|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Georgie back to the school when he passes out in the garden?
2. Why does Georgie hate Mrs. Cressman?
3. What grade is Georgie supposed to be in at the beginning of the book?
4. Who does Mr. Collier introduce Georgie to?
5. What favor does Georgie ask of Mr. Collier?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Georgie show Timothy that he won't show anyone else?
2. Why does Robin like Georgie so much?
3. How did Georgie get the scars on his face?
4. What causes Georgie to get sick in the garden?
5. What does Mr. Collier do when he meets Georgie?
6. What does Mrs. Harper want Georgie to do at the funeral?
7. What is Georgie worried about as the lottery approaches?
8. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
9. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him from Steve?
10. What makes Georgie punch one of the other boys at the school?
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
How did Mr. Collier teach Georgie to read, and what affect did this new skill have on Georgie's life?
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)