|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Georgie have a fever?
2. Who does Georgie think will ruin his lottery winnings?
3. How does Georgie feel about his lottery winnings?
4. What is Georgie doing when he passes out in the garden?
5. How does Timothy describe Robin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Georgie most excited for during the choir concert?
2. Why does Georgie realize he has been hating Mrs. Harper?
3. What does Mrs. Sims give Georgie one day at the grocery store?
4. Why is Robin alone when he dies?
5. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
6. What does Mrs. Harper want Georgie to do at the funeral?
7. Why does Georgie make his own lunch after going to the store?
8. How did Georgie get the scars on his face?
9. What injuries does Georgie have at the hospital?
10. Why does Georgie never read his garden book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Responsibility and coming of age were two themes that were interwoven in many places of this plot. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Irene Hunt have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)