|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Georgie think will ruin his lottery winnings?
2. When does Georgie plant his rosebush?
3. Who stopped Steve from beating Georgie before he was sent to the hospital?
4. What is Rosita's occupation?
5. How did Mrs. Harper's son die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him from Steve?
2. Why does Georgie make his own lunch after going to the store?
3. What clues does Georgie have that Steve will be returning soon as the lottery approaches?
4. How did Georgie get the scars on his face?
5. How does Georgie end up in the hospital?
6. What does Georgie do during meal time after meeting Mr. Collier?
7. Why is Georgie so insistent about where his rosebush should go?
8. What happened to Mrs. Harper's family?
9. Why does Georgie like his garden book so much?
10. What did Georgie do to get back at the teacher he doesn't like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)