|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Georgie do after he plants his rose bush?
(a) Goes to bed.
(b) Eats his meal.
(c) Writes a note.
(d) Sings a song.
2. Who does Georgie compare Sister to when he is sick?
(a) Mrs. Sims.
(b) His mother.
3. Why does Georgie live with Mrs. Sims after leaving the hospital?
(a) She gets paid to.
(b) She is the next of kin.
(c) She is a foster mom.
(d) She tries to adopt Georgie.
4. What was Georgie beat with before he came to the hospital?
(a) A door frame.
(b) A rod.
(c) A belt.
(d) A chair leg.
5. How did Mrs. Harper's son die?
(a) Drug overdose.
(b) A car accident.
(c) He has cancer.
(d) He was mugged.
6. What does Georgie win from the lottery?
(b) A bag of groceries.
(c) All of these.
(d) A rose bush.
7. Where did Georgie once set a fire?
(a) Under a car.
(b) Behind the garage.
(c) In the classroom.
(d) In his bathroom.
8. Who is the first person Georgie sees when he wakes up in the hospital?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A social worker.
(c) A cop.
(d) A nurse.
9. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him?
(a) He needs to be stronger.
(b) He needs to see his place in the world.
(c) He needs to be less of a burden.
(d) He needs to accept that people will knock him around.
10. What does Georgie want to do with the garden at his new school?
(a) Get some flowers for Mrs. Sims.
(b) Learn to tend it.
(c) Harvest fruit there.
(d) Plant his rosebush there.
11. What kind of school is Georgie told to go to after he is released from the hospital?
(a) An all boys school.
(b) A home school.
(c) A boarding school.
(d) A Catholic school.
12. Who runs Georgie's new school?
(a) Molly Angleworth.
(b) Monica Arceneaux.
(c) Mrs. Sims.
(d) Mary Angela.
13. How is Mrs. Harper able to see all of Georgie's cuts and scars?
(a) He shows her.
(b) He tears his shirt off.
(c) His coat falls off.
(d) His shirt gets ripped.
14. What did Paul like to build?
(a) Bird houses.
(b) All of these.
(d) Book shelves.
15. What is the first thing everyone at the new school notices about Georgie?
(a) His beauty.
(b) His accent.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His scars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgie beg for when he gets out of the hospital?
2. How does Rosita feel when she sees Georgie?
3. What did Georgie's new school used to be?
4. What does Georgie call Mary Angela?
5. What happens to Georgie's rosebush the day after he plants it?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)