|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Georgie think will ruin his lottery winnings?
2. Where did Georgie once set a fire?
3. What kind thing has Mrs. Harper done for Georgie while he has been sick?
4. Who waters the rosebush while Georgie is in the hospital?
5. Why does Georgie make his own lunch when he gets home from the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clues does Georgie have that Steve will be returning soon as the lottery approaches?
2. How did Georgie get the scars on his face?
3. What does Mr. Collier do when he meets Georgie?
4. Why is Georgie so insistent about where his rosebush should go?
5. What happened to Mrs. Harper's family?
6. What does Georgie say he would ask God for while he is sick with his fever?
7. Why does Georgie like his garden book so much?
8. Who is Paul and what did Timothy do with him?
9. What does Georgie do during meal time after meeting Mr. Collier?
10. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him from Steve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Mr. Collier teach Georgie to read, and what affect did this new skill have on Georgie's life?
Essay Topic 2
How did Georgie's relationship with Mrs. Harper change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Georgie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)