|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Helen rushing to meet Robert?
(a) He knows something about her brother.
(b) He has film for her.
(c) He is going to take her to a battle.
(d) She is late for a date with him.
2. What does Darrow call Helen when he meets her?
(a) A great addition.
(b) A scheming female.
(c) A looky-loo.
(d) A child playing with fire.
3. What does a soldier say about the Vietnamese and life?
(a) They believe life is sacred.
(b) Nothing is said about the Vietnamese and life.
(c) They do not value it like Americans.
(d) They have no life with the war in their country.
4. Where does Helen meet Annick?
(a) At Robert's birthday party.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) At a press conference.
(d) In a boutique.
5. What does Linh try to teach Darrow?
(a) How to speak to a Vietnamese woman.
(b) Why the communists are winning.
(c) About the country of Vietnam.
(d) How to care for his equipment in the humid jungle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who Helen meets tell her?
2. What happens when the men in the book in question #1 eat the Lotus Flower?
3. What did Linh's father do for a living in Hanoi?
4. What did Linh do before he was drafted into the army?
5. Who does Helen meet at the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens and who does Helen meet the first time she goes into the field with Darrow?
2. What happens in the evening of Helen's first trip into the field?
3. What have Helen and Linh been doing for three years and why?
4. Why is Helen stopped on the street and what happens when she is stopped?
5. Why did Helen's brother go to Vietnam?
6. Why does Darrow worry about Helen?
7. How does Helen feel about her relationship with Darrow and how does Darrow feel about it?
8. What was Linh's life like before he was drafted into the army?
9. What happens when Helen and Linh arrive at the embassy?
10. How does Helen survive in Saigon without Darrow?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)