Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Georgie back to the school when he passes out in the garden?
2. Why does Georgie hate Mrs. Cressman?
3. What grade is Georgie supposed to be in at the beginning of the book?
4. Who does Mr. Collier introduce Georgie to?
5. What favor does Georgie ask of Mr. Collier?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Georgie show Timothy that he won't show anyone else?
2. Why does Robin like Georgie so much?
3. How did Georgie get the scars on his face?
4. What causes Georgie to get sick in the garden?
5. What does Mr. Collier do when he meets Georgie?
6. What does Mrs. Harper want Georgie to do at the funeral?
7. What is Georgie worried about as the lottery approaches?
8. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
9. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him from Steve?
10. What makes Georgie punch one of the other boys at the school?
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of abuse did Georgie receive in his life, and how did he respond to this?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)