
6. How does Helen feel about her relationship with Darrow and how does Darrow feel about it?
7. How does Linh feel when he sees a picture of Helen and Darrow and why does he feel that way? What does he think about the picture?
8. How did Linh end up working for Sam Darrow?
9. Why is Helen stopped on the street and what happens when she is stopped?
10. What happens and who does Helen meet the first time she goes into the field with Darrow?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)