|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darrow give Helen the next morning?
(a) The key to his room.
(b) Her brother's last known location.
(c) A camera battery.
(d) A new type of film.
2. With what does Helen ask Darrow for help?
(a) Loading her film.
(b) Tying her combat boots.
(c) Putting on the body harness.
(d) Adjusting her aperture.
3. Who does Helen meet at the river?
(a) Paul Phillips.
(b) Matt Tanner.
(c) Thomas Roberts.
(d) Lily Cantor.
4. Where was Linh sent when he answered a Help Wanted ad?
(b) The Philippines.
(d) A U.S. army base in Saigon.
5. In what kind of unit is Frank MacCrae serving?
(c) Special Forces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Michael go to Vietnam?
2. What does Linh try to teach Darrow?
3. How do Darrow, Gary and Linh feel about Helen when they meet her?
4. What does a soldier say about the Vietnamese and life?
5. What does Jack say everyone is interested in as far as Helen is concerned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Helen's brother go to Vietnam?
2. How does Helen meet Annick and what happens when she does?
3. What happens to Linh after Helen leaves him and what does Linh think about the events of the day?
4. Who does Helen meet at the river and what do they discuss?
5. What happens when Helen and Linh arrive at the embassy?
6. What happens in the evening of Helen's first trip into the field?
7. How does Helen feel about her relationship with Darrow and how does Darrow feel about it?
8. How does Linh end up working for the North?
9. What was Linh's life like before he was drafted into the army?
10. What is Helen's first assignment from Gary?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)