|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Helen and Darrow do the night they meet after dinner?
(a) Go to bed together.
(b) Go out and shoot some pictures.
(c) Go dancing.
(d) Spend a long time talking.
2. What do the taxis in Saigon look like?
(a) Blue and white Renaults.
(b) White and red Renaults.
(c) They vary.
(d) Green and black Toyotas.
3. What does Gary think about working with Darrow?
(a) Darrow won't do his own work.
(b) He has no thoughts on working with Darrow.
(c) Gary would rather work with him than anyone else.
(d) He is a difficult man.
4. What is done to Helen when she is stopped?
(a) She is arrested.
(b) She is taken to a safe place.
(d) She is hit on the head.
5. How did Helen get into the field without Darrow?
(a) She found a Lieutenant who was sympathetic.
(b) Taking army journalist junkets.
(c) She forged press credentials.
(d) She followed soldiers in a taxi.
6. What is Helen's hope concerning herself and Linh?
(a) That they will wed.
(b) That she is not pregnant.
(c) That they will return to Saigon after the country has settled down.
(d) That he will forgive her.
7. Why do Helen's bags remained packed in the motel room?
(a) She does not trust the motel staff.
(b) She thinks she should leave Vietnam.
(c) She does not know where she is going next.
(d) She is too lazy to unpack them.
8. Why do the journalists feel ashamed when coming back from a shoot?
(a) They compete so much.
(b) They never seem to get a really great picture.
(c) They are embarrassed by the soldiers' behavior.
(d) Because they are exploiting tragedy.
9. When does Linh first spot Helen?
(a) During a conversation with Bao.
(b) In Darrow's room.
(c) In a battle helicopter.
(d) Among the faces at a press conference.
10. What is Helen's first assignment from Gary?
(a) To interview the American Ambassador.
(b) To cover the Buddhist strikes.
(c) To write a report on Vietnamese families and the war.
(d) To take pictures of peaceful places in Saigon.
11. How long has Annick lived in Vietnam?
(a) 15 years.
(b) Five years.
(c) All her life.
(d) 20 years.
12. What type of stories did Helen do on Cambodia?
(a) Stories about the animals there.
(b) Stories on their type of farmning.
(d) She did not do any stories on Cambodia.
13. Why is Helen rushing to meet Robert?
(a) She is late for a date with him.
(b) He has film for her.
(c) He is going to take her to a battle.
(d) He knows something about her brother.
14. Who teaches Helen about darkroom operation?
15. How long has Helen been in Vietnam?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Almost ten years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darrow make clear to Helen when she next sees him?
2. Why does Darrow put his camera down during a battle?
3. How do Darrow, Gary and Linh feel about Helen when they meet her?
4. With what does Helen ask Darrow for help?
5. Why does Helen not take any pictures in the field?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)