|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Georgie filled with when he leaves the grocery store?
2. How is Steve related to Georgie?
3. Why does Georgie not turn in Steve after he is sent to the hospital?
4. How does Georgie feel about his lottery winnings?
5. Who does Georgie think will ruin his lottery winnings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Harper allow Georgie to plant his rosebush in her garden?
2. What does Mr. Collier do when he meets Georgie?
3. What makes Georgie dislike his teacher?
4. What does Mrs. Harper do while Georgie is recovering from his fever?
5. What does Georgie win from the lottery, and why does he love it so much?
6. Who is Paul and what did Timothy do with him?
7. What does Mrs. Sims give Georgie one day at the grocery store?
8. What happened to Mrs. Harper's family?
9. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
10. What injuries does Georgie have at the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Responsibility and coming of age were two themes that were interwoven in many places of this plot. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
Essay Topic 2
Steve was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)