|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Annick lived in Vietnam?
(a) Five years.
(b) All her life.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 20 years.
2. What is Helen's first assignment from Gary?
(a) To cover the Buddhist strikes.
(b) To write a report on Vietnamese families and the war.
(c) To take pictures of peaceful places in Saigon.
(d) To interview the American Ambassador.
3. What do Helen and Curt talk about on the way out of the field?
4. What happens to MacCrae a few weeks after Helen meets him?
(a) He is transferred to Cambodia.
(b) He loses his sight.
(c) He is sent home.
(d) He is killed.
5. What does Darrow tell Helen during Christmas dinner?
(a) He is leaving the country.
(b) He wants to marry her.
(c) She needs to go back to the states.
(d) Jack has been killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the men in the book in question #1 eat the Lotus Flower?
2. What does Linh tell Helen he will do when she leaves that morning?
3. Where does Helen meet Annick?
4. What did Linh do before he was drafted into the army?
5. Why does Darrow put his camera down during a battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Linh end up working for Sam Darrow?
2. How does Linh feel when he sees a picture of Helen and Darrow and why does he feel that way? What does he think about the picture?
3. What happens when Linh meets his first American?
4. What have Helen and Linh been doing for three years and why?
5. How does Helen meet Annick and what happens when she does?
6. What happens when Helen and Linh arrive at the embassy?
7. How does Helen finally get to be seen like one of the boys?
8. Why does Darrow worry about Helen?
9. Who does Helen meet at the river and what do they discuss?
10. What was Linh's life like before he was drafted into the army?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)