|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Bao know about Linh?
(a) That Linh speaks English.
(b) That Linh wants to secretly kill Darrow.
(c) That Linh is a deserter.
(d) That Linh's family is alive.
2. How did Helen get into the field without Darrow?
(a) She found a Lieutenant who was sympathetic.
(b) She followed soldiers in a taxi.
(c) Taking army journalist junkets.
(d) She forged press credentials.
3. What happens to MacCrae a few weeks after Helen meets him?
(a) He loses his sight.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is transferred to Cambodia.
(d) He is sent home.
4. Who teaches Helen about darkroom operation?
5. Why is Helen rushing to meet Robert?
(a) He knows something about her brother.
(b) He is going to take her to a battle.
(c) He has film for her.
(d) She is late for a date with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Helen's brother's name?
2. Who does Helen meet at the river?
3. Why is Helen worried when she does not hear from Darrow?
4. What does Helen hear when she wakes that morning?
5. Why is Helen angry at Darrow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Helen meet up with and what does one of the men say to her?
2. What is Helen doing in the streets of Saigon when the novel opens and what does she see and do?
3. What does Darrow tell Helen he has in Saigon and what does he say about his life?
4. What did Linh do while away from Helen and Darrow?
5. Who does Helen meet at the river and what do they discuss?
6. What does Linh think about concerning his heart?
7. Why is Helen stopped on the street and what happens when she is stopped?
8. Why does Darrow worry about Helen?
9. How does Helen feel about her relationship with Darrow and how does Darrow feel about it?
10. Why do Tanner and Darrow get into a fight?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)