|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Darrow arguing with a Lieutenant in Chapter 4?
(a) He says Darrow's camera equipment is too heavy.
(b) He wants a date with Helen.
(c) He wants Darrow to give him a bribe.
(d) He will not let Helen on the helicopter.
2. Why is Linh not with Helen at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is out of the city.
(b) He is visiting his mother in the northwest section.
(c) He has been injured.
(d) They have had an argument.
3. From what story did the quote about the Lotus Eaters come?
(a) Jane Eyre.
(b) Call of the Wild.
(c) The Odessey.
(d) Star Wars.
4. Who does Helen meet at the river?
(a) Lily Cantor.
(b) Matt Tanner.
(c) Thomas Roberts.
(d) Paul Phillips.
5. Why does Helen not take any pictures in the field?
(a) She was too frightened.
(b) She was only there to observe.
(c) Her camera's battery was too low.
(d) She forgot film.
6. Who teaches Helen about darkroom operation?
7. Where do Helen and Linh go?
(a) To an American army base.
(b) To a hospital.
(c) To his parents' house.
(d) To the embassy.
8. Why does the soldier allow Linh to stay with Helen?
(a) He says it doesn't matter anymore.
(b) He knows Linh.
(c) He is an American citizen.
(d) They are married.
9. Why is Helen worried when she does not hear from Darrow?
(a) She thinks she might be pregnant.
(b) She worries about their relationship.
(c) She needs him to get out into the field.
(d) She is afraid he has been killed.
10. What do Helen and Curt talk about on the way out of the field?
11. Why does a Captain jump on Helen when she steps forward to take a picture of a grandfather?
(a) He says she is going to get them killed.
(b) He says she is going to be killed.
(c) He says women should not be in the field.
(d) He is angry she turned down his request for a date.
12. What happens shortly after Linh meets his first American?
(a) His son is born.
(b) He is discharged from the army.
(c) He is arrested by the Americans.
(d) His village is bombed and his family is killed.
13. Why do Helen's bags remained packed in the motel room?
(a) She does not trust the motel staff.
(b) She is too lazy to unpack them.
(c) She does not know where she is going next.
(d) She thinks she should leave Vietnam.
14. Why is Chuong allowed to stay in Helen's apartment building?
(a) He runs errands for the tenants.
(b) He lives there with his mother.
(c) He is a good cook.
(d) He is the manager's nephew.
15. What does Helen give Chuong?
(a) Her film.
(b) A pass to get on a plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What worries Darrow about Helen the most?
2. How do Darrow, Gary and Linh feel about Helen when they meet her?
3. What does Bao require Linh to do?
4. What is Helen's first assignment from Gary?
5. How did Helen get into the field without Darrow?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)