|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 12-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a soldier say about the Vietnamese and life?
(a) They believe life is sacred.
(b) Nothing is said about the Vietnamese and life.
(c) They do not value it like Americans.
(d) They have no life with the war in their country.
2. What does Darrow tell Helen he hates about himself?
(a) That he sees himself in Tanner.
(b) That he does not have the guts to leave Vietnam.
(c) That he has no feelings left.
(d) That he sometimes wants to ask Helen to marry him.
3. What does Darrow say about Helen to the USAID man?
(a) She has simple tastes.
(b) She is crazy.
(c) She prefers soldiers over aid workers.
(d) She is his.
4. Who does a soldier say were heroes?
(a) No one.
(b) Anderson and the pilot.
(c) Darrow and Linh.
(d) Darrow and Anderson.
5. What does Gary think about working with Darrow?
(a) He has no thoughts on working with Darrow.
(b) Darrow won't do his own work.
(c) Gary would rather work with him than anyone else.
(d) He is a difficult man.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Helen dance at Robert's going away party?
2. Why is Helen rushing to meet Robert?
3. What does Linh say having Helen around has done?
4. What does Helen find as she is returning to her apartment?
5. Why is Saigon in chaos?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)