|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linh feel Helen is doing to him?
(a) Pushing him beyond his limits.
(b) Making him wonder if Vietnamese men treat their women wrong.
(c) Making him fall in love with her.
(d) Making him feel better about Americans.
2. What does Darrow tell Helen during Christmas dinner?
(a) She needs to go back to the states.
(b) He wants to marry her.
(c) He is leaving the country.
(d) Jack has been killed.
3. What is Helen's brother's name?
4. What job does Helen have in Saigon?
(b) She has no job but is married to a Vietnamese.
(c) USO performer.
(d) Civilian secretary for the army.
5. What does a soldier say about the Vietnamese and life?
(a) Nothing is said about the Vietnamese and life.
(b) They have no life with the war in their country.
(c) They believe life is sacred.
(d) They do not value it like Americans.
6. In what kind of unit was Helen's brother?
(c) The elite corps.
7. Why is Helen worried when she does not hear from Darrow?
(a) She thinks she might be pregnant.
(b) She worries about their relationship.
(c) She is afraid he has been killed.
(d) She needs him to get out into the field.
8. Who does Helen meet at the river?
(a) Paul Phillips.
(b) Lily Cantor.
(c) Matt Tanner.
(d) Thomas Roberts.
9. Why does Helen not take any pictures in the field?
(a) She was too frightened.
(b) She forgot film.
(c) She was only there to observe.
(d) Her camera's battery was too low.
10. When does Linh first spot Helen?
(a) During a conversation with Bao.
(b) In a battle helicopter.
(c) In Darrow's room.
(d) Among the faces at a press conference.
11. What does Helen notice about how journalist act towards each other in the field?
(a) It is dog eat dog.
(b) No one speaks to each other.
(c) They compete and cooperate.
(d) They help each other out and feel no competition.
12. Where do Helen and Linh go?
(a) To the embassy.
(b) To a hospital.
(c) To his parents' house.
(d) To an American army base.
13. Why is Darrow arguing with a Lieutenant in Chapter 4?
(a) He wants a date with Helen.
(b) He says Darrow's camera equipment is too heavy.
(c) He wants Darrow to give him a bribe.
(d) He will not let Helen on the helicopter.
14. What does Helen start to do so the soldiers will respect her?
(a) Helps the medics save lives.
(b) Takes chances for great pictures.
(c) Acts more like a woman.
(d) Acts like a drill sergeant.
15. Why is Helen rushing to meet Robert?
(a) He knows something about her brother.
(b) He has film for her.
(c) He is going to take her to a battle.
(d) She is late for a date with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen attempt to do the evening she returns from the field?
2. What do Helen and Darrow do the night they meet after dinner?
3. What is Helen's hope concerning herself and Linh?
4. What do the taxis in Saigon look like?
5. How long has Annick lived in Vietnam?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)