|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Steve related to Georgie?
(a) He is dating Georgie's mother.
(b) He is Georgie's step-father.
(c) He is Georgie's uncle.
(d) They are distant cousins.
2. What does Georgie do during mealtimes at his new school?
(a) Plays with Raleigh.
(b) Practices reading.
(c) Draws in the dirt.
(d) Stares at the garden.
3. What kind thing has Mrs. Harper done for Georgie while he has been sick?
(a) All of these.
(b) Planted his rosebush.
(c) Visited him.
(d) Fed him.
4. Where does Mary Angela offer to put Georgie's rosebush?
(a) In front of the school.
(b) In her office.
(c) In the entrance.
(d) In the conservatory.
5. How does Georgie describe the rosebush?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Georgie live with Mrs. Sims after leaving the hospital?
2. Where does Georgie meet Rosita?
3. How did Mrs. Harper's son die?
4. What was Georgie beat with before he came to the hospital?
5. What kind of school is Georgie told to go to after he is released from the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Georgie to get sick in the garden?
2. What does Georgie win from the lottery, and why does he love it so much?
3. What changes in Georgie's living situation after being released from the hospital?
4. Why is Georgie so excited about the lottery drawing?
5. What does Georgie insist on during his first day at the new school?
6. Why does Mrs. Harper not let the school boys near her house?
7. What did Georgie do to get back at the teacher he doesn't like?
8. What is Georgie worried about as the lottery approaches?
9. Why is Georgie so insistent about where his rosebush should go?
10. What injuries does Georgie have at the hospital?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)