|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Georgie do during mealtimes at his new school?
(a) Stares at the garden.
(b) Draws in the dirt.
(c) Practices reading.
(d) Plays with Raleigh.
2. What is Georgie's favorite book about?
3. Where does Mrs. Sims work?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The gas station.
(d) The school.
4. Why does Georgie make his own lunch when he gets home from the store?
(a) There isn't a lot of time.
(b) Steve is there.
(c) He doesn't like his mother's cooking.
(d) His mother is too tired.
5. What does Georgie do while Mrs. Harper yells at him?
(a) Walks away.
(c) Yells back.
(d) Collapses on the ground.
6. How does Georgie's mother feel about him missing so much school?
(a) She doesn't care.
(b) She encourages it.
(c) She wants him to be happy.
(d) She is angry.
7. How does Rosita feel when she sees Georgie?
8. What kind thing has Mrs. Harper done for Georgie while he has been sick?
(a) Visited him.
(b) Planted his rosebush.
(c) All of these.
(d) Fed him.
9. How does Georgie always say he gets his bruises?
(a) By falling down the stairs.
(b) By angering his mother.
(c) By fighting other kids.
(d) By playing soccer.
10. Who cleans up the mess Steve left in the apartment?
(a) The landlord.
(b) Georgie's mother.
(c) The social worker.
(d) The janitor.
11. Who takes Georgie back to the school when he passes out in the garden?
(a) Mary Angela.
(c) Mrs. Harper.
(d) Mr. Collier.
12. Why does Georgie hide when Steve comes over?
(a) So he won't see his mother harassed.
(b) So he won't get teased.
(c) So he won't smell the drugs.
(d) So he won't get beat.
13. How is Steve related to Georgie?
(a) He is Georgie's uncle.
(b) He is Georgie's step-father.
(c) He is dating Georgie's mother.
(d) They are distant cousins.
14. How does Georgie describe the rosebush?
15. How are Mrs. Harper and Mr. Collier related?
(a) He is her father.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) She is his sister-in-law.
(d) He is her uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing everyone at the new school notices about Georgie?
2. What does Georgie win from the lottery?
3. What favor does Georgie ask of Mr. Collier?
4. What got broken before Georgie was taken to the hospital?
5. Who does Mr. Collier introduce Georgie to?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)