|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Paul like to build?
(a) All of these.
(b) Bird houses.
(c) Book shelves.
2. When does Georgie plant his rosebush?
(a) In the middle of the night.
(b) When Mrs. Harper leaves for the store.
(c) At dawn.
(d) During lunch time.
3. What grade is Georgie in at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Georgie's mother say ruined her life?
(a) Going to prison.
(b) Having Georgie.
(c) Quitting school.
(d) Dating Steve.
5. What does Georgie want to do with the garden at his new school?
(a) Plant his rosebush there.
(b) Learn to tend it.
(c) Get some flowers for Mrs. Sims.
(d) Harvest fruit there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgie beg for when he gets out of the hospital?
2. Who cleans up the mess Steve left in the apartment?
3. What does Georgie call Mary Angela?
4. Who does Georgie think will ruin his lottery winnings?
5. Why does Georgie live with Mrs. Sims after leaving the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rosita respond when she meets Georgie?
2. Why is Robin alone when he dies?
3. What does Mrs. Harper do when she sees what Georgie is doing after Robin's service?
4. What is Georgie worried about as the lottery approaches?
5. What does Georgie do during meal time after meeting Mr. Collier?
6. What does Georgie show Timothy that he won't show anyone else?
7. What does Georgie do after the service for Robin?
8. What makes Georgie punch one of the other boys at the school?
9. Who is Paul and what did Timothy do with him?
10. Why is Georgie allowed to continue attending the boys' school?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)