|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing everyone at the new school notices about Georgie?
(a) His accent.
(b) His scars.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His beauty.
2. Why does Georgie make his own lunch when he gets home from the store?
(a) Steve is there.
(b) His mother is too tired.
(c) He doesn't like his mother's cooking.
(d) There isn't a lot of time.
3. Who stays by Georgie during the drawing?
(a) Mrs. Sims.
(b) The Manager.
(d) His mother.
4. How does Georgie feel when he sees his favorite book?
5. What is Rosita's occupation?
(c) Social worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Georgie at the beginning of the book?
2. What is Georgie filled with when he leaves the grocery store?
3. Who does Georgie compare Sister to when he is sick?
4. What is Mrs. Harper's name?
5. What does Sister talk to Georgie about while he is sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Harper not let the school boys near her house?
2. Why is Georgie so excited about the lottery drawing?
3. Where does Sister suggest the rosebush go?
4. What does Georgie say he would ask God for while he is sick with his fever?
5. What causes Georgie to get sick in the garden?
6. What does Mrs. Harper do when she first sees Georgie's rosebush in her garden?
7. What changes in Georgie's living situation after being released from the hospital?
8. What clues does Georgie have that Steve will be returning soon as the lottery approaches?
9. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
10. How did Georgie get the scars on his face?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)