|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Georgie compare Sister to someone when he is sick?
2. What makes Georgie lonely while living with Mrs. Sims?
3. Where does Georgie hide when Steve comes over?
4. Who does Mr. Collier introduce Georgie to?
5. Who takes Georgie back to the school when he passes out in the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Harper not let the school boys near her house?
2. What does Mrs. Sims give Georgie one day at the grocery store?
3. Why does Georgie like his garden book so much?
4. Why is Georgie so insistent about where his rosebush should go?
5. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him from Steve?
6. What clues does Georgie have that Steve will be returning soon as the lottery approaches?
7. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
8. What injuries does Georgie have at the hospital?
9. Who is Paul and what did Timothy do with him?
10. What does Georgie insist on during his first day at the new school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot and why?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)