|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linh feel Helen is doing to him?
(a) Making him feel better about Americans.
(b) Pushing him beyond his limits.
(c) Making him fall in love with her.
(d) Making him wonder if Vietnamese men treat their women wrong.
2. Why is Helen rushing to meet Robert?
(a) She is late for a date with him.
(b) He has film for her.
(c) He knows something about her brother.
(d) He is going to take her to a battle.
3. What does Jack say everyone is interested in as far as Helen is concerned?
(a) Seeing her fail.
(b) Sleeping with her.
(c) Sending her back to the states.
(d) Helping her find her brother.
4. Who does Helen meet at the river?
(a) Thomas Roberts.
(b) Matt Tanner.
(c) Lily Cantor.
(d) Paul Phillips.
5. What is Helen's brother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a Captain jump on Helen when she steps forward to take a picture of a grandfather?
2. What job does Helen have in Saigon?
3. What happens when the men in the book in question #1 eat the Lotus Flower?
4. Where was Linh sent when he answered a Help Wanted ad?
5. Who was the first American Linh ever met?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Darrow and Tanner at the party and what does Darrow tell Helen about Tanner?
2. What does Darrow tell Helen he has in Saigon and what does he say about his life?
3. How does Helen finally get to be seen like one of the boys?
4. How does Helen survive in Saigon without Darrow?
5. What does Robert agree to do for Linh?
6. How did Linh end up working for Sam Darrow?
7. What did Linh do while away from Helen and Darrow?
8. Describe Helen and Darrow's visit to a Red Cross camp.
9. Where does Helen sleep before returning to her apartment in Cholon and what does she think in doing so?
10. Why do Tanner and Darrow get into a fight?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)