|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Georgie get worried about winning the lottery?
(a) He is not old enough to gamble.
(b) There might be prizes he doesn't want.
(c) Steve will accuse him of stealing.
(d) He will have to share.
2. How does Georgie feel about his lottery winnings?
(a) He is disappointed.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He feels guilty.
(d) He is thrilled.
3. How is Mrs. Harper able to see all of Georgie's cuts and scars?
(a) His coat falls off.
(b) He tears his shirt off.
(c) His shirt gets ripped.
(d) He shows her.
4. What is so new to Georgie after leaving the grocery store?
(a) He has never kept secrets from his mother before.
(b) All of these.
(c) He has never had a gift before.
(d) He has never been excited about anything before.
5. Who does Rosita work for?
(a) The State of Florida.
(b) Mrs. Harper.
(c) Master Thompson.
(d) Mary Angela.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Georgie make his own lunch when he gets home from the store?
2. How long does Georgie have a fever?
3. Why does Georgie hate Mrs. Cressman?
4. What is Ellen's occupation?
5. Where does Georgie hide when Steve comes over?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Georgie make his own lunch after going to the store?
2. What clues does Georgie have that Steve will be returning soon as the lottery approaches?
3. What does Georgie say he would ask God for while he is sick with his fever?
4. Where does Sister suggest the rosebush go?
5. What does Mr. Collier do when he meets Georgie?
6. What does Georgie do during meal time after meeting Mr. Collier?
7. What does Georgie insist on during his first day at the new school?
8. Why does Mrs. Harper not let the school boys near her house?
9. What makes Georgie dislike his teacher?
10. What does Mrs. Harper do when she first sees Georgie's rosebush in her garden?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)