|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Georgie treat the person Mr. Collier introduces to him?
2. Who cleans up the mess Steve left in the apartment?
3. What is Rosita's occupation?
4. Where does Georgie meet Rosita?
5. Why does Georgie get a fever?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Georgie say he would ask God for while he is sick with his fever?
2. What is Georgie worried about as the lottery approaches?
3. What changes in Georgie's living situation after being released from the hospital?
4. Why does Georgie like his garden book so much?
5. Why does Mrs. Harper allow Georgie to plant his rosebush in her garden?
6. Why does Georgie never read his garden book?
7. Where does Sister suggest the rosebush go?
8. What happened to Mrs. Harper's family?
9. Why is Georgie so insistent about where his rosebush should go?
10. Why does Georgie make his own lunch after going to the store?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Betrayal was a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)