|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 12-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worries Darrow about Helen the most?
(a) That she will find someone else.
(b) That she will be killed.
(c) That she really is pregnant.
(d) That she will stay in Vietnam too long.
2. Why does Linh berate Helen?
(a) She is so stoic.
(b) For loving a dead man.
(c) He says she is acting like a child.
(d) She is insisting on going where press are not allowed.
3. What picture does Linh stare at while he is dreaming?
(a) One of his dead wife.
(b) One of Helen.
(c) One of his village in the early dawn before the war begins.
(d) One of his still-living child.
4. What does Darrow want to encourage Americans to do?
(a) Refuse to join the military.
(b) Pressure the government to stop the war.
(c) Send more money to rehabilitate wounded South Vietnamese soldiers.
(d) Send money to the Red Cross for the children.
5. What offer does Linh refuse from Robert?
(a) To be a correspondent in Thailand.
(b) To fly to the States for Darrow's funeral.
(c) To be a correspondent in Burma.
(d) A job and American citizenship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen say she might have to make an excuse to do?
2. What seems to fade into the distance for Helen?
3. How does Darrow say Helen should view Linh?
4. What does Darrow call Helen when he meets her?
5. Where does Helen go with two green berets?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)