|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who waters the rosebush while Georgie is in the hospital?
(a) A gardener.
(b) The nurses.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) Mrs. Sims.
2. Who does Rosita work for?
(a) Mrs. Harper.
(b) The State of Florida.
(c) Mary Angela.
(d) Master Thompson.
3. Where did Georgie once set a fire?
(a) Behind the garage.
(b) Under a car.
(c) In the classroom.
(d) In his bathroom.
4. What grade is Georgie in at the beginning of the book?
5. Why does Georgie not turn in Steve after he is sent to the hospital?
(a) He is afraid of cops.
(b) He is afraid Steve will kill him.
(c) He doesn't want his mom to get in trouble.
(d) He can't remember what happened.
6. Where does Georgie have injuries at the beginning of the book?
(a) His fae.
(b) His legs.
(c) His back.
(d) His arms.
7. Why does Georgie live with Mrs. Sims after leaving the hospital?
(a) She tries to adopt Georgie.
(b) She gets paid to.
(c) She is the next of kin.
(d) She is a foster mom.
8. How are Mrs. Harper and Mr. Collier related?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her father.
(c) She is his sister-in-law.
(d) They are cousins.
9. Why does Georgie's mother not stop Steve from abusing her son?
(a) She was abused as a child.
(b) All of these.
(c) She has an abusive nature.
(d) She doesn't want to lose Steve.
10. Where does Mary Angela offer to put Georgie's rosebush?
(a) In her office.
(b) In the entrance.
(c) In front of the school.
(d) In the conservatory.
11. Who stays by Georgie during the drawing?
(a) Mrs. Sims.
(b) His mother.
(c) The Manager.
12. How does Georgie always say he gets his bruises?
(a) By fighting other kids.
(b) By angering his mother.
(c) By falling down the stairs.
(d) By playing soccer.
13. What favor does Georgie ask of Mr. Collier?
(a) To get his garden book back.
(b) To have an extra helping of food.
(c) To go home.
(d) To plant his rosebush in the garden.
14. What does Georgie like to day dream about before the drawing?
(a) Planting a garden.
(b) Learning to read.
(c) Killing Steve.
(d) Having a different life.
15. What is Ellen's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Georgie live?
2. Who takes Georgie back to the school when he passes out in the garden?
3. How is Steve related to Georgie?
4. What damage did Georgie do when he first planted his rosebush?
5. What is Georgie doing when he passes out in the garden?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)