|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 12-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer does Linh refuse from Robert?
(a) To fly to the States for Darrow's funeral.
(b) A job and American citizenship.
(c) To be a correspondent in Thailand.
(d) To be a correspondent in Burma.
2. Why do the journalists feel ashamed when coming back from a shoot?
(a) They compete so much.
(b) Because they are exploiting tragedy.
(c) They never seem to get a really great picture.
(d) They are embarrassed by the soldiers' behavior.
3. Who does Helen meet at the river?
(a) Thomas Roberts.
(b) Lily Cantor.
(c) Matt Tanner.
(d) Paul Phillips.
4. How does Linh decide he can pay tribute to Darrow?
(a) By sending Helen home.
(b) By going to the States and talking to Darrow's wife in person.
(c) By taking over Darrow's work.
(d) By marrying Helen.
5. What does Darrow want to do on the visit?
(a) Take pictures of the children.
(b) Adopt a child.
(c) Ask the Viet Cong what they want.
(d) Find Linh's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stories does Linh tell children while he was away?
2. How does Linh feel when he sees a picture of Helen and Darrow on Darrow's table?
3. What does Linh say when Darrow mentions Linh is using a different name?
4. What happens when the men in the book in question #1 eat the Lotus Flower?
5. What does Gary think about working with Darrow?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)