|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Georgie once set a fire?
2. How does Georgie's mother feel about him missing so much school?
3. Who stopped Steve from beating Georgie before he was sent to the hospital?
4. What is wrong with the person Mr. Collier introduces Georgie to?
5. How does Georgie feel about his lottery winnings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Harper do while Georgie is recovering from his fever?
2. What does Mr. Collier do when he meets Georgie?
3. Why does Mrs. Harper not let the school boys near her house?
4. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him from Steve?
5. What changes in Georgie's living situation after being released from the hospital?
6. What did Georgie do to get back at the teacher he doesn't like?
7. What does Georgie win from the lottery, and why does he love it so much?
8. Why does Georgie like his garden book so much?
9. Who is Paul and what did Timothy do with him?
10. What makes Georgie dislike his teacher?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Steve was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Responsibility and coming of age were two themes that were interwoven in many places of this plot. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
Essay Topic 3
Robin and Georgie were two characters who were very similar in their natures, but were markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)