|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the person Mr. Collier introduces Georgie to?
2. What does Ellen ask Georgie to do at the beginning of the book?
3. How does Timothy describe Robin?
4. How is Mrs. Harper able to see all of Georgie's cuts and scars?
5. Who stays by Georgie during the drawing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Georgie insist on during his first day at the new school?
2. What does Mrs. Harper do when she sees what Georgie is doing after Robin's service?
3. What does Georgie do with Old Eddie?
4. What does Mrs. Harper do while Georgie is recovering from his fever?
5. What clues does Georgie have that Steve will be returning soon as the lottery approaches?
6. What does Mrs. Sims give Georgie one day at the grocery store?
7. What did Georgie do to get back at the teacher he doesn't like?
8. What is Georgie worried about as the lottery approaches?
9. Why does Richie quit the play?
10. What happened to Mrs. Harper's family?
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal was a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)