|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Georgie permission to plant his rosebush where he wants?
2. What does Georgie do during mealtimes at his new school?
3. What is wrong with the person Mr. Collier introduces Georgie to?
4. What is so new to Georgie after leaving the grocery store?
5. What does Georgie's mother say ruined her life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Sims give Georgie one day at the grocery store?
2. What does Georgie win from the lottery, and why does he love it so much?
3. What does Georgie do during meal time after meeting Mr. Collier?
4. How did Georgie get the scars on his face?
5. Why does Georgie like his garden book so much?
6. What does Georgie insist on during his first day at the new school?
7. What does Georgie say he would ask God for while he is sick with his fever?
8. Why does Mrs. Harper not let the school boys near her house?
9. How does Rosita respond when she meets Georgie?
10. Where does Sister suggest the rosebush go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Betrayal was a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
Responsibility and coming of age were two themes that were interwoven in many places of this plot. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)