|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him?
(a) He needs to be stronger.
(b) He needs to be less of a burden.
(c) He needs to accept that people will knock him around.
(d) He needs to see his place in the world.
2. Why does Georgie's mother not stop Steve from abusing her son?
(a) She has an abusive nature.
(b) She was abused as a child.
(c) She doesn't want to lose Steve.
(d) All of these.
3. What does Georgie do after he plants his rose bush?
(a) Writes a note.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Eats his meal.
(d) Sings a song.
4. Who does Georgie think will ruin his lottery winnings?
(a) His mother.
(b) His teacher.
(c) His neighbor.
5. What is Rosita's occupation?
(a) Social worker.
6. What is wrong with the person Mr. Collier introduces Georgie to?
(a) He is in a wheelchair.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is mentally disabled.
7. What is Georgie doing when he passes out in the garden?
(a) Hugging his rosebush.
(c) Repeating his mother's name.
(d) Petting a tulip.
8. What makes Georgie lonely while living with Mrs. Sims?
(a) She works a lot.
(b) He has to go to school.
(c) They do not live in a building with other people.
(d) His mother is not there.
9. What is Mrs. Harper's name?
10. What does Sister tell Georgie he must learn to do in order to survive?
(a) Help others.
11. What does Sister talk to Georgie about while he is sick?
12. How does Georgie's mother feel about him missing so much school?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She wants him to be happy.
(c) She doesn't care.
(d) She encourages it.
13. Who takes Georgie back to the school when he passes out in the garden?
(a) Mr. Collier.
(c) Mrs. Harper.
(d) Mary Angela.
14. What does Georgie's mother say ruined her life?
(a) Going to prison.
(b) Quitting school.
(c) Having Georgie.
(d) Dating Steve.
15. What was Georgie beat with before he came to the hospital?
(a) A rod.
(b) A chair leg.
(c) A door frame.
(d) A belt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person Georgie sees when he wakes up in the hospital?
2. What grade is Georgie in at the beginning of the book?
3. What is Ellen's occupation?
4. Where does Georgie hide when Steve comes over?
5. What kind of school is Georgie told to go to after he is released from the hospital?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)