|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Georgie sit in the back of the classroom at the beginning of the book?
(a) Because he is very tall.
(b) He prefers the back row.
(c) So the teacher can ignore him.
(d) He is seated alphabetically.
2. How is Mrs. Harper able to see all of Georgie's cuts and scars?
(a) He shows her.
(b) His coat falls off.
(c) His shirt gets ripped.
(d) He tears his shirt off.
3. What does Georgie's mother say ruined her life?
(a) Going to prison.
(b) Dating Steve.
(c) Having Georgie.
(d) Quitting school.
4. How does Timothy describe Robin?
5. What is so new to Georgie after leaving the grocery store?
(a) He has never had a gift before.
(b) He has never been excited about anything before.
(c) He has never kept secrets from his mother before.
(d) All of these.
6. When does Georgie plant his rosebush?
(a) When Mrs. Harper leaves for the store.
(b) At dawn.
(c) During lunch time.
(d) In the middle of the night.
7. What is Georgie doing when he passes out in the garden?
(a) Hugging his rosebush.
(b) Repeating his mother's name.
(d) Petting a tulip.
8. How is Steve related to Georgie?
(a) They are distant cousins.
(b) He is Georgie's step-father.
(c) He is dating Georgie's mother.
(d) He is Georgie's uncle.
9. Who stopped Steve from beating Georgie before he was sent to the hospital?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) Georgie's mother.
(c) The Landlord.
(d) A social worker.
10. Where does Georgie have injuries at the beginning of the book?
(a) His fae.
(b) His back.
(c) His arms.
(d) His legs.
11. What does Georgie do during mealtimes at his new school?
(a) Draws in the dirt.
(b) Practices reading.
(c) Stares at the garden.
(d) Plays with Raleigh.
12. What does Georgie do when he sees Steve in his apartment?
13. Who takes Georgie back to the school when he passes out in the garden?
(b) Mr. Collier.
(c) Mary Angela.
(d) Mrs. Harper.
14. Where does Georgie go after making his own lunch?
(a) The store.
(c) The park.
(d) His room.
15. What was Georgie beat with before he came to the hospital?
(a) A belt.
(b) A chair leg.
(c) A door frame.
(d) A rod.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Georgie compare Sister to someone when he is sick?
2. Where is Georgie at the beginning of the book?
3. Who is Georgie's first friend at his new school?
4. What happens to Georgie's rosebush the day after he plants it?
5. Who does Mr. Collier introduce Georgie to?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)