|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Linh do before he was drafted into the army?
(a) He was a banker.
(b) He was a farmer.
(c) He was a writer and a poet.
(d) He was a lawyer.
2. Where was Linh sent when he answered a Help Wanted ad?
(a) The Philippines.
(c) A U.S. army base in Saigon.
3. What is Helen's hope concerning herself and Linh?
(a) That they will wed.
(b) That he will forgive her.
(c) That they will return to Saigon after the country has settled down.
(d) That she is not pregnant.
4. What does Helen think she needs to do if she is going to survive Vietnam?
(a) Get a flak vest and helmet.
(b) Stay out of the front lines.
(c) Make friends with others in Saigon.
(d) Pretend to be a communist sympathizer.
5. When does Linh first spot Helen?
(a) In a battle helicopter.
(b) In Darrow's room.
(c) During a conversation with Bao.
(d) Among the faces at a press conference.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Bao know about Linh?
2. What do Helen and Curt talk about on the way out of the field?
3. Why is Helen angry at Darrow?
4. How do Darrow, Gary and Linh feel about Helen when they meet her?
5. What does Helen notice about how journalist act towards each other in the field?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)