|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 12-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen resent?
(a) The two USAID men's sexism.
(b) Darrow assuming she will stay with him.
(c) Darrow wanting her to leave.
(d) Linh's patronizing.
2. What does Darrow say about himself?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He does not have a death wish.
(c) He hates the United States for starting this war.
(d) He is not married.
3. What is Robert's new position?
(a) Department Head.
(b) Bureau Chief.
(d) Senior Correspondent.
4. What is Helen's first assignment from Gary?
(a) To cover the Buddhist strikes.
(b) To take pictures of peaceful places in Saigon.
(c) To write a report on Vietnamese families and the war.
(d) To interview the American Ambassador.
5. What does Helen say she might have to make an excuse to do?
(a) Leave Darrow because she is too emotionally involved.
(b) Go back to Saigon.
(c) Hire on with another magazine.
(d) Go back to the States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darrow tell Helen during Christmas dinner?
2. What did Linh's father do for a living in Hanoi?
3. Why do Helen's bags remained packed in the motel room?
4. How does Darrow say Helen should view Linh?
5. Why is Helen angry at Darrow?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)