|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Georgie's new school used to be?
2. What does Georgie beg for when he gets out of the hospital?
3. Why is the garden so important to Mrs. Harper?
4. Why does Georgie not turn in Steve after he is sent to the hospital?
5. What is Georgie filled with when he leaves the grocery store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Harper do when she first sees Georgie's rosebush in her garden?
2. How does Rosita respond when she meets Georgie?
3. What is Georgie worried about as the lottery approaches?
4. What clues does Georgie have that Steve will be returning soon as the lottery approaches?
5. What does Mr. Collier do when he meets Georgie?
6. What does Mrs. Harper do while Georgie is recovering from his fever?
7. What changes in Georgie's living situation after being released from the hospital?
8. Why is Georgie so excited about the lottery drawing?
9. What causes Georgie to get sick in the garden?
10. What happened to Mrs. Harper's family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of abuse did Georgie receive in his life, and how did he respond to this?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Georgie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)