|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Saigon in chaos?
(a) The mayor of Saigon has died.
(b) The Comnmunists are on the outskirts of the city.
(c) The Americans have surrounded the city.
(d) There is an ongoing drought.
2. How does Linh feel when he sees a picture of Helen and Darrow on Darrow's table?
(c) Surprised and jealous.
3. What does Jack say everyone is interested in as far as Helen is concerned?
(a) Sending her back to the states.
(b) Sleeping with her.
(c) Seeing her fail.
(d) Helping her find her brother.
4. What worries Darrow about Helen the most?
(a) That she will stay in Vietnam too long.
(b) That she really is pregnant.
(c) That she will be killed.
(d) That she will find someone else.
5. What does Linh say when Darrow mentions Linh is using a different name?
(a) He always hated his given name.
(b) That other man is dead.
(c) The first name was false.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of stories did Helen do on Cambodia?
2. Why is Chuong allowed to stay in Helen's apartment building?
3. Why does a Captain jump on Helen when she steps forward to take a picture of a grandfather?
4. Who does Helen meet at the river?
5. What does Helen think she needs to do if she is going to survive Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the dinner Thao has for Linh.
2. Where does Helen sleep before returning to her apartment in Cholon and what does she think in doing so?
3. What does Helen resent about Darrow?
4. How does Linh end up working for the North?
5. Why is Helen stopped on the street and what happens when she is stopped?
6. Where are the foreign correspondents going and where does Helen think of going?
7. Who is Thao and what does she feel towards Linh and Helen?
8. What does Helen witness in Saigon as the Viet Cong arrive?
9. What do Helen and Darrow discuss concerning Linh and his helping Helen?
10. How does Linh feel when he sees a picture of Helen and Darrow and why does he feel that way? What does he think about the picture?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)