|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen ask Georgie to do at the beginning of the book?
(a) Say hello to his mother.
(b) Be on time next time.
(c) Visit her daughter.
(d) Return a book.
2. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him?
(a) He needs to be less of a burden.
(b) He needs to be stronger.
(c) He needs to see his place in the world.
(d) He needs to accept that people will knock him around.
3. What does Georgie do after he plants his rose bush?
(a) Goes to bed.
(b) Eats his meal.
(c) Sings a song.
(d) Writes a note.
4. Where does Georgie have injuries at the beginning of the book?
(a) His fae.
(b) His back.
(c) His legs.
(d) His arms.
5. What did Georgie's new school used to be?
(a) A house.
(b) A college.
(c) A store.
(d) A factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Georgie immediately recognize his winnings from the lottery?
2. What was thrown on Georgie's head when he was a baby?
3. Why does Georgie compare Sister to someone when he is sick?
4. What happens to Georgie's rosebush the day after he plants it?
5. What got broken before Georgie was taken to the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Georgie do at Robin's funeral?
2. What does Georgie say he would ask God for while he is sick with his fever?
3. What makes Georgie punch one of the other boys at the school?
4. What does Mrs. Harper say to Georgie at the end of the book?
5. Why does Mrs. Harper not let the school boys near her house?
6. How does Georgie come to be in the choir?
7. Why does Mrs. Harper allow Georgie to plant his rosebush in her garden?
8. Why did Robin like having Paul around?
9. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
10. Why is Alice in Wonderland Mrs. Harper's favorite skit in the play?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)