|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen think she needs to do if she is going to survive Vietnam?
(a) Get a flak vest and helmet.
(b) Make friends with others in Saigon.
(c) Stay out of the front lines.
(d) Pretend to be a communist sympathizer.
2. What do some people wonder about Darrow?
(a) If he deliberately puts himself in danger.
(b) If he is deliberately cruel.
(c) If his luck is going to run out.
(d) If he will ever leave Vietnam.
3. Why does Darrow send Linh to work with Helen?
(a) He is upset with Linh.
(b) He says Linh will be valuable to Helen.
(c) Linh has asked to be assigned to her.
(d) He wants to keep Linh safe.
4. What is Helen's first assignment from Gary?
(a) To cover the Buddhist strikes.
(b) To take pictures of peaceful places in Saigon.
(c) To write a report on Vietnamese families and the war.
(d) To interview the American Ambassador.
5. What does Helen learn about the Vietnamese?
(a) They are like Americans in more ways than not.
(b) They must be left to fend for themselves.
(c) They are fragile.
(d) They are indomitable.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Darrow say Helen should view Linh?
2. What do Helen and Darrow do the night they meet after dinner?
3. What does Linh feel Helen is doing to him?
4. What does Helen resent?
5. Who does Helen meet at the river?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)