|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen find as she is returning to her apartment?
(a) A lost girl.
(b) Another camera.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A bicycle.
2. What is Helen's first assignment from Gary?
(a) To write a report on Vietnamese families and the war.
(b) To take pictures of peaceful places in Saigon.
(c) To cover the Buddhist strikes.
(d) To interview the American Ambassador.
3. From what story did the quote about the Lotus Eaters come?
(a) Star Wars.
(b) The Odessey.
(c) Call of the Wild.
(d) Jane Eyre.
4. What stories does Linh tell children while he was away?
(a) About peace.
(b) About Americans.
(c) About fairies.
(d) About the mystery of life.
5. How does Darrow get the Lieutenant to do what Darrow wants?
(a) Leaves one camera behind.
(b) Slip him a hundred dollar bill.
(c) Forgive a gambling debt.
(d) Agrees to leave Helen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Helen's bags remained packed in the motel room?
2. What is Curt determined to do?
3. Why is Helen angry at Darrow?
4. What does Darrow tell Helen he has back in Saigon?
5. What happens when the men in the book in question #1 eat the Lotus Flower?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)