|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the soldier allow Linh to stay with Helen?
(a) They are married.
(b) He knows Linh.
(c) He says it doesn't matter anymore.
(d) He is an American citizen.
2. Where was Linh sent when he answered a Help Wanted ad?
(b) The Philippines.
(d) A U.S. army base in Saigon.
3. Who has agreed to take care of Darrow while he heals?
(a) No one.
(b) Linh and Mai Long.
(c) Two men who work for USAID.
4. Why is Helen worried when she does not hear from Darrow?
(a) She is afraid he has been killed.
(b) She worries about their relationship.
(c) She needs him to get out into the field.
(d) She thinks she might be pregnant.
5. Why do the journalists feel ashamed when coming back from a shoot?
(a) They are embarrassed by the soldiers' behavior.
(b) They compete so much.
(c) They never seem to get a really great picture.
(d) Because they are exploiting tragedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linh say having Helen around has done?
2. What does Darrow say about himself?
3. Why does Darrow put his camera down during a battle?
4. Who was the first American Linh ever met?
5. To what do Helen's thoughts eventually return?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)