Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 12-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a soldier say about the Vietnamese and life?
(a) They have no life with the war in their country.
(b) Nothing is said about the Vietnamese and life.
(c) They believe life is sacred.
(d) They do not value it like Americans.
2. Who was the first American Linh ever met?
(b) Matt Carter.
(c) Sam Darrow.
(d) Robert Canson.
3. Why does Linh berate Helen?
(a) For loving a dead man.
(b) She is insisting on going where press are not allowed.
(c) She is so stoic.
(d) He says she is acting like a child.
4. Why is Saigon in chaos?
(a) The Americans have surrounded the city.
(b) The mayor of Saigon has died.
(c) There is an ongoing drought.
(d) The Comnmunists are on the outskirts of the city.
5. What does Helen attempt to do the evening she returns from the field?
(a) Avoid everyone.
(b) Find a new battery for her camera.
(c) Get drunk.
(d) Find her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen notice about Gary when they return to Saigon?
2. What does Linh feel for the first time since Mai's death?
3. What seems to fade into the distance for Helen?
4. How long has Helen been in Vietnam?
5. What does Darrow give Helen the next morning?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)