|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Georgie never do with his favorite book?
(a) Show it to his mother.
(b) Lend it out.
(c) Read it.
(d) Return it to the library.
2. Why does Georgie get worried about winning the lottery?
(a) Steve will accuse him of stealing.
(b) There might be prizes he doesn't want.
(c) He will have to share.
(d) He is not old enough to gamble.
3. What did Paul like to build?
(b) All of these.
(c) Book shelves.
(d) Bird houses.
4. Who takes Georgie back to the school when he passes out in the garden?
(a) Mary Angela.
(c) Mrs. Harper.
(d) Mr. Collier.
5. What does Georgie win from the lottery?
(a) All of these.
(c) A rose bush.
(d) A bag of groceries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Georgie doing when he passes out in the garden?
2. What does Georgie call Mary Angela?
3. Why does Georgie live with Mrs. Sims after leaving the hospital?
4. Where does Georgie hide when Steve comes over?
5. What does Georgie beg for when he gets out of the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rosita respond when she meets Georgie?
2. What does Mrs. Harper do while Georgie is recovering from his fever?
3. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him from Steve?
4. What does Georgie say he would ask God for while he is sick with his fever?
5. What does Georgie do during meal time after meeting Mr. Collier?
6. Why does Georgie never read his garden book?
7. Why does Mrs. Harper allow Georgie to plant his rosebush in her garden?
8. How did Georgie get the scars on his face?
9. What does Mrs. Sims give Georgie one day at the grocery store?
10. Why does Georgie like his garden book so much?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)