|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Linh first spot Helen?
(a) Among the faces at a press conference.
(b) In Darrow's room.
(c) In a battle helicopter.
(d) During a conversation with Bao.
2. What does Linh feel Helen is doing to him?
(a) Making him wonder if Vietnamese men treat their women wrong.
(b) Making him fall in love with her.
(c) Pushing him beyond his limits.
(d) Making him feel better about Americans.
3. What does Linh wish about Darrow?
(a) That Darrow would let him work with Helen fulltime.
(b) That Linh was only working with Darrow.
(c) That Darrow would take him to the United States.
(d) That Darrow would want to go into Cambodia.
4. Why is Linh not with Helen at the beginning of the book?
(a) They have had an argument.
(b) He is out of the city.
(c) He is visiting his mother in the northwest section.
(d) He has been injured.
5. What type of stories did Helen do on Cambodia?
(a) She did not do any stories on Cambodia.
(c) Stories on their type of farmning.
(d) Stories about the animals there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen resent?
2. Where do Helen and Linh go?
3. What does Darrow tell Helen during Christmas dinner?
4. What does Helen say Linh had done?
5. What does Helen think she needs to do if she is going to survive Vietnam?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)