|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Georgie's rosebush the day after he plants it?
2. What is wrong with the person Mr. Collier introduces Georgie to?
3. What does Georgie think will happen after the drawing?
4. How does Georgie feel about his lottery winnings?
5. Who stopped Steve from beating Georgie before he was sent to the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Georgie end up in the hospital?
2. What does Mr. Collier do when he meets Georgie?
3. Why does Georgie like his garden book so much?
4. How does Robin die?
5. How does Rosita respond when she meets Georgie?
6. What does Mrs. Harper do while Georgie is recovering from his fever?
7. What does Mrs. Harper do when she first sees Georgie's rosebush in her garden?
8. What is Georgie most excited for during the choir concert?
9. What does Georgie do with Old Eddie?
10. What does Georgie show Timothy that he won't show anyone else?
Essay Topic 1
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot and why?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of abuse did Georgie receive in his life, and how did he respond to this?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)