Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Georgie back to the school when he passes out in the garden?
2. Why does Georgie hate Mrs. Cressman?
3. What grade is Georgie supposed to be in at the beginning of the book?
4. Who does Mr. Collier introduce Georgie to?
5. What favor does Georgie ask of Mr. Collier?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Georgie show Timothy that he won't show anyone else?
2. Why does Robin like Georgie so much?
3. How did Georgie get the scars on his face?
4. What causes Georgie to get sick in the garden?
5. What does Mr. Collier do when he meets Georgie?
6. What does Mrs. Harper want Georgie to do at the funeral?
7. What is Georgie worried about as the lottery approaches?
8. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
9. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him from Steve?
10. What makes Georgie punch one of the other boys at the school?
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Irene Hunt have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)