|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Georgie do when he hears what happened o his rosebush after he first planted it?
(a) Returns to plant it again.
(b) Cries in his room.
(c) Hides in the garden.
(d) Plants some more seeds.
2. How does Georgie feel about his lottery winnings?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is disappointed.
(c) He feels guilty.
(d) He is thrilled.
3. Where is Georgie at the beginning of the book?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) The library.
(c) The school cafeteria.
(d) A park.
4. What is the first thing everyone at the new school notices about Georgie?
(a) His accent.
(b) His scars.
(c) His beauty.
(d) His clothing.
5. What does Georgie win from the lottery?
(a) All of these.
(b) A rose bush.
(c) A bag of groceries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen ask Georgie to do at the beginning of the book?
2. What favor does Georgie ask of Mr. Collier?
3. What does Georgie do after he plants his rose bush?
4. What does Georgie never do with his favorite book?
5. Who does Georgie think will ruin his lottery winnings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Georgie insist on during his first day at the new school?
2. What does Mrs. Harper do when she first sees Georgie's rosebush in her garden?
3. What is Georgie worried about as the lottery approaches?
4. What does Georgie do during meal time after meeting Mr. Collier?
5. Where does Sister suggest the rosebush go?
6. What does Mrs. Sims give Georgie one day at the grocery store?
7. What makes Georgie dislike his teacher?
8. What did Georgie do to get back at the teacher he doesn't like?
9. What happened to Mrs. Harper's family?
10. Who is Paul and what did Timothy do with him?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)