|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen say she might have to make an excuse to do?
(a) Hire on with another magazine.
(b) Leave Darrow because she is too emotionally involved.
(c) Go back to the States.
(d) Go back to Saigon.
2. Who fights with Tanner about taking the picture?
(c) No one.
3. Why does Linh berate Helen?
(a) She is insisting on going where press are not allowed.
(b) For loving a dead man.
(c) He says she is acting like a child.
(d) She is so stoic.
4. What does Linh feel for the first time since Mai's death?
(b) The touch and kindness of another.
5. What does Linh talk Helen into doing?
(a) Packing to go back to the States.
(b) Photographing Darrow's body before cremation.
(c) Marrying him.
(d) Taking a trip along the Ho Chi Minh Trail.
6. What does Darrow want to do on the visit?
(a) Ask the Viet Cong what they want.
(b) Adopt a child.
(c) Take pictures of the children.
(d) Find Linh's brother.
7. When does Linh say he will return?
(a) In six months.
(b) At the end of the month.
(d) In three months.
8. What gesture does Helen make as they are confronted?
(a) The Viet Cong gesture of defiance.
(b) A swipe across her neck.
(c) One of covering her eyes.
(d) The international peace sign.
9. Who has agreed to take care of Darrow while he heals?
(a) No one.
(c) Linh and Mai Long.
(d) Two men who work for USAID.
10. What does Linh realize about Helen?
(a) She will never love him.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) She is a fairy.
(d) She is not altogether present mentally.
11. Where do Helen and Darrow stay?
(a) In an old mess tent.
(b) In an abandoned hotel.
(c) In the mayor's abandoned home.
(d) In a shack.
12. Why was Darrow angry with Tanner?
(a) Darrow believes Tanner exploited the Vietnamese.
(b) Darrow believes Tanner is rude to Helen.
(c) Darrow believes Tanner is accepting bribes from the Viet Cong.
(d) Darrow believes Tanner is rude to Linh.
13. With whom does Helen dance at Robert's going away party?
14. What does Helen learn about concerning Linh?
(a) That he is a deserter.
(b) The tragedy concerning his family.
(c) That he still has one child alive somewhere.
(d) His connections with the Viet Cong.
15. Who gets into a fight at Robert's party?
(a) Darrow and Robert.
(b) Robert and Tanner.
(c) Darrow and Tanner.
(d) Robert and Linh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert say concerns him about Darrow?
2. What does one of the USAID men offer Helen?
3. To what do Helen's thoughts eventually return?
4. What offer does Linh refuse from Robert?
5. What is Robert's new position?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)