|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Georgie plant his rosebush?
(a) When Mrs. Harper leaves for the store.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) At dawn.
(d) During lunch time.
2. Where is Georgie at the beginning of the book?
(a) The library.
(b) The school cafeteria.
(c) A park.
(d) His bedroom.
3. What does Georgie do while Mrs. Harper yells at him?
(a) Walks away.
(b) Yells back.
(c) Collapses on the ground.
4. What happens to Georgie's rosebush the day after he plants it?
(a) It dies.
(b) It disappears.
(c) It gets mowed over.
(d) It gets ripped out.
5. What kind thing has Mrs. Harper done for Georgie while he has been sick?
(a) Visited him.
(b) All of these.
(c) Fed him.
(d) Planted his rosebush.
6. Who waters the rosebush while Georgie is in the hospital?
(a) A gardener.
(b) Mrs. Sims.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) The nurses.
7. What was Georgie beat with before he came to the hospital?
(a) A chair leg.
(b) A belt.
(c) A rod.
(d) A door frame.
8. Where did Georgie once set a fire?
(a) In his bathroom.
(b) Under a car.
(c) In the classroom.
(d) Behind the garage.
9. What does Georgie do when he sees Steve in his apartment?
10. Why does Georgie hide when Steve comes over?
(a) So he won't get teased.
(b) So he won't smell the drugs.
(c) So he won't see his mother harassed.
(d) So he won't get beat.
11. How does Georgie feel when he sees his favorite book?
12. What is Georgie filled with when he leaves the grocery store?
13. Where does Mary Angela offer to put Georgie's rosebush?
(a) In front of the school.
(b) In the conservatory.
(c) In the entrance.
(d) In her office.
14. Who stopped Steve from beating Georgie before he was sent to the hospital?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) The Landlord.
(c) Georgie's mother.
(d) A social worker.
15. What does Georgie do during mealtimes at his new school?
(a) Practices reading.
(b) Draws in the dirt.
(c) Stares at the garden.
(d) Plays with Raleigh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgie do when he hears what happened o his rosebush after he first planted it?
2. What kind of school is Georgie told to go to after he is released from the hospital?
3. What favor does Georgie ask of Mr. Collier?
4. What does Georgie call Mary Angela?
5. What does Georgie do after he plants his rose bush?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)