|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Darrow arguing with a Lieutenant in Chapter 4?
(a) He says Darrow's camera equipment is too heavy.
(b) He wants a date with Helen.
(c) He will not let Helen on the helicopter.
(d) He wants Darrow to give him a bribe.
2. How does Linh feel when he sees a picture of Helen and Darrow on Darrow's table?
(c) Surprised and jealous.
3. What does Darrow call Helen when he meets her?
(a) A child playing with fire.
(b) A scheming female.
(c) A great addition.
(d) A looky-loo.
4. Why is Saigon in chaos?
(a) The Comnmunists are on the outskirts of the city.
(b) The Americans have surrounded the city.
(c) There is an ongoing drought.
(d) The mayor of Saigon has died.
5. Where was Linh sent when he answered a Help Wanted ad?
(a) A U.S. army base in Saigon.
(c) The Philippines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen think she needs to do if she is going to survive Vietnam?
2. Why is Helen worried when she does not hear from Darrow?
3. What does Helen start to do so the soldiers will respect her?
4. What do the taxis in Saigon look like?
5. What does Gary think about working with Darrow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Helen meet at the river and what do they discuss?
2. How does Helen finally get to be seen like one of the boys?
3. Why is Helen stopped on the street and what happens when she is stopped?
4. What is Helen doing in the streets of Saigon when the novel opens and what does she see and do?
5. What happens in the evening of Helen's first trip into the field?
6. Who does Helen meet in the Special Forces and what does she learn from him and what happens to him?
7. What have Helen and Linh been doing for three years and why?
8. How does Helen meet Annick and what happens when she does?
9. Why does Darrow worry about Helen?
10. How does Helen survive in Saigon without Darrow?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)