|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgie beg for when he gets out of the hospital?
2. Why does Georgie's mother not stop Steve from abusing her son?
3. What does Georgie do while Mrs. Harper yells at him?
4. Where does Mrs. Sims work?
5. What makes Georgie lonely while living with Mrs. Sims?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Georgie so excited about the lottery drawing?
2. What does Mr. Collier do when he meets Georgie?
3. Where does Sister suggest the rosebush go?
4. Why is Georgie so insistent about where his rosebush should go?
5. What does Mrs. Harper do when she first sees Georgie's rosebush in her garden?
6. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him from Steve?
7. What injuries does Georgie have at the hospital?
8. Why does Georgie like his garden book so much?
9. Why does Georgie never read his garden book?
10. Why does Mrs. Harper allow Georgie to plant his rosebush in her garden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Georgie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
How did Georgie's relationship with Mrs. Harper change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the title of this book?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)