|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teaches Helen about darkroom operation?
2. What is Curt determined to do?
(a) Tour the Far East on his motorcycle.
(b) Ride a hundred foot wave.
(c) Return to combat.
(d) Buy great camera equipment when he returns to the states.
3. What does a soldier say about the Vietnamese and life?
(a) They believe life is sacred.
(b) They do not value it like Americans.
(c) Nothing is said about the Vietnamese and life.
(d) They have no life with the war in their country.
4. What does Helen give Chuong?
(a) A pass to get on a plane.
(b) Her film.
5. Why does a Captain jump on Helen when she steps forward to take a picture of a grandfather?
(a) He says she is going to be killed.
(b) He says she is going to get them killed.
(c) He is angry she turned down his request for a date.
(d) He says women should not be in the field.
6. What does Linh feel Helen is doing to him?
(a) Making him wonder if Vietnamese men treat their women wrong.
(b) Making him feel better about Americans.
(c) Pushing him beyond his limits.
(d) Making him fall in love with her.
7. What does Helen start to do so the soldiers will respect her?
(a) Acts like a drill sergeant.
(b) Takes chances for great pictures.
(c) Acts more like a woman.
(d) Helps the medics save lives.
8. What does Helen attempt to do the evening she returns from the field?
(a) Avoid everyone.
(b) Get drunk.
(c) Find her brother.
(d) Find a new battery for her camera.
9. With what does Helen ask Darrow for help?
(a) Putting on the body harness.
(b) Adjusting her aperture.
(c) Loading her film.
(d) Tying her combat boots.
10. What do the taxis in Saigon look like?
(a) They vary.
(b) Green and black Toyotas.
(c) White and red Renaults.
(d) Blue and white Renaults.
11. What do Helen and Curt talk about on the way out of the field?
12. What did Linh do before he was drafted into the army?
(a) He was a writer and a poet.
(b) He was a lawyer.
(c) He was a farmer.
(d) He was a banker.
13. What does Linh tell Helen he will do when she leaves that morning?
(a) He will meet her at his sister's.
(b) He will get on a plane if she does not return.
(c) He was not at the apartment when she left.
(d) If she does not return he will stay in Saigon.
14. Why does the soldier allow Linh to stay with Helen?
(a) He knows Linh.
(b) He says it doesn't matter anymore.
(c) They are married.
(d) He is an American citizen.
15. What type of stories did Helen do on Cambodia?
(b) Stories about the animals there.
(c) Stories on their type of farmning.
(d) She did not do any stories on Cambodia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Helen get into the field without Darrow?
2. Why does Darrow send Linh to work with Helen?
3. What does Gary think about working with Darrow?
4. Why is Chuong allowed to stay in Helen's apartment building?
5. Why is Linh not with Helen at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)