|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Georgie not turn in Steve after he is sent to the hospital?
2. What did Paul like to build?
3. How does Georgie always say he gets his bruises?
4. Who waters the rosebush while Georgie is in the hospital?
5. What does Georgie like to day dream about before the drawing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
2. What injuries does Georgie have at the hospital?
3. What happened to Mrs. Harper's family?
4. Why does Georgie make his own lunch after going to the store?
5. How does Rosita respond when she meets Georgie?
6. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him from Steve?
7. What does Georgie say he would ask God for while he is sick with his fever?
8. What does Mrs. Harper do while Georgie is recovering from his fever?
9. What does Georgie win from the lottery, and why does he love it so much?
10. What makes Georgie dislike his teacher?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of abuse did Georgie receive in his life, and how did he respond to this?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)