|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darrow call Helen when he meets her?
(a) A child playing with fire.
(b) A looky-loo.
(c) A scheming female.
(d) A great addition.
2. What does Bao require Linh to do?
(a) Give him half of his pay.
(b) Work for the North.
(c) Steer Darrow towards pro communists people.
(d) Bao has no interest in Linh.
3. Why is Darrow arguing with a Lieutenant in Chapter 4?
(a) He says Darrow's camera equipment is too heavy.
(b) He wants a date with Helen.
(c) He wants Darrow to give him a bribe.
(d) He will not let Helen on the helicopter.
4. Why do the journalists feel ashamed when coming back from a shoot?
(a) Because they are exploiting tragedy.
(b) They are embarrassed by the soldiers' behavior.
(c) They never seem to get a really great picture.
(d) They compete so much.
5. How long has Helen been in Vietnam?
(a) Three years.
(b) Almost ten years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Annick lived in Vietnam?
2. How do Darrow, Gary and Linh feel about Helen when they meet her?
3. What does Mr. Bao know about Linh?
4. What does the person who Helen meets tell her?
5. Why is Linh not with Helen at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helen feel about her relationship with Darrow and how does Darrow feel about it?
2. What does Helen witness in Saigon as the Viet Cong arrive?
3. Where do Helen and Darrow stay? Who offers better quarters and what does Darrow say?
4. What does Robert ask Helen and what is her response?
5. What happens as the group of correspondents is traveling?
6. What happens to Darrow and Anderson?
7. What does Linh think about concerning his heart?
8. What happens between Darrow and Tanner at the party and what does Darrow tell Helen about Tanner?
9. What does Helen do with her bags in the motel and why does she do it?
10. What did Linh do while away from Helen and Darrow?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)