|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linh feel Helen is doing to him?
(a) Pushing him beyond his limits.
(b) Making him feel better about Americans.
(c) Making him fall in love with her.
(d) Making him wonder if Vietnamese men treat their women wrong.
2. What did Linh do before he was drafted into the army?
(a) He was a writer and a poet.
(b) He was a lawyer.
(c) He was a farmer.
(d) He was a banker.
3. What does Linh tell Helen he cannot do?
4. What does Helen think she needs to do if she is going to survive Vietnam?
(a) Get a flak vest and helmet.
(b) Pretend to be a communist sympathizer.
(c) Stay out of the front lines.
(d) Make friends with others in Saigon.
5. What worries Darrow about Helen the most?
(a) That she will be killed.
(b) That she will find someone else.
(c) That she really is pregnant.
(d) That she will stay in Vietnam too long.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bao require Linh to do?
2. What does Darrow say about Helen to the USAID man?
3. What happens to Samuels?
4. Why is Saigon in chaos?
5. What do Helen and Curt talk about on the way out of the field?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)