|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Georgie permission to plant his rosebush where he wants?
(b) Mary Angela.
(c) Mr. Collier.
(d) Mrs. Harper.
2. What does Ellen ask Georgie to do at the beginning of the book?
(a) Return a book.
(b) Visit her daughter.
(c) Say hello to his mother.
(d) Be on time next time.
3. What kind thing has Mrs. Harper done for Georgie while he has been sick?
(a) All of these.
(b) Visited him.
(c) Planted his rosebush.
(d) Fed him.
4. What does Georgie win from the lottery?
(a) A rose bush.
(c) All of these.
(d) A bag of groceries.
5. Where does Georgie hide when Steve comes over?
(a) The fire escape.
(b) The garage.
(c) The back yard.
(d) The bathroom.
6. What does Georgie do when he sees Steve in his apartment?
7. How are Mrs. Harper and Mr. Collier related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) He is her father.
(c) She is his sister-in-law.
(d) He is her uncle.
8. Who takes Georgie back to the school when he passes out in the garden?
(a) Mrs. Harper.
(b) Mr. Collier.
(d) Mary Angela.
9. What does Georgie do while Mrs. Harper yells at him?
(a) Collapses on the ground.
(b) Yells back.
(d) Walks away.
10. How does Georgie's mother feel about him missing so much school?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She wants him to be happy.
(c) She encourages it.
(d) She doesn't care.
11. What does Georgie call Mary Angela?
12. Why does Georgie's mother not stop Steve from abusing her son?
(a) She doesn't want to lose Steve.
(b) All of these.
(c) She has an abusive nature.
(d) She was abused as a child.
13. Where did Georgie get the deepest cut before he was sent to the hospital?
(a) His arm.
(b) His leg.
(c) His head.
(d) His stomach.
14. How does Georgie always say he gets his bruises?
(a) By playing soccer.
(b) By falling down the stairs.
(c) By angering his mother.
(d) By fighting other kids.
15. What does Mary Angela say Georgie can build with Timothy?
(a) Planting pots.
(c) Flower boxes.
(d) A garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mrs. Harper's son die?
2. How does Georgie describe the rosebush?
3. Who stays by Georgie during the drawing?
4. Who is the first person Georgie sees when he wakes up in the hospital?
5. What happens to Georgie's rosebush the day after he plants it?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)