|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who confronts Helen and Linh as they are traveling?
(a) A boy soldier.
(b) A group of American deserters.
(c) A squad of Viet Cong hit men.
(d) A young woman with a baby.
2. What happens when Darrow and Anderson get on a flight together?
(a) They have a fight.
(c) It goes down.
(d) They are kidnapped.
3. Who has agreed to take care of Darrow while he heals?
(a) Two men who work for USAID.
(b) Linh and Mai Long.
(c) No one.
4. Who fights with Tanner about taking the picture?
(c) No one.
5. Where do Helen and Darrow visit?
(a) A Viet Cong strategy meeting.
(b) A Viet Cong training camp.
(c) A Red Cross camp for children.
(d) A French orphanage.
6. What do some people wonder about Darrow?
(a) If he deliberately puts himself in danger.
(b) If his luck is going to run out.
(c) If he will ever leave Vietnam.
(d) If he is deliberately cruel.
7. Why was Darrow angry with Tanner?
(a) Darrow believes Tanner exploited the Vietnamese.
(b) Darrow believes Tanner is accepting bribes from the Viet Cong.
(c) Darrow believes Tanner is rude to Helen.
(d) Darrow believes Tanner is rude to Linh.
8. What does Linh wish about Darrow?
(a) That Darrow would want to go into Cambodia.
(b) That Darrow would let him work with Helen fulltime.
(c) That Darrow would take him to the United States.
(d) That Linh was only working with Darrow.
9. What did Linh do while separated from Darrow and Helen?
(a) Visits his young son.
(b) Visits his family village and visits Mr. Bao.
(c) Shoots some film himself.
(d) Takes up painting.
10. What is Robert's new position?
(a) Department Head.
(b) Senior Correspondent.
(c) Bureau Chief.
11. Where do Helen and Darrow stay?
(a) In an old mess tent.
(b) In a shack.
(c) In the mayor's abandoned home.
(d) In an abandoned hotel.
12. To what do Helen's thoughts eventually return?
(a) What has happened to some of the soldiers she met in the field.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Leaving Vietnam.
(d) Her father's final words as she was leaving the States.
13. What does Helen say she needs of Linh?
(c) A lover.
14. What does Darrow say he will do with Helen?
(a) Go north towards Hanoi.
(b) Create a photo history of the war.
(c) Write a book.
(d) Leave Vietnam.
15. What do Darrow and Tanner decide?
(a) To let bygones be bygones.
(b) To play a game of chess to settle their argument.
(c) To go their separate ways once they reach Saigon.
(d) To have a photo shooting contest.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Linh say he will return?
2. What does Darrow say he did not care about for a long time?
3. What happens the morning after the summer festivities end?
4. How long will it take Darrow's arm to heal?
5. What does Helen say Robert would do if she agreed to his request?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)