|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linh feel Helen is doing to him?
(a) Pushing him beyond his limits.
(b) Making him fall in love with her.
(c) Making him feel better about Americans.
(d) Making him wonder if Vietnamese men treat their women wrong.
2. What do Helen and Curt talk about on the way out of the field?
3. What job does Helen have in Saigon?
(a) She has no job but is married to a Vietnamese.
(b) Civilian secretary for the army.
(d) USO performer.
4. Why is Darrow arguing with a Lieutenant in Chapter 4?
(a) He will not let Helen on the helicopter.
(b) He says Darrow's camera equipment is too heavy.
(c) He wants a date with Helen.
(d) He wants Darrow to give him a bribe.
5. Why does the soldier allow Linh to stay with Helen?
(a) They are married.
(b) He is an American citizen.
(c) He says it doesn't matter anymore.
(d) He knows Linh.
6. In what kind of unit was Helen's brother?
(a) The elite corps.
7. What do Helen and Darrow do the night they meet after dinner?
(a) Go dancing.
(b) Go out and shoot some pictures.
(c) Spend a long time talking.
(d) Go to bed together.
8. With what does Helen ask Darrow for help?
(a) Putting on the body harness.
(b) Adjusting her aperture.
(c) Loading her film.
(d) Tying her combat boots.
9. Where was Linh sent when he answered a Help Wanted ad?
(b) The Philippines.
(c) A U.S. army base in Saigon.
10. What do the taxis in Saigon look like?
(a) White and red Renaults.
(b) Green and black Toyotas.
(c) Blue and white Renaults.
(d) They vary.
11. What does Helen start to do so the soldiers will respect her?
(a) Helps the medics save lives.
(b) Takes chances for great pictures.
(c) Acts like a drill sergeant.
(d) Acts more like a woman.
12. Who teaches Helen about darkroom operation?
13. What does Gary think about working with Darrow?
(a) He is a difficult man.
(b) Darrow won't do his own work.
(c) Gary would rather work with him than anyone else.
(d) He has no thoughts on working with Darrow.
14. Why is Chuong allowed to stay in Helen's apartment building?
(a) He runs errands for the tenants.
(b) He is the manager's nephew.
(c) He is a good cook.
(d) He lives there with his mother.
15. What does Darrow give Helen the next morning?
(a) The key to his room.
(b) Her brother's last known location.
(c) A camera battery.
(d) A new type of film.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen hear when she wakes that morning?
2. What does Darrow make clear to Helen when she next sees him?
3. What does Linh say when Darrow mentions Linh is using a different name?
4. Why did Michael go to Vietnam?
5. How does Linh feel when he sees a picture of Helen and Darrow on Darrow's table?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)