|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linh feel Helen is doing to him?
(a) Pushing him beyond his limits.
(b) Making him wonder if Vietnamese men treat their women wrong.
(c) Making him fall in love with her.
(d) Making him feel better about Americans.
2. What does Helen think she needs to do if she is going to survive Vietnam?
(a) Get a flak vest and helmet.
(b) Pretend to be a communist sympathizer.
(c) Stay out of the front lines.
(d) Make friends with others in Saigon.
3. From what story did the quote about the Lotus Eaters come?
(a) The Odessey.
(b) Call of the Wild.
(c) Star Wars.
(d) Jane Eyre.
4. Why is Helen stopped in the street?
(a) She looks like she is rich.
(b) Because her face is not covered and she is female.
(c) Because she is carrying a camera.
(d) Because she is a black woman.
5. Why is Darrow arguing with a Lieutenant in Chapter 4?
(a) He says Darrow's camera equipment is too heavy.
(b) He wants a date with Helen.
(c) He will not let Helen on the helicopter.
(d) He wants Darrow to give him a bribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Linh sent when he answered a Help Wanted ad?
2. With what does Helen ask Darrow for help?
3. What does Bao require Linh to do?
4. What does Darrow call Helen when he meets her?
5. Why is Chuong allowed to stay in Helen's apartment building?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helen meet Darrow and what happens when she does?
2. How does Helen feel about her relationship with Darrow and how does Darrow feel about it?
3. Who does Helen meet at the river and what do they discuss?
4. Why did Helen's brother go to Vietnam?
5. How does Linh feel when he sees a picture of Helen and Darrow and why does he feel that way? What does he think about the picture?
6. What happens in the evening of Helen's first trip into the field?
7. Who does Helen meet in the Special Forces and what does she learn from him and what happens to him?
8. How does Helen meet Annick and what happens when she does?
9. Why does Darrow worry about Helen?
10. What happens when Helen and Linh board a medical helicopter?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)