|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen hear when she wakes that morning?
(b) Nothing unusual.
2. What picture does Linh stare at while he is dreaming?
(a) One of Helen.
(b) One of his dead wife.
(c) One of his village in the early dawn before the war begins.
(d) One of his still-living child.
3. What does Linh feel Helen is doing to him?
(a) Making him feel better about Americans.
(b) Making him fall in love with her.
(c) Making him wonder if Vietnamese men treat their women wrong.
(d) Pushing him beyond his limits.
4. What does a soldier say about the Vietnamese and life?
(a) They believe life is sacred.
(b) They have no life with the war in their country.
(c) Nothing is said about the Vietnamese and life.
(d) They do not value it like Americans.
5. What does Helen photograph?
(a) The Viet Cong invading Saigon.
(b) The many orphaned children.
(c) The destruction the Viet Cong wreak on Saigon.
(d) The death of many of her friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helen black out?
2. What does Linh talk Helen into doing?
3. What does Helen decide the Communists can do?
4. Where does Helen meet Annick?
5. What does Linh say having Helen around has done?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)