|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Georgie make his own lunch when he gets home from the store?
(a) He doesn't like his mother's cooking.
(b) His mother is too tired.
(c) There isn't a lot of time.
(d) Steve is there.
2. What is Mrs. Harper's name?
3. What was Georgie beat with before he came to the hospital?
(a) A chair leg.
(b) A belt.
(c) A rod.
(d) A door frame.
4. Who gives Georgie permission to plant his rosebush where he wants?
(a) Mary Angela.
(c) Mrs. Harper.
(d) Mr. Collier.
5. Who does Georgie compare Sister to when he is sick?
(b) Mrs. Sims.
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Sims work?
2. Who stopped Steve from beating Georgie before he was sent to the hospital?
3. Who is Georgie's first friend at his new school?
4. Who does Mr. Collier introduce Georgie to?
5. Who decides what kind of school Georgie should go to when he is released from the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Harper do while Georgie is recovering from his fever?
2. What is Georgie worried about as the lottery approaches?
3. What causes Georgie to get sick in the garden?
4. Why is Georgie so excited about the lottery drawing?
5. Where does Sister suggest the rosebush go?
6. What clues does Georgie have that Steve will be returning soon as the lottery approaches?
7. What does Georgie do during meal time after meeting Mr. Collier?
8. What does Georgie say he would ask God for while he is sick with his fever?
9. How did Georgie get the scars on his face?
10. What makes Georgie dislike his teacher?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)