|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Steve related to Georgie?
(a) He is dating Georgie's mother.
(b) He is Georgie's step-father.
(c) They are distant cousins.
(d) He is Georgie's uncle.
2. What favor does Georgie ask of Mr. Collier?
(a) To go home.
(b) To get his garden book back.
(c) To plant his rosebush in the garden.
(d) To have an extra helping of food.
3. Where is Georgie at the beginning of the book?
(a) The school cafeteria.
(b) The library.
(c) A park.
(d) His bedroom.
4. How does Georgie's mother feel about him missing so much school?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She doesn't care.
(c) She wants him to be happy.
(d) She encourages it.
5. Why does Georgie immediately recognize his winnings from the lottery?
(a) It is all from his daydreams.
(b) He has seen Steve's money.
(c) The roses are in his book.
(d) He saw them in the poster.
6. What did Paul like to build?
(b) Book shelves.
(c) All of these.
(d) Bird houses.
7. How are Mrs. Harper and Mr. Collier related?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her father.
(c) She is his sister-in-law.
(d) They are cousins.
8. Where does Georgie hide when Steve comes over?
(a) The fire escape.
(b) The garage.
(c) The back yard.
(d) The bathroom.
9. Where does Georgie have injuries at the beginning of the book?
(a) His legs.
(b) His back.
(c) His arms.
(d) His fae.
10. Who does Georgie think will ruin his lottery winnings?
(a) His mother.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) His teacher.
11. When does Georgie plant his rosebush?
(a) During lunch time.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) At dawn.
(d) When Mrs. Harper leaves for the store.
12. What does Georgie do when he sees Steve in his apartment?
13. Why does Georgie live with Mrs. Sims after leaving the hospital?
(a) She gets paid to.
(b) She is a foster mom.
(c) She is the next of kin.
(d) She tries to adopt Georgie.
14. What is Mrs. Harper's name?
15. Who gives Georgie permission to plant his rosebush where he wants?
(a) Mr. Collier.
(b) Mrs. Harper.
(d) Mary Angela.
Short Answer Questions
1. What got broken before Georgie was taken to the hospital?
2. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him?
3. How does Georgie describe the rosebush?
4. What does Georgie's mother say ruined her life?
5. What is Georgie's favorite book about?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)