|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Darrow say Helen should view Linh?
(a) As the enemy.
(b) As a spy.
(c) As a man from a very patriarchal culture.
(d) As her guardian angel.
2. What does Tanner want to photograph along a road?
(a) A decapitated elderly man.
(b) A dead baby along the road.
(c) A naked elderly woman.
(d) An emaciated young man pulling a cart.
3. How long will it take Darrow's arm to heal?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 4 weeks.
4. What does Helen ask Robert?
(a) If he is serious about the Swiss nurse.
(b) If he is divorcing his wife.
(c) If he is taking the whole bureau with him.
(d) How he can leave Vietnam.
5. What happens when Darrow and Anderson get on a flight together?
(a) It goes down.
(b) They are kidnapped.
(d) They have a fight.
6. With what does Helen become involved while she is staying with Darrow?
(a) A food program for babies.
(b) One of the USAID men.
(c) Village life.
(d) The school.
7. With whom does Helen dance at Robert's going away party?
8. What does Darrow want to do on the visit?
(a) Adopt a child.
(b) Find Linh's brother.
(c) Take pictures of the children.
(d) Ask the Viet Cong what they want.
9. Where do Helen and Darrow visit?
(a) A French orphanage.
(b) A Viet Cong strategy meeting.
(c) A Red Cross camp for children.
(d) A Viet Cong training camp.
10. What does Helen notice about Gary when they return to Saigon?
(a) His hair had turned white.
(b) He was very pale.
(c) He was gaunt.
(d) He was heavier.
11. Who does a soldier say were heroes?
(a) Darrow and Anderson.
(b) No one.
(c) Darrow and Linh.
(d) Anderson and the pilot.
12. What does Thao say the dinner is for that she makes Linh?
(a) To ask him an important question.
(b) To thank him for his kindness to her.
(c) To show him that his heart is still in Vietnam.
(d) No reason.
13. What does Helen resent?
(a) The two USAID men's sexism.
(b) Linh's patronizing.
(c) Darrow assuming she will stay with him.
(d) Darrow wanting her to leave.
14. What picture does Linh stare at while he is dreaming?
(a) One of his dead wife.
(b) One of Helen.
(c) One of his still-living child.
(d) One of his village in the early dawn before the war begins.
15. What does Robert say concerns him about Darrow?
(a) Darrow is shut down emotionally.
(b) Darrow takes unnecessary risks.
(c) Darrow is destructive to his friends.
(d) Darrow is too involved with the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Helen and Darrow stay?
2. What offer does Linh refuse from Robert?
3. Where is Robert sent?
4. Why does Linh berate Helen?
5. What does Linh talk Helen into doing?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)