|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first American Linh ever met?
(a) Matt Carter.
(b) Robert Canson.
(c) Sam Darrow.
2. What does Gary think about working with Darrow?
(a) Gary would rather work with him than anyone else.
(b) He has no thoughts on working with Darrow.
(c) Darrow won't do his own work.
(d) He is a difficult man.
3. How does Darrow get the Lieutenant to do what Darrow wants?
(a) Agrees to leave Helen.
(b) Leaves one camera behind.
(c) Forgive a gambling debt.
(d) Slip him a hundred dollar bill.
4. Why do the journalists feel ashamed when coming back from a shoot?
(a) Because they are exploiting tragedy.
(b) They are embarrassed by the soldiers' behavior.
(c) They never seem to get a really great picture.
(d) They compete so much.
5. What is done to Helen when she is stopped?
(a) She is taken to a safe place.
(b) She is arrested.
(c) She is hit on the head.
6. Where do Helen and Linh go?
(a) To an American army base.
(b) To his parents' house.
(c) To a hospital.
(d) To the embassy.
7. What does Linh try to teach Darrow?
(a) About the country of Vietnam.
(b) How to speak to a Vietnamese woman.
(c) Why the communists are winning.
(d) How to care for his equipment in the humid jungle.
8. From what story did the quote about the Lotus Eaters come?
(a) Call of the Wild.
(b) The Odessey.
(c) Jane Eyre.
(d) Star Wars.
9. Why does a Captain jump on Helen when she steps forward to take a picture of a grandfather?
(a) He is angry she turned down his request for a date.
(b) He says she is going to get them killed.
(c) He says she is going to be killed.
(d) He says women should not be in the field.
10. Why is Helen stopped in the street?
(a) Because she is a black woman.
(b) Because her face is not covered and she is female.
(c) Because she is carrying a camera.
(d) She looks like she is rich.
11. What does Helen notice about how journalist act towards each other in the field?
(a) No one speaks to each other.
(b) They help each other out and feel no competition.
(c) They compete and cooperate.
(d) It is dog eat dog.
12. Who teaches Helen about darkroom operation?
13. Why is Helen rushing to meet Robert?
(a) He has film for her.
(b) She is late for a date with him.
(c) He knows something about her brother.
(d) He is going to take her to a battle.
14. What happens to MacCrae a few weeks after Helen meets him?
(a) He is sent home.
(b) He loses his sight.
(c) He is transferred to Cambodia.
(d) He is killed.
15. In what kind of unit was Helen's brother?
(b) The elite corps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Helen and Darrow do the night they meet after dinner?
2. What does Helen attempt to do the evening she returns from the field?
3. Why does the soldier allow Linh to stay with Helen?
4. Why does Darrow send Linh to work with Helen?
5. How long has Annick lived in Vietnam?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)