|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Georgie permission to plant his rosebush where he wants?
2. Where is Georgie at the beginning of the book?
3. How does Georgie treat the person Mr. Collier introduces to him?
4. How does Timothy describe Robin?
5. Where does Georgie meet Rosita?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Georgie never read his garden book?
2. What does Georgie do during meal time after meeting Mr. Collier?
3. Why is Georgie so insistent about where his rosebush should go?
4. Why is Georgie so excited about the lottery drawing?
5. What does Georgie say he would ask God for while he is sick with his fever?
6. What does Mrs. Harper do while Georgie is recovering from his fever?
7. What happened to Mrs. Harper's family?
8. What does Georgie win from the lottery, and why does he love it so much?
9. How did Georgie get the scars on his face?
10. What is Georgie worried about as the lottery approaches?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
How did Mr. Collier teach Georgie to read, and what affect did this new skill have on Georgie's life?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)