|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Helen rushing to meet Robert?
(a) He is going to take her to a battle.
(b) He has film for her.
(c) He knows something about her brother.
(d) She is late for a date with him.
2. Where do Helen and Linh go?
(a) To a hospital.
(b) To an American army base.
(c) To the embassy.
(d) To his parents' house.
3. Why is Linh not with Helen at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is visiting his mother in the northwest section.
(b) He is out of the city.
(c) They have had an argument.
(d) He has been injured.
4. With what does Helen ask Darrow for help?
(a) Adjusting her aperture.
(b) Tying her combat boots.
(c) Putting on the body harness.
(d) Loading her film.
5. What do Helen and Curt talk about on the way out of the field?
6. What does Helen arrange for Linh?
(a) New paperwork.
(b) A medic.
(c) A false passport.
(d) Access to her bank account.
7. When does Linh first spot Helen?
(a) In a battle helicopter.
(b) In Darrow's room.
(c) During a conversation with Bao.
(d) Among the faces at a press conference.
8. What does Darrow tell Helen during Christmas dinner?
(a) He is leaving the country.
(b) Jack has been killed.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) She needs to go back to the states.
9. What job does Helen have in Saigon?
(a) Civilian secretary for the army.
(b) She has no job but is married to a Vietnamese.
(c) USO performer.
10. What does Linh feel Helen is doing to him?
(a) Making him wonder if Vietnamese men treat their women wrong.
(b) Making him fall in love with her.
(c) Pushing him beyond his limits.
(d) Making him feel better about Americans.
11. What happens shortly after Linh meets his first American?
(a) His village is bombed and his family is killed.
(b) He is arrested by the Americans.
(c) He is discharged from the army.
(d) His son is born.
12. What does Linh try to teach Darrow?
(a) Why the communists are winning.
(b) How to care for his equipment in the humid jungle.
(c) How to speak to a Vietnamese woman.
(d) About the country of Vietnam.
13. What type of stories did Helen do on Cambodia?
(a) Stories about the animals there.
(c) She did not do any stories on Cambodia.
(d) Stories on their type of farmning.
14. Why is Helen angry at Darrow?
(a) For not helping her with the Lieutenant.
(b) For ignoring her all day.
(c) For making light of her brother.
(d) For telling everyone what happened in the field with Helen.
15. Why is Darrow arguing with a Lieutenant in Chapter 4?
(a) He says Darrow's camera equipment is too heavy.
(b) He will not let Helen on the helicopter.
(c) He wants a date with Helen.
(d) He wants Darrow to give him a bribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what kind of unit is Frank MacCrae serving?
2. Why does the soldier allow Linh to stay with Helen?
3. Why does Helen not take any pictures in the field?
4. How does Darrow get the Lieutenant to do what Darrow wants?
5. What does Darrow make clear to Helen when she next sees him?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)