|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linh wish about Darrow?
(a) That Darrow would want to go into Cambodia.
(b) That Darrow would let him work with Helen fulltime.
(c) That Darrow would take him to the United States.
(d) That Linh was only working with Darrow.
2. What does Darrow tell Helen he has back in Saigon?
(a) A will.
(b) A daughter.
(c) A son.
(d) A bag of gold coins.
3. What does Darrow tell Helen he hates about himself?
(a) That he sees himself in Tanner.
(b) That he does not have the guts to leave Vietnam.
(c) That he sometimes wants to ask Helen to marry him.
(d) That he has no feelings left.
4. How does Darrow say Helen should view Linh?
(a) As a spy.
(b) As the enemy.
(c) As her guardian angel.
(d) As a man from a very patriarchal culture.
5. What does Helen resent?
(a) Darrow wanting her to leave.
(b) Linh's patronizing.
(c) The two USAID men's sexism.
(d) Darrow assuming she will stay with him.
6. What does Darrow say is the first thing to go when Helen talks to him?
7. Where do Helen and Darrow visit?
(a) A Viet Cong strategy meeting.
(b) A Viet Cong training camp.
(c) A Red Cross camp for children.
(d) A French orphanage.
8. What did Linh do while separated from Darrow and Helen?
(a) Visits his young son.
(b) Visits his family village and visits Mr. Bao.
(c) Shoots some film himself.
(d) Takes up painting.
9. What does Helen say she needs of Linh?
(a) A lover.
10. What happens the morning after the summer festivities end?
(a) Helen learns she is pregnant.
(b) Linh is injured badly.
(c) Darrow is shot by accident.
(d) It is time to go back to Saigon.
11. What does Robert say concerns him about Darrow?
(a) Darrow is shut down emotionally.
(b) Darrow is too involved with the country.
(c) Darrow takes unnecessary risks.
(d) Darrow is destructive to his friends.
12. What does Helen say Robert would do if she agreed to his request?
(a) Be happy for a day only.
(b) Drop dead.
(c) Be sorry.
(d) Be tired of her within a week.
13. Why is Thao jealous?
(a) She wants to go to the States like Mai Linh.
(b) She wants to be a photographer like Helen.
(c) She cannot get Linh's attention.
(d) She is jealous that Darrow is paying attention to Helen.
14. What does Helen learn about concerning Linh?
(a) The tragedy concerning his family.
(b) That he still has one child alive somewhere.
(c) That he is a deserter.
(d) His connections with the Viet Cong.
15. What gesture does Helen make as they are confronted?
(a) A swipe across her neck.
(b) One of covering her eyes.
(c) The Viet Cong gesture of defiance.
(d) The international peace sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert ask Helen?
2. What does Darrow want to encourage Americans to do?
3. What stories does Linh tell children while he was away?
4. What happens when Darrow and Anderson get on a flight together?
5. For what does Thao blame Helen?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)