|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides what kind of school Georgie should go to when he is released from the hospital?
(a) Georgie's mother.
(b) Mrs. Sims.
(c) A judge.
(d) A social worker.
2. What does Georgie do when he hears what happened o his rosebush after he first planted it?
(a) Hides in the garden.
(b) Returns to plant it again.
(c) Plants some more seeds.
(d) Cries in his room.
3. What does Georgie want to do with the garden at his new school?
(a) Plant his rosebush there.
(b) Harvest fruit there.
(c) Get some flowers for Mrs. Sims.
(d) Learn to tend it.
4. Where did Georgie get the deepest cut before he was sent to the hospital?
(a) His head.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His leg.
(d) His arm.
5. Who is the first person Georgie sees when he wakes up in the hospital?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A social worker.
(c) A cop.
(d) A nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Georgie sit in the back of the classroom at the beginning of the book?
2. Who does Georgie think will ruin his lottery winnings?
3. Where does Georgie have injuries at the beginning of the book?
4. How does Georgie feel when he sees his favorite book?
5. How is Steve related to Georgie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Robin like Georgie so much?
2. Why is Georgie so excited about the lottery drawing?
3. Why does Kevin quit the play?
4. What does Georgie say he would ask God for while he is sick with his fever?
5. What did Georgie do to get back at the teacher he doesn't like?
6. What does Georgie do with Old Eddie?
7. How does Rosita respond when she meets Georgie?
8. What does Georgie do for Robin when they are around other people, and why?
9. What is Georgie worried about as the lottery approaches?
10. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)