|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen resent?
(a) The two USAID men's sexism.
(b) Darrow assuming she will stay with him.
(c) Linh's patronizing.
(d) Darrow wanting her to leave.
2. How does Linh feel when he sees a picture of Helen and Darrow on Darrow's table?
(a) Surprised and jealous.
3. Why does a Captain jump on Helen when she steps forward to take a picture of a grandfather?
(a) He says she is going to get them killed.
(b) He says she is going to be killed.
(c) He is angry she turned down his request for a date.
(d) He says women should not be in the field.
4. What does Helen attempt to do the evening she returns from the field?
(a) Find a new battery for her camera.
(b) Avoid everyone.
(c) Get drunk.
(d) Find her brother.
5. What does Helen arrange for Linh?
(a) A medic.
(b) New paperwork.
(c) A false passport.
(d) Access to her bank account.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bao require Linh to do?
2. What does Helen learn about the Vietnamese?
3. Where do Helen and Darrow stay?
4. Why is Linh not with Helen at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Helen think she needs to do if she is going to survive Vietnam?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)