|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets into a fight at Robert's party?
(a) Robert and Tanner.
(b) Darrow and Robert.
(c) Darrow and Tanner.
(d) Robert and Linh.
2. Why was Darrow angry with Tanner?
(a) Darrow believes Tanner is rude to Linh.
(b) Darrow believes Tanner is accepting bribes from the Viet Cong.
(c) Darrow believes Tanner exploited the Vietnamese.
(d) Darrow believes Tanner is rude to Helen.
3. What does Tanner want to photograph along a road?
(a) An emaciated young man pulling a cart.
(b) A decapitated elderly man.
(c) A naked elderly woman.
(d) A dead baby along the road.
4. What does Linh talk Helen into doing?
(a) Marrying him.
(b) Taking a trip along the Ho Chi Minh Trail.
(c) Photographing Darrow's body before cremation.
(d) Packing to go back to the States.
5. What does Darrow want to do on the visit?
(a) Find Linh's brother.
(b) Take pictures of the children.
(c) Adopt a child.
(d) Ask the Viet Cong what they want.
6. How does Linh decide he can pay tribute to Darrow?
(a) By going to the States and talking to Darrow's wife in person.
(b) By sending Helen home.
(c) By marrying Helen.
(d) By taking over Darrow's work.
7. Who has Robert been dating?
(a) A Vietnamese woman.
(b) A Swiss nurse.
(c) No one.
8. What does Helen resent?
(a) The two USAID men's sexism.
(b) Darrow assuming she will stay with him.
(c) Linh's patronizing.
(d) Darrow wanting her to leave.
9. What does Helen say she might have to make an excuse to do?
(a) Leave Darrow because she is too emotionally involved.
(b) Go back to the States.
(c) Go back to Saigon.
(d) Hire on with another magazine.
10. Where does Helen go with two green berets?
(a) To the jungles just south of Hanoi.
(b) To the morgue.
(c) To the crash site.
(d) To the airport.
11. What does Linh feel for the first time since Mai's death?
(c) The touch and kindness of another.
12. What does Helen say Robert would do if she agreed to his request?
(a) Be happy for a day only.
(b) Be sorry.
(c) Be tired of her within a week.
(d) Drop dead.
13. How many times has Darrow's helicopter gone down?
14. What seems to fade into the distance for Helen?
(a) The war.
(b) Her life in the United States.
(c) Her pain at her brother's death.
(d) Her life with her fiance.
15. What does Helen ask Robert?
(a) If he is divorcing his wife.
(b) If he is taking the whole bureau with him.
(c) How he can leave Vietnam.
(d) If he is serious about the Swiss nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Helen and Darrow stay?
2. How long will it take Darrow's arm to heal?
3. What does one of the USAID men offer Helen?
4. What does Linh say Darrow must be getting?
5. What does Robert say concerns him about Darrow?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)