|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Georgie make his own lunch when he gets home from the store?
(a) His mother is too tired.
(b) Steve is there.
(c) There isn't a lot of time.
(d) He doesn't like his mother's cooking.
2. What is Rosita's occupation?
(a) Social worker.
3. Who stopped Steve from beating Georgie before he was sent to the hospital?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) The Landlord.
(c) A social worker.
(d) Georgie's mother.
4. What is wrong with the person Mr. Collier introduces Georgie to?
(a) He is in a wheelchair.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He is mentally disabled.
5. What does Georgie think will happen after the drawing?
(a) He will get adopted.
(b) He will have money.
(c) His mother will dump Steve.
(d) His life will change.
6. What is Mrs. Harper's name?
7. When does Georgie plant his rosebush?
(a) When Mrs. Harper leaves for the store.
(b) At dawn.
(c) During lunch time.
(d) In the middle of the night.
8. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him?
(a) He needs to see his place in the world.
(b) He needs to be less of a burden.
(c) He needs to be stronger.
(d) He needs to accept that people will knock him around.
9. Where is Georgie at the beginning of the book?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) A park.
(c) The school cafeteria.
(d) The library.
10. What is Georgie filled with when he leaves the grocery store?
11. How does Georgie feel about his lottery winnings?
(a) He is thrilled.
(b) He is disappointed.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He feels guilty.
12. Where does Mary Angela offer to put Georgie's rosebush?
(a) In the entrance.
(b) In the conservatory.
(c) In her office.
(d) In front of the school.
13. What does Georgie win from the lottery?
(b) A bag of groceries.
(c) A rose bush.
(d) All of these.
14. Who is Georgie's first friend at his new school?
15. How does Rosita feel when she sees Georgie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so new to Georgie after leaving the grocery store?
2. Why does Georgie not turn in Steve after he is sent to the hospital?
3. Who is the first person Georgie sees when he wakes up in the hospital?
4. What grade is Georgie supposed to be in at the beginning of the book?
5. Who does Georgie think will ruin his lottery winnings?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)