|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen tell Darrow?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is accompanying the regiment that is moving north.
(c) She is leaving him for Robert.
(d) She can't do this life anymore.
2. What does Helen learn about concerning Linh?
(a) His connections with the Viet Cong.
(b) That he still has one child alive somewhere.
(c) The tragedy concerning his family.
(d) That he is a deserter.
3. Who gets into a fight at Robert's party?
(a) Robert and Linh.
(b) Darrow and Tanner.
(c) Robert and Tanner.
(d) Darrow and Robert.
4. What does Helen say Robert would do if she agreed to his request?
(a) Be happy for a day only.
(b) Be tired of her within a week.
(c) Drop dead.
(d) Be sorry.
5. What do Darrow and Tanner decide?
(a) To play a game of chess to settle their argument.
(b) To go their separate ways once they reach Saigon.
(c) To let bygones be bygones.
(d) To have a photo shooting contest.
6. What did Linh do while separated from Darrow and Helen?
(a) Visits his family village and visits Mr. Bao.
(b) Takes up painting.
(c) Visits his young son.
(d) Shoots some film himself.
7. What does Tanner want to photograph along a road?
(a) An emaciated young man pulling a cart.
(b) A decapitated elderly man.
(c) A naked elderly woman.
(d) A dead baby along the road.
8. Why is Thao jealous?
(a) She is jealous that Darrow is paying attention to Helen.
(b) She wants to be a photographer like Helen.
(c) She wants to go to the States like Mai Linh.
(d) She cannot get Linh's attention.
9. What does Robert say concerns him about Darrow?
(a) Darrow takes unnecessary risks.
(b) Darrow is too involved with the country.
(c) Darrow is shut down emotionally.
(d) Darrow is destructive to his friends.
10. What does Linh feel for the first time since Mai's death?
(c) The touch and kindness of another.
11. What does Helen say she might have to make an excuse to do?
(a) Go back to Saigon.
(b) Hire on with another magazine.
(c) Leave Darrow because she is too emotionally involved.
(d) Go back to the States.
12. What gesture does Helen make as they are confronted?
(a) A swipe across her neck.
(b) The international peace sign.
(c) One of covering her eyes.
(d) The Viet Cong gesture of defiance.
13. Where do Helen and Darrow visit?
(a) A Red Cross camp for children.
(b) A Viet Cong strategy meeting.
(c) A Viet Cong training camp.
(d) A French orphanage.
14. What stories does Linh tell children while he was away?
(a) About Americans.
(b) About peace.
(c) About the mystery of life.
(d) About fairies.
15. What does Linh talk Helen into doing?
(a) Taking a trip along the Ho Chi Minh Trail.
(b) Marrying him.
(c) Packing to go back to the States.
(d) Photographing Darrow's body before cremation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thao say the dinner is for that she makes Linh?
2. Where do Helen and Darrow stay?
3. What seems to be receding to Helen?
4. What does Helen say Linh had done?
5. Who confronts Helen and Linh as they are traveling?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)