|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 12-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worries Darrow about Helen the most?
(a) That she will be killed.
(b) That she will find someone else.
(c) That she will stay in Vietnam too long.
(d) That she really is pregnant.
2. For what does Thao blame Helen?
(a) Linh's being lost to Thao.
(b) The children in the camp not getting enough money.
(c) The men not paying attention to the Vietnamese women who are widows.
(d) That Linh is gone for long stretches of time.
3. Where do Helen and Darrow stay?
(a) In a shack.
(b) In an old mess tent.
(c) In an abandoned hotel.
(d) In the mayor's abandoned home.
4. What seems to be receding to Helen?
(a) Her plan to win a Pulitzer.
(b) Her plan to stay emotionally aloof from the country.
(c) The plan to return to the U. S.
(d) Her memories of her father's shame of her.
5. Why is Thao jealous?
(a) She wants to be a photographer like Helen.
(b) She cannot get Linh's attention.
(c) She wants to go to the States like Mai Linh.
(d) She is jealous that Darrow is paying attention to Helen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darrow want to encourage Americans to do?
2. What does Helen learn about concerning Linh?
3. For what does Linh berate himself?
4. What does Linh wish about Darrow?
5. With what does Helen become involved while she is staying with Darrow?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)