|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what story did the quote about the Lotus Eaters come?
(a) The Odessey.
(b) Jane Eyre.
(c) Star Wars.
(d) Call of the Wild.
2. What does Bao require Linh to do?
(a) Work for the North.
(b) Give him half of his pay.
(c) Bao has no interest in Linh.
(d) Steer Darrow towards pro communists people.
3. What does Linh say when Darrow mentions Linh is using a different name?
(a) The first name was false.
(c) He always hated his given name.
(d) That other man is dead.
4. With what does Helen become involved while she is staying with Darrow?
(a) Village life.
(b) One of the USAID men.
(c) A food program for babies.
(d) The school.
5. What does one of the USAID men offer Helen?
(a) A better situation.
(c) A new camera.
(d) A ticket back to the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen start to do so the soldiers will respect her?
2. What does Helen hear when she wakes that morning?
3. What does Linh say having Helen around has done?
4. What does Helen think she needs to do if she is going to survive Vietnam?
5. What does Helen learn about concerning Linh?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)