|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darrow call Helen when he meets her?
(a) A child playing with fire.
(b) A looky-loo.
(c) A great addition.
(d) A scheming female.
2. What does Linh try to teach Darrow?
(a) How to speak to a Vietnamese woman.
(b) Why the communists are winning.
(c) How to care for his equipment in the humid jungle.
(d) About the country of Vietnam.
3. What does Helen tell Darrow?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She can't do this life anymore.
(c) She is accompanying the regiment that is moving north.
(d) She is leaving him for Robert.
4. What does Linh think has been locked away?
(a) His heart.
(b) His sense of duty.
(c) His mind.
(d) His love of country.
5. What did Linh do before he was drafted into the army?
(a) He was a writer and a poet.
(b) He was a banker.
(c) He was a farmer.
(d) He was a lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darrow say he will do with Helen?
2. What does a soldier say about the Vietnamese and life?
3. What does Helen photograph?
4. What does Linh tell Helen he cannot do?
5. With what does Helen become involved while she is staying with Darrow?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)