|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who runs Georgie's new school?
(a) Molly Angleworth.
(b) Mary Angela.
(c) Monica Arceneaux.
(d) Mrs. Sims.
2. Why does Georgie sit in the back of the classroom at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is seated alphabetically.
(b) He prefers the back row.
(c) So the teacher can ignore him.
(d) Because he is very tall.
3. Why does Georgie hide when Steve comes over?
(a) So he won't see his mother harassed.
(b) So he won't get teased.
(c) So he won't smell the drugs.
(d) So he won't get beat.
4. What makes Georgie lonely while living with Mrs. Sims?
(a) He has to go to school.
(b) His mother is not there.
(c) They do not live in a building with other people.
(d) She works a lot.
5. What favor does Georgie ask of Mr. Collier?
(a) To get his garden book back.
(b) To have an extra helping of food.
(c) To go home.
(d) To plant his rosebush in the garden.
6. Who gives Georgie permission to plant his rosebush where he wants?
(a) Mary Angela.
(c) Mrs. Harper.
(d) Mr. Collier.
7. Where does Georgie go after making his own lunch?
(b) The store.
(c) The park.
(d) His room.
8. How does Georgie's mother feel about him missing so much school?
(a) She encourages it.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She doesn't care.
(d) She wants him to be happy.
9. What was thrown on Georgie's head when he was a baby?
(c) Scalding milk.
(d) Hot coffee.
10. What got broken before Georgie was taken to the hospital?
(a) His arm.
(b) His leg.
(c) His clavical.
(d) His foot.
11. Where is Georgie at the beginning of the book?
(a) The school cafeteria.
(b) A park.
(c) His bedroom.
(d) The library.
12. What does Georgie never do with his favorite book?
(a) Show it to his mother.
(b) Lend it out.
(c) Return it to the library.
(d) Read it.
13. Who cleans up the mess Steve left in the apartment?
(a) The landlord.
(b) The social worker.
(c) Georgie's mother.
(d) The janitor.
14. Why does Georgie compare Sister to someone when he is sick?
(a) He thinks she has been abused.
(b) He thinks she is kind.
(c) He thinks she is lying.
(d) He thinks she will hurt him.
15. Why does Georgie live with Mrs. Sims after leaving the hospital?
(a) She is a foster mom.
(b) She gets paid to.
(c) She is the next of kin.
(d) She tries to adopt Georgie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Collier introduce Georgie to?
2. What does Sister tell Georgie he must learn to do in order to survive?
3. Where does Georgie have injuries at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Georgie want to do with the garden at his new school?
5. What is Georgie filled with when he leaves the grocery store?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)