|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer does Linh refuse from Robert?
(a) To be a correspondent in Burma.
(b) To fly to the States for Darrow's funeral.
(c) A job and American citizenship.
(d) To be a correspondent in Thailand.
2. What does Darrow say he did not care about for a long time?
(a) The Vietnamese.
(b) His life.
(c) The country of his birth.
(d) His work.
3. What does Thao wear to the dinner she prepares for Linh?
(a) A new outfit.
(b) One of Helen's dresses.
(c) Her village clothing.
(d) An American-style outfit.
4. Where do Helen and Darrow stay?
(a) In an abandoned hotel.
(b) In an old mess tent.
(c) In the mayor's abandoned home.
(d) In a shack.
5. What does Darrow want to encourage Americans to do?
(a) Send money to the Red Cross for the children.
(b) Pressure the government to stop the war.
(c) Send more money to rehabilitate wounded South Vietnamese soldiers.
(d) Refuse to join the military.
6. Who does a soldier say were heroes?
(a) Anderson and the pilot.
(b) No one.
(c) Darrow and Anderson.
(d) Darrow and Linh.
7. What does Linh wish about Darrow?
(a) That Darrow would want to go into Cambodia.
(b) That Linh was only working with Darrow.
(c) That Darrow would let him work with Helen fulltime.
(d) That Darrow would take him to the United States.
8. How many times has Darrow's helicopter gone down?
9. What did Linh do while separated from Darrow and Helen?
(a) Shoots some film himself.
(b) Visits his family village and visits Mr. Bao.
(c) Visits his young son.
(d) Takes up painting.
10. What picture does Linh stare at while he is dreaming?
(a) One of his still-living child.
(b) One of his dead wife.
(c) One of his village in the early dawn before the war begins.
(d) One of Helen.
11. For what does Thao blame Helen?
(a) The children in the camp not getting enough money.
(b) The men not paying attention to the Vietnamese women who are widows.
(c) That Linh is gone for long stretches of time.
(d) Linh's being lost to Thao.
12. What does Helen ask Robert?
(a) If he is divorcing his wife.
(b) If he is serious about the Swiss nurse.
(c) How he can leave Vietnam.
(d) If he is taking the whole bureau with him.
13. What does Darrow say is the first thing to go when Helen talks to him?
14. Where does Helen go with two green berets?
(a) To the jungles just south of Hanoi.
(b) To the crash site.
(c) To the airport.
(d) To the morgue.
15. Who has agreed to take care of Darrow while he heals?
(a) Two men who work for USAID.
(b) Linh and Mai Long.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linh realize about Helen?
2. What does Helen learn about the Vietnamese?
3. What can Helen see in Darrow?
4. Who is Thao?
5. Why was Darrow angry with Tanner?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)