|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Harper's name?
2. Why does Georgie get worried about winning the lottery?
(a) He will have to share.
(b) Steve will accuse him of stealing.
(c) He is not old enough to gamble.
(d) There might be prizes he doesn't want.
3. Who waters the rosebush while Georgie is in the hospital?
(a) Mrs. Sims.
(b) A gardener.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) The nurses.
4. Why does Georgie compare Sister to someone when he is sick?
(a) He thinks she will hurt him.
(b) He thinks she has been abused.
(c) He thinks she is kind.
(d) He thinks she is lying.
5. Who gives Georgie permission to plant his rosebush where he wants?
(a) Mr. Collier.
(b) Mrs. Harper.
(c) Mary Angela.
6. What is the first thing everyone at the new school notices about Georgie?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His beauty.
(c) His scars.
(d) His accent.
7. What does Georgie like to day dream about before the drawing?
(a) Learning to read.
(b) Having a different life.
(c) Planting a garden.
(d) Killing Steve.
8. Where does Georgie meet Rosita?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the dorms.
(c) In the cafeteria.
(d) In Mary Angela's office.
9. What does Georgie's mother say ruined her life?
(a) Having Georgie.
(b) Going to prison.
(c) Dating Steve.
(d) Quitting school.
10. What does Georgie never do with his favorite book?
(a) Show it to his mother.
(b) Return it to the library.
(c) Read it.
(d) Lend it out.
11. What makes Georgie lonely while living with Mrs. Sims?
(a) They do not live in a building with other people.
(b) She works a lot.
(c) He has to go to school.
(d) His mother is not there.
12. What did Paul like to build?
(a) Book shelves.
(c) Bird houses.
(d) All of these.
13. Why does Georgie sit in the back of the classroom at the beginning of the book?
(a) Because he is very tall.
(b) So the teacher can ignore him.
(c) He prefers the back row.
(d) He is seated alphabetically.
14. Where did Georgie once set a fire?
(a) Behind the garage.
(b) Under a car.
(c) In the classroom.
(d) In his bathroom.
15. What is Georgie doing when he passes out in the garden?
(a) Repeating his mother's name.
(b) Petting a tulip.
(c) Hugging his rosebush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does Georgie ask of Mr. Collier?
2. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him?
3. What kind thing has Mrs. Harper done for Georgie while he has been sick?
4. Where does Georgie have injuries at the beginning of the book?
5. What was thrown on Georgie's head when he was a baby?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)