|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Georgie live?
2. What does Georgie do after he plants his rose bush?
(a) Sings a song.
(b) Writes a note.
(c) Goes to bed.
(d) Eats his meal.
3. What grade is Georgie supposed to be in at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Sister tell Georgie he must learn to do in order to survive?
(d) Help others.
5. What does Georgie do during mealtimes at his new school?
(a) Stares at the garden.
(b) Draws in the dirt.
(c) Practices reading.
(d) Plays with Raleigh.
6. What is the first thing everyone at the new school notices about Georgie?
(a) His accent.
(b) His beauty.
(c) His scars.
(d) His clothing.
7. Who gives Georgie permission to plant his rosebush where he wants?
(b) Mrs. Harper.
(c) Mary Angela.
(d) Mr. Collier.
8. What does Georgie win from the lottery?
(a) A bag of groceries.
(c) All of these.
(d) A rose bush.
9. Where does Georgie have injuries at the beginning of the book?
(a) His arms.
(b) His back.
(c) His fae.
(d) His legs.
10. How are Mrs. Harper and Mr. Collier related?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) He is her father.
(d) She is his sister-in-law.
11. What kind of school is Georgie told to go to after he is released from the hospital?
(a) A boarding school.
(b) A home school.
(c) An all boys school.
(d) A Catholic school.
12. Why does Georgie immediately recognize his winnings from the lottery?
(a) The roses are in his book.
(b) It is all from his daydreams.
(c) He saw them in the poster.
(d) He has seen Steve's money.
13. Where does Georgie hide when Steve comes over?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The fire escape.
(c) The garage.
(d) The back yard.
14. What does Georgie do when he hears what happened o his rosebush after he first planted it?
(a) Returns to plant it again.
(b) Cries in his room.
(c) Plants some more seeds.
(d) Hides in the garden.
15. What does Georgie think will happen after the drawing?
(a) His mother will dump Steve.
(b) He will have money.
(c) He will get adopted.
(d) His life will change.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the garden so important to Mrs. Harper?
2. What is wrong with the person Mr. Collier introduces Georgie to?
3. What does Georgie want to do with the garden at his new school?
4. What does Sister talk to Georgie about while he is sick?
5. Who decides what kind of school Georgie should go to when he is released from the hospital?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)