|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Darrow arguing with a Lieutenant in Chapter 4?
(a) He wants Darrow to give him a bribe.
(b) He says Darrow's camera equipment is too heavy.
(c) He wants a date with Helen.
(d) He will not let Helen on the helicopter.
2. What do Helen and Curt talk about on the way out of the field?
3. What does a soldier say about the Vietnamese and life?
(a) They have no life with the war in their country.
(b) They believe life is sacred.
(c) Nothing is said about the Vietnamese and life.
(d) They do not value it like Americans.
4. What does Helen find as she is returning to her apartment?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) Another camera.
(d) A lost girl.
5. What does Linh say when Darrow mentions Linh is using a different name?
(b) The first name was false.
(c) That other man is dead.
(d) He always hated his given name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Chuong allowed to stay in Helen's apartment building?
2. What does Helen notice about how journalist act towards each other in the field?
3. How does Darrow get the Lieutenant to do what Darrow wants?
4. What type of stories did Helen do on Cambodia?
5. What does Darrow tell Helen during Christmas dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Linh feel when he sees a picture of Helen and Darrow and why does he feel that way? What does he think about the picture?
2. How does Linh end up working for the North?
3. Who does Helen meet in the Special Forces and what does she learn from him and what happens to him?
4. What happens to Linh after Helen leaves him and what does Linh think about the events of the day?
5. Why is Helen stopped on the street and what happens when she is stopped?
6. How does Helen meet Darrow and what happens when she does?
7. What does Helen do with her bags in the motel and why does she do it?
8. Why did Helen's brother go to Vietnam?
9. How does Helen meet Annick and what happens when she does?
10. Why does Darrow worry about Helen?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)