|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Georgie describe the rosebush?
2. Where does Mrs. Sims work?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The gas station.
(d) The school.
3. What makes Georgie lonely while living with Mrs. Sims?
(a) They do not live in a building with other people.
(b) He has to go to school.
(c) She works a lot.
(d) His mother is not there.
4. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him?
(a) He needs to be stronger.
(b) He needs to see his place in the world.
(c) He needs to accept that people will knock him around.
(d) He needs to be less of a burden.
5. Who stopped Steve from beating Georgie before he was sent to the hospital?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) The Landlord.
(c) A social worker.
(d) Georgie's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Georgie have injuries at the beginning of the book?
2. What was Georgie beat with before he came to the hospital?
3. What does Sister talk to Georgie about while he is sick?
4. Who stays by Georgie during the drawing?
5. Who takes Georgie back to the school when he passes out in the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him from Steve?
2. How does Georgie end up in the hospital?
3. What does Mrs. Harper do while Georgie is recovering from his fever?
4. What makes Georgie dislike his teacher?
5. Why does Georgie make his own lunch after going to the store?
6. Why is Georgie so insistent about where his rosebush should go?
7. Who is Paul and what did Timothy do with him?
8. What is Georgie worried about as the lottery approaches?
9. Why does Mrs. Harper allow Georgie to plant his rosebush in her garden?
10. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)