|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Linh's father do for a living in Hanoi?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A physician.
(c) A professor of literature.
(d) The town mayor.
2. What does Linh try to teach Darrow?
(a) Why the communists are winning.
(b) How to care for his equipment in the humid jungle.
(c) How to speak to a Vietnamese woman.
(d) About the country of Vietnam.
3. What happens shortly after Linh meets his first American?
(a) His village is bombed and his family is killed.
(b) He is arrested by the Americans.
(c) He is discharged from the army.
(d) His son is born.
4. How long has Annick lived in Vietnam?
(a) All her life.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) Five years.
5. What does Helen notice about how journalist act towards each other in the field?
(a) No one speaks to each other.
(b) They help each other out and feel no competition.
(c) They compete and cooperate.
(d) It is dog eat dog.
6. What does Helen think she needs to do if she is going to survive Vietnam?
(a) Pretend to be a communist sympathizer.
(b) Stay out of the front lines.
(c) Get a flak vest and helmet.
(d) Make friends with others in Saigon.
7. What is done to Helen when she is stopped?
(a) She is taken to a safe place.
(b) She is hit on the head.
(c) She is arrested.
8. What worries Darrow about Helen the most?
(a) That she will stay in Vietnam too long.
(b) That she really is pregnant.
(c) That she will be killed.
(d) That she will find someone else.
9. What does Linh tell Helen he will do when she leaves that morning?
(a) If she does not return he will stay in Saigon.
(b) He will get on a plane if she does not return.
(c) He was not at the apartment when she left.
(d) He will meet her at his sister's.
10. How long has Helen been in Vietnam?
(a) Five years.
(b) Almost ten years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three years.
11. What does Gary think about working with Darrow?
(a) He has no thoughts on working with Darrow.
(b) Gary would rather work with him than anyone else.
(c) He is a difficult man.
(d) Darrow won't do his own work.
12. What does Helen give Chuong?
(b) A pass to get on a plane.
(d) Her film.
13. What does Darrow tell Helen during Christmas dinner?
(a) He wants to marry her.
(b) She needs to go back to the states.
(c) Jack has been killed.
(d) He is leaving the country.
14. Why is Helen stopped in the street?
(a) Because she is carrying a camera.
(b) She looks like she is rich.
(c) Because she is a black woman.
(d) Because her face is not covered and she is female.
15. Why is Helen angry at Darrow?
(a) For telling everyone what happened in the field with Helen.
(b) For making light of her brother.
(c) For ignoring her all day.
(d) For not helping her with the Lieutenant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darrow make clear to Helen when she next sees him?
2. What does Linh feel Helen is doing to him?
3. In what kind of unit is Frank MacCrae serving?
4. What type of stories did Helen do on Cambodia?
5. What is Helen's first assignment from Gary?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)