|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Georgie's mother not stop Steve from abusing her son?
(a) She was abused as a child.
(b) She doesn't want to lose Steve.
(c) She has an abusive nature.
(d) All of these.
2. Where does Mary Angela offer to put Georgie's rosebush?
(a) In front of the school.
(b) In her office.
(c) In the conservatory.
(d) In the entrance.
3. Who decides what kind of school Georgie should go to when he is released from the hospital?
(a) A judge.
(b) Georgie's mother.
(c) Mrs. Sims.
(d) A social worker.
4. Where did Georgie once set a fire?
(a) In his bathroom.
(b) Under a car.
(c) Behind the garage.
(d) In the classroom.
5. Why does Georgie hate Mrs. Cressman?
(a) She is mean to him.
(b) She is ugly.
(c) She is mean to his mother.
(d) She tries to help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Paul like to build?
2. Why does Georgie compare Sister to someone when he is sick?
3. Where does Georgie go after making his own lunch?
4. What does Sister talk to Georgie about while he is sick?
5. What is the first thing everyone at the new school notices about Georgie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him from Steve?
2. How did Georgie get the scars on his face?
3. What happened to Mrs. Harper's family?
4. How does Georgie end up in the hospital?
5. Why does Mrs. Harper allow Georgie to plant his rosebush in her garden?
6. Why does Georgie make his own lunch after going to the store?
7. What injuries does Georgie have at the hospital?
8. Who is Paul and what did Timothy do with him?
9. What changes in Georgie's living situation after being released from the hospital?
10. What does Georgie say he would ask God for while he is sick with his fever?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)