|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Paul like to build?
(a) Bird houses.
(b) Book shelves.
(d) All of these.
2. Who runs Georgie's new school?
(a) Mrs. Sims.
(b) Mary Angela.
(c) Molly Angleworth.
(d) Monica Arceneaux.
3. What does Sister tell Georgie he must learn to do in order to survive?
(d) Help others.
4. How is Mrs. Harper able to see all of Georgie's cuts and scars?
(a) He shows her.
(b) His coat falls off.
(c) His shirt gets ripped.
(d) He tears his shirt off.
5. What is Georgie doing when he passes out in the garden?
(a) Repeating his mother's name.
(b) Petting a tulip.
(c) Hugging his rosebush.
6. What is Ellen's occupation?
7. When does Georgie plant his rosebush?
(a) At dawn.
(b) During lunch time.
(c) When Mrs. Harper leaves for the store.
(d) In the middle of the night.
8. Who is the first person Georgie sees when he wakes up in the hospital?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A social worker.
(d) A cop.
9. What does Georgie do when he hears what happened o his rosebush after he first planted it?
(a) Plants some more seeds.
(b) Cries in his room.
(c) Returns to plant it again.
(d) Hides in the garden.
10. Why does Georgie immediately recognize his winnings from the lottery?
(a) He has seen Steve's money.
(b) The roses are in his book.
(c) It is all from his daydreams.
(d) He saw them in the poster.
11. Why does Georgie live with Mrs. Sims after leaving the hospital?
(a) She is a foster mom.
(b) She gets paid to.
(c) She tries to adopt Georgie.
(d) She is the next of kin.
12. Where does Georgie live?
13. What grade is Georgie supposed to be in at the beginning of the book?
14. Who takes Georgie back to the school when he passes out in the garden?
(a) Mr. Collier.
(b) Mrs. Harper.
(c) Mary Angela.
15. What was Georgie beat with before he came to the hospital?
(a) A belt.
(b) A door frame.
(c) A rod.
(d) A chair leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgie win from the lottery?
2. Who does Mr. Collier introduce Georgie to?
3. What makes Georgie lonely while living with Mrs. Sims?
4. How did Mrs. Harper's son die?
5. What favor does Georgie ask of Mr. Collier?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)