|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Georgie meet Rosita?
2. What does Georgie like to day dream about before the drawing?
3. Where does Georgie have injuries at the beginning of the book?
4. Who decides what kind of school Georgie should go to when he is released from the hospital?
5. How does Georgie always say he gets his bruises?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Georgie do to get back at the teacher he doesn't like?
2. What does Georgie say he would ask God for while he is sick with his fever?
3. What causes Georgie to get sick in the garden?
4. What does Georgie do during meal time after meeting Mr. Collier?
5. Who is Paul and what did Timothy do with him?
6. Why does Mrs. Harper allow Georgie to plant his rosebush in her garden?
7. Why is Georgie so insistent about where his rosebush should go?
8. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
9. Why is Georgie so excited about the lottery drawing?
10. What happened to Mrs. Harper's family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Life and Death were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations, and why are they generally presented together?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)