|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 12-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Helen's brother's name?
2. With whom does Helen dance at Robert's going away party?
3. What seems to fade into the distance for Helen?
(a) Her life with her fiance.
(b) Her pain at her brother's death.
(c) The war.
(d) Her life in the United States.
4. Why is Darrow arguing with a Lieutenant in Chapter 4?
(a) He says Darrow's camera equipment is too heavy.
(b) He wants Darrow to give him a bribe.
(c) He wants a date with Helen.
(d) He will not let Helen on the helicopter.
5. What does Darrow tell Helen he hates about himself?
(a) That he sees himself in Tanner.
(b) That he sometimes wants to ask Helen to marry him.
(c) That he does not have the guts to leave Vietnam.
(d) That he has no feelings left.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confronts Helen and Linh as they are traveling?
2. What gesture does Helen make as they are confronted?
3. Why is Helen angry at Darrow?
4. What happens to Samuels?
5. What does Linh feel for the first time since Mai's death?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)