|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What damage did Georgie do when he first planted his rosebush?
(a) He stepped on some headstones.
(b) He dug up some lillies.
(c) He knocked over a statue.
(d) He stepped on some bulbs.
2. How does Georgie feel about his lottery winnings?
(a) He is thrilled.
(b) He feels guilty.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is disappointed.
3. What happens to Georgie's rosebush the day after he plants it?
(a) It dies.
(b) It gets ripped out.
(c) It gets mowed over.
(d) It disappears.
4. What is the first thing everyone at the new school notices about Georgie?
(a) His accent.
(b) His scars.
(c) His beauty.
(d) His clothing.
5. What is Mrs. Harper's name?
6. What does Georgie beg for when he gets out of the hospital?
(a) His rosebush.
(b) His mother.
(c) His garden book.
(d) Some food.
7. How is Mrs. Harper able to see all of Georgie's cuts and scars?
(a) His shirt gets ripped.
(b) He shows her.
(c) He tears his shirt off.
(d) His coat falls off.
8. Who does Georgie compare Sister to when he is sick?
(b) Mrs. Sims.
(c) His mother.
9. Why does Georgie's mother not stop Steve from abusing her son?
(a) She was abused as a child.
(b) All of these.
(c) She has an abusive nature.
(d) She doesn't want to lose Steve.
10. Who gives Georgie permission to plant his rosebush where he wants?
(a) Mrs. Harper.
(b) Mr. Collier.
(d) Mary Angela.
11. How does Georgie feel when he sees his favorite book?
12. Who stays by Georgie during the drawing?
(a) His mother.
(c) Mrs. Sims.
(d) The Manager.
13. What got broken before Georgie was taken to the hospital?
(a) His foot.
(b) His clavical.
(c) His arm.
(d) His leg.
14. What does Georgie do when he hears what happened o his rosebush after he first planted it?
(a) Hides in the garden.
(b) Plants some more seeds.
(c) Returns to plant it again.
(d) Cries in his room.
15. What is Georgie doing when he passes out in the garden?
(b) Repeating his mother's name.
(c) Hugging his rosebush.
(d) Petting a tulip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgie think will happen after the drawing?
2. How does Georgie treat the person Mr. Collier introduces to him?
3. What did Georgie's new school used to be?
4. Where does Georgie meet Rosita?
5. Why does Georgie get a fever?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)