|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Helen's brother's name?
2. What do the taxis in Saigon look like?
(a) They vary.
(b) Green and black Toyotas.
(c) Blue and white Renaults.
(d) White and red Renaults.
3. What does Darrow make clear to Helen when she next sees him?
(a) That he does not want children.
(b) That there is no chance for a relationship.
(c) That he will not take her in the field.
(d) That she should go home.
4. Who does Helen meet at the river?
(a) Lily Cantor.
(b) Matt Tanner.
(c) Paul Phillips.
(d) Thomas Roberts.
5. Why is Helen stopped in the street?
(a) Because she is a black woman.
(b) She looks like she is rich.
(c) Because her face is not covered and she is female.
(d) Because she is carrying a camera.
6. What does Helen think she needs to do if she is going to survive Vietnam?
(a) Get a flak vest and helmet.
(b) Pretend to be a communist sympathizer.
(c) Make friends with others in Saigon.
(d) Stay out of the front lines.
7. What is done to Helen when she is stopped?
(a) She is hit on the head.
(b) She is taken to a safe place.
(c) She is arrested.
8. How does Linh feel when he sees a picture of Helen and Darrow on Darrow's table?
(c) Surprised and jealous.
9. How did Helen get into the field without Darrow?
(a) She followed soldiers in a taxi.
(b) Taking army journalist junkets.
(c) She forged press credentials.
(d) She found a Lieutenant who was sympathetic.
10. Why is Chuong allowed to stay in Helen's apartment building?
(a) He lives there with his mother.
(b) He runs errands for the tenants.
(c) He is the manager's nephew.
(d) He is a good cook.
11. What does Helen give Chuong?
(c) Her film.
(d) A pass to get on a plane.
12. What does Linh say when Darrow mentions Linh is using a different name?
(a) He always hated his given name.
(c) That other man is dead.
(d) The first name was false.
13. Why is Saigon in chaos?
(a) The mayor of Saigon has died.
(b) The Americans have surrounded the city.
(c) There is an ongoing drought.
(d) The Comnmunists are on the outskirts of the city.
14. What does Helen notice about how journalist act towards each other in the field?
(a) No one speaks to each other.
(b) They help each other out and feel no competition.
(c) They compete and cooperate.
(d) It is dog eat dog.
15. Why does Darrow send Linh to work with Helen?
(a) He says Linh will be valuable to Helen.
(b) Linh has asked to be assigned to her.
(c) He wants to keep Linh safe.
(d) He is upset with Linh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linh tell Helen he will do when she leaves that morning?
2. Why does Darrow put his camera down during a battle?
3. Why does a Captain jump on Helen when she steps forward to take a picture of a grandfather?
4. What does Darrow tell Helen during Christmas dinner?
5. What is Curt determined to do?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)