|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Helen stopped in the street?
(a) Because her face is not covered and she is female.
(b) Because she is a black woman.
(c) Because she is carrying a camera.
(d) She looks like she is rich.
2. Where was Linh sent when he answered a Help Wanted ad?
(c) A U.S. army base in Saigon.
(d) The Philippines.
3. Who teaches Helen about darkroom operation?
4. In what kind of unit was Helen's brother?
(c) The elite corps.
5. How long has Helen been in Vietnam?
(a) Almost ten years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Darrow arguing with a Lieutenant in Chapter 4?
2. What does Helen think she needs to do if she is going to survive Vietnam?
3. What does Darrow tell Helen during Christmas dinner?
4. With what does Helen ask Darrow for help?
5. What does Linh say when Darrow mentions Linh is using a different name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Helen's first assignment from Gary?
2. What is Helen doing in the streets of Saigon when the novel opens and what does she see and do?
3. How does Linh feel when he sees a picture of Helen and Darrow and why does he feel that way? What does he think about the picture?
4. What happens when Helen and Linh board a medical helicopter?
5. How does Linh end up working for the North?
6. What happens when Helen and Linh arrive at the embassy?
7. What have Helen and Linh been doing for three years and why?
8. What happens in the evening of Helen's first trip into the field?
9. How does Helen survive in Saigon without Darrow?
10. What does Helen do with her bags in the motel and why does she do it?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)