|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Georgie do while Mrs. Harper yells at him?
(a) Yells back.
(c) Collapses on the ground.
(d) Walks away.
2. What did Georgie's new school used to be?
(a) A college.
(b) A factory.
(c) A house.
(d) A store.
3. What does Georgie win from the lottery?
(b) A rose bush.
(c) A bag of groceries.
(d) All of these.
4. What was thrown on Georgie's head when he was a baby?
(c) Hot coffee.
(d) Scalding milk.
5. How does Georgie's mother feel about him missing so much school?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She wants him to be happy.
(c) She doesn't care.
(d) She encourages it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgie want to do with the garden at his new school?
2. Why is the garden so important to Mrs. Harper?
3. Where did Georgie get the deepest cut before he was sent to the hospital?
4. How does Rosita feel when she sees Georgie?
5. Who does Rosita work for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Georgie dislike his teacher?
2. Who is Paul and what did Timothy do with him?
3. What happened to Mrs. Harper's family?
4. How does Georgie end up in the hospital?
5. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him from Steve?
6. Why does Georgie never read his garden book?
7. What does Mrs. Harper do when she first sees Georgie's rosebush in her garden?
8. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
9. What does Georgie say he would ask God for while he is sick with his fever?
10. What does Georgie insist on during his first day at the new school?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)