|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Georgie immediately recognize his winnings from the lottery?
(a) It is all from his daydreams.
(b) He saw them in the poster.
(c) He has seen Steve's money.
(d) The roses are in his book.
2. What is wrong with the person Mr. Collier introduces Georgie to?
(a) He is in a wheelchair.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is mentally disabled.
(d) He is blind.
3. What is so new to Georgie after leaving the grocery store?
(a) All of these.
(b) He has never been excited about anything before.
(c) He has never had a gift before.
(d) He has never kept secrets from his mother before.
4. Who is Georgie's first friend at his new school?
5. Who stopped Steve from beating Georgie before he was sent to the hospital?
(a) A social worker.
(b) Georgie's mother.
(c) The Landlord.
(d) A neighbor.
6. Why is the garden so important to Mrs. Harper?
(a) It was her husband's surprise to her.
(b) It is her in-law's property.
(c) It was planted by her son.
(d) It is a graveyard.
7. How does Georgie describe the rosebush?
8. What is Georgie's favorite book about?
9. Why does Georgie's mother not stop Steve from abusing her son?
(a) She was abused as a child.
(b) All of these.
(c) She doesn't want to lose Steve.
(d) She has an abusive nature.
10. What does Georgie never do with his favorite book?
(a) Lend it out.
(b) Return it to the library.
(c) Show it to his mother.
(d) Read it.
11. How does Georgie feel when he sees his favorite book?
12. What was Georgie beat with before he came to the hospital?
(a) A belt.
(b) A chair leg.
(c) A rod.
(d) A door frame.
13. Where does Georgie have injuries at the beginning of the book?
(a) His fae.
(b) His arms.
(c) His legs.
(d) His back.
14. What does Georgie think will happen after the drawing?
(a) His life will change.
(b) His mother will dump Steve.
(c) He will get adopted.
(d) He will have money.
15. Who decides what kind of school Georgie should go to when he is released from the hospital?
(a) A judge.
(b) Mrs. Sims.
(c) Georgie's mother.
(d) A social worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mary Angela offer to put Georgie's rosebush?
2. Where does Georgie go after making his own lunch?
3. How does Georgie's mother feel about him missing so much school?
4. What is Rosita's occupation?
5. What does Georgie like to day dream about before the drawing?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)