|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stopped Steve from beating Georgie before he was sent to the hospital?
2. What is Georgie filled with when he leaves the grocery store?
3. What makes Georgie lonely while living with Mrs. Sims?
4. How did Mrs. Harper's son die?
5. Who does Rosita work for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Georgie insist on during his first day at the new school?
2. How did Georgie get the scars on his face?
3. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
4. Why does Georgie make his own lunch after going to the store?
5. How does Rosita respond when she meets Georgie?
6. What is Georgie worried about as the lottery approaches?
7. Why does Mrs. Harper not let the school boys near her house?
8. How does Georgie end up in the hospital?
9. What clues does Georgie have that Steve will be returning soon as the lottery approaches?
10. What does Georgie say he would ask God for while he is sick with his fever?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Responsibility and coming of age were two themes that were interwoven in many places of this plot. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
Essay Topic 3
How did Mr. Collier teach Georgie to read, and what affect did this new skill have on Georgie's life?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)