|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade is Georgie in at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Georgie's mother say ruined her life?
3. What does Georgie do after he plants his rose bush?
4. How is Mrs. Harper able to see all of Georgie's cuts and scars?
5. How does Georgie's mother feel about him missing so much school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Harper allow Georgie to plant his rosebush in her garden?
2. How does Robin die?
3. Why does Georgie never read his garden book?
4. How does Georgie come to be in the choir?
5. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him from Steve?
6. Where does Sister suggest the rosebush go?
7. What is Georgie worried about as the lottery approaches?
8. What does Mrs. Sims give Georgie one day at the grocery store?
9. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
10. Why does Mrs. Harper not let the school boys near her house?
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Steve was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Betrayal was a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)