|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Georgie have a fever?
(a) 3 days,
(b) 7 days.
(c) 9 days.
(d) 5 days.
2. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him?
(a) He needs to see his place in the world.
(b) He needs to accept that people will knock him around.
(c) He needs to be stronger.
(d) He needs to be less of a burden.
3. How does Georgie describe the rosebush?
4. What is Mrs. Harper's name?
5. Who stopped Steve from beating Georgie before he was sent to the hospital?
(a) A social worker.
(b) Georgie's mother.
(c) The Landlord.
(d) A neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of school is Georgie told to go to after he is released from the hospital?
2. Why does Georgie hate Mrs. Cressman?
3. What does Georgie win from the lottery?
4. How does Georgie feel when he sees his favorite book?
5. Who gives Georgie permission to plant his rosebush where he wants?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Georgie end up in the hospital?
2. What causes Georgie to get sick in the garden?
3. What makes Georgie dislike his teacher?
4. How did Georgie get the scars on his face?
5. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
6. What does Mrs. Harper do while Georgie is recovering from his fever?
7. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him from Steve?
8. What does Mrs. Harper do when she first sees Georgie's rosebush in her garden?
9. What does Mr. Collier do when he meets Georgie?
10. What is Georgie worried about as the lottery approaches?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)