|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Darrow put his camera down during a battle?
(a) To save a wounded man.
(b) To see if Linh would pick it up.
(c) To rest his back.
(d) Darrow never puts his camera down.
2. What type of stories did Helen do on Cambodia?
(b) Stories on their type of farmning.
(c) Stories about the animals there.
(d) She did not do any stories on Cambodia.
3. What happens when the men in the book in question #1 eat the Lotus Flower?
(a) They turn into monsters.
(b) They lose all desire to leave the meadows.
(c) They fall asleep and never wake up.
(d) They fall in love with the women there.
4. What do Helen and Darrow do the night they meet after dinner?
(a) Go out and shoot some pictures.
(b) Go dancing.
(c) Spend a long time talking.
(d) Go to bed together.
5. What did Linh's father do for a living in Hanoi?
(a) A professor of literature.
(b) A physician.
(c) The town mayor.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Linh not with Helen at the beginning of the book?
2. When does Linh first spot Helen?
3. What does Helen find as she is returning to her apartment?
4. How long has Helen been in Vietnam?
5. Where was Linh sent when he answered a Help Wanted ad?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)