|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a soldier say about the Vietnamese and life?
(a) They have no life with the war in their country.
(b) Nothing is said about the Vietnamese and life.
(c) They believe life is sacred.
(d) They do not value it like Americans.
2. What does Linh try to teach Darrow?
(a) How to speak to a Vietnamese woman.
(b) Why the communists are winning.
(c) How to care for his equipment in the humid jungle.
(d) About the country of Vietnam.
3. What is done to Helen when she is stopped?
(a) She is taken to a safe place.
(c) She is hit on the head.
(d) She is arrested.
4. What is Curt determined to do?
(a) Return to combat.
(b) Ride a hundred foot wave.
(c) Buy great camera equipment when he returns to the states.
(d) Tour the Far East on his motorcycle.
5. What do Helen and Darrow do the night they meet after dinner?
(a) Go to bed together.
(b) Go dancing.
(c) Go out and shoot some pictures.
(d) Spend a long time talking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the taxis in Saigon look like?
2. What is Helen's hope concerning herself and Linh?
3. What type of stories did Helen do on Cambodia?
4. At what Air Force Base are Helen and Darrow at the opening of Chapter 4?
5. How long has Annick lived in Vietnam?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)