|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linh say having Helen around has done?
(a) Made life more interesting.
(b) Changed everything.
(c) Given him a new perspective.
(d) Made it more difficult to be a good journalist.
2. What does Darrow tell Helen he has back in Saigon?
(a) A son.
(b) A daughter.
(c) A will.
(d) A bag of gold coins.
3. What did Linh do while separated from Darrow and Helen?
(a) Visits his young son.
(b) Shoots some film himself.
(c) Takes up painting.
(d) Visits his family village and visits Mr. Bao.
4. What does Darrow say he will do with Helen?
(a) Create a photo history of the war.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Leave Vietnam.
(d) Go north towards Hanoi.
5. What does Darrow say about himself?
(a) He is not married.
(b) He hates the United States for starting this war.
(c) He does not have a death wish.
(d) He is ill.
6. Who has agreed to take care of Darrow while he heals?
(b) Two men who work for USAID.
(c) Linh and Mai Long.
(d) No one.
7. What seems to fade into the distance for Helen?
(a) Her life with her fiance.
(b) Her life in the United States.
(c) Her pain at her brother's death.
(d) The war.
8. Why does Linh berate Helen?
(a) She is so stoic.
(b) She is insisting on going where press are not allowed.
(c) He says she is acting like a child.
(d) For loving a dead man.
9. What does Helen say she might have to make an excuse to do?
(a) Leave Darrow because she is too emotionally involved.
(b) Go back to the States.
(c) Hire on with another magazine.
(d) Go back to Saigon.
10. What does Darrow say about Helen to the USAID man?
(a) She prefers soldiers over aid workers.
(b) She has simple tastes.
(c) She is crazy.
(d) She is his.
11. With whom does Helen dance at Robert's going away party?
12. What happens to Samuels?
(a) He is reassigned to Laos.
(b) He is sent home to the States.
(c) He is wounded.
(d) He is shot and killed.
13. What can Helen see in Darrow?
(a) That he values each moment more.
(b) That he is taking chances.
(c) That he is very depressed.
(d) That he does not care for life anymore.
14. What does Tanner want to photograph along a road?
(a) An emaciated young man pulling a cart.
(b) A decapitated elderly man.
(c) A dead baby along the road.
(d) A naked elderly woman.
15. What happens the morning after the summer festivities end?
(a) Darrow is shot by accident.
(b) Helen learns she is pregnant.
(c) It is time to go back to Saigon.
(d) Linh is injured badly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert ask Helen?
2. For what does Linh berate himself?
3. When does Linh say he will return?
4. What does Helen say Linh had done?
5. What does Helen learn about concerning Linh?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)