|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Linh berate Helen?
(a) She is insisting on going where press are not allowed.
(b) For loving a dead man.
(c) He says she is acting like a child.
(d) She is so stoic.
2. What does Helen learn about concerning Linh?
(a) That he still has one child alive somewhere.
(b) That he is a deserter.
(c) The tragedy concerning his family.
(d) His connections with the Viet Cong.
3. What does Robert say concerns him about Darrow?
(a) Darrow is too involved with the country.
(b) Darrow is shut down emotionally.
(c) Darrow takes unnecessary risks.
(d) Darrow is destructive to his friends.
4. To what do Helen's thoughts eventually return?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father's final words as she was leaving the States.
(c) Leaving Vietnam.
(d) What has happened to some of the soldiers she met in the field.
5. What offer does Linh refuse from Robert?
(a) To be a correspondent in Thailand.
(b) A job and American citizenship.
(c) To be a correspondent in Burma.
(d) To fly to the States for Darrow's funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen think she needs to do if she is going to survive Vietnam?
2. What does Helen photograph?
3. What type of stories did Helen do on Cambodia?
4. What does Helen say she might have to make an excuse to do?
5. Why does Darrow send Linh to work with Helen?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)