|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 12-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what story did the quote about the Lotus Eaters come?
(a) Star Wars.
(b) Call of the Wild.
(c) The Odessey.
(d) Jane Eyre.
2. What does a soldier say about the Vietnamese and life?
(a) They have no life with the war in their country.
(b) Nothing is said about the Vietnamese and life.
(c) They believe life is sacred.
(d) They do not value it like Americans.
3. At what Air Force Base are Helen and Darrow at the opening of Chapter 4?
(b) Bien Hoa.
(c) Dong Kwi.
(d) Hanoi Phi.
4. What does Darrow make clear to Helen when she next sees him?
(a) That he will not take her in the field.
(b) That she should go home.
(c) That he does not want children.
(d) That there is no chance for a relationship.
5. What does Helen think she needs to do if she is going to survive Vietnam?
(a) Stay out of the front lines.
(b) Pretend to be a communist sympathizer.
(c) Make friends with others in Saigon.
(d) Get a flak vest and helmet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linh tell Helen he will do when she leaves that morning?
2. What does Helen learn about concerning Linh?
3. What does Linh try to teach Darrow?
4. What type of stories did Helen do on Cambodia?
5. What does Linh wish about Darrow?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)