|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Georgie win from the lottery?
(a) A bag of groceries.
(b) All of these.
(d) A rose bush.
2. How does Georgie feel when he sees his favorite book?
3. Where did Georgie get the deepest cut before he was sent to the hospital?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His leg.
(c) His arm.
(d) His head.
4. How does Georgie treat the person Mr. Collier introduces to him?
(a) He is off-putting.
(b) He is kind.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is excited.
5. Why is the garden so important to Mrs. Harper?
(a) It is her in-law's property.
(b) It is a graveyard.
(c) It was her husband's surprise to her.
(d) It was planted by her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgie think will happen after the drawing?
2. What grade is Georgie supposed to be in at the beginning of the book?
3. Who decides what kind of school Georgie should go to when he is released from the hospital?
4. Who is Georgie's first friend at his new school?
5. Why does Georgie get worried about winning the lottery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes in Georgie's living situation after being released from the hospital?
2. What does Mrs. Harper do when she first sees Georgie's rosebush in her garden?
3. Who is Paul and what did Timothy do with him?
4. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
5. Why does Georgie make his own lunch after going to the store?
6. Where does Sister suggest the rosebush go?
7. What does Georgie do during meal time after meeting Mr. Collier?
8. What causes Georgie to get sick in the garden?
9. What makes Georgie dislike his teacher?
10. Why does Georgie like his garden book so much?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)