|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Helen rushing to meet Robert?
(a) She is late for a date with him.
(b) He is going to take her to a battle.
(c) He has film for her.
(d) He knows something about her brother.
2. Why is Linh not with Helen at the beginning of the book?
(a) They have had an argument.
(b) He is out of the city.
(c) He is visiting his mother in the northwest section.
(d) He has been injured.
3. What happens to MacCrae a few weeks after Helen meets him?
(a) He is transferred to Cambodia.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is sent home.
(d) He loses his sight.
4. What is Helen's first assignment from Gary?
(a) To take pictures of peaceful places in Saigon.
(b) To interview the American Ambassador.
(c) To write a report on Vietnamese families and the war.
(d) To cover the Buddhist strikes.
5. Why does a Captain jump on Helen when she steps forward to take a picture of a grandfather?
(a) He is angry she turned down his request for a date.
(b) He says she is going to be killed.
(c) He says women should not be in the field.
(d) He says she is going to get them killed.
6. What is Curt determined to do?
(a) Tour the Far East on his motorcycle.
(b) Ride a hundred foot wave.
(c) Buy great camera equipment when he returns to the states.
(d) Return to combat.
7. What does Gary think about working with Darrow?
(a) Darrow won't do his own work.
(b) He has no thoughts on working with Darrow.
(c) Gary would rather work with him than anyone else.
(d) He is a difficult man.
8. What does Darrow give Helen the next morning?
(a) A camera battery.
(b) A new type of film.
(c) Her brother's last known location.
(d) The key to his room.
9. What does Bao require Linh to do?
(a) Bao has no interest in Linh.
(b) Give him half of his pay.
(c) Steer Darrow towards pro communists people.
(d) Work for the North.
10. Why is Chuong allowed to stay in Helen's apartment building?
(a) He is a good cook.
(b) He runs errands for the tenants.
(c) He lives there with his mother.
(d) He is the manager's nephew.
11. How does Darrow get the Lieutenant to do what Darrow wants?
(a) Agrees to leave Helen.
(b) Slip him a hundred dollar bill.
(c) Forgive a gambling debt.
(d) Leaves one camera behind.
12. Where was Linh sent when he answered a Help Wanted ad?
(b) The Philippines.
(d) A U.S. army base in Saigon.
13. Why does Darrow send Linh to work with Helen?
(a) He wants to keep Linh safe.
(b) He says Linh will be valuable to Helen.
(c) He is upset with Linh.
(d) Linh has asked to be assigned to her.
14. What does Linh try to teach Darrow?
(a) How to care for his equipment in the humid jungle.
(b) About the country of Vietnam.
(c) Why the communists are winning.
(d) How to speak to a Vietnamese woman.
15. What is Helen's brother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Saigon in chaos?
2. What does Linh say when Darrow mentions Linh is using a different name?
3. Why does Darrow put his camera down during a battle?
4. Why is Helen angry at Darrow?
5. How did Helen get into the field without Darrow?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)