|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does Georgie ask of Mr. Collier?
(a) To get his garden book back.
(b) To plant his rosebush in the garden.
(c) To have an extra helping of food.
(d) To go home.
2. How does Georgie always say he gets his bruises?
(a) By fighting other kids.
(b) By playing soccer.
(c) By falling down the stairs.
(d) By angering his mother.
3. Who stopped Steve from beating Georgie before he was sent to the hospital?
(a) A social worker.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) The Landlord.
(d) Georgie's mother.
4. What does Sister tell Georgie he must learn to do in order to survive?
(a) Help others.
5. What did Georgie's new school used to be?
(a) A house.
(b) A factory.
(c) A store.
(d) A college.
6. Who is the first person Georgie sees when he wakes up in the hospital?
(a) A social worker.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A cop.
(d) A doctor.
7. What is Rosita's occupation?
(d) Social worker.
8. What was thrown on Georgie's head when he was a baby?
(b) Scalding milk.
(c) Hot coffee.
9. Who does Mr. Collier introduce Georgie to?
10. Why does Georgie's mother not stop Steve from abusing her son?
(a) She was abused as a child.
(b) All of these.
(c) She has an abusive nature.
(d) She doesn't want to lose Steve.
11. Where did Georgie get the deepest cut before he was sent to the hospital?
(a) His arm.
(b) His head.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His leg.
12. Why does Georgie not turn in Steve after he is sent to the hospital?
(a) He doesn't want his mom to get in trouble.
(b) He can't remember what happened.
(c) He is afraid of cops.
(d) He is afraid Steve will kill him.
13. What does Georgie do while Mrs. Harper yells at him?
(b) Yells back.
(c) Collapses on the ground.
(d) Walks away.
14. Why does Georgie make his own lunch when he gets home from the store?
(a) Steve is there.
(b) There isn't a lot of time.
(c) His mother is too tired.
(d) He doesn't like his mother's cooking.
15. What grade is Georgie supposed to be in at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rosita work for?
2. What does Georgie do after he plants his rose bush?
3. What got broken before Georgie was taken to the hospital?
4. How does Georgie describe the rosebush?
5. Who decides what kind of school Georgie should go to when he is released from the hospital?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)