|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Georgie sit in the back of the classroom at the beginning of the book?
(a) So the teacher can ignore him.
(b) Because he is very tall.
(c) He is seated alphabetically.
(d) He prefers the back row.
2. What is Rosita's occupation?
(b) Social worker.
3. How is Mrs. Harper able to see all of Georgie's cuts and scars?
(a) His shirt gets ripped.
(b) His coat falls off.
(c) He tears his shirt off.
(d) He shows her.
4. What is Ellen's occupation?
5. What is Georgie filled with when he leaves the grocery store?
6. How does Georgie treat the person Mr. Collier introduces to him?
(a) He is kind.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is off-putting.
7. What does Georgie do after he plants his rose bush?
(a) Eats his meal.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Sings a song.
(d) Writes a note.
8. Who cleans up the mess Steve left in the apartment?
(a) The janitor.
(b) Georgie's mother.
(c) The landlord.
(d) The social worker.
9. Who gives Georgie permission to plant his rosebush where he wants?
(a) Mr. Collier.
(b) Mrs. Harper.
(d) Mary Angela.
10. Who stopped Steve from beating Georgie before he was sent to the hospital?
(a) A social worker.
(b) Georgie's mother.
(c) The Landlord.
(d) A neighbor.
11. How does Georgie feel when he sees his favorite book?
12. What does Georgie never do with his favorite book?
(a) Lend it out.
(b) Read it.
(c) Return it to the library.
(d) Show it to his mother.
13. How are Mrs. Harper and Mr. Collier related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) He is her uncle.
(c) She is his sister-in-law.
(d) He is her father.
14. How is Steve related to Georgie?
(a) He is Georgie's uncle.
(b) He is dating Georgie's mother.
(c) He is Georgie's step-father.
(d) They are distant cousins.
15. Who does Mr. Collier introduce Georgie to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Georgie compare Sister to when he is sick?
2. What does Georgie want to do with the garden at his new school?
3. When does Georgie plant his rosebush?
4. Why does Georgie compare Sister to someone when he is sick?
5. How does Georgie feel about his lottery winnings?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)