|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Georgie permission to plant his rosebush where he wants?
(b) Mary Angela.
(c) Mrs. Harper.
(d) Mr. Collier.
2. Who stopped Steve from beating Georgie before he was sent to the hospital?
(a) A social worker.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) Georgie's mother.
(d) The Landlord.
3. What makes Georgie lonely while living with Mrs. Sims?
(a) They do not live in a building with other people.
(b) He has to go to school.
(c) His mother is not there.
(d) She works a lot.
4. Why does Georgie immediately recognize his winnings from the lottery?
(a) The roses are in his book.
(b) He has seen Steve's money.
(c) He saw them in the poster.
(d) It is all from his daydreams.
5. What is Georgie filled with when he leaves the grocery store?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Paul like to build?
2. How are Mrs. Harper and Mr. Collier related?
3. Where did Georgie get the deepest cut before he was sent to the hospital?
4. What is Ellen's occupation?
5. Who does Georgie compare Sister to when he is sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Sims give Georgie one day at the grocery store?
2. Why does Georgie like his garden book so much?
3. Who is Paul and what did Timothy do with him?
4. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
5. How does Rosita respond when she meets Georgie?
6. How did Georgie get the scars on his face?
7. What makes Georgie dislike his teacher?
8. What does Mr. Collier do when he meets Georgie?
9. What does Mrs. Harper do while Georgie is recovering from his fever?
10. What injuries does Georgie have at the hospital?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)