|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Georgie hide when Steve comes over?
(a) The fire escape.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The back yard.
(d) The garage.
2. How does Georgie describe the rosebush?
3. What does Georgie do when he sees Steve in his apartment?
4. Why does Georgie get worried about winning the lottery?
(a) He will have to share.
(b) There might be prizes he doesn't want.
(c) Steve will accuse him of stealing.
(d) He is not old enough to gamble.
5. How does Georgie treat the person Mr. Collier introduces to him?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He is off-putting.
(d) He is kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Georgie think will ruin his lottery winnings?
2. Who stopped Steve from beating Georgie before he was sent to the hospital?
3. Who is Georgie's first friend at his new school?
4. Who gives Georgie permission to plant his rosebush where he wants?
5. When does Georgie plant his rosebush?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Georgie get the scars on his face?
2. Why does Georgie never read his garden book?
3. What does Mrs. Sims give Georgie one day at the grocery store?
4. What does Mr. Collier do when he meets Georgie?
5. What is Georgie worried about as the lottery approaches?
6. Why is Georgie so insistent about where his rosebush should go?
7. What does Georgie do during meal time after meeting Mr. Collier?
8. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
9. What does Georgie win from the lottery, and why does he love it so much?
10. What happened to Mrs. Harper's family?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)