|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so new to Georgie after leaving the grocery store?
2. What does Georgie do after he plants his rose bush?
3. What does Georgie call Mary Angela?
4. What is Ellen's occupation?
5. What does Georgie never do with his favorite book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Georgie dislike his teacher?
2. What does Georgie win from the lottery, and why does he love it so much?
3. What is Georgie worried about as the lottery approaches?
4. How did Georgie get the scars on his face?
5. Who is Paul and what did Timothy do with him?
6. How does Georgie end up in the hospital?
7. Why does Georgie never read his garden book?
8. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
9. Where does Sister suggest the rosebush go?
10. Why does Mrs. Harper not let the school boys near her house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Georgie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Steve was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the title of this book?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)