|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Chuong allowed to stay in Helen's apartment building?
(a) He lives there with his mother.
(b) He is a good cook.
(c) He is the manager's nephew.
(d) He runs errands for the tenants.
2. When does Linh first spot Helen?
(a) In a battle helicopter.
(b) Among the faces at a press conference.
(c) In Darrow's room.
(d) During a conversation with Bao.
3. What does Linh feel Helen is doing to him?
(a) Making him fall in love with her.
(b) Pushing him beyond his limits.
(c) Making him wonder if Vietnamese men treat their women wrong.
(d) Making him feel better about Americans.
4. What happens shortly after Linh meets his first American?
(a) He is arrested by the Americans.
(b) His village is bombed and his family is killed.
(c) He is discharged from the army.
(d) His son is born.
5. What does a soldier say about the Vietnamese and life?
(a) They believe life is sacred.
(b) They do not value it like Americans.
(c) Nothing is said about the Vietnamese and life.
(d) They have no life with the war in their country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to MacCrae a few weeks after Helen meets him?
2. How did Helen get into the field without Darrow?
3. What does Darrow tell Helen during Christmas dinner?
4. Why does a Captain jump on Helen when she steps forward to take a picture of a grandfather?
5. What does Darrow call Helen when he meets her?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)