|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Helen become involved while she is staying with Darrow?
(a) The school.
(b) Village life.
(c) One of the USAID men.
(d) A food program for babies.
2. How does Darrow get the Lieutenant to do what Darrow wants?
(a) Forgive a gambling debt.
(b) Slip him a hundred dollar bill.
(c) Leaves one camera behind.
(d) Agrees to leave Helen.
3. What does Darrow make clear to Helen when she next sees him?
(a) That he does not want children.
(b) That he will not take her in the field.
(c) That she should go home.
(d) That there is no chance for a relationship.
4. What does Helen think she needs to do if she is going to survive Vietnam?
(a) Pretend to be a communist sympathizer.
(b) Get a flak vest and helmet.
(c) Stay out of the front lines.
(d) Make friends with others in Saigon.
5. How long will it take Darrow's arm to heal?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 4 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Linh feel when he sees a picture of Helen and Darrow on Darrow's table?
2. What is Helen's brother's name?
3. What type of stories did Helen do on Cambodia?
4. What do Helen and Curt talk about on the way out of the field?
5. Where do Helen and Darrow stay?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)