|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Georgie filled with when he leaves the grocery store?
2. What does Georgie win from the lottery?
3. Who stays by Georgie during the drawing?
4. Why does Georgie live with Mrs. Sims after leaving the hospital?
5. Who does Mr. Collier introduce Georgie to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Georgie get the scars on his face?
2. What makes Georgie dislike his teacher?
3. What did Georgie do to get back at the teacher he doesn't like?
4. What injuries does Georgie have at the hospital?
5. Why is Georgie so excited about the lottery drawing?
6. Why does Mrs. Harper allow Georgie to plant his rosebush in her garden?
7. What clues does Georgie have that Steve will be returning soon as the lottery approaches?
8. Why is Georgie so insistent about where his rosebush should go?
9. What causes Georgie to get sick in the garden?
10. What happened to Mrs. Harper's family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Georgie's relationship with Mrs. Harper change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Georgie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Irene Hunt have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)