|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens the morning after the summer festivities end?
(a) It is time to go back to Saigon.
(b) Darrow is shot by accident.
(c) Helen learns she is pregnant.
(d) Linh is injured badly.
2. What does Helen say Robert would do if she agreed to his request?
(a) Drop dead.
(b) Be sorry.
(c) Be tired of her within a week.
(d) Be happy for a day only.
3. What happens when Darrow and Anderson get on a flight together?
(a) They are kidnapped.
(b) They have a fight.
(d) It goes down.
4. Who does a soldier say were heroes?
(a) Darrow and Linh.
(b) Darrow and Anderson.
(c) Anderson and the pilot.
(d) No one.
5. Why is Thao jealous?
(a) She cannot get Linh's attention.
(b) She is jealous that Darrow is paying attention to Helen.
(c) She wants to be a photographer like Helen.
(d) She wants to go to the States like Mai Linh.
6. What does Linh say Darrow must be getting?
(a) Too meticulous.
7. What does Thao say the dinner is for that she makes Linh?
(a) To show him that his heart is still in Vietnam.
(b) To ask him an important question.
(c) No reason.
(d) To thank him for his kindness to her.
8. What does Helen resent?
(a) Linh's patronizing.
(b) Darrow wanting her to leave.
(c) Darrow assuming she will stay with him.
(d) The two USAID men's sexism.
9. Where is Robert sent?
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
10. Where do Helen and Darrow stay?
(a) In a shack.
(b) In an old mess tent.
(c) In an abandoned hotel.
(d) In the mayor's abandoned home.
11. What do some people wonder about Darrow?
(a) If his luck is going to run out.
(b) If he is deliberately cruel.
(c) If he will ever leave Vietnam.
(d) If he deliberately puts himself in danger.
12. What does Darrow tell Helen he has back in Saigon?
(a) A daughter.
(b) A bag of gold coins.
(c) A will.
(d) A son.
13. When does Linh say he will return?
(b) In three months.
(c) At the end of the month.
(d) In six months.
14. Where does Helen go with two green berets?
(a) To the crash site.
(b) To the morgue.
(c) To the airport.
(d) To the jungles just south of Hanoi.
15. What does Darrow say about Helen to the USAID man?
(a) She is crazy.
(b) She is his.
(c) She has simple tastes.
(d) She prefers soldiers over aid workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert say concerns him about Darrow?
2. What does Thao wear to the dinner she prepares for Linh?
3. What happens to Samuels?
4. To what do Helen's thoughts eventually return?
5. What does Helen notice about Gary when they return to Saigon?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)