|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing everyone at the new school notices about Georgie?
(a) His scars.
(b) His beauty.
(c) His accent.
(d) His clothing.
2. Why does Georgie hide when Steve comes over?
(a) So he won't get teased.
(b) So he won't see his mother harassed.
(c) So he won't smell the drugs.
(d) So he won't get beat.
3. What is Georgie's favorite book about?
4. What is Ellen's occupation?
5. Where does Georgie go after making his own lunch?
(b) The park.
(c) His room.
(d) The store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person Georgie sees when he wakes up in the hospital?
2. Where does Georgie live?
3. Who does Rosita work for?
4. What does Georgie do after he plants his rose bush?
5. What does Georgie do while Mrs. Harper yells at him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him from Steve?
2. What clues does Georgie have that Steve will be returning soon as the lottery approaches?
3. Where does Sister suggest the rosebush go?
4. What does Georgie insist on during his first day at the new school?
5. How does Rosita respond when she meets Georgie?
6. What changes in Georgie's living situation after being released from the hospital?
7. What does Mrs. Sims give Georgie one day at the grocery store?
8. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
9. What injuries does Georgie have at the hospital?
10. What happened to Mrs. Harper's family?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)