|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mary Angela offer to put Georgie's rosebush?
(a) In the conservatory.
(b) In the entrance.
(c) In front of the school.
(d) In her office.
2. Where is Georgie at the beginning of the book?
(a) The school cafeteria.
(b) A park.
(c) The library.
(d) His bedroom.
3. Why does Georgie make his own lunch when he gets home from the store?
(a) There isn't a lot of time.
(b) He doesn't like his mother's cooking.
(c) His mother is too tired.
(d) Steve is there.
4. Where did Georgie get the deepest cut before he was sent to the hospital?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His leg.
(c) His arm.
(d) His head.
5. How does Georgie always say he gets his bruises?
(a) By angering his mother.
(b) By fighting other kids.
(c) By playing soccer.
(d) By falling down the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ellen's occupation?
2. What does Georgie never do with his favorite book?
3. How does Georgie describe the rosebush?
4. What was thrown on Georgie's head when he was a baby?
5. Why does Georgie immediately recognize his winnings from the lottery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Georgie to get sick in the garden?
2. Why does Georgie make his own lunch after going to the store?
3. Who is Paul and what did Timothy do with him?
4. What makes Georgie dislike his teacher?
5. What does Georgie do during meal time after meeting Mr. Collier?
6. What does Georgie do after hearing all the stories at the over-nighter?
7. How does Georgie come to be in the choir?
8. Why does Mrs. Harper allow Georgie to plant his rosebush in her garden?
9. Why is Robin alone when he dies?
10. What injuries does Georgie have at the hospital?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)