|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Helen and Curt talk about on the way out of the field?
2. What is done to Helen when she is stopped?
(a) She is taken to a safe place.
(c) She is arrested.
(d) She is hit on the head.
3. What does Helen attempt to do the evening she returns from the field?
(a) Find her brother.
(b) Avoid everyone.
(c) Find a new battery for her camera.
(d) Get drunk.
4. What is Helen's brother's name?
5. What does Helen arrange for Linh?
(a) Access to her bank account.
(b) A false passport.
(c) New paperwork.
(d) A medic.
6. What does Helen hear when she wakes that morning?
(c) Nothing unusual.
7. In what kind of unit was Helen's brother?
(c) The elite corps.
8. Why does Darrow send Linh to work with Helen?
(a) He is upset with Linh.
(b) He says Linh will be valuable to Helen.
(c) He wants to keep Linh safe.
(d) Linh has asked to be assigned to her.
9. Where was Linh sent when he answered a Help Wanted ad?
(c) A U.S. army base in Saigon.
(d) The Philippines.
10. What happens shortly after Linh meets his first American?
(a) He is arrested by the Americans.
(b) His son is born.
(c) His village is bombed and his family is killed.
(d) He is discharged from the army.
11. How does Darrow get the Lieutenant to do what Darrow wants?
(a) Leaves one camera behind.
(b) Slip him a hundred dollar bill.
(c) Forgive a gambling debt.
(d) Agrees to leave Helen.
12. What type of stories did Helen do on Cambodia?
(a) Stories on their type of farmning.
(c) Stories about the animals there.
(d) She did not do any stories on Cambodia.
13. Why does a Captain jump on Helen when she steps forward to take a picture of a grandfather?
(a) He says she is going to be killed.
(b) He says women should not be in the field.
(c) He is angry she turned down his request for a date.
(d) He says she is going to get them killed.
14. What does Helen notice about how journalist act towards each other in the field?
(a) It is dog eat dog.
(b) They compete and cooperate.
(c) No one speaks to each other.
(d) They help each other out and feel no competition.
15. Who does Helen meet at the river?
(a) Paul Phillips.
(b) Thomas Roberts.
(c) Lily Cantor.
(d) Matt Tanner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Helen have in Saigon?
2. Who teaches Helen about darkroom operation?
3. Where does Helen meet Annick?
4. Why is Helen angry at Darrow?
5. Who was the first American Linh ever met?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)