Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linh feel Helen is doing to him?
(a) Making him feel better about Americans.
(b) Pushing him beyond his limits.
(c) Making him fall in love with her.
(d) Making him wonder if Vietnamese men treat their women wrong.
2. Why is Helen rushing to meet Robert?
(a) She is late for a date with him.
(b) He has film for her.
(c) He knows something about her brother.
(d) He is going to take her to a battle.
3. What does Jack say everyone is interested in as far as Helen is concerned?
(a) Seeing her fail.
(b) Sleeping with her.
(c) Sending her back to the states.
(d) Helping her find her brother.
4. Who does Helen meet at the river?
(a) Thomas Roberts.
(b) Matt Tanner.
(c) Lily Cantor.
(d) Paul Phillips.
5. What is Helen's brother's name?
6. Why does a Captain jump on Helen when she steps forward to take a picture of a grandfather?
(a) He says she is going to get them killed.
(b) He says women should not be in the field.
(c) He says she is going to be killed.
(d) He is angry she turned down his request for a date.
7. What job does Helen have in Saigon?
(a) She has no job but is married to a Vietnamese.
(b) USO performer.
(d) Civilian secretary for the army.
8. What happens when the men in the book in question #1 eat the Lotus Flower?
(a) They fall asleep and never wake up.
(b) They fall in love with the women there.
(c) They lose all desire to leave the meadows.
(d) They turn into monsters.
9. Where was Linh sent when he answered a Help Wanted ad?
(b) A U.S. army base in Saigon.
(c) The Philippines.
10. Who was the first American Linh ever met?
(a) Matt Carter.
(b) Sam Darrow.
(c) Robert Canson.
11. What does Helen attempt to do the evening she returns from the field?
(a) Avoid everyone.
(b) Find her brother.
(c) Get drunk.
(d) Find a new battery for her camera.
12. With what does Helen ask Darrow for help?
(a) Tying her combat boots.
(b) Loading her film.
(c) Adjusting her aperture.
(d) Putting on the body harness.
13. Why do Helen's bags remained packed in the motel room?
(a) She is too lazy to unpack them.
(b) She does not know where she is going next.
(c) She does not trust the motel staff.
(d) She thinks she should leave Vietnam.
14. What does Darrow tell Helen during Christmas dinner?
(a) He wants to marry her.
(b) Jack has been killed.
(c) He is leaving the country.
(d) She needs to go back to the states.
15. What does Helen hear when she wakes that morning?
(a) Nothing unusual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Bao know about Linh?
2. What does Linh say when Darrow mentions Linh is using a different name?
3. How long has Annick lived in Vietnam?
4. Why did Michael go to Vietnam?
5. What is Helen's hope concerning herself and Linh?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)