|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Linh's father do for a living in Hanoi?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A professor of literature.
(c) A physician.
(d) The town mayor.
2. What is Curt determined to do?
(a) Tour the Far East on his motorcycle.
(b) Ride a hundred foot wave.
(c) Return to combat.
(d) Buy great camera equipment when he returns to the states.
3. Why do the journalists feel ashamed when coming back from a shoot?
(a) Because they are exploiting tragedy.
(b) They never seem to get a really great picture.
(c) They are embarrassed by the soldiers' behavior.
(d) They compete so much.
4. What does a soldier say about the Vietnamese and life?
(a) They do not value it like Americans.
(b) They believe life is sacred.
(c) They have no life with the war in their country.
(d) Nothing is said about the Vietnamese and life.
5. To what do Helen's thoughts eventually return?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father's final words as she was leaving the States.
(c) What has happened to some of the soldiers she met in the field.
(d) Leaving Vietnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what story did the quote about the Lotus Eaters come?
2. At what Air Force Base are Helen and Darrow at the opening of Chapter 4?
3. What does Helen give Chuong?
4. In what kind of unit is Frank MacCrae serving?
5. What is Helen's hope concerning herself and Linh?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)