|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen say Robert would do if she agreed to his request?
(a) Be sorry.
(b) Be tired of her within a week.
(c) Drop dead.
(d) Be happy for a day only.
2. Who fights with Tanner about taking the picture?
(a) No one.
3. Who confronts Helen and Linh as they are traveling?
(a) A boy soldier.
(b) A young woman with a baby.
(c) A group of American deserters.
(d) A squad of Viet Cong hit men.
4. How many times has Darrow's helicopter gone down?
5. What does Darrow tell Helen he hates about himself?
(a) That he sees himself in Tanner.
(b) That he has no feelings left.
(c) That he does not have the guts to leave Vietnam.
(d) That he sometimes wants to ask Helen to marry him.
6. What picture does Linh stare at while he is dreaming?
(a) One of his still-living child.
(b) One of his village in the early dawn before the war begins.
(c) One of his dead wife.
(d) One of Helen.
7. What does Helen learn about concerning Linh?
(a) The tragedy concerning his family.
(b) His connections with the Viet Cong.
(c) That he is a deserter.
(d) That he still has one child alive somewhere.
8. What do some people wonder about Darrow?
(a) If he will ever leave Vietnam.
(b) If his luck is going to run out.
(c) If he deliberately puts himself in danger.
(d) If he is deliberately cruel.
9. What does Helen say she needs of Linh?
(d) A lover.
10. For what does Thao blame Helen?
(a) The children in the camp not getting enough money.
(b) Linh's being lost to Thao.
(c) That Linh is gone for long stretches of time.
(d) The men not paying attention to the Vietnamese women who are widows.
11. What does Robert ask Helen?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To go back to the States with him.
(c) To stay away from Darrow.
(d) To stay away from Linh.
12. Who has agreed to take care of Darrow while he heals?
(a) No one.
(b) Two men who work for USAID.
(d) Linh and Mai Long.
13. How does Darrow say Helen should view Linh?
(a) As a man from a very patriarchal culture.
(b) As the enemy.
(c) As a spy.
(d) As her guardian angel.
14. Where does Helen go with two green berets?
(a) To the crash site.
(b) To the morgue.
(c) To the jungles just south of Hanoi.
(d) To the airport.
15. What does Darrow say about himself?
(a) He is not married.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He hates the United States for starting this war.
(d) He does not have a death wish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linh feel for the first time since Mai's death?
2. Where do Helen and Darrow stay?
3. What happens the morning after the summer festivities end?
4. What gesture does Helen make as they are confronted?
5. What does Thao wear to the dinner she prepares for Linh?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)