|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 12-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darrow say he did not care about for a long time?
(a) The country of his birth.
(b) The Vietnamese.
(c) His work.
(d) His life.
2. What does Thao say the dinner is for that she makes Linh?
(a) To show him that his heart is still in Vietnam.
(b) To thank him for his kindness to her.
(c) No reason.
(d) To ask him an important question.
3. How does Linh decide he can pay tribute to Darrow?
(a) By going to the States and talking to Darrow's wife in person.
(b) By marrying Helen.
(c) By sending Helen home.
(d) By taking over Darrow's work.
4. What does Helen find as she is returning to her apartment?
(a) A lost girl.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) Another camera.
(d) A pair of shoes.
5. How does Darrow say Helen should view Linh?
(a) As a man from a very patriarchal culture.
(b) As a spy.
(c) As the enemy.
(d) As her guardian angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Linh berate himself?
2. What does Darrow make clear to Helen when she next sees him?
3. What does Helen learn about concerning Linh?
4. What does Helen say she needs of Linh?
5. To what do Helen's thoughts eventually return?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)