|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Curt determined to do?
(a) Ride a hundred foot wave.
(b) Buy great camera equipment when he returns to the states.
(c) Return to combat.
(d) Tour the Far East on his motorcycle.
2. Why is Saigon in chaos?
(a) The mayor of Saigon has died.
(b) The Americans have surrounded the city.
(c) There is an ongoing drought.
(d) The Comnmunists are on the outskirts of the city.
3. Why does the soldier allow Linh to stay with Helen?
(a) They are married.
(b) He says it doesn't matter anymore.
(c) He knows Linh.
(d) He is an American citizen.
4. What does Linh try to teach Darrow?
(a) Why the communists are winning.
(b) About the country of Vietnam.
(c) How to speak to a Vietnamese woman.
(d) How to care for his equipment in the humid jungle.
5. What does Helen find as she is returning to her apartment?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A lost girl.
(d) Another camera.
6. What does Jack say everyone is interested in as far as Helen is concerned?
(a) Sleeping with her.
(b) Seeing her fail.
(c) Sending her back to the states.
(d) Helping her find her brother.
7. Why did Michael go to Vietnam?
(a) He was drafted.
(b) To follow in his father's footsteps.
(c) To help stop the war from the inside.
(d) To stop communism.
8. Who was the first American Linh ever met?
(a) Matt Carter.
(b) Robert Canson.
(c) Sam Darrow.
9. What do the taxis in Saigon look like?
(a) Green and black Toyotas.
(b) White and red Renaults.
(c) They vary.
(d) Blue and white Renaults.
10. What does Darrow make clear to Helen when she next sees him?
(a) That he does not want children.
(b) That he will not take her in the field.
(c) That there is no chance for a relationship.
(d) That she should go home.
11. Why is Helen rushing to meet Robert?
(a) He has film for her.
(b) She is late for a date with him.
(c) He knows something about her brother.
(d) He is going to take her to a battle.
12. Why is Darrow arguing with a Lieutenant in Chapter 4?
(a) He will not let Helen on the helicopter.
(b) He says Darrow's camera equipment is too heavy.
(c) He wants Darrow to give him a bribe.
(d) He wants a date with Helen.
13. How does Linh feel when he sees a picture of Helen and Darrow on Darrow's table?
(a) Surprised and jealous.
14. What does Bao require Linh to do?
(a) Work for the North.
(b) Steer Darrow towards pro communists people.
(c) Give him half of his pay.
(d) Bao has no interest in Linh.
15. How do Darrow, Gary and Linh feel about Helen when they meet her?
(a) Excited to see a female journalist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen notice about how journalist act towards each other in the field?
2. What did Linh's father do for a living in Hanoi?
3. What do Helen and Darrow do the night they meet after dinner?
4. What does Mr. Bao know about Linh?
5. Who does Helen meet at the river?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)