|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen say Robert would do if she agreed to his request?
(a) Drop dead.
(b) Be tired of her within a week.
(c) Be happy for a day only.
(d) Be sorry.
2. What does Linh realize about Helen?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) She is a fairy.
(c) She is not altogether present mentally.
(d) She will never love him.
3. What does Helen tell Darrow?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is leaving him for Robert.
(c) She can't do this life anymore.
(d) She is accompanying the regiment that is moving north.
4. With whom does Helen dance at Robert's going away party?
5. What does Darrow say about Helen to the USAID man?
(a) She is crazy.
(b) She prefers soldiers over aid workers.
(c) She is his.
(d) She has simple tastes.
6. What does Linh say having Helen around has done?
(a) Given him a new perspective.
(b) Made life more interesting.
(c) Made it more difficult to be a good journalist.
(d) Changed everything.
7. What happens the morning after the summer festivities end?
(a) It is time to go back to Saigon.
(b) Helen learns she is pregnant.
(c) Darrow is shot by accident.
(d) Linh is injured badly.
8. Where do Helen and Darrow stay?
(a) In an old mess tent.
(b) In the mayor's abandoned home.
(c) In an abandoned hotel.
(d) In a shack.
9. What does Linh wish about Darrow?
(a) That Darrow would take him to the United States.
(b) That Linh was only working with Darrow.
(c) That Darrow would want to go into Cambodia.
(d) That Darrow would let him work with Helen fulltime.
10. What does Helen say Linh had done?
(a) Contacted an officer of the Viet Cong.
(b) Stopped her from going on the convoy that was destroyed.
(c) Exposed some of her film intentionally.
(d) Let information leak to the North Vietnamese press.
11. What does Darrow tell Helen he hates about himself?
(a) That he does not have the guts to leave Vietnam.
(b) That he sometimes wants to ask Helen to marry him.
(c) That he has no feelings left.
(d) That he sees himself in Tanner.
12. Who has Robert been dating?
(a) No one.
(c) A Vietnamese woman.
(d) A Swiss nurse.
13. What happens when Darrow and Anderson get on a flight together?
(a) They are kidnapped.
(b) It goes down.
(c) They have a fight.
14. What does Helen learn about concerning Linh?
(a) That he still has one child alive somewhere.
(b) That he is a deserter.
(c) The tragedy concerning his family.
(d) His connections with the Viet Cong.
15. What does Helen resent?
(a) Darrow assuming she will stay with him.
(b) Darrow wanting her to leave.
(c) Linh's patronizing.
(d) The two USAID men's sexism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thao wear to the dinner she prepares for Linh?
2. What does Tanner want to photograph along a road?
3. What does Darrow tell Helen he has back in Saigon?
4. What does Linh believe giving in to Thao's seduction will be?
5. For what does Thao blame Helen?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)