|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does Georgie ask of Mr. Collier?
(a) To plant his rosebush in the garden.
(b) To go home.
(c) To get his garden book back.
(d) To have an extra helping of food.
2. What does Georgie do during mealtimes at his new school?
(a) Plays with Raleigh.
(b) Stares at the garden.
(c) Practices reading.
(d) Draws in the dirt.
3. What is Rosita's occupation?
(a) Social worker.
4. What is the first thing everyone at the new school notices about Georgie?
(a) His scars.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His accent.
(d) His beauty.
5. Why does Georgie sit in the back of the classroom at the beginning of the book?
(a) So the teacher can ignore him.
(b) Because he is very tall.
(c) He prefers the back row.
(d) He is seated alphabetically.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgie do when he sees Steve in his apartment?
2. Why does Georgie not turn in Steve after he is sent to the hospital?
3. What grade is Georgie supposed to be in at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Georgie want to do with the garden at his new school?
5. What does Georgie do while Mrs. Harper yells at him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Georgie insist on during his first day at the new school?
2. What happened to Mrs. Harper's family?
3. What does Georgie do during meal time after meeting Mr. Collier?
4. What clues does Georgie have that Steve will be returning soon as the lottery approaches?
5. What changes in Georgie's living situation after being released from the hospital?
6. How does Georgie end up in the hospital?
7. Why does Mrs. Harper allow Georgie to plant his rosebush in her garden?
8. Who is Paul and what did Timothy do with him?
9. What does Georgie win from the lottery, and why does he love it so much?
10. How does Rosita respond when she meets Georgie?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)