|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what kind of unit was Helen's brother?
(c) The elite corps.
2. Who teaches Helen about darkroom operation?
3. How do Darrow, Gary and Linh feel about Helen when they meet her?
(d) Excited to see a female journalist.
4. Why does a Captain jump on Helen when she steps forward to take a picture of a grandfather?
(a) He says she is going to be killed.
(b) He is angry she turned down his request for a date.
(c) He says women should not be in the field.
(d) He says she is going to get them killed.
5. Why is Helen worried when she does not hear from Darrow?
(a) She is afraid he has been killed.
(b) She needs him to get out into the field.
(c) She worries about their relationship.
(d) She thinks she might be pregnant.
6. Why is Helen stopped in the street?
(a) She looks like she is rich.
(b) Because her face is not covered and she is female.
(c) Because she is a black woman.
(d) Because she is carrying a camera.
7. Why is Saigon in chaos?
(a) The mayor of Saigon has died.
(b) The Comnmunists are on the outskirts of the city.
(c) There is an ongoing drought.
(d) The Americans have surrounded the city.
8. What type of stories did Helen do on Cambodia?
(a) She did not do any stories on Cambodia.
(c) Stories on their type of farmning.
(d) Stories about the animals there.
9. How long has Helen been in Vietnam?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Almost ten years.
10. What does Darrow give Helen the next morning?
(a) Her brother's last known location.
(b) The key to his room.
(c) A camera battery.
(d) A new type of film.
11. Who was the first American Linh ever met?
(a) Sam Darrow.
(b) Matt Carter.
(d) Robert Canson.
12. When does Linh first spot Helen?
(a) During a conversation with Bao.
(b) In a battle helicopter.
(c) Among the faces at a press conference.
(d) In Darrow's room.
13. What does Helen notice about how journalist act towards each other in the field?
(a) They help each other out and feel no competition.
(b) It is dog eat dog.
(c) No one speaks to each other.
(d) They compete and cooperate.
14. What is done to Helen when she is stopped?
(a) She is hit on the head.
(b) She is arrested.
(c) She is taken to a safe place.
15. What do Helen and Darrow do the night they meet after dinner?
(a) Go out and shoot some pictures.
(b) Spend a long time talking.
(c) Go to bed together.
(d) Go dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darrow call Helen when he meets her?
2. How did Helen get into the field without Darrow?
3. At what Air Force Base are Helen and Darrow at the opening of Chapter 4?
4. What did Linh do before he was drafted into the army?
5. What is Curt determined to do?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)