|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Annick lived in Vietnam?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) Five years.
(d) All her life.
2. Why did Michael go to Vietnam?
(a) To follow in his father's footsteps.
(b) He was drafted.
(c) To stop communism.
(d) To help stop the war from the inside.
3. Who does Helen meet at the river?
(a) Lily Cantor.
(b) Thomas Roberts.
(c) Matt Tanner.
(d) Paul Phillips.
4. From what story did the quote about the Lotus Eaters come?
(a) The Odessey.
(b) Call of the Wild.
(c) Star Wars.
(d) Jane Eyre.
5. What does Darrow tell Helen during Christmas dinner?
(a) He is leaving the country.
(b) Jack has been killed.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) She needs to go back to the states.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen learn about concerning Linh?
2. Why is Helen angry at Darrow?
3. Why does Darrow send Linh to work with Helen?
4. What does Darrow give Helen the next morning?
5. Why is Linh not with Helen at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)