|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Georgie hide when Steve comes over?
2. Why does Georgie live with Mrs. Sims after leaving the hospital?
3. How does Georgie treat the person Mr. Collier introduces to him?
4. What got broken before Georgie was taken to the hospital?
5. Who does Mr. Collier introduce Georgie to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Georgie so insistent about where his rosebush should go?
2. What does Mrs. Harper do when she first sees Georgie's rosebush in her garden?
3. What changes in Georgie's living situation after being released from the hospital?
4. What does Mrs. Harper do while Georgie is recovering from his fever?
5. What does Mr. Collier do when he meets Georgie?
6. What makes Georgie dislike his teacher?
7. Why does Georgie like his garden book so much?
8. Why is Georgie so excited about the lottery drawing?
9. How does Rosita respond when she meets Georgie?
10. What does Georgie say he would ask God for while he is sick with his fever?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Responsibility and coming of age were two themes that were interwoven in many places of this plot. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Robin and Georgie were two characters who were very similar in their natures, but were markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)