|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Georgie compare Sister to when he is sick?
(a) Mrs. Sims.
(b) His mother.
2. What is Georgie's favorite book about?
3. How does Georgie's mother feel about him missing so much school?
(a) She wants him to be happy.
(b) She doesn't care.
(c) She encourages it.
(d) She is angry.
4. What is Ellen's occupation?
5. What is so new to Georgie after leaving the grocery store?
(a) He has never had a gift before.
(b) He has never been excited about anything before.
(c) All of these.
(d) He has never kept secrets from his mother before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgie want to do with the garden at his new school?
2. What does Sister tell Georgie he must learn to do in order to survive?
3. Why does Georgie make his own lunch when he gets home from the store?
4. When does Georgie plant his rosebush?
5. What was thrown on Georgie's head when he was a baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rosita respond when she meets Georgie?
2. What changes in Georgie's living situation after being released from the hospital?
3. Who is Paul and what did Timothy do with him?
4. Why does Georgie never read his garden book?
5. What does Georgie win from the lottery, and why does he love it so much?
6. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him from Steve?
7. Why is Georgie so insistent about where his rosebush should go?
8. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
9. What does Mrs. Harper do while Georgie is recovering from his fever?
10. What causes Georgie to get sick in the garden?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)