|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Georgie's rosebush the day after he plants it?
(a) It dies.
(b) It gets mowed over.
(c) It gets ripped out.
(d) It disappears.
2. Where did Georgie once set a fire?
(a) In his bathroom.
(b) Behind the garage.
(c) Under a car.
(d) In the classroom.
3. Who is the first person Georgie sees when he wakes up in the hospital?
(a) A social worker.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A cop.
4. Why does Georgie get worried about winning the lottery?
(a) Steve will accuse him of stealing.
(b) There might be prizes he doesn't want.
(c) He will have to share.
(d) He is not old enough to gamble.
5. Why does Georgie live with Mrs. Sims after leaving the hospital?
(a) She tries to adopt Georgie.
(b) She is the next of kin.
(c) She gets paid to.
(d) She is a foster mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgie never do with his favorite book?
2. When does Georgie plant his rosebush?
3. How are Mrs. Harper and Mr. Collier related?
4. How is Steve related to Georgie?
5. Who waters the rosebush while Georgie is in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Georgie worried about as the lottery approaches?
2. Why is Georgie so excited about the lottery drawing?
3. What does Georgie insist on during his first day at the new school?
4. Who is Paul and what did Timothy do with him?
5. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him from Steve?
6. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
7. What does Georgie do during meal time after meeting Mr. Collier?
8. What clues does Georgie have that Steve will be returning soon as the lottery approaches?
9. Why does Mrs. Harper not let the school boys near her house?
10. Why does Georgie never read his garden book?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)