|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Georgie's new school used to be?
2. What does Georgie do when he hears what happened o his rosebush after he first planted it?
3. How is Steve related to Georgie?
4. What is Mrs. Harper's name?
5. Why does Georgie sit in the back of the classroom at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
2. What does Georgie say he would ask God for while he is sick with his fever?
3. What changes in Georgie's living situation after being released from the hospital?
4. What is Georgie worried about as the lottery approaches?
5. Where does Sister suggest the rosebush go?
6. What causes Georgie to get sick in the garden?
7. What does Mrs. Sims give Georgie one day at the grocery store?
8. What did Georgie do to get back at the teacher he doesn't like?
9. Why does Georgie like his garden book so much?
10. What injuries does Georgie have at the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot and why?
Essay Topic 3
How did Mr. Collier teach Georgie to read, and what affect did this new skill have on Georgie's life?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)