|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cleans up the mess Steve left in the apartment?
(a) Georgie's mother.
(b) The social worker.
(c) The landlord.
(d) The janitor.
2. How long does Georgie have a fever?
(a) 9 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 3 days,
3. How is Steve related to Georgie?
(a) They are distant cousins.
(b) He is Georgie's step-father.
(c) He is Georgie's uncle.
(d) He is dating Georgie's mother.
4. Why does Georgie get worried about winning the lottery?
(a) There might be prizes he doesn't want.
(b) He will have to share.
(c) He is not old enough to gamble.
(d) Steve will accuse him of stealing.
5. Why does Georgie not turn in Steve after he is sent to the hospital?
(a) He is afraid Steve will kill him.
(b) He doesn't want his mom to get in trouble.
(c) He is afraid of cops.
(d) He can't remember what happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Georgie go after making his own lunch?
2. What does Georgie think will happen after the drawing?
3. Who gives Georgie permission to plant his rosebush where he wants?
4. What does Mary Angela say Georgie can build with Timothy?
5. Where does Georgie have injuries at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What injuries does Georgie have at the hospital?
2. Why does Georgie like his garden book so much?
3. How did Georgie get the scars on his face?
4. Why is Georgie so insistent about where his rosebush should go?
5. What does Mr. Collier do when he meets Georgie?
6. Where does Sister suggest the rosebush go?
7. Why does Mrs. Harper not let the school boys near her house?
8. Who is Paul and what did Timothy do with him?
9. How does Georgie end up in the hospital?
10. What changes in Georgie's living situation after being released from the hospital?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)