|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is done to Helen when she is stopped?
(b) She is arrested.
(c) She is hit on the head.
(d) She is taken to a safe place.
2. What does Linh say when Darrow mentions Linh is using a different name?
(a) That other man is dead.
(b) He always hated his given name.
(c) The first name was false.
3. Why do the journalists feel ashamed when coming back from a shoot?
(a) Because they are exploiting tragedy.
(b) They never seem to get a really great picture.
(c) They compete so much.
(d) They are embarrassed by the soldiers' behavior.
4. In what kind of unit was Helen's brother?
(b) The elite corps.
5. How long has Helen been in Vietnam?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Almost ten years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Michael go to Vietnam?
2. How does Darrow get the Lieutenant to do what Darrow wants?
3. How does Linh feel when he sees a picture of Helen and Darrow on Darrow's table?
4. Why is Helen rushing to meet Robert?
5. What is Helen's brother's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Helen meet up with and what does one of the men say to her?
2. Where do Helen and Darrow stay? Who offers better quarters and what does Darrow say?
3. Why do Tanner and Darrow get into a fight?
4. What is the final, miraculous image of the story?
5. What happens when Linh meets his first American?
6. What do Helen and Robert discuss concerning Vietnam?
7. What do Annick and Helen discuss when she has dinner with Annick?
8. How does Linh end up working for the North?
9. What do Helen and Darrow discuss concerning Linh and his helping Helen?
10. Describe the dinner Thao has for Linh.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)