|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what do Helen's thoughts eventually return?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father's final words as she was leaving the States.
(c) Leaving Vietnam.
(d) What has happened to some of the soldiers she met in the field.
2. What does Tanner want to photograph along a road?
(a) A naked elderly woman.
(b) A dead baby along the road.
(c) An emaciated young man pulling a cart.
(d) A decapitated elderly man.
3. What does Thao say the dinner is for that she makes Linh?
(a) No reason.
(b) To thank him for his kindness to her.
(c) To show him that his heart is still in Vietnam.
(d) To ask him an important question.
4. What does Linh wish about Darrow?
(a) That Linh was only working with Darrow.
(b) That Darrow would want to go into Cambodia.
(c) That Darrow would take him to the United States.
(d) That Darrow would let him work with Helen fulltime.
5. Where is Robert sent?
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
6. What does Helen ask Robert?
(a) How he can leave Vietnam.
(b) If he is taking the whole bureau with him.
(c) If he is divorcing his wife.
(d) If he is serious about the Swiss nurse.
7. With whom does Helen dance at Robert's going away party?
8. What does Linh believe giving in to Thao's seduction will be?
(a) A betrayal of his brother's memory.
(b) A betrayal of his feelings for Helen.
(d) A desecrettion of Mai's memory.
9. What did Linh do while separated from Darrow and Helen?
(a) Takes up painting.
(b) Shoots some film himself.
(c) Visits his family village and visits Mr. Bao.
(d) Visits his young son.
10. What offer does Linh refuse from Robert?
(a) A job and American citizenship.
(b) To be a correspondent in Thailand.
(c) To fly to the States for Darrow's funeral.
(d) To be a correspondent in Burma.
11. Why is Thao jealous?
(a) She is jealous that Darrow is paying attention to Helen.
(b) She wants to go to the States like Mai Linh.
(c) She wants to be a photographer like Helen.
(d) She cannot get Linh's attention.
12. What does Robert say concerns him about Darrow?
(a) Darrow takes unnecessary risks.
(b) Darrow is shut down emotionally.
(c) Darrow is too involved with the country.
(d) Darrow is destructive to his friends.
13. What does Linh feel for the first time since Mai's death?
(b) The touch and kindness of another.
14. What does one of the USAID men offer Helen?
(b) A better situation.
(c) A ticket back to the United States.
(d) A new camera.
15. What does Linh realize about Helen?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) She is not altogether present mentally.
(c) She is a fairy.
(d) She will never love him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in Xa?
2. Where do Helen and Darrow visit?
3. Who does a soldier say were heroes?
4. What stories does Linh tell children while he was away?
5. Who has agreed to take care of Darrow while he heals?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)