|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mary Angela offer to put Georgie's rosebush?
(a) In the entrance.
(b) In her office.
(c) In front of the school.
(d) In the conservatory.
2. Who cleans up the mess Steve left in the apartment?
(a) The janitor.
(b) The landlord.
(c) The social worker.
(d) Georgie's mother.
3. When does Georgie plant his rosebush?
(a) In the middle of the night.
(b) At dawn.
(c) When Mrs. Harper leaves for the store.
(d) During lunch time.
4. What does Georgie do while Mrs. Harper yells at him?
(a) Walks away.
(b) Yells back.
(d) Collapses on the ground.
5. Where does Georgie hide when Steve comes over?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The fire escape.
(c) The back yard.
(d) The garage.
6. What kind thing has Mrs. Harper done for Georgie while he has been sick?
(a) Visited him.
(b) Planted his rosebush.
(c) All of these.
(d) Fed him.
7. Who is Georgie's first friend at his new school?
8. Where does Mrs. Sims work?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The school.
(c) The gas station.
(d) The grocery store.
9. What is Rosita's occupation?
(a) Social worker.
10. What does Sister talk to Georgie about while he is sick?
11. Why is the garden so important to Mrs. Harper?
(a) It was her husband's surprise to her.
(b) It was planted by her son.
(c) It is a graveyard.
(d) It is her in-law's property.
12. Who stopped Steve from beating Georgie before he was sent to the hospital?
(a) Georgie's mother.
(b) A social worker.
(c) The Landlord.
(d) A neighbor.
13. What does Georgie beg for when he gets out of the hospital?
(a) Some food.
(b) His garden book.
(c) His rosebush.
(d) His mother.
14. Who stays by Georgie during the drawing?
(b) Mrs. Sims.
(c) His mother.
(d) The Manager.
15. What favor does Georgie ask of Mr. Collier?
(a) To have an extra helping of food.
(b) To get his garden book back.
(c) To plant his rosebush in the garden.
(d) To go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgie think will happen after the drawing?
2. What does Georgie do during mealtimes at his new school?
3. What damage did Georgie do when he first planted his rosebush?
4. How is Mrs. Harper able to see all of Georgie's cuts and scars?
5. Who gives Georgie permission to plant his rosebush where he wants?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)