|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the journalists feel ashamed when coming back from a shoot?
(a) Because they are exploiting tragedy.
(b) They never seem to get a really great picture.
(c) They compete so much.
(d) They are embarrassed by the soldiers' behavior.
2. Why is Darrow arguing with a Lieutenant in Chapter 4?
(a) He wants Darrow to give him a bribe.
(b) He says Darrow's camera equipment is too heavy.
(c) He wants a date with Helen.
(d) He will not let Helen on the helicopter.
3. What does Helen find as she is returning to her apartment?
(a) Another camera.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A lost girl.
(d) A pair of shoes.
4. What job does Helen have in Saigon?
(b) She has no job but is married to a Vietnamese.
(c) Civilian secretary for the army.
(d) USO performer.
5. Why is Linh not with Helen at the beginning of the book?
(a) They have had an argument.
(b) He is out of the city.
(c) He is visiting his mother in the northwest section.
(d) He has been injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what story did the quote about the Lotus Eaters come?
2. Why does Helen not take any pictures in the field?
3. In what kind of unit was Helen's brother?
4. What does Helen notice about how journalist act towards each other in the field?
5. Who was the first American Linh ever met?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)