|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Georgie feel about his lottery winnings?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is thrilled.
(c) He feels guilty.
(d) He is disappointed.
2. Where does Georgie meet Rosita?
(a) In Mary Angela's office.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In the dorms.
(d) In the cafeteria.
3. What was thrown on Georgie's head when he was a baby?
(b) Scalding milk.
(d) Hot coffee.
4. What grade is Georgie supposed to be in at the beginning of the book?
5. Who waters the rosebush while Georgie is in the hospital?
(a) The nurses.
(b) Mrs. Sims.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) A gardener.
6. What damage did Georgie do when he first planted his rosebush?
(a) He knocked over a statue.
(b) He stepped on some headstones.
(c) He stepped on some bulbs.
(d) He dug up some lillies.
7. How does Georgie always say he gets his bruises?
(a) By fighting other kids.
(b) By falling down the stairs.
(c) By angering his mother.
(d) By playing soccer.
8. Who gives Georgie permission to plant his rosebush where he wants?
(a) Mary Angela.
(b) Mrs. Harper.
(d) Mr. Collier.
9. What kind thing has Mrs. Harper done for Georgie while he has been sick?
(a) All of these.
(b) Fed him.
(c) Planted his rosebush.
(d) Visited him.
10. What got broken before Georgie was taken to the hospital?
(a) His foot.
(b) His leg.
(c) His arm.
(d) His clavical.
11. Where does Mary Angela offer to put Georgie's rosebush?
(a) In her office.
(b) In the conservatory.
(c) In the entrance.
(d) In front of the school.
12. What does Georgie do after he plants his rose bush?
(a) Sings a song.
(b) Writes a note.
(c) Goes to bed.
(d) Eats his meal.
13. Who cleans up the mess Steve left in the apartment?
(a) The janitor.
(b) The social worker.
(c) Georgie's mother.
(d) The landlord.
14. What does Georgie call Mary Angela?
15. What is so new to Georgie after leaving the grocery store?
(a) He has never had a gift before.
(b) He has never kept secrets from his mother before.
(c) He has never been excited about anything before.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stopped Steve from beating Georgie before he was sent to the hospital?
2. What does Georgie think will happen after the drawing?
3. Who decides what kind of school Georgie should go to when he is released from the hospital?
4. What does Georgie do during mealtimes at his new school?
5. Who does Rosita work for?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)