|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Georgie get the deepest cut before he was sent to the hospital?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His arm.
(c) His leg.
(d) His head.
2. What does Georgie do when he hears what happened o his rosebush after he first planted it?
(a) Returns to plant it again.
(b) Plants some more seeds.
(c) Cries in his room.
(d) Hides in the garden.
3. What was thrown on Georgie's head when he was a baby?
(b) Scalding milk.
(d) Hot coffee.
4. Why does Georgie hate Mrs. Cressman?
(a) She is mean to him.
(b) She is ugly.
(c) She is mean to his mother.
(d) She tries to help him.
5. How does Georgie treat the person Mr. Collier introduces to him?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is off-putting.
(c) He is kind.
(d) He is excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Georgie plant his rosebush?
2. Who stopped Steve from beating Georgie before he was sent to the hospital?
3. Why does Georgie hide when Steve comes over?
4. What grade is Georgie in at the beginning of the book?
5. How does Georgie always say he gets his bruises?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Georgie do during meal time after meeting Mr. Collier?
2. What makes Georgie dislike his teacher?
3. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him from Steve?
4. How does Georgie end up in the hospital?
5. What does Mrs. Harper do while Georgie is recovering from his fever?
6. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
7. What is Georgie worried about as the lottery approaches?
8. What happened to Mrs. Harper's family?
9. What does Georgie win from the lottery, and why does he love it so much?
10. What does Mrs. Sims give Georgie one day at the grocery store?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)