|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer does Linh refuse from Robert?
(a) A job and American citizenship.
(b) To be a correspondent in Thailand.
(c) To fly to the States for Darrow's funeral.
(d) To be a correspondent in Burma.
2. What does Darrow want to do on the visit?
(a) Ask the Viet Cong what they want.
(b) Find Linh's brother.
(c) Take pictures of the children.
(d) Adopt a child.
3. Who confronts Helen and Linh as they are traveling?
(a) A group of American deserters.
(b) A boy soldier.
(c) A young woman with a baby.
(d) A squad of Viet Cong hit men.
4. What does Robert ask Helen?
(a) To stay away from Linh.
(b) To stay away from Darrow.
(c) To go back to the States with him.
(d) To marry him.
5. What can Helen see in Darrow?
(a) That he does not care for life anymore.
(b) That he is very depressed.
(c) That he values each moment more.
(d) That he is taking chances.
6. Who fights with Tanner about taking the picture?
(d) No one.
7. What does Linh believe giving in to Thao's seduction will be?
(a) A betrayal of his feelings for Helen.
(b) A betrayal of his brother's memory.
(c) A desecrettion of Mai's memory.
8. Why was Darrow angry with Tanner?
(a) Darrow believes Tanner is accepting bribes from the Viet Cong.
(b) Darrow believes Tanner exploited the Vietnamese.
(c) Darrow believes Tanner is rude to Helen.
(d) Darrow believes Tanner is rude to Linh.
9. What did Linh do while separated from Darrow and Helen?
(a) Visits his family village and visits Mr. Bao.
(b) Takes up painting.
(c) Shoots some film himself.
(d) Visits his young son.
10. Where do Helen and Darrow stay?
(a) In the mayor's abandoned home.
(b) In an old mess tent.
(c) In an abandoned hotel.
(d) In a shack.
11. What does Darrow say he will do with Helen?
(a) Create a photo history of the war.
(b) Go north towards Hanoi.
(c) Leave Vietnam.
(d) Write a book.
12. What happens the morning after the summer festivities end?
(a) Darrow is shot by accident.
(b) Helen learns she is pregnant.
(c) Linh is injured badly.
(d) It is time to go back to Saigon.
13. What does Linh say Darrow must be getting?
(c) Too meticulous.
14. What does Helen ask Robert?
(a) If he is divorcing his wife.
(b) How he can leave Vietnam.
(c) If he is taking the whole bureau with him.
(d) If he is serious about the Swiss nurse.
15. What does Helen say Linh had done?
(a) Exposed some of her film intentionally.
(b) Stopped her from going on the convoy that was destroyed.
(c) Contacted an officer of the Viet Cong.
(d) Let information leak to the North Vietnamese press.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darrow want to encourage Americans to do?
2. What does Robert say concerns him about Darrow?
3. How long will it take Darrow's arm to heal?
4. To what do Helen's thoughts eventually return?
5. What does Linh realize about Helen?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)