|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgie do while Mrs. Harper yells at him?
2. What was thrown on Georgie's head when he was a baby?
3. Why does Georgie hate Mrs. Cressman?
4. Who decides what kind of school Georgie should go to when he is released from the hospital?
5. Where does Mary Angela offer to put Georgie's rosebush?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Georgie worried about as the lottery approaches?
2. What does Mrs. Harper do when she first sees Georgie's rosebush in her garden?
3. What does Georgie insist on during his first day at the new school?
4. Why does Georgie like his garden book so much?
5. What does Georgie win from the lottery, and why does he love it so much?
6. What did Georgie do to get back at the teacher he doesn't like?
7. What changes in Georgie's living situation after being released from the hospital?
8. Why does Georgie never read his garden book?
9. What causes Georgie to get sick in the garden?
10. How does Rosita respond when she meets Georgie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the title of this book?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)