|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to MacCrae a few weeks after Helen meets him?
(a) He loses his sight.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is transferred to Cambodia.
(d) He is sent home.
2. Why does Darrow send Linh to work with Helen?
(a) He wants to keep Linh safe.
(b) He is upset with Linh.
(c) Linh has asked to be assigned to her.
(d) He says Linh will be valuable to Helen.
3. Why does Helen not take any pictures in the field?
(a) She was only there to observe.
(b) Her camera's battery was too low.
(c) She was too frightened.
(d) She forgot film.
4. Why is Helen stopped in the street?
(a) She looks like she is rich.
(b) Because she is a black woman.
(c) Because her face is not covered and she is female.
(d) Because she is carrying a camera.
5. What does Helen arrange for Linh?
(a) Access to her bank account.
(b) A medic.
(c) A false passport.
(d) New paperwork.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Darrow get the Lieutenant to do what Darrow wants?
2. What does Helen notice about how journalist act towards each other in the field?
3. How do Darrow, Gary and Linh feel about Helen when they meet her?
4. Why is Chuong allowed to stay in Helen's apartment building?
5. When does Linh first spot Helen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helen meet Darrow and what happens when she does?
2. Why did Helen's brother go to Vietnam?
3. What was Linh's life like before he was drafted into the army?
4. What happens to Linh after Helen leaves him and what does Linh think about the events of the day?
5. How does Linh feel when he sees a picture of Helen and Darrow and why does he feel that way? What does he think about the picture?
6. How does Helen meet Annick and what happens when she does?
7. How did Linh end up working for Sam Darrow?
8. What happens when Helen and Linh board a medical helicopter?
9. What happens when Linh meets his first American?
10. Who does Helen meet at the river and what do they discuss?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)