|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Georgie think will happen after the drawing?
(a) His mother will dump Steve.
(b) He will get adopted.
(c) He will have money.
(d) His life will change.
2. What does Georgie want to do with the garden at his new school?
(a) Harvest fruit there.
(b) Plant his rosebush there.
(c) Get some flowers for Mrs. Sims.
(d) Learn to tend it.
3. Who does Mr. Collier introduce Georgie to?
4. What does Sister tell Georgie he must learn to do in order to survive?
(d) Help others.
5. Where does Mrs. Sims work?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The gas station.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The school.
6. What is wrong with the person Mr. Collier introduces Georgie to?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He is mentally disabled.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is in a wheelchair.
7. Why does Georgie immediately recognize his winnings from the lottery?
(a) The roses are in his book.
(b) It is all from his daydreams.
(c) He has seen Steve's money.
(d) He saw them in the poster.
8. How long does Georgie have a fever?
(a) 3 days,
(b) 7 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 9 days.
9. Why does Georgie's mother not stop Steve from abusing her son?
(a) All of these.
(b) She has an abusive nature.
(c) She was abused as a child.
(d) She doesn't want to lose Steve.
10. What was Georgie beat with before he came to the hospital?
(a) A belt.
(b) A rod.
(c) A door frame.
(d) A chair leg.
11. Who is the first person Georgie sees when he wakes up in the hospital?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A social worker.
(c) A cop.
(d) A nurse.
12. How does Rosita feel when she sees Georgie?
13. What did Paul like to build?
(a) Bird houses.
(b) Book shelves.
(c) All of these.
14. What did Georgie's new school used to be?
(a) A factory.
(b) A store.
(c) A college.
(d) A house.
15. What grade is Georgie supposed to be in at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Georgie think will ruin his lottery winnings?
2. What is Ellen's occupation?
3. What does Georgie's mother say ruined her life?
4. Who waters the rosebush while Georgie is in the hospital?
5. Where is Georgie at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)