|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thao say the dinner is for that she makes Linh?
(a) To thank him for his kindness to her.
(b) To ask him an important question.
(c) To show him that his heart is still in Vietnam.
(d) No reason.
2. How does Linh decide he can pay tribute to Darrow?
(a) By going to the States and talking to Darrow's wife in person.
(b) By sending Helen home.
(c) By marrying Helen.
(d) By taking over Darrow's work.
3. What happens when Darrow and Anderson get on a flight together?
(b) They have a fight.
(c) They are kidnapped.
(d) It goes down.
4. Where do Helen and Darrow stay?
(a) In an abandoned hotel.
(b) In an old mess tent.
(c) In the mayor's abandoned home.
(d) In a shack.
5. What happens the morning after the summer festivities end?
(a) Darrow is shot by accident.
(b) Linh is injured badly.
(c) Helen learns she is pregnant.
(d) It is time to go back to Saigon.
6. What does Helen learn about concerning Linh?
(a) That he still has one child alive somewhere.
(b) That he is a deserter.
(c) The tragedy concerning his family.
(d) His connections with the Viet Cong.
7. For what does Thao blame Helen?
(a) That Linh is gone for long stretches of time.
(b) The children in the camp not getting enough money.
(c) The men not paying attention to the Vietnamese women who are widows.
(d) Linh's being lost to Thao.
8. What does Linh realize about Helen?
(a) She will never love him.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) She is not altogether present mentally.
(d) She is a fairy.
9. When does Linh say he will return?
(a) In three months.
(b) At the end of the month.
(c) In six months.
10. Why does Linh berate Helen?
(a) For loving a dead man.
(b) She is insisting on going where press are not allowed.
(c) She is so stoic.
(d) He says she is acting like a child.
11. What does one of the USAID men offer Helen?
(a) A ticket back to the United States.
(b) A better situation.
(d) A new camera.
12. What does Darrow say about himself?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He hates the United States for starting this war.
(c) He is not married.
(d) He does not have a death wish.
13. Who does a soldier say were heroes?
(a) Darrow and Linh.
(b) Anderson and the pilot.
(c) Darrow and Anderson.
(d) No one.
14. What does Helen say Linh had done?
(a) Exposed some of her film intentionally.
(b) Stopped her from going on the convoy that was destroyed.
(c) Let information leak to the North Vietnamese press.
(d) Contacted an officer of the Viet Cong.
15. Who is Thao?
(a) Linh's sister.
(b) Helen's housekeeper.
(c) Darrow's contact with the Viet Cong.
(d) Linh's sister-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fights with Tanner about taking the picture?
2. With what does Helen become involved while she is staying with Darrow?
3. Who has Robert been dating?
4. What seems to fade into the distance for Helen?
5. How many times has Darrow's helicopter gone down?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)