|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Georgie do when he hears what happened o his rosebush after he first planted it?
(a) Plants some more seeds.
(b) Returns to plant it again.
(c) Cries in his room.
(d) Hides in the garden.
2. How is Mrs. Harper able to see all of Georgie's cuts and scars?
(a) He tears his shirt off.
(b) His shirt gets ripped.
(c) His coat falls off.
(d) He shows her.
3. What does Georgie never do with his favorite book?
(a) Show it to his mother.
(b) Read it.
(c) Lend it out.
(d) Return it to the library.
4. What does Georgie win from the lottery?
(a) A rose bush.
(b) A bag of groceries.
(c) All of these.
5. What does Georgie call Mary Angela?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him?
2. What did Paul like to build?
3. Who cleans up the mess Steve left in the apartment?
4. What is Georgie's favorite book about?
5. Why is the garden so important to Mrs. Harper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Georgie so insistent about where his rosebush should go?
2. Why does Georgie make his own lunch after going to the store?
3. Why does Mrs. Harper not let the school boys near her house?
4. What does Mrs. Harper do while Georgie is recovering from his fever?
5. What is Georgie worried about as the lottery approaches?
6. How does Georgie get his rosebush where he wants it?
7. What makes Georgie dislike his teacher?
8. What changes in Georgie's living situation after being released from the hospital?
9. Why does Georgie like his garden book so much?
10. Why does Georgie never read his garden book?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)