|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Georgie's mother feel about him missing so much school?
2. What does Ellen ask Georgie to do at the beginning of the book?
3. Why does Georgie sit in the back of the classroom at the beginning of the book?
4. Why does Georgie not turn in Steve after he is sent to the hospital?
5. How does Georgie always say he gets his bruises?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Harper do while Georgie is recovering from his fever?
2. Why is Georgie so insistent about where his rosebush should go?
3. What does Georgie do during meal time after meeting Mr. Collier?
4. What makes Georgie dislike his teacher?
5. What injuries does Georgie have at the hospital?
6. What does Georgie say he would ask God for while he is sick with his fever?
7. What causes Georgie to get sick in the garden?
8. What does Mr. Collier do when he meets Georgie?
9. Why does Mrs. Harper allow Georgie to plant his rosebush in her garden?
10. How did Georgie get the scars on his face?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Responsibility and coming of age were two themes that were interwoven in many places of this plot. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Irene Hunt have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)