|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Georgie hide when Steve comes over?
2. How is Mrs. Harper able to see all of Georgie's cuts and scars?
3. What does Georgie's mother say ruined her life?
4. What is Georgie filled with when he leaves the grocery store?
5. How does Georgie feel when he sees his favorite book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Georgie so insistent about where his rosebush should go?
2. What does Georgie do after the service for Robin?
3. Why does Georgie like his garden book so much?
4. What does Georgie do after hearing all the stories at the over-nighter?
5. How does Robin die?
6. Why does Mrs. Harper not let the school boys near her house?
7. What does Mrs. Harper do when she first sees Georgie's rosebush in her garden?
8. Why does Georgie refuse to join the drama class?
9. Why does Georgie make his own lunch after going to the store?
10. Why did Robin like having Paul around?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of abuse did Georgie receive in his life, and how did he respond to this?
This section contains 1,188 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)