|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Georgie get worried about winning the lottery?
(a) He will have to share.
(b) Steve will accuse him of stealing.
(c) He is not old enough to gamble.
(d) There might be prizes he doesn't want.
2. Who does Mr. Collier introduce Georgie to?
3. What kind thing has Mrs. Harper done for Georgie while he has been sick?
(a) Visited him.
(b) Fed him.
(c) Planted his rosebush.
(d) All of these.
4. How does Georgie's mother feel about him missing so much school?
(a) She wants him to be happy.
(b) She doesn't care.
(c) She encourages it.
(d) She is angry.
5. How are Mrs. Harper and Mr. Collier related?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her father.
(c) She is his sister-in-law.
(d) They are cousins.
6. Why is the garden so important to Mrs. Harper?
(a) It is a graveyard.
(b) It is her in-law's property.
(c) It was her husband's surprise to her.
(d) It was planted by her son.
7. Who cleans up the mess Steve left in the apartment?
(a) The social worker.
(b) The janitor.
(c) Georgie's mother.
(d) The landlord.
8. What does Georgie call Mary Angela?
9. Who stopped Steve from beating Georgie before he was sent to the hospital?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) Georgie's mother.
(c) The Landlord.
(d) A social worker.
10. What does Georgie do when he sees Steve in his apartment?
11. Why does Georgie not turn in Steve after he is sent to the hospital?
(a) He doesn't want his mom to get in trouble.
(b) He is afraid Steve will kill him.
(c) He is afraid of cops.
(d) He can't remember what happened.
12. How does Timothy describe Robin?
13. What does Georgie win from the lottery?
(b) All of these.
(c) A bag of groceries.
(d) A rose bush.
14. Where does Georgie have injuries at the beginning of the book?
(a) His back.
(b) His arms.
(c) His legs.
(d) His fae.
15. What grade is Georgie supposed to be in at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was thrown on Georgie's head when he was a baby?
2. Why does Georgie's mother not stop Steve from abusing her son?
3. Where does Mary Angela offer to put Georgie's rosebush?
4. What does Georgie think will happen after the drawing?
5. What is wrong with the person Mr. Collier introduces Georgie to?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)