|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Georgie always say he gets his bruises?
(a) By falling down the stairs.
(b) By playing soccer.
(c) By angering his mother.
(d) By fighting other kids.
2. Why does Georgie sit in the back of the classroom at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is seated alphabetically.
(b) He prefers the back row.
(c) So the teacher can ignore him.
(d) Because he is very tall.
3. What does Georgie do after he plants his rose bush?
(a) Sings a song.
(b) Eats his meal.
(c) Writes a note.
(d) Goes to bed.
4. Where does Georgie meet Rosita?
(a) In the dorms.
(b) In the cafeteria.
(c) In Mary Angela's office.
(d) In the garden.
5. What damage did Georgie do when he first planted his rosebush?
(a) He knocked over a statue.
(b) He stepped on some bulbs.
(c) He dug up some lillies.
(d) He stepped on some headstones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What got broken before Georgie was taken to the hospital?
2. Who gives Georgie permission to plant his rosebush where he wants?
3. What grade is Georgie supposed to be in at the beginning of the book?
4. What happens to Georgie's rosebush the day after he plants it?
5. What makes Georgie lonely while living with Mrs. Sims?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Georgie end up in the hospital?
2. What makes Georgie dislike his teacher?
3. Why does Georgie like his garden book so much?
4. What does Mr. Collier do when he meets Georgie?
5. What did Georgie do to get back at the teacher he doesn't like?
6. Where does Sister suggest the rosebush go?
7. Why does Mrs. Harper allow Georgie to plant his rosebush in her garden?
8. What does Georgie say he would ask God for while he is sick with his fever?
9. What does Georgie win from the lottery, and why does he love it so much?
10. How did Georgie get the scars on his face?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)